Materials: 53
Col: 7,600
Perfect Armors: [149739b]
Perfect Weapons: [149739a]
Rare Weapons: [149481a]
Perfect Consumables: [149739c] [149739d]
Rare Consumables: [149481b] [149481c]

Keys Used: 2

Shield sighed, setting his pole down once again and giving his shoulders and neck a good long stretch. "I'm going to go take another look around for more treasure. So far, the water has been a lot less reliable than dry land, so I'm going to keep putting fuel where the fire is, so to speak." He glanced around the cavern, trying to decide which spot might be the best option to begin his search. There were any number of stones and stalagmites on the ground, and those could sometimes be the simple cover needed to conceal such things. He began walking towards a few boulders that were just along the water's edge.

As he approached, Seeking Aura, the small silver hoop earring that he wore, began to glow with a faint golden light. There was a single inlaid wire of gold that served as a beacon, lighting like a filament when something of value was near. Glancing around, he saw nothing on the ground, but when he glanced over by the water, he noticed a shadow just under the water's surface. "The game just had to get me wet, didn't it?" He sighed, wading a little ways into the water and feeling for a handle under the surface. He found one on what was now very clearly another chest and proceeded to haul it up onto dry land.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raidou's line still trailing around in the lake as Shield returns just a bit richer, obviously finding something in his stretching jaunt "At least it hasn't been a total wash. It would be fitting that my first trip be so sour." Raidou stretches for a moment, standing and allowing the rod to dangle upon the stone. A bit stiff but still ready to continue. The rod begins to scream, starting to shift upon the stone it was laid upon. Raidou dives for it to prevent it from being lost into the water. "That was almost bad." Raidou speaks before the line gets heavy. A bit of a struggle and a fight, Raidou digs his heels where they find traction as he is prone to prevent from being dragged in. To his surprise, a nice sized specimen of albacore flops out of the water after the ordeal. "Now it wants to bite, as soon as I let go."

ID# 149987 results: Craft: 11

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 25

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Opening Chest: 

ID# 175127 results: Loot: 3+7=10

• [8-11] = (Floor * 75) Col, (3) materials, (2) rare consumables

Total Loot:

Materials: 56
Col: 9,175
Rare Consumables: [149481b] [149481c] [175127a] [175127b]

Keys Used: 3

Shield struggled to find traction with his heavy boots on the algae covered stone of the lake's shallows. It took him a few minor slips and a nearly major one, but he finally made his way onto shore with his find. Taking a moment to shake off excess water, he took out the key ring he had been working with, picking out another key that seemed the best fit for the lock.

He crouched down beside the chest, still panting slightly from the effort of pulling it from the edge of the water, and held out his key. The chest opened as the key was consumed, and the readout raced across the dialogue box that came up. "You know, for as rare as the chests have been today, they've kinda been a little disappointing. I can handle a long wait it it means good loot at the end, but right now, that doesn't seem to be a guarantee."

Edited by Shield

"Well, I am in it for the long haul, not about to quit just because things look bleak." Raidou spoke as he unhooked the massive creature from his line, allowing its carcass to add to the prior ones. He would have to figure out hacking them up for transit but the first and most important aspect was at the forefront of his focus. A flick of his right tosses the tether strapped to this pole out into the shade, toward the back of the body aiming to alter anything he could control. Convinced that a change would bring about a changed result, he was persistent on this front as well, as a scholar he would be troubled if it was truly random which it was starting to look like it was. Where he had cast seemed rather, devoid of life, and as such a vacuum of activity was apparent. Raidou was adamant however and allowed the line to sink in, only subtly moving it toward him every few seconds in a slight inch tug of the connecting spool.

ID# 149989 results: Craft: 2

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149991 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 58

Shield nodded in agreement, not really in the mood to give up on something he has spent the time and energy preparing for. The key now was going to be passing the time, which meant discussing more than just loot and fishing. "Raidou, I don't believe we've specifically discussed whether you're in a guild or not." Shield had spent a considerable amount of time recruiting of late, so the fact that they had not yet discussed the matter was a little unusual. Still, he figured now was as good of a time as any.

