[F22 - PP] Gala of Intertwined Fate <<Mina & Morgenstern>>

Violet adjusted her dress as she walked towards the entrance of the event area, an impassive look on her face. The whole thing seemed to be some kind

d1363d005039f90cc7bbe0931f20c420.jpg

of social event with an auction at the end of it. Her first thoughts were to not go, since she wasn't sure if she could bully Jon into meeting her there, which would have been a completely different beast. Her gothic dress, decorated with black and red roses, didn't entirely match up with the more vibrant and lighter-colored dresses and outfits that she spotted on the NPC's milling around the area, but it was nevertheless a beautiful one. Even akame had her own accessories, a small cluster of sapphire blue and white roses pinned to the tips of each of her tail feathers, a golden circlet on her head.

She finally reached the main entrance, looking around at the various people, NPC and Player alike, as they milled around the area. She caught sight of

the Event NPC, who seemed to be rather busy talking with the occasional Player, and discussing something with several NPC's. She didn't bother to eventry and approach the quest NPC, knowing that she probably wouldn't be able to go anywhere near her anytime soon. Instead, she walked forward towards the crowd of players, taking wary note of the orange player that was with them, watching the ginger-haired woman carefully.

Violet realized with a start that she really didn't know anyone here, which elicited a faint groan from herself as she pulled open her menu, flicking through it until she found Jon's contact information, and pressing the <<message button>>, a frustrated look crossing her face. Half of her friend's list didn't even contact her anymore, and some of them were crossed off of it, which caused a pang of sadness to hit her heart, which she quickly crushed before she ended up crying, locking them behind her usual "Laugh it off" routine. She sent off the message, before walking over to the crowd of people, hoping to strike up a conversation with someone.

TO: Morgenstern

Hey, are you gonna show up at the Valentine's event? I'm kind of here by myself, and I don't... really know anyone here..;

Half of them I've only met in passing, and the rest I've only read about in the Aincrad Newspapers...

Floor 19 was having a gorgeous day, even in the boss room. After the boss had been defeated, the once rocky area had slowly grown into a nice grassland where the sun radiated its brilliance. Near the center was a large rock in the shape of a head. The skull of Tanos The Unshakable. Time had hardly any wear on the fallen boss's head and it sat as a reminder for all who fought that day. Perched on the top of this monument sat a boy, sweat glistening in his hair, his bright blue eyes cast upon the horizon, looking forward to the blank canvas of a future that he was destined to write. Recently, he had stopped hiding in the shadow of his own guilt and now faced it head on. He sought to atone for what he did by living every day as if it was another mission to protect others from what he had experienced. He had those who helped him out of his shadow, Hikoru... Baldur... Bahr... Violet. Now it was his job to help a person out of their shadow, but who? How?  

A ping awoke the boy from his subconsciousness, and he blinked to ensure that he was awake. Raising his hand, he would swipe down, the familiar menu revealing itself to him. Clicking on his messages menu, he found that he had received one from Violet.  He opened up and read the message, his eyes widening as he moved further alone. 'Is it seriously Valentines day? I haven't even got anything!' He scrolled back on his menu to find it was only the twelfth. 'I don't get it. It's... early' While he wasn't the most observant when it came to event comings, he hadn't heard of a Valentines day event, especially two days early. 'This isn't some ploy to get me to go somewhere is it?'  

He stood, gracefully hopping off the skull, the ground crunching underneath his feet where he landed. The event would be held twenty-second floor and oddly close to his own house. "Better not show up like this to an event." Within a matter of thirty minutes he had raced home, showered, and changed into some nicer clothes. White pants and a black collared shirt. Grabbing an orange tie, he would move up to the mirror as he attempted to put it on. After several minutes of failure, he had only managed to get the tie stuck in a knot, unable to be tightened. Exhaling to blow of steam, he exited his house and made his way to the base of the Sapphire Falls. 

