[PP-F1] Subtle wind gaining speed (Secret Medicine of the forest)

Gaius was adamant and driven to hit the ground running. After being thrown from a tavern in the starting city for being too rowdy a slamming door announcing his ejection. "Yeah well your food sucked anyway, your lucky I don't feel like making you beg today," Gaius shouted at the shut door while strewn across the white stone brick floor, wiggling his jaw a bit with his left hand embracing it. Gaius hopping up with a spring to his feet curling his back and pole vaulting to his heels, looks to a green and puffs his chest "What, you want some small fry?" Gaius taunts before looking to the quest board and decides to go get more col to fuel his habits.

Laden at the foot of the board a small female frame clad in white, who Gaius had a foot in height on in the bright morning day. His demeanor softened for a moment as he licks his palm and rubs his sideburn with his right hand forward to back. "Well hey good..." Then noticing she's barely old enough and Gaius actually grosses himself out a bit. "Wha-at, you doing ne-ed some help?" Gaius struggles out with a cough having felt he dodged that landmine.

@Kasumi

Spoiler

Gaius:

HP: 20

EN: 2

Damage: 4

Accuracy: 2

Edited by Gaius

Standing in front of the board, a subtle sway as she scrolled through the menu's a bit overwhelmed by the vast count in front of her not sure where to start. A commotion from behind her draws her attention away from it for but a moment. A man with brown hair screaming on the floor something hardly audible from the distance.

"What, you want some small fry?"

As the man screams at someone as they pass by her attentions skitter back to the board hoping the goon hadn't noticed her watching.

Please don't notice me

Please don't notice me

Please don't notice me

"Well hey good..."

Kasumi shrinks a bit, popping a knuckle in her fist as its clenched assuming she would have to fight him back, sliding her vision to his gaze with a puffed-up face "Leave me alone you jerk!"

A fire in her eyes as her self defense kicks in hoping to get him to back away.

Spoiler

Kasumi:

HP: 100/100

EN: 10

Damage: 6

Evasion: 3

Accuacy: 3

Edited by Kasumi

"Jerk me, Naw I just like a good scuffle." Gaius remarks drawing his spear from his back and twirling it causing it to blur into a faint disc before an audible *clank* knocks it dead with the point downward. Drawing with his hand to open his HUD "And since you look like your raring to go, I color this an opportunity to blow off some steam. You may be pretty but I like that heat your eyes are giving me more, so let's settle this my way!" Gaius shouts as the notification pops from his menu as it slides close to Kasumi

[Duel Request: First Hit Mode]

Do you accept it?

[Yes/No]

Drawing his pointed left foot to his right leg's kneecap and drawing the spear's handle up above his head with the top pointed to the floor "Now what will it be?, If you win I'll consider leaving you alone."

The notification pops into her HUD, Kasumi looks back and forth as players start to notice the display

Why me, Everyone is watching us

He isn't going to stop this unless I make him

Tapping the screen with a solid press after a second of hesitation her mind made up in the heat of the moment, Kasumi would attempt to drive him back by force if that's what he desired despite her reluctance.

I'll just have to make him...

"Fine then, Have it your way, you thug!" Kasumi spits out shifting her legs apart, heels falling underneath her shoulders as she raises her left open palm to her face with the elbow docked in her side, her right fist docked to her waist with an elbow back.

The notification of acceptance clears, and Kasumi darts from her anchored position with force and speed as she seems to vanish with all but a pink trail visible before her attack connects to Gaius's jaw before the sound catches up to the impact.

*Thwam*

ID # 134898 BD: 9 Minor Crit

[Gaius Takes 7 Damage!]

Edited by Kasumi

Gaius thought himself prepared, and superior to the girl. But that ended faster than a simple blink as she vanished from sight and before he could find out where the girl had gone a fist cratered his face. Gaius turned his face and spat as the notification made sure to rub it in.

