Spoiler

ID# 139578 results: Loot: 7+7=14

• [1-3] = A <<Mimic>>
  • [4-7] = 1200 Col, 2 materials, 2 uncommon consumables
  • [8-11] = 1800 Col, 3 materials, 2 rare consumables
  • [12-15] = 2400 Col, 5 materials, rare weapon, 2 rare consumables
  • [16-20] = 3600 Col, 8 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables
  • [21-23] = 4800 Col, 10 materials, 2 perfect weapon, perfect consumable
  • [24-25] = 6000 Col, 12 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Eggs: 92
Col: 9,000 [-1,400 for Mari = 7,600]
Materials: 40 [-5 for Mari = 35]
Perfect Weapons: [139268a] [139268b]
Rare Weapons: [
139578a]
Perfect Consumables: [139268c]
Rare Consumables [139518a] [139518b] [
139578b] [139578c]

Shield put a hand on Mari's shoulder and held up one of his golden keys. "I'm full tank, but I'm also part scout with an emphasis on chest looting. I got this." [Discussed OOC] Shield knelt down and held the key to the lock. Once again, the lock popped open, and a display window came into view. "Hmm... well, it's better news than before. Some equipment at the very least, though nothing to write home about. Found you some more consumables." He opened a trade window and sent over the materials he had found, plus some of the Col. "I'm deducting the cost of the key from the contents of the chest, if that's alright. You're nice and all, but finding loot is still a part of my business, and keys don't grow on trees." He gave her a little smile and straightened back up.

"Where were we?" He stepped over to his sitting stalagmite and picked up his pole. "Oh, right, the other person in my life. Her name is Calypso. She started out as just a low level carry, but we ended up going on more and more quests together. Then one day we ended up stumbling into a dungeon that... started playing out the worst moments of our lives like they were a movie screen..." Shield was not particularly fond of the things that happened in that dungeon. It had not been advertised as a quest. It was just forced upon them without warning, and the shock of the experience had broken him for a while. He grit his teeth and his nostrils flared as he took in a deep breath. "In any case, we ended up being just the support that each of us needed to get out of there in one piece. I think she knew how she felt before I admitted it to myself, but... she ended up being one of the few people I could let near me during my isolation."

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mari shrugged when he motioned to open the chest - she didn't mind. She was gonna give him any equipment she found anyway. "Yeh that's fair -I'm not too fussed in all honesty." She watched as he unlocked it and sifted through the items. She took the materials and col that he had given her and placed them away in her inventory. "Thanks."

Mari began to sort through her inventory as Shield talked; mentioning a dungeon that quite frankly scared her. "I've...heard there were things like that in this game..." She whispered. Her eyes had lowered to the ground and she began to pick the dirt off her shoes absently. "I vagually recall a place where I went and it was like an underground graveyard. I saw my daughter and she was screaming at me to die - I'm still not sure if it was a terrible nightmare, or if the vision really happened."

Mari shook her head, clearing it of the negative thoughts - she didn't want to sour their meeting when things had gone so well thus far. "Sorry, thats probably not what anyone needs to hear." Mari tilted her head skyward - well, ceiling ward. She watched as the tiny lights glimmered above. Like makeshift stars. "It sounds nice to have the support to get outta a situation like that. Often times its other people who know our feelings before we can admit or realize them ourselves. It's not a bad thing."

@Shield

ROLL:139579  CD:1 LD:20

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-98 Eggie Weggies
-33 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139581 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 3+8=11 [6 Eggs found]

Eggs: 98
Col: 7,600
Materials: 39
139578a]
139578b] [139578c]

There was a long moment where Shield replayed the end of that dungeon in his mind, the two of them leaning on each other for support, him actually being vulnerable for once. He hated being in that position, having to lean on others, and he had seen that happen more than he'd cared to since this damned game began. However, when it was Calypso, with her golden, catlike eyes and her long sea foam hair, something about leaning on her seemed less upsetting. "Yeah," he concluded, responding to Mari's sentiments. "I suppose there are worse things than leaning on someone like her now and then."

He threw his line out once again, reeling it in slowly as his mind repeated the scene a few more times. Yeah... not so bad...

His line went taut, and Shield pulled back against it, however, as soon as he did so, he was jerked forward in his seat. "Oh, god, not again." He was more prepared this time, sliding back out of his seat and bracing his feet against the bottom of the stalagmite. He straightened his legs, as if standing while bearing the weight of a great load. It gave him an advantage, and he made use of it, hoisting and slacking and hastily reeling the slack until he had yet another trophy fish flopping on the shore.