Yamanbagiri.pngWalking up to the event, his eyes scanned the surroundings in detail. The scenery was beautiful he had to admit with several players gathered around already enjoying the festivities... or patiently waiting to see if there would be a boss or raffle. He walked up silently, ignoring the faces of Macradon and Bahr who seemed caught up in their own endeavors and kept up his search for the one who had invited him here. He slowly walked forward, his eyes now having set upon the most beautiful girl in the surrounding area, a rose of blackest night. She stood outside a group of people, seeming to be attempting to strike some conversation with at least one of them. On his face, a smile grew and each of his cheeks were touched red. His hand touched her shoulder tentatively as he made himself known. "Mina" he said, almost in a whisper. He didn't understand why, but a nervous feeling had randomly arisen in his own chest. He doubted it was because of Mina, he had spent a lot of time with her and wasn't nervous around her. However, suddenly he felt almost embarrassed. His own confidence shattered. Maybe it was being back in public after so long of being away. 'Maybe it was guilt for being the one standing next to the Black Rose. Who was he to grace the gentle flower? Was it his intention to have it wither?' He would attempt to push away these feelings, he didn't want them. He wanted to have fun... and for her to be happy. 

Violet was still looking around, her eyes slowly growing more worried as she waited on Jon. Akame nibbled on her hair, trying to get her to calm down at least a little. Sadly, it wasn't working too well, and violet was still unnerved, leading to her moving over to a side table so that she could grab a cookie that she could nibble on to ease her nerves a bit more. She was a bit wary of the drinks, though she did thankfully spot a bottle of strawberry wine, quickly cracking the seal on the bottle in order to pour herself a drink. She took the wine glass that she'd poured and downed the drink in one go, pouring herself a brand new one almost immediately after. It at least tasted good, which was a surprise. most wines made by the NPC's tended to be rather bland or even bitter, unless they happened to grant a stat boost of some kind. She opened her inventory, and pulled out a piece of Taiyaki, passing it to akame, who immediately started to chow down on the meal, chirping happily. Violet giggled a bit at her familiar, before moving away from the refreshment table.

A few minutes later, she finally saw Jon arrive, her eyes widening slightly at how well he'd managed to clean up. He looked rather handsome in that outfit, it suited him well! Her eyes twinkled as he approached her, seemingly speechless at her appearance, eliciting a giggle from herself. "Ne, Jon~ you look like you've never seen a lady all dressed up before~!" she giggled, sipping on the wineglass in her hand. "I was starting to get a little lonely waiting on you~ What do you think of my dress?"

As he approached, a light pink would touch his cheeks. Everything to him seemed out of place. He hadn't attended something like this since the year they arrived in Aincrad, where he went to the dance with Rin. When he seen Violet, normally she was wearing casual attire in which she was comfortable. Seeing her like this just... hard to comprehend. Every second that his eyes donned on her was just another that his mind couldn't even begin to compute. It almost made him feel bad because there was was, average as hell and couldn't even manage to equip the tie correctly.

He approached the girl, noticing the wineglass within her hand. It worried him that maybe she was an alcoholic back in the real world. Wasn't she a little young for drinking though? Even back in the real world, he still wouldn't be of age to drink. His attention was recaptured when she spoke and his eyes met her. The smile on her face and the twinkle in her eyes made his face blush even deeper. "umm the dress? T-the dress is nice!" he stammered out, his embarrassment apparent through his face. Internally, he screamed at himself, 'What are you literally doing? I am already dating her, why am I embarrassed?' He didn't know what to say, he didn't know what to do! He scratched the back of his head, while he thought of something. His eyes came to the group of players that were being rather mischievous. He really hoped the NPC host wouldn't see that, she would be more than pissed.  "Hey, I know its an event and all, but do you perhaps want to get a bit farther from the crowd? I am not sure we wanna be near what is ever going on over there. I think if we go farther up that path there, we could find some sort of nice scenery" His hand shifted to point up at the trail that moved up towards the top of Sapphire Falls. With the moon being full, he expected to be quite pretty at this time. He held out his other hand of Mina to hold as he awaited her answer. He really hoped she hand't planned on meeting a bunch of people and wished to stay down in the tent. 

Violet smiled faintly, her eyes twinkling with amusement. His reaction was rather sweet, something that she'd usually expect from a flustered child. Akame climbed onto her head, watching Jon with a curious look on her face. "Kyaaoooo!" Violet reached a hand up, scratching Akame behind her ears, earning a happy chirp from the small dragon. "The fact that you're getting so flustered is really adorable, ne~" Giggled Violet, her smile widening into a Cheshire grin. Jon's innocent actions and speech were rather endearing, and the fact that he was getting embarrassed over something so simple was amusing to her in general. With that in mind, it was really no small wonder that she'd begun to fall for him. "And, no, I don't mind going off to somewhere else, I'd much rather avoid the mess that happens to be occurring over at that table right now... uh..?" She sweatdropped at the sight of Macradon and an unfamiliar orange-haired woman start to raid the various strawberry-related dishes and treats, shoving them into their inventories. Apparently it was just a raiding of the poor NPC's strawberry desserts..? It was both hilarious, and not at the same time."... what the F--k? What are they even... actually, scratch that, I don't even wanna know what's going on over there." She shook it off, before looking down the path that Jon had suggested, her eyes twinkling. "I would actually love to~ it's always beautiful at night, and the waterfall is especially gorgeous!" Violet extended her hand to Jon, an expectant look on her face. "C'mon! no time to waste!"