[Duel Concluded: You Have Lost!]

Gaius looked up to his HP bar and noticed the draw from it. "Not bad, not bad at all." Gaius remarks spitting again before his eyes climbed to meet Kasumi's "I'll leave you alone but I'd much rather see what else you got let's do something. I saw you checking out the board when I was..." Gaius stops for a second and breaks the sentence off and jumps ahead "Anyway what were you looking for?" Gaius remarks twirling his spear for a moment before sheathing it and stepping closer to the girl with a few steps as he rubs his cheek for a second. "What a punch..."

Gaius:

HP: 13/20

Edited by Gaius

[Duel Concluded: You Have Won!]

The notification came but Kasumi wasn't proud of the fact that it came to violence.

Why is it always comes down to this...

Looking to her hands she curls up a bit at the thought. Subtle tears forming in the corner of Kasumi's amber eyes feeling as though she had lost control again and maybe it could have been done differently. Her orange hair pours over her face as Kasumi's head hangs to the floor.

I saw you checking out the board

What were you looking for?

It's over now, best to move on!

Snapping free from the guilt and attempting to distance herself from it, Kasumi lights up a bit and looks back to him after a quick tap of her cheeks with both hands. "I was just trying to find something to get materials, I'm an Artisan and I'm out of gems at the moment." A bit of excitement off of a soft cute voice not bubbly but soft and innocent.

Edited by Kasumi

Was she just crying then? What the hell for she whomped me something good

Gaius thought a bit, a second mostly before he shrugged it off and proceeded through the discussion taking the initiative. "How about this one huh?" Gaius shouts attempting to lead the girl to the board and without a second thought like Russian roulette spins the wheel and just taps one at random.

"Come on, this should work for whatever it is you want to do!" Gaius shouts bombastically causing the crowd to look at the screaming buffoon in the middle of the starting city with a collective whisper becoming audible before Gaius drags his vision in a sweeping glare and yells out "Piss off unless you want a piece!" to which they answer him by clearing out to the threat from him.

A swipe and invite of Kasumi to the party Gaius prepares the quest to share it with her if she chooses to accept.

[Party Invite Sent!]

Gaius:

HP: 20/20

Edited by Gaius

[You Have been Invited to a Party by (Gaius)]

[Do you accept?]

[Yes/No]

Kasumi just looks at the invite and to Gaius as he's hooting and hollering to everything in eyesight. Looking deeply into the party invite Kasumi's reluctant to accept it but isn't sure if it would end if she didn't and she did plan on doing something and he seems to know what he's doing at least somewhat.

What have I got myself into today...

Tapping the accept it flashes shut with a soft *blip* as it adds Gaius's HP bar and the name under hers on the left side of her screen. Kasumi notices how low Gaius's HP total is and again mulls over the prospects of this adventure he's invited her to.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt I suppose...

With another *blip* Kasumi receives the quest [Secret Medicine of the Forest] from Gaius and reluctantly moves to his side as the map begins to draw a line to the quest destination while she begins reading the description to herself quietly.

[Invite Accepted!]

The invite rings true as Gaius's face lights with a hearty chuckle "Alright, let's get this party started!" drawing his spear with a twirl and holding it at his side. Looking to his party member as her HP bar and Name fill on the side of his HUD and notices her reading. "Let's just wing it, screw the specific's we can just beat our way through it all until we complete whatever it wants us to do." Gaius remarks as the line's drawn underfoot and he proceeds to head out of the city hoping Kasumi would follow suit and stop overthinking the small things like 'Information'

Breaking out of the mighty walls of the starting city into an emerald green grassed floor clearing north of the city. Littered upon its surface is players a plenty grinding away in the afternoon sunlight. Gaius takes a deep breath and exhales just as loud "Smell that, progress!" looking back to see if Kasumi was in tow.