Edited by Shield

Mari had cast her line back out into the ever moving current of the underground river. "Mmm..." She was vagually aware of his struggles as he tried to pull up another large haul. Her mind was elsewhere. There were far worse things.

"It's good to lean on someone...." She mused softly, gently reeling in her line. "But not when they lie  about that sort of thing." She shook her head, what Alkor had done to her, it was in the past. A part of her wished it didn't, that she never reached out to him nor opened up to him. Never whispered sweet nothings into his ear - when it was all one sided. All a lie. NOthing more than a farce intended to comfort her. "Well..." Mari said as she pocketed the two tiny questionably chocolate eggs. "That makes an even hundred for me." She sighed, "Only another 400 to go..."

Mari felt a weight in the pit of her stomach. "Messaging Baldur may have been a mistake." Mari didn't want to go through that again. She set her rod down and began fiddling with her HUD - feeling like she needed a break.  She checked her messages to see if Baldur had replied yet. "You think I could delete sent messages?" Mari asked as she glanced at Shield.

@Shield

ROLL ID  CD: 7 LD:5
2 eggies 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-100 Eggie Weggies
-35 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139584 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found] Loot: 8+8=16 [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 106
Materials: 41
139578a]
139578b] [139578c]

Shield gave her a look as if to say, 'You go back on that message and I'll message him myself to get him down here.' He turned back to his line and reeled it in, throwing it out for well over the hundredth time since he had sat down with Mari. "Look, I don't think Baldur is even capable of being mean or dishonest," he went on, his voice softening a little. "It's not easy letting someone in after you've been hurt. But we're not meant to do all this alone. If a year of isolation has taught me anything, it's taught me that."

His pole bent slightly forward, and he began to reel, with very little effort compared to the last few he had pulled in. "I guess it's none of my business, but if you like, you can consider it a lesson in discretion. You don't want people meddling, you probably shouldn't wear those emotions on your sleeve like that." He gave a little half laugh, gathering up his catch and storing it away. "And, you know, maybe it wouldn't hurt to see some people in this game find some happiness once in a while, you know?"

Edited by Shield

"Hey!" Mari chided. "Don't give me that bloody look!" She chided. Mari shifted her gaze back over to her HUD, trying to find the option to delete an outgoing message - bu there was none, all she could do was delete anything in her inbox - and she didn't really have anything in there. "I spent...so long in isolation this honestly all feels so surreal." Her hand slowly lowered as she stared at her friend list. The names Macradon - Cordelia- Alkor - Baldur - staring at her. Four people. One who Mari felt like he didn't want her around, and the others... people she could actually call friends.

"I never expected people to, well. Like me. I'm crass, I'm emotional. A few years ago I was very distant and cold. I snapped at everyone and everything." Mari shifted her gaze to the faux starry sky above. "I wouldn't be surprised if someone from my past caught up with me and didn't believe me now. But back then? I had to act that way, the world thought I was a monster - maybe I am. I don't want to go and persue someone just because they actually make me feel at peace and I think they're hot. That's unfair."

She turned her gaze back to Shield. "Sides - I am kinda happy now."

@Shield

ROLL ID :139664  CD: 1 LD1

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-100 Eggie Weggies
-35 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139666 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 11+8=19 [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 114
139578a]
139578b] [139578c]

"Unfair?" Shield scoffed. "How could that be unfair? Is it unfair to ask for food if you're hungry? Is it unfair to ask for help if you're injured or sick?" He threw his line out again and gave Mari a different kind of look, this time one of incredulity. "It would be unfair to demand that he give you his affections. It would be unfair if you sought revenge based on his answer. It's not wrong just to ask for something. Besides," Shield almost succeeded at concealing a smirk, "one of my closest friends is crass and emotional, and Baldur gets along with him famously."

His reel began to whine once again, but as soon as he began to reel, all active resistance stopped. A few moments later, yet another mesh bag filled with eggs and the cheap fake grass used to stuff Easter baskets plopped up out of the water. He walked down to the shore to retrieve it. "You know, I'm starting to wonder if these come as a result of accidentally gutting the fish that once held them." Picking up the bag, he dismissed it, watching it vanish before his eyes to join the numbers that were stacking up in his inventory.