"The fact that you're getting so flustered is really adorable, ne~" The blonde turned away out of embarrassment, trying to conceal his face. "Hush" he would tell her. He wasn't the smoothest of individuals and had never been very good with girls in general. He liked to blame his upbringing that had been secluded from most people, and he had only his childhood friend, Akasu to hang around with. Akasu himself was actually gynophobic, and was definitely not cool with women their age. The transition into Aincrad had been difficult, but with the help of people like Itzal it had gone much better than it would have without them. She agreed to go with him, to escape the dangers of the event. "I really don't want to ask whats going on over there. Wasn't this a formal event?" As she held out her hand to him, he would take it and steer the girl up the hill out into the more secluded regions of the event. It was hard to not feel like a kidnapper at this stage. 

Upon bringing her up into a clearing, his eyes would scan the area. They were right next to the waterfall, the water glistening from the light produced by various fireflies that moved from space to space. It was... too perfect. He turned back to the woman at his side with a smile. "So, I have been wondering for some time. We haven't actually talked about us in general. I don't know much about you other than your name. And I don't think you know much about me." The feeling had been nagging at him for some time. He was with someone... he didn't even know the story to. Who was she, how old is she, where did she come from? And the important one... Did she plan on having him in the real world? Or was there someone on the other side already waiting on her?

Violet looked at jon with a confused look on her face when he mentioned that he knew next to nothing about her. She closed her eyes as she pondered what she could tell him. Certainly nothing depressing from her past, and likely not anything that he hadn't already heard... when and Idea popped up into her head. She started fishing around inside of her inventory, looking through it for something that she kept on her since she'd seen it in that store. A few moments later she found it, before looking up, smiling faintly at Jon. "Maa... they say music is the quickest way to speak to one's heart, right? Then.. how about I play you a song?"

Image result for inori yuzuriha black dress

She said softly, before pressing the button in her menu to materialize the object she had searched for... An elegantly crafted oak violin, stained a deep chestnut brown. The bow was a cream white in color, and both had gold and black detailing.making it an extension of herself. She put her all into playing the song, dancing around in the beautiful myriad of lights surrounding them.She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she began to play. Slowly moving her body to match, before eventually throwing herself into the melody. it had been so long since she'd played for another person, let alone someone that she deeply cared for. She felt herself slip into that place where she always did when playing a song, where she became one with her instrument, one with the melody. She was a part of it now, the feeling warming her, dispelling the chilling cold that she usually felt. It made her feel so... free. Eventually, she slowed down her playing speed, eventually stopping. She felt something wet on her face, and rubbed it away, realizing with a faint jolt that she had started to cry! She wiped them away, putting her violin away almost immediately after, a weak smile on her face. "... Maybe I should actually speak, too, now that I think about it... heh.." she said softly, glancing over at Jon, blushing faintly.

the played song
Memories (Violin ver.)

"Maa... they say music is the quickest way to speak to one's heart, right? Then.. how about I play you a song?"

With a confused glance, he would watch as she retrieved a violin from her inventory. "Thats not-" The sound of music drowned out the sound of his own words. After a few seconds, his face of confusion dissipated as he let the sound of music soothe him. He had no idea she was practiced in violin. He himself knew how to play the piano, but he tried to only do it for special occasions. He had played it only once in his time in Aincrad and that was at Itzal's wedding. His mind dwelled on the words that she spoke, their meaning was a strange one. He had not heard such a saying before and he had the opposite take on playing music. When he played the Piano it simply was because he could do it. Playing the piano was something he did because his father wanted him to learn the skill. Music was not something he used to convey his feelings. 

He noticed a tear streaming down Violet's face and his eyes became tinted with worry. 'Is she okay? Is this bringing up unwanted memories? She is smiling but....' Her song finished and Mina reentered the realm of Virtual Reality. "That was nice. You're a talented violinist" was all he had to say to her display of music. Music had a different meaning to him that it was to her. Her music only would prove to him that playing was something she could enjoy. 