Gaius began to dart off while her attention was focused on the quest log. Saying something to her as he began to trail away, Kasumi quickly shuffles the HUD shut and yells "Wait, Wait up!" as to not be left behind. "We should probably know what it is it wants us to do you know, instead of just running blindly into who knows what," Kasumi says with an extended finger, her off arm placed wrist first to her hip in a very 'don't be a stupid child kind of way'. At his side the field on her right as she stares dagger's through the side of Gaius's head before she turns to his statement.

"Smell that, progress!"

Looking out to the field and seeing the vast amount of creatures and players in a myriad of small clumps along the turf, a winding brown path dividing it into sections as it heads north. Kasumi notices the trail leading outward and toward a canopy of trees. Assuming Gaius wouldn't even acknowledge her warning she pivots and uses the extended finger to point at the trail's destination "I think its that way."

Gaius notices Kasumi pointing at him but chooses not to notice because it doesn't matter, for caution is for the weak. The sounds of creature destruction as parties yell out orders to each other before a *pop* in the distance and cheers become audible despite the distance as players are getting the hang of combat. "They're fine, so are we, you spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing and you'll get nowhere," Gaius said with a pearl of very ignorant wisdom that he believed in.

Watching Kasumi point, Gaius notices the trail and starts to dart down the path eager to get to battle. Covering the ground to the forests start, dark wood trees obscuring everything in front of him Gaius peaks into the brush and scratches at his head.

"I don't see anything."

Looking back toward the city and Kasumi the line is gone.

"This must be it!"

Gaius spins his spear and darts into the brush, as a pack of nepents raise to meet him. A quick twirl as the tip of his glaive lights a lime green and he impales one with a "Don't you try and sneak up on me!" The damage was enough to kill the creature with a *pop* as it fragments into shards that vanish in all directions like confetti

(1/0/0/0 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 0/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2 [2 EN spent!]

(0/0/0/0 [CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 10/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Evasion 3

#134899 BD: 6+2, Hit!

Nepent 1: -1/7 HP, Damage 3 [Heft: 4*2=8 Damage Taken]

Nepent 2: 7/7 HP, Damage 3

Nepent 3: 7/7 HP, Damage 3

Nepent 4: 7/7 HP, Damage 3

Edited by Gaius

Struggling to keep up with Gaius as he just starts to tear off in the distance without warning.

Jeez, would it kill him to just wait for a m...

Kasumi's words cut short as Gaius begins to produce green light with a twirling blade, and in the distance, a subtle pop is heard as he makes contact with something. "Wait what are you, don't!" Kasumi screams at him as Gaius cuts down one with a piercing glaive.

A bit furious Kasumi continues the shouting.

"What the hell is the matter with you, why would you do that?"

"Maybe it wasn't going to attack us, and you just murdered it in cold blood!"

Kasumi moves between Gaius and the remaining 3 to create a barrier between them in attempts to end the violence and stop them from killing each other as she doesn't understand the conditions set before her in this game. The plant-like bulb creatures begin to swing at her and she slides underneath each attack before hopping over the last.

A duck underneath with a twirl between one aimed at her feet before she lands and slides. "Quit it, quit fighting I don't want to hurt you!" Kasumi pleads in attempts to quarrel the conflict.

(1/0/0/0 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 0/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

(0/0/0/0 [CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 10/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Evasion 3

[Kasumi takes no action!]

[Nepent 2 Rolls #134900 {MD: 8-3} Missed Targeting {CD: 9} Kasumi!] 

[Nepent 3 Rolls #134901 {MD: 5-3} Missed Targeting {CD: 8} Kasumi!]

[Nepent 4 Rolls #134902 {MD: 4-3} Missed Targeting {CD: 9} Kasumi!]

Nepent 1: -1/7 HP, Damage 3

Nepent 2: 7/7 HP, Damage 3

Nepent 3: 7/7 HP, Damage 3

Nepent 4: 7/7 HP, Damage 3

Edited by Kasumi

"It's not going to stop, get over it." Gaius remarks in disbelief and a bit of heat at the fact she was trying to defend the creatures trying to slap the crap out of her. "They are programmed to kick our a** so stop whining unless you want me to have to bury you out here!"