"The point is," he said, resuming his thoughts from before, "that all is indeed fair in love and war. There's nothing wrong with testing the waters." He bent over and wet his fingers, then stood and flicked his fingers towards Mari, sending little droplets into her face. "So lighten up already!"

Edited by Shield

Mari pursed her lips as she picked up her rod again, swinging it around so the tip wobbled between Shields eyes,  "Stop using logic on me, I can't counter that!" She mock threatened with another wobble of the fishing rod.  "I'm not some petty highschooler." Mari said as she swung the fishing rod back and cast the line out in front of her.  "I don't demand anything, most of my doubt stems from my own lack of self worth, I can acknowledge that."

She felt a slight wriggle on the line and began to reel it in. "I'm trying to look at this from...I don't know - I'd say logical perspective?  I've met up with him a few times, mostly doing quests with his student. I get that feeling whenever I see him - but truth be told? We don't know each other well. We haven't known each other very long."

Mari paused as she reached out to fish off the eggs from the end of her line, they were covered in a slimy seaweed. "Gods I feel sorry for the kids who have to eat these things." Mari muttered.

"I get that's the idea of 'dating' you test the waters, see if you're compatible - or if what you're initially feeling has any grounding. But - I unno. Baldur's your friend, right? I don't even know if he's available."

Mari watched as Shield retrieved his 'catch' "Who knows, I just find it kinda amusing to imagine an Easter Bunny or Easter Bilby running around dropping eggs into rivers. Or cramming eggs down a fishs throat. Could you imagine?" She snorted. "Like a giant Easter rabbit just shoving chocolate eggs down a dragons gullet?"

Shield flicked her in the face with water and Mari scrunched up her facial features, "You don't understand!" She said as she picked up a string of slimy seaweed. "I mean have you seen those clavicles!?" SHe threw the weed at Shields head and it made at wet

'Thwack' sound as it hit his cheek.

"Bet you didn't sea that comin''

@Shield

ROLL ID :139670 CD:8  LD:7
2 materials 4 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-104 Eggie Weggies
-37 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139672 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 16+8=24 [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 122
139578a]
139578b] [139578c]

"First of all," Shield began, his tone heavy with judgment and disgust, "What in god's name is a 'bilby?'" he said, his judgment turning into a smirk at the last moment. "Second of all, as far as I know, he is available," Shield said, giving a slight shrug. "The unfortunate thing is, he and I share a brotherly bond, but even before we each dropped off the face of Aincrad, we were so focused on trying to fix things that there was little room for personal matters." His hands mechanically went through the motions of casting and reeling, so much so that on one particular cast, he had managed to snag another bundle of eggs without realizing it until it was already practically ashore.

"It's true that dating is the main time when one will look for compatibility, the attraction phase is something else altogether," Shield said, a little knowing look playing around the edge of his dark eyes and twisted lips. "There are certain features that are considered universally attractive, but much of it... like a preponderance for clavicles... is personal preference which tends to be rooted in things that are familiar. In short, people are attracted to people who remind them of themselves, or... as some theorize... the archetype established by our opposite-sex parent." He peeled the seaweed off of his face and collected his eggs. "Now, if you vould like a couch to lie down on, vee can discuss your father."

Shield normally did not find this much amusement in playfully torturing individuals. However, given the sheer length of his isolation from others, coupled with how easy of a mark Mari was proving to be, he was quite enjoying the sport of it.

Edited by Shield

"A bilby Good sir is a national Icon. A treasure." Mari said with an indignant huff as she crossed her arms across her chest. Complete with a sharp exhale to blow errant strands of ginger from her freckled face. "We had both the Easter Bunny and BIlby- I grew up with the notion that the Easter Bunny was trying to destroy the Bilby... errr... some Government thing trying to get young imimage.png.677cccea8ae090fa38b5581ec2409cfa.pngimpressionable kids to start thinking about native wildlife I guess." 

Mari rose her arms high over her head and stretched. "The days, its both - because its marketable. More mascots, more money."

Mari picked up her fishing rod with a sweeping motion, still standing to get some feeling back in her legs. She shot Shield an affronted look. "Oh please you're just jealous I haven't made comment on yours." Mari wagged the tip of the rod in his face before casting it out to the water.

"Stop fishin for compliments. You're handsome in your own way too. You've got a husband and a partner. You don't need me to pat that there ego of yours." She responded with a slow and amused grin.

He mentioned father figures and Mari shrugged as she reeled her line back in, grabbing the few strangling eggs that dangled on the end of her line.