"... Maybe I should actually speak, too, now that I think about it... heh.." 

Jonathan chuckled and shook his head. "Your playing is nice, but it isn't exactly what I was thinking." He would step forward until he stood directly face to face with Mina. He took his index finger tracing his finger from her cheek to her shoulder which he would clasp. "While it may come to no surprise. My name is Jonathan Morgenstern. I think I am twenty-years old as of now and I am from the countryside of Connecticut. In the real world, I was homeschooled so that one day I could take over my father's business which i've come to terms with. In the real world, I only had one friend and the only women I had contact with worked for my father." He pointed out this detail simply to assure her that there was no other women in his life. 

He took a step back, his hand sliding off of Violet's shoulder. "I mean things like that you know?" A smile would play on his lips as he looked at her. 'I am going to find out more about who she is. I can't keep living in the dark' 

Violet let out an embarrassed chuckle, blushing as Jon chided her after complimenting her skill, saying that wasn't exactly what he'd meant. "I suppose you're right about that... sorry..!" she said sheepishly, scratching her head. "I didn't think that through, did I..? I think I just wanted to play for you, honestly... I speak better through my actions than through my words, it's always been the way I've done things." he moved closer, placing his hand on her face before he began to speak. she fell silent as she listened to Jon describe his life prior to SAO, a faint smile playing around her lips when he mentioned his age. "Ne... Rosa was right on the money about you being a minor, then?" She said, laughing faintly. "It explains why you've always given me weird looks when you see me drinking alot, that's for sure~" Violet tilted her head slightly when she heard that he was the son of a businessman in the real world, and was basically a loner that had very few friends aside from those that worked for his father. "... That sounds rather... lonely, does it not..?" She murmured, looking off to the side with her eyes dulling slightly with sadness. "... I never quite understood why parents would basically isolate their children from everyone else... it hurts them in a way that society never could in a million years."

When Jon finished, and stepped back a bit from her, she tilted her head to the side, thinking of what she could tell him. "maa... my given Name is Violet Minatsuki Hitsue, and I believe that I am currently 27 years of age. I was born on the fourth of april, in Hokkaido, Japan, to a Doctor and a Police officer. I have an older brother who I've not spoken to in several years now, as well as a younger sister that I never really got to know, since I'd already gone off to college by the time she was even born.." She closed her eyes, before looking down at the ground, a faint smile on her face. "I have a love for Rock music, and I practiced Kendo in the real world, almost reaching my 7th Dan before coming to this world. I love sweets, and I can actually cook in the real world. I love to dance, and I used to incorporate fighting into dance routines while fighting in tournaments. I love caring for animals, and I would help my mother make homemade remedies for her clinic back home. It was just a simple life that I lived, back then." She moved closer to Jon, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Does that answer your question, love..?"

It seems that he had embarrassed Mina. Perhaps he had taken what he said a bit far. She just had wanted to play for him and he had gone and made her feel bad. He rubbed the back of her head as she stated that she was better at speaking through actions instead of words. The simple idea baffled him. She just stated something he had been trying to learn from Baldur. Speaking through actions, speaking through his weapon. Now, here Mina was simply living the concept. "I'm not too good at doing that. I'm not sure if my actions speak, but I doubt they are as loud as any word I can say." He stated plainly. He would sit down on the ground, his left hand sitting to drift in the waterfall that he sat beside. 

As he mentioned his life growing up, Mina seemed rather discontent with it. "... That sounds rather... lonely, does it not..? I never quite understood why parents would basically isolate their children from everyone else... it hurts them in a way that society never could in a million years."

He sat back casually, his eyes casting over the event taking place below. He couldn't manage to see any players, but the view was absolutely lovely. "Hmm? Lonely? Maybe a few times but my studies kept me pretty occupied and the free time I did have I spent with my friend. My father has a vision for the business and wanted to shape my friend and I into the men that would contribute to the dream the most. I specialized in the business field while my friend took on the other end of the learning. The side that would develop the product further." 

He thought back to the time where he learned. His father dedicated his life to the business and even was willing to dedicate his child's life to it. It was important to him. So important, that Jonathan had always bet on the idea that his mother had left his father over something involving the business. Something he wasn't willing to give up for a family. He didn't remember his mother... he was far too young when she left. 

"It took a bit of time here, but even I adapted to the outside world. When you look at me, is all you see someone who is damaged beyond repair?" He stood up, directing his attention towards her. He was not going to stand for her to look at him like some incomplete, damaged product. 