Gaius attempts to worm his way around Kasumi while shes body blocking both the creatures from him and vise versa. "Would you just F*** move, this is a waste of time." The nepents skitter around as his Glaive loses its glow and enters cooldown. "You have got to be kidding me, you punch like a 6-foot man with the mentality of a butterfly."

Jumping back and twirling his spear into another drawing up and waiting for his attack delay to wear off having his opportunity spent and lost due to his party member's interests in the enemy's wellbeing. 

(1/0/0/0 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 0/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2 [1 EN Gained!] [2 EN Spent!]

#134903 BD: 1+2, Miss!

[Deceased]

Edited by Gaius

Kasumi sees Gaius trying to get an opening is determined to end the scuffle amicably without the need for violence, Kasumi moves up to keep herself positioned between both Gaius and the collective of the Nepent's behind her. "I won't let you hurt them, we came to their forest. Their home and you killed one of them no wonder they are upset!"

Kasumi spreads her arms as long as they can go "Just back away and leave them be!"

Narrowly avoiding one strike with grace, A tendril from the next in chain wraps around her ankle while airborne and slams her face-first into the dirt. Kasumi coughs a bit of sand from her mouth and looks up to Gaius getting pelted in a similar fashion as a few cords of nature fire off bullets piercing near his shoulder.

"Quit it, just stop or I'll make you!" Kasumi says screaming at the Nepent's after noticing Gaius's HP reduce a good margin.

[Kasumi takes no action!]

[Nepent 2 Rolled #134905 {MD: 2-3} Missed Targeting {CD: 12} Kasumi!]

[Nepent 3 Rolled #134906 {MD: 7-3} Missed Targeting {CD: 12} Kasumi who takes 0 Damage!]

[Nepent 4 Rolled #134907 {MD: 5} Missed Targeting Gaius who takes 0 Damage!]

[Deceased]

Edited by Kasumi

"Just kick the crap out of them would you..." Gaius stated while peering at his HP bar noticing the damage he had taken "This isn't the time to play hug it out, they can and will end you and I won't die for your sentiments, so get with the program!" Gaius shouted to her as she started to find that out on her own.

"Bout damn time you stopped getting in my way." As the sweeping whirling sound started to permeate the air with a glow beginning to start on the outer ring. Gaius stopped it dead and lunged with ferocity forward as the assist system drug him through an arcing blow, a wide swing the nepent narrowly catches and uses its appendages to push off the ground underneath it and slide backward to avoid.

Gaius twirls the glaive back and docks it downward with a spit "Bring it on."

(1/0/0/0 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 0/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2 [1 EN Recovered!] [2 EN Spent!]

#134908 {BD: 3+2=5 Miss!}

[Deceased]

Edited by Gaius

The nepent propels itself backward as Gaius swings at it while the other two surround her. Tendrils fire off in her direction and she ducks underneath them and feels a fire churning in her belly as it seems her words aren't reaching them. Fists and feet glow pink as the assist system activates and she yells "Stop!"

Kasumi seems to vanish with a few blossom petals before blows appear with trailing lines of pink. An overhead axe kick to one as its HP pool plummets and it bursts, while another moves to her side and she twirls and drops a roundhouse causing it to dislodge from the earth and shatter into small fractals. A pair of tendrils fire off to her and she grabs them "Please... stop this..." the vines retract and drag her into a flying side kick into the creature with a *pop*.

Fueled with a feeling of regret and remorse Kasumi drops to her butt on the cold earth in the forest.

(0/1/1/1 [CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 2/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Evasion 3 [8 EN Spent!] [Activates Sword Art: Agressive Twins!]