"Nice try Doktour I don't really remember my father. Was mostly my mum who raised us. I vould like a couch..." Mari said in a huff. "So I could hurl the cushions at your face."

@Shield

ROLL ID :139724  CD: 10  LD: 10
4 eggies 3 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-108 Eggie Weggies
-40 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139741 results: Craft: 2 [No Materials found] [No Eggs found]

139578a]
139578b] [139578c]

"You are missing the larger point here," Shield said, waving her jibes aside in favor of getting to his rather roundabout point. "If there are genetic similarities that you see in a parent figure - and you subconsciously would select the next closest one after your father, then odds are they will see similarities from their family in you. People vastly underestimate the possibility for mutual attraction," he said, sitting back on his haunches in an air of presentation that had 'gotcha' written all over it. On the other hand, the inactive fishing pole that sat in his hand was hardly adding any cool points to his tongue-in-cheek attempt to puff himself up, and after a solid ten seconds of continued dead activity from his line, he sighed. "I was a statistician in the real world. I know way more than I should about silly things like this."

He wound in his line, more than a little defeated, and cast it out once again, hoping a different spot would make for better, more impressive fishing to back up his silly rhetoric. "My greater point here is, get your shoe in the door. Give it a shot. Baldur is a nice guy. Odds are, if he's available, he'll at least hear you out, and even if you weren't on his radar yet, once you are, you might just win him over."

Edited by Shield

Mutual attraction

The gears in Mari's brain slowly rolled over till they clicked together. "Oh.." Mari said quietly. "OH!" She repeated loudly. "Wait..." She  began to backpedal, having low esteem and little self worth to begin with, being called a monster for years and hated more than crushed the way Mari viewed herself. "Y-you're insane." Mari said as she pointed an accusatory finger his way. "Absolutely insane." She said again through clenched teeth. Really. "Statistician, eh?" Mari said with a shake of her head. "Guess I'd be the outlier in that data pool." Mari quietly said to herself. She wasn't fishing for compliments, or anything of the sort. She just doubted someone like Baldur would find her attractive.

"Well..." Mari said as she began to wind her own line in. "The message is sent now - all we can do is wait to see if he responds. He could be busy with his student, Cordelia." Mari grinned as she turned her soft gaze back to Shield. "She's really somethin' a good and kind kid. She hates puns though, so might have to fix that through...immersion. Just gotta keep at them when she's around." Mari turned her attention back to her rod as she struggled to finish reeling it in. With an 'Oof' she fell backward onto her rump, pulling a chest up and out of the water.

"But for real, we started off...terribly but now I'm protective of her - she's like...she's like a little sister I think. If a little sister wanted to stab you for your pun prowess at least, now - I think you have a chest to open." Mari said with  grin as she slapped it.

@Shield

ROLL ID :139770  CD:12  LD:20
8 Eggies + CHEST

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-116 Eggie Weggies
-40 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139771 results: Loot: 14+8=22

[1-3] = A <<Mimic>>
[4-7] = 1200 Col, 2 materials, 2 uncommon consumables
[8-11] = 1800 Col, 3 materials, 2 rare consumables
[12-15] = 2400 Col, 5 materials, rare weapon, 2 rare consumables
[16-20] = 3600 Col, 8 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables
[21-23] = 4800 Col, 10 materials, 2 perfect weapon, perfect consumable
[24-25] = 6000 Col, 12 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Loot Totals:

Col: 12,400
Perfect Weapons: [139268a] [139268b] [139771a] [139771b]
Rare Weapons: [139578a]
Perfect Consumables: [139268c] [139771c]
Rare Consumables [139518a] [139518b] [139578b] [139578c]

"Alright, alright," Shield said, making a big show out of rolling his eyes. Meanwhile, he was already in the process of unhooking his keys from his belt. He held one of the golden objects in front of the lock and watched it pop open, the lid opening just a few inches while bringing up a display menu of its contents. "Well. This isn't a terrible haul. Granted, I don't specifically have need for the weapons, but it's still a high yield drop. I'm assuming you'll want these?" He opened a transfer window, sending over the materials found inside of the chest.

Shield wishes to send you:

10 T3 Materials

Accept [O]       Deny [X]

"The consumables I'll send you when we decide to pack it in," he said, looking over the growing list. "Easier to send them as one transaction than to send them piecemeal like that as we find each." The chest, now empty, burst into shards, and Shield returned to his abandoned fishing pole, picking it up and preparing to cast. "And yes, the message is sent. So whatever is going to happen is going to happen."