As she began to speak of her past, he paid attention to every detail, especially the part about her age. Hearing her age was a bit discomforting. She was a total of seven years older than he. To her, he was a mere child. "So thats what you meant about calling me a minor. You're just... quite a few years older than me." His eyes widened. 'Wait. Does she have someone waiting back in the real world for her? She might already have a family or something like that!' He tried to shake away the nagging feeling but it remained in the back of his head. He listened to the things that she could do and the things she enjoyed. He had to admit that he didn't know how to cook. Perhaps his father expected him to have servants as well so it was a skill wasted on him. 

As she finished, Mina would approach wrapping her arms around him and holding him to close. He smiled down on her, her eyes that set upon him brought him joy. "I suppose that answers my question. I am sorry... I kept having this nagging feeling that our relationship was only practical in the virtual world. I wanted a real-world tie to you." His hands reached down, both of them reaching underneath her rear end. As he actually touched her bottom his face would redden but he would continue what he was doing. He lifted the girl up, forcing her legs to part to either side of them and their faces would meet. As their noses touched, Jonathan would grant her a warm smile and a whisper. 

"I love you, Violet"

Violet shook her head when jon mentioned how his father essentially decided his life for him, something that was a new concept to her. Her parents had been eager to see her go into a career of her own choosing. Her brother had gone into the medical field, while her sister had been looking into programming if she recalled properly. none of them had been forced into doing an active career of her parents choosing. they'd been given the option of choosing what they wanted to do... which seemed to be something Jon had been unable to do. "A parent should never, ever, decide what their child will do in life." she said softly, looking to the side. "That doesn't sound like a family that shows love, more like a parent that desired an Heir, someone that wouldn't care if their child desired something else in their life." She closed her eyes, shaking her head. It wasn't her place to say whether or not a parent loved their child, but to her, it just sounded like an awful thing to do to a kid.

She deadpanned when he asked whether or not she saw someone damaged beyond repair. "I see someone who chose to use their last name as a username, and ended up just telling people to call them by their first name instead." she said, shaking her head. "That alone just reeks of dislike, or at least that you have an issue with your last name. that, and the way you phrased that indicated a really, really formal relationship with your father... though I would hope that's just conjecture on my part, right?" a faint smile crossed her face. "Aside from that, emotional issues are far from easy to gauge, I mean, would you have ever found out I'm royally 'effed in the head without me or Rosa sayin' somthin about it?" Violet winced when Jon brought up the fact that she was calling him a minor. "S-sorry, jon... I didn't mean it like that.." she said sheepishly, an apologetic look on her face. "You're actually pretty mature for your age, y'know? In fact... it seems like that applies to everyone in this world, actually.. It's rather startling to see so many young teens, preteens, and young adults get caught in this, and see them get forced to act like adults... and kinda sad, actually...

When Jon brought up the question of practicality, she felt a twinge of pain in her chest, 'How could I fake something like this..? to pretend it as a mere practicality?!' she was about to open her mouth to speak, to refute what he said, when he pulled her closer, forcing her legs around his, and clasping his hands around her rear. A crimson blush spread across her face, and she let out a faint gasp, her eyes widening as he whispered... "I love you, Violet" she felt her heart thrumming in her chest, loud enough that she swore it could have been a real thing in this world. She leaned the rest of the way forward, pressing her lips to his for a long moment, before she pulled back a bit. a faint sheen of tears were welling up in her eyes, and a smile crossed her face as she raised a hand to Jon's cheek. 

"Love you too, Jonathan..!"

"A parent should never, ever, decide what their child will do in life. That doesn't sound like a family that shows love, more like a parent that desired an Heir, someone that wouldn't care if their child wanted something else in their life." 

Mina's words cut deep into him. She just unraveled his entire childhood. He wasn't exactly sure what to say. "I was my father's only child and he didn't want to see what he built go to waste, dusting out as his ambitions rusted from time. You're right though, my family isn't one that shows much love. Love didn't mean much to him, just another flaw in one's heart. My mother was supposedly special to him though." Mina closed her eyes, shutting down the conversation to further debate. His childhood was already finished, nothing could be done. His intention was to take his father's business and make it his own. Perhaps then he would crush it in front of his father's eyes and then bring the man at his mercy. That was a considerable option. 