He threw out his line once again, watching to see where it landed and taking note before turning his eyes back to the other player. It didn't take long for him to get another bite, but it was not a strong enough fish to distract him from the topic at hand. Keeping his eyes on the discussion, he managed to pull in and land the fish with no real complications.

Edited by Shield

Raidou was in fact in a guild "Yeah, it was a group of upstarts that were all trying their best to gather materials. A few were miserable at it while a couple of others weren't, unfortunately, the lot of them are not prepared against what they are facing. Every one of them has glaring issues that will get them killed." he recalled in honesty while the line bobbed around in the water. "You mentioned a guild and a waiting list for those enhancements, it is also why I can respect that. You are looking after them in the same way. I just hope yours are more interested in surviving than being right." as Raidou went through to potential outcomes if they decided to fight amongst each other when death was staring in their face, the very reason they were tasked with rather easy missions now. To try and iron out these problems before things got tougher.

ID# 149996 results: Craft: 1

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 149997 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 61

"They are very interested in surviving," Shield said, giving a reassuring nod. "Those who formed the guild with me in the first place are no strangers to the front lines, and neither are some of the regular members who have joined. Many of the new recruits are low level, but they are all quick to learn and eager to become stronger." He pulled back and let loose another cast, this time, his bait not even hitting the water before being caught in the mouth of a leaping fish.

This was no small animal either, easily the length of Shield's arm. He began reeling in immediately, watching the point at which his line met the water weave back and forth while still growing nearer and nearer to shore. Before he knew it, it was on the bank, flopping around with life and vigor. That, however, did not last long, as usual, and it soon gave in to the air and to the eventuality of its itemhood.

Edited by Shield

Glad to hear the group he was looking after knew the importance of development, instead of petty squabbles and infighting. "If I could just instill the same, the quests only become worse. The creatures you face only more lethal. Constant pouring over descriptions and brokered information shows that creatures grow almost exponentially as you ascend the floors. Its a death sentence to them if they cannot even grasp the basics." twisting the line around in the water hoping for something good to be linked on the other end, a goading bobber shifting in a cascading ripple as its dragged closer to the shore. A grab of the line, which puts up little fight as a rather small hooked fauna is attached to the other end. Raidou casts it back in, the fish now laying at his side gasping for air as it begins to expire in a pile of others just like it.

ID# 150000 results: Craft: 6 [Neat]

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 26

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 150001 results: Craft: 12 +  Loot: 15+12=27 [Chest found]

Total Loot:

"Well, perhaps what they need is some incentive," Shield said, casting his line out and giving a little shrug. "Showing them both how lucrative it is on higher floors as well as the amount of work needed to be done to prosper in said locations might light a fire under their a-"

Shield went to reel in his line once again, but it didn't move. His pole bent, and his reel complained softly with a few angry clicks, but there was no slack and no give to the tension. Quirking an eyebrow, he pulled harder. The something he was hooked on slid. "Yes..." He pulled harder and reeled with all the speed he could manage given the sluggish progress. "I believe we've hit pay dirt once again!" he crowed triumphantly, pulling and reeling in alternating patterns until finally his coveted catch made its emergence from the water. With one last haul, he brought it the rest of the way onto the shore. "And I had begun to give up hope!" He set down his pole and hurried over, eager to claim the contents.

Edited by Shield

This was more like it, as Shield managed to unearth a hidden capsule of wood after a decent struggle. "Good about time..." Raidou's words cut short as a sudden tug on his rod as another fish was on the line. Damn thing I want to see this Raidou fought against the line in fervor peeling it to the edge in haste. Dropping the fish still strapped to the hook in its mouth, the rod away from the water far enough it couldn't find purchase to re-entering the body. Raidou was not the superstitious kind but would not allow a remark of what may be inside to find his lips as for once, it would not hurt to allow the contents to speak for themselves. They had enough bad luck today to fill a few, and Raidou would not give it a reason to continue with idle words from loose lips.