Edited by Shield

Mari accepted the trade for the materials. "Yeh...these will be good - I wanna try working on crafting some more things for the frontlines, and I'm sharing my materials with Cordelia. Teleport crystals can be bought form merchants, but antidotes and a few others can't...hmmm..." Mari tapped her lips as the thought. "If Baldur replies and comes round I wouldn't mind talking to him a little about the frontlines. He has a better handle on things - and I have a plethora of unused Skill Points, perhaps he'd offer insight in where they should go."

Shield mentioned sharing the consumables with her once they were done; Mari pushed herself up off the ground with a small 'hup' and approached Shield. "Oh? Does that mean I'm trustworthy enough? I thought we had to wait till the end of the expedition till I found out my judgement." Her jovial tone dissipated for a moment as she knelt down, reaching out to place a hand on his shoulder.

"In all seriousness though, If you do - even in part. I wanna say thanks. Not many people do, so yanno...it means something to me." She offered him a faint grin. "You're not too bad yourself, yanno."

@Shield
ID:139772  CD 2 LD:19
NOTHING

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-116 Eggie Weggies
-50 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139773 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 19+8=27 [8 Eggs found]

Loot Totals:

Eggs: 130

"Look, the way I see it," Shield said, giving the back of her had a firm pat, "Is you're either not in fact a monster or you're a master of deception and have really pulled one over on me. In which case, I'm probably already a dead man, so you know. Might as well assume the best for now." Giving her hand one final squeeze, he released it and turned to face the lake once more. He cast his line out, aiming for the very deepest part, or at least as far as he could tell. It was dark enough that depths were a mystery, but it was roughly the center.

"And trust me, Baldur will talk about character builds all day every day without even being asked," Shield snorted. "If you give him the excuse by asking him, he might just actually ask you to marry him on the spot." 

Shield's line went tight for a moment and then slack once more. He reeled in a little and encountered the same slight resistance he had felt a number of times before. Indeed, as his line reached the shallows, a little bag of eggs with no fish attached tumbled up onto the bank. "Think we gutted another bilby?" Shield teased.

Edited by Shield

Mari appreciated his gesture, but, being terrible with words Mari simply gave him a smile as she stood. "Yanno..." Mari said as she threw her line out, shifting her feet so she had a firm stance. "Everyone always assumes I'm some sort of devious deceptive mastermind. It's kinda funny when you think about it." Mari said as she reeled her line in, just a bit, to provoke something, anything to bite. "I don't lie for two reasons, one - I don't like it - and two...gods I can barely keep up with life as is. Do ya really think I pin you as someone who can keep track of all those lies and woven tapestries of - I unno. More lies!?" Mari said with a flamboyant wave of her arm.

"Yeh, he's definitely the type of person who likes to theorize and plan. Oh-" Mari felt a hard tug on her line, she pulled back hard on her fishing pole with a strong jerk and began to reel it in fast. "H-hang on...I gotta funny...but first..." She was clearly distracted. With a final yank Mari pulled up a pile of eggs from the river, they tumbled all over the riverbank. great

Mari dropped her pole with a sigh as she shifted to go pick them all up before they rolled away. "Anyway as I was saying I-"

"He might just actually ask you to marry him on the spot."

SMASH

Mari, ever the one to not be so good at controlling her emotions drew in a sharp breath, completely caught off guard by his comment, she misplaced her footing and crushed one of the chocolate eggs beneath her foot. "Argh" WIth a face red as a beetroot Mari pointed at the chocolate mess beneath her foot then at him. "L-look what you made me do!" She cried out. "What the hell Shield!"

@Shield

ID:139774  CD:3  LD:17
8 eggies- 1 accidental cronch

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-123 Eggie Weggies
-50 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139775 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 1+8=9 [4 Eggs found]

Loot Totals:

Eggs: 134

Before he could stop himself, Shield gave an involuntary snort before turning his head away to hide his face. He cleared his throat. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." Composing himself, he turned back to Mari. "I'd offer you an egg to replace it, but they bind to the player, I'm afraid. Sorry!" He turned back his tackle, continuing to suppress a smile, though with a considerable amount more success this time.