He listened to Violet's words and shook his head softly.  "I think even I would have noticed something as ignorant as I am. As for my username... heh heh.... Funny story. This was the first online game that I played and didn't know what to put on the screen. I thought that was just what everybody else did too". He gave off a childish grin as he bathed in his own idiocy. Sometimes he questioned about a younger Jonathan's actions. Had Akkasu known about that.... He shook his head. Akkasu was stupidly intelligent with computers. 

Mina began on about his maturity, no doubt an attempt to cover up their age difference and the fact that she was with someone seven years younger than her. "Hmmm, mature? I guess so. What I didn't already have there, was forced on me here. Nothing is going to make you grow up faster than watching everything you had vanish, everything you aquired destroyed, and everything you loved stolen." His words were getting dark as he recalled his time within Aincrad so his voice would drift off. He really didn't want to get into any of it. 

As their noses touched, he noticed how flustered she was, the shallowness of her breath. She had gasped, a sound that turned him bright as a beet. He had slept in the same bed as her but he didn't believe he had come this close other than for a quick kiss. Violet leaned forward, their lips brushing for a moment before a kiss was born, lasting several seconds. As she pulled back, her eyes were glistening with tears of joy. 

pitter...patter  sang his heart as it began to increase in speed. Her hand brushed his cheek, holding it there for a short moment before her voice whispered back, "Love you too, Jonathan..!

pitter patter! pitter patter! his heartbeat began to become very rapid, a bead of sweat running down the side of his face.  His eyes locked onto hers. They were gorgeous in the light of the moo, especially when it reflected off the water. The glistening of her eyes, the smile on her face.... Something about it... was far too overwhelming for him. The kiss... the area.... His face flushed, and his breathing began to come heavy. Quickly, he set Violet down and turned to kneel by the water. 

"Something.... Something seriously doesn't feel right." he said in a hushed voice. He wasn't sure. It almost felt like he was sick. Had something he'd eaten affected him in game? That was actually impossible. He couldn't get Mina off the top of his mind, her smile looking down on him. Whatever it was that he was feeling, he hadn't felt it before. He seemed to be overheating somehow. Had the heat of the floor drastically increased? Everything was off. His face turned to Mina, an apologetic smile resting on his face. "Ummm... im sorry. I don't think i'm feeling well.... I don't think you can throw up in this world can you? Everything's just... really hot"

'I don't like this feeling' he thought glumly amongst it all. 

Violet felt her smile falter, before it faded to a look of pain as Jon actually confirmed her conjecture, instead of denying it like she'd thought. It had probably been just a useless wish to even hope that would even really be a thing, a painful realization that she had come to all too late. She closed her eyes, exhaling softly as he talked about how there was hardly any love in his relationship with his own father, who deemed it a flaw. How cruel of a person would you have to be to deny your own child, your own flesh and blood child, such an essential necessity. Love is what leads to healthy lives growing up, and was something essential to help children grow up into functioning adults. This was something she'd only really ever read about in textbooks when it came to american culture, something she'd thought was rare... 

And yet, here she was, looking at one of the many cases of that kind of problem. A very minimalistic case of emotional abuse.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by Jon mentioning that he'd only put his last name as his username because he'd thought it was something that everyone did, causing her to let out a burst of startled laughter. ".. you... you thought that everyone put their name as their username..?" she gasped, an incredulous look on her face. "Damn, Jon! didja even play video games in any capacity before you came into this deathtrap of a world?! that- That's literally the last thing you do!" She felt like laughing at him, but it was a pretty easy to make mistake. still, it was one that was sadly incorrectable in this world, so he was stuck with that username for the foreseeable future.

on the topic of maturity, though, Violet winced when Jon brought up that anyone would grow up a hell of a lot faster than they usually would when faced with a death game like this, where they could die at any time. "Maa... you say that, but there are still kids in here that are probably going to be developmentally stunted by the end of it all..." she murmured, a sad look on her face. "The kids that live at the little sanctuary in the town of beginnings... alot of them were damaged mentally, and are probably going to develop worse problems once we get released from this world... at most, we'd just pick up habits, and have nightmares, or even mild ptsd... but those kids are going to have so many other issues that it isn't even funny..." She fell silent, focusing on the ground.

When Jon pulled away from her, mentioning that something didn't feel quite right, she felt confusion bubble up in her mind. 'Doesn't... feel right..?" She quizzed, a confused look on her face... until she realized what he was probably feeling, and the thought of it made her bust into laughter. "Oh my god I take the maturity bit back, this is F**ing PRICELESS!" she cackled, a cheshire grin on her face. "That look on your face right now is absolutely precious~! I didn't know that you'd be flustered like that, especially since ya grabbed my butt like that earlier. I'm most definitely never letting you live this down, love~!"