ID# 150002 results: Craft: 6

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 27

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 150003 results: Loot: 1+7=8

• [8-11] = 1,575 Col, 3 T3 materials, 2 rare T3 consumables

Total Loot:

Col: 10,750
Rare Consumables: [149481b] [149481c] [175127a] [175127b] [150003a] [150003b]

Keys Used: 4

Shield was quick to the draw on bringing out his set of keys. He had the chest open in no time, and in no time his excitement dissolved into disappointment. "And we were doing so well on chest content, too," he sighed. It was the lowest possible tier of loot he could find with his skill set, or at least the lowest he had encountered to date. He collected the items grudgingly and returned to where the two had been fishing.

"Anyways, as I was saying, incentive might help," he said, summarizing his point from before. "Also, there's no reason our guilds couldn't work together on some training exercises. A lot of why our guild was founded was to help players reach the front lines and to gather resources. Our guild is not meant to only serve itself. We welcome collaborations with other groups and opportunities to help out those who are struggling to grow in some manner or another. Even if it's just me going full drill sergeant on them."

Edited by Shield

A shame the box had offered so little given how difficult it was to not only hook the thing but to drag out of the water. "Incentive..." Raidou whispered as the word clung in his mind, a notion he had not approached as it was more of a military standard he was imposing. "Of course, I would welcome a chance for them to broaden their scopes a bit. After a few attempts, they have proven to be just as difficult outside the guild as within it." Raidou recalled the problem with Quinn, the issues with Rosary, and a few others. "Training exercises could prove even more beneficial given perspectives. It could just be they need a different guiding hand than my own, I am struggling with getting some of them to understand the gravity of what is required of them." Raidou took to silence when he mentioned drill sergeant, the proudest and aggressive one among them may need just this: Gaius. Another small fish on the line removed, Raidou recasts as this was becoming a bit automatic on autopilot.

ID# 150166 results: Craft: 5

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 28

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 150169 results: Craft: 12+ Loot: 19+12=31 [Chest found]

Total Loot:

Col: 10,750

Keys Used: 4

"I do not prefer the drill sergeant route," Shield began. "It is callous, and it leaves little room for compassion in certain moments. However, in terms of results, I have had some success with taking a more direct and no-nonsense approach to things. Are you familiar with a young woman by the name of Yuki?" he asked. It was a stretch, but active players had a way of running into one another. He cast out his line again, not paying much attention as he began to reel in. However, before he could properly get an answer to his question, his line snagged for a second time.

"See... this is a very clear example of the idea of 'feast or famine,'" he said, sighing with a pleased but exasperated tone. "I wont question the luck though." He went through the whole thing again - the puffing and hoisting and panting and heaving until finally his newest catch, another water-logged piece of riches-filled driftwood, stood proudly on the shore. "Let's see what this one has in store then."

Edited by Shield

"I know of one that it's probably the only option." A response to the phrase as he tried to recall, vaguely remembering the name being mentioned during the attack on ATP. "I have heard the name before, but cannot put a face to it." as Shield contorts and starts to heave out another container from the bottom of the water. Raidou wasn't going to question it, he wasn't going to even provoke fate to damn them again with a word said. A superstition began to prey on his mind, he chose to remain silent and not offer a jinx to what it may contain. It was a bit decayed from the salt, but still intact and surely what was within was undisturbed. As if on queue, as soon as Shield sets down his equipment a nuisance begins to tug on Raidou's rod as if a deliberate distraction to keep him from fully storing the routine Shield had to memory. Another small minnow that was lapping up his bait in almost a constant stream.

ID# 150170 results: Craft: 5

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 29

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 150171 results: Loot: 17+7=24

• [24-25] = 5,250 Col, 12 T3 materials, 