His own line gave a tug, and he began to reel, but he could already tell from how little resistance there was that it would no longer have a fish on it by the time it got to him. Sure enough, yet another bag of eggs and Easter grass popped out of the water. "Well, I apologize for upsetting you. I had no idea you felt so strongly about bilbies. Or what the hell a bilby was in the first place." With no small amount of difficulty, Shield extracted his hook from the mess of mesh and fake grass before collecting its contents.

Edited by Shield

Mari huffed as she picked up her rod. "It's just a single egg." She mumbled, her face still red. At this point she knew he was just riling her up on purpose. "As long as I get what I need to - we'll be just peachy. But if I find out I'm a single egg off of my goal you gotta..." She paused. What could she possibly ask of him?

"You gotta identify all my sh*t for free! For an entire month!" She retorted as she pointed the rod at him. Realistically there was no real way she could make him do such a thing, but it made her feel better, marginally. Mari swung the rod back over her shoulder then cast the line out.

"Yeh...Bilbies." Mari said with a roll of her eyes. "I'm sure passionate about native fauna." Mari knew Shield was giving her an out; and she was taking it. "I just get flustered. I know I shouldn't. I've spent so long hiding myself and my emotions away. Now I don't have that burden anymore - it's like a bloody damn. Sh*t keeps gushing out and I feel like it'd be easier if I reigned myself in more."

Mari gave a sharp tug to snag her catch then began to reel her line in. "Apology accepted though." Mari grabbed hold of the line and pulled up a string of pastel eggs, yellow shells dotted with spots of pastel purple.

"We never really coloured eggs. Is this really what they're all supposed to look like?" Mari asked.

@Shield

ID:139861  CD:6 LD:15
6 Eggies 1 material

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-129 Eggie Weggies
-51 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139875 results: Craft: 12 [4 Materials found] Loot: 3+8=11 [6 Eggs found]

Loot Totals:

Eggs: 140
Materials: 45

"Don't let these commercialized monstrosities fool you," Shield said. "Eggs you decorate at home never end up looking like this. Best we managed when I was growing up was dipping eggs into a container that just stained it all the same color, and not very dark either." He almost sounded offended. "And what's more, if you did remove the shell to eat it, the egg itself would be stained on the inside, or at least the outer millimeter or so."

"On the other hand, if you wanted some actual green eggs with your ham..." Shield gave a little shrug. At this point, he had decided it would be kind to let Mari recover before laying into her any further with the jokes. Almost as karmic retribution for his mockery, he was jerked forward almost out of his seat by yet another powerful fish. He had practiced this too many times in recent days, however, and despite the toils, he landed the fish and collected his winnings.

He opened his menu, checking on the growing mass of eggs he had so far collected. As a matter of curiosity, he tapped his friends list to check on something. Although he had just decided to give Mari a break, he had to stifle a laugh. "Hey, Mari, you were thinking Baldur would probably not be particularly in joining you, right?" He did his best to keep his face straight and his tone casual. "Cuz he just warped to our floor."

Edited by Shield

Mari threw out her line again. "Yeh, that's the thing - colouring eggs? Never did that growing up." She shrugged. "I dunno why, I don't think anyone I knew did. We just ate a crap tonne of chocolate. Eurgh. Too sweet." Mari muttered as she stuck out her tongue. Speaking of eggs; her rod was tugged, hard - Mari quickly gave it a jerk and began to reel in her prize. A long string of eggs. Great. Yup. Fantastic.

"Nooooo." Mari said as she slapped her hands to her face. "I know that book off by heart thanks to Evelyn....I will not eat them with a mouse I will not eat them in a house.."  Mari shook her head, trying to shake the terrible rhymes from her memory, despite that, she wore a broken smile. Right...She'd do anything to read that book, a thousand times over for her daughter again. Mari forced her eyes shut behind her hands - she couldn't, wouldn't allow herself to get sentimental and cry here.

'Hey Mari'

Mari slowly lowered her hands, brows furrowed into a suspicious look. "What." Came her deadpan reply. Shield stiffled a laugh as he pointed at his HUD - telling here where Baldur was.

"That's...what - what?" Mari quickly sat herself down on the floor and turned her back on him. "Nope. YOu're lying. I don't believe you, you're just trying to push my buttons again. Gods, I picked the worst person to open up to." Mari said as she opened up her inventory to pull out a small Pizza roll.

She wouldn't listen to him.

It was a lie.

@Shield

ID:139876  CD: 6  LD: 16
8 Eggies 1 Material

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-137 Eggie Weggies
-52 T3 Materials
1,400 Col

Edited by Mari