(its odd because we are roleplaying two separate times it seems lol. I'm just gonna cut the first part from my roleplaying XD)

He crouched staring at his own reflection as silence seemed to ensue for an ungodly long amount of time. Then, it was interrupted by a laughter made my Mina, pure joy radiating from the trill sound that she made. 

"Oh my god I take the maturity bit back, this is F**ing PRICELESS!"

Jonathan frowned and his blush deepened even more from sheer embarrassment. He didn't particularly like being laughed at"That look on your face right now is absolutely precious~! I didn't know that you'd be flustered like that, especially since ya grabbed my butt like that earlier. I'm most definitely never letting you live this down, love~!"

The joy coming off her was definitely obvious which just seemed to make him even more embarrassed. "Hey! I was just trying to pick you up and be romantic! Its what they do in some of the movies I have watched back in the real world!" His voice cracked here and there with some of his sentences. All of this was rather difficult for him. His entire life was mostly spent doing studying underneath his father, there wasn't any time or really reason for him to engage in any of the other thoughts that had crept up when he came of age. While he may have been knowledgeable, his experience with even dating was an absolute zero. 

"It isn't my fault that i'm not 27 and know all there is to life and emotions and crap!" the words came with difficulty, and he frantically searched for some way to get a grasp on the conversation at hand. She was in complete control, leaving him at the mercy of her whim. If there wasn't a way to end her slaughter of embarrassment, then he would have to bring the game to a clean slate.  He stood up and turned to her. A grin stamped itself onto his face as an idea flashed over his mind. 'She is going to hate me for this... it was a nice dress' He used his <<Charge>> skill to burst forward towards her, moving over to her within almost a fraction of a second. He swooped her up, cradle style and then quickly ran towards the edge of the waterfall. "You know... People that are hot really just need to cool off." A laugh emitted from his throat as he stepped off the edge, falling several meters before plunging into the cool depths of water that surrounded the player event. 

Violet continued giggling madly at Jon's reaction, thinking back to her interactions with some of the other guys she'd met in game. Itzal was less oblivious, but he was also older than Jon. Vigilon was also deeply in love with another person, while Domarus was always so lost in his mistakes that he'd failed to even think about that so far. all of the other guys she'd met were either already deeply in love with their significant other, or they were well past their teen years. Jon, however... was such a breath of fresh air..! He breathed life into that stagnant way of life she'd started to lead. Bringing her flowers, cuddling with her when she'd had a nightmare, helping to save her friend. Her heart was finally starting to march on, and breathe life into her veins. It very nearly made her giddy with excitement. She could feel the seeping cold that once pervaded every aspect of her life begin to crack, breaking ever so slowly, thawing away from the frosty winter that it once was. It was being brought into warm sunshine, brought on by Jon.

'My... precious sunshine..'

Violet watched as Jon stood up, still giggling at his face, taking note of the smile. "Maa, jon... are you finally getting over your-" Violet was abruptly cut off from what she was trying to say when Jon swept her off of her feet, having blinked forward with the use of his charge skill. Her eyes widened with his next few words. "You know... People that are hot really just need to cool off." she looked down to see that they were right over the cliff edge, before an accepting smile hit her face. It brought back happy memories from things she'd done in the real world. They plummeted down into the water, violet sinking down significantly faster due to the weight of her dress while in the water. She opened her eyes under the water to see the sparkling glow of the gems in the pool of water. The rumors of the scenery hardly compared to seeing it in person, to be quite honest... it was mesmerizing..! 

• 2 weeks later...

The two plummeted through the air, wind licking through his hair as he dropped towards the water below. As they fell into the water, a cold surrounded his body as they fell several meters under the surface. He opened his eyes, the moonlight reflecting off of various bubbles that floated about them. His eyes casted down to Mina who had continued to drop further down to the bottom. He swam downward slowly, watching as her hair floated around her in a serene sense that threatened to take the rest of the breath that he had taken before dropping into the water. He pushed out the rest of the air in his lungs, preventing himself from floating back up. He outstretched his arm to reach for Mina's hand as his feet touched the bottom of the water, stepping weightlessly on the rocks that gleamed like gems underneath the moonlight. They were about ten feet underneath the surface of the water, the silence of the water leaving only the music that payed from within their hearts. 