#134909 {BD: 4+3=7 Hit!}

#134910 {BD: 3+3=6 Hit!}

#134911 {BD: 5+3=8 Hit!}

[Deceased]

Nepent 2: -5/7 HP, Damage 3 [6*2=12 Damage Taken from Twin!]

Nepent 3: -5/7 HP, Damage 3 [6*2=12 Damage Taken from Twin!]

Nepent 4: -5/7 HP, Damage 3 [6*2=12 Damage Taken from Twin!]

Edited by Kasumi

"The Hell... Was that!?" Gaius was blown away as something seemed to break within Kasumi, and she tore all 3 of them to shreds leaving Gaius standing idol with just his intentions left to view.

Kasumi lay in the dirt Gaius not sure if it from just exhaustion from the display or what. Taking a few strides to her, looming over her as she sat in the dirt he knelt down and dropped some words of comfort.

"Damn, you did good... That was some display."

Feeling a bit tapped himself Gaius dropped to his rear next to her, leaning his torso back a bit with an exhale

"Ahh, time for a breather. Looks like this isn't over maybe we need to gank more."

Gaius was going to pretend to need the rest, but he was just trying his best at being thoughtful giving her some time to catch her breathe 

(1/0/0/0 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 1/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2 [1 EN Regained!]

(0/1/1/1 [CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 2/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Evasion 3

[Deceased]

[Deceased]

[Deceased]

[Deceased]

Edited by Gaius

"That was me losing control, letting the wave overtake the shore. Total destruction of lives that could and should have been spared but I'm simply not strong enough to do so! It's not 'good' I'm a monster that slays and consumes in cold blood."

Kasumi's face jumps in Gaius's direction with welling tears being forced from her ducts with an overwhelming feeling of guilt and failure bubbling them out.

"Again I have digressed to the brutish ways of my kin, I have failed the one teacher I hold dearest once again...using my fists for harm instead of protection, self-defense is how it should be!"

A quick snap of her head away as her shoulders climb with her hands embracing her elbows in a crossed set.

"I hate this game, like wolves tearing into lambs. The difference being that the roles reverse at the drop of a hat. Today I'm a wolf, what will I be tomorrow?"

([CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 1/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

([CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 3/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Evasion 3

"If that's your logic, I'd rather be a wolf then a lamb." Gaius chuckles with a hand to his chest "But this is just that a game, attempting to spare these creatures is saving no one but putting yourself in danger unnecessarily, and most of all those your traveling with. If you want to protect someone, protect the damn real-life people your fighting with and not figments of a computer."

A quick roll back and a vault back onto his feet, a firing arm toward Kasumi's face "Let's just finish this then you can focus on figuring this nonsense out, one more try then we can quit." with an extended hand to give her a leg up

Gaius hoped this would get her to fight, help him finish this quest without constant interruption and maybe just maybe would help her understand that its an 'us or them' scenario and you want to be the victor.

([CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 2/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

([CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 3/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Evasion 3

Edited by Gaius

"Fine I've already broken my decree, I might as well just finish this quest and wash my hands of it."

Kasumi grabbed his and drug herself aloft, back to her heels. Pulling a small orange strand of ribbon out of her pockets she tied it around her hand...

Swapped W./ Red Gii with Orange Ribbon:

-3 Evasion/+3 Loot Dice

"No more running then, let us end this so I can go home and wash the blood from my hands." Kasumi looked Gaius after completing the knot around her right palm, a subtle nod as she attended to the filth stuck to her rear.

A screech in the distance, an aggressive tear of dislodging soil as a brightly painted version of the hostiles they had erased uproots itself from underneath the ground. Turning toward them with a wide stretched maw, a tongue rolling across the teeth and upon the lips in a twisted fashion with a shriek at them.

A quick shift of her feet, waving her hands around her torso for a moment before they find rest "Fine then, come"

([CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 2/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

([CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100, 4/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Loot Dice 3