• 3 weeks later...

Violet danced alongside Jon, her eyes still glittering with delight. The dark water made the gems and glowing stones stand out much more than they typically would, highlighting the water and their bodies in a glittering pattern that was reminiscent of starlight. shades of pale pink, baby blue, and golden yellow seemed to filter through the crystal clear depths. the rush of water inside of her ears was quite relaxing, and reminded her of time's she'd gone cliff diving in the real world. It was a hobby she'd picked up once more in the game, and despite the limits on the sensory input, it still managed to of an extremely high quality. Even the sensation of sinking within the water was... oh... Violet gently tapped Jon on his shoulder, before gesturing in the vague direction of his health bar. Her own health had sunken to nearly halfway, the downside of holding your head underwater for too long in the game. She crouched on the lake bed, before launching herself upwards, her head easily breaking the surface as she took a relieved breath. 

The moment was almost too gorgeous to live in. It was a dream and he almost pinched himself to wake up. Had he forgotten? He was in a world of death where those around him perished left and right. Bloodshed, depression, betrayal, and darkness were all right around the corner. With her though... with Mina he almost could ignore it. Forget it. It was a break to the constant pain he had been through. Losing his friends, trying to take all of the weight of 'The Fall' onto his own shoulders. It was a weight unbearable. For now... now he felt weightless....

A tap on his shoulder woke him from his dream as Violet pointed just below his own health bar. He frowned. What was wrong? It had hardly dipped. He still had ov-. It took a second, but he realized she had far less health than he. She couldn't last as long underneath the water as him. His hands grabbed her waist as if they were slow-dancing and he pushed up sending them floating back up to the top of the water. Their heads resurfaced and he began to take in the air. His hair was soaked and his tuxedo was ruined. 

Through unneeded gasps for air, he moved the hair from in front of her face. "Shall we head back home? It's been fun, but the air is really cold. Its a good thing we live right next to here huh?"

• 4 weeks later...

Violet clung gently to morg, leaning her head onto his chest as they floated in the water, opting to stay still in his arms. It was far to peaceful for her to be moving around, and she was more than happy to live in that moment with him. Hell, if she could, she would've frozen them both in time right there. "Mmm... I guess we could go back to your place if you really wanna, I'm just enjoying the feeling of floating in the air." for all the detail placed into this game, they were unable to properly render the sensation of being afloat in water. it was sad in a way, but at least it was entertaining to have the sensation of floating in a void, despite having the feeling of being weighed down by heavy, water-logged clothing. she wrapped her arms around his chest, and nestled her head into the crook of his neck, brushing closer to his ear. "I don't ever want you to doubt how i feel about you again, alright..? One day you'll see me on the frontlines with the rest of you, ready to help take on the whole world right by your side... because i never want to lose someone I care for ever again.A memory flashed in her head of a blonde male with warm amber eyes, and a brilliant smile on his face. "I'll make sure you get to see the real world again, that's a promise."

• 3 weeks later...

The chilly night air settled on them and it sounded as if the celebrations above were coming to an end as the distant voices became too faint for them to hear. Pressure fell onto his body as Violet held him close, laying her head in the small area between his shoulder and chin. 

"I don't ever want you to doubt how i feel about you again, alright..? One day you'll see me on the frontlines with the rest of you, ready to help take on the whole world right by your side... because i never want to lose someone I care for ever again."

Jonathan's heart seemed to almost stop for a moment a those words. 'I don't want her on the frontlines' he thought to himself. 'She is the only thing I have left it seems from the time that everything was a dream. When this world still had joy to give.' 

Perhaps that's why he latched onto her... she was the last thing from that time. The last piece of living memory. Maybe he was wrong for even thinking about how he didn't want her to follow the path she wanted, but he didn't want to lose her too. Lose her like he did everything else. 

He closed his eyes and with a sudden heavy sigh he said, "Okay." This precise moment had died to him. He didn't want to think of her on the frontlines, sacrificing herself for a purpose that he didn't understand. Maybe she felt that way about him on the frontlines. 

'Why do I still fight on the frontlines? I have nothing to escape for... everything is here. I mean, I bet Mina has got a future she wants to get back to. A future that probably won't involve me, but if its whats for the best for her.' 

He reached down and picked her up, less romantically this time. Paddling with his feet, he moved onto the shore and began to walk the sopping wet pair back to his house. Luckily it wasn't a far walk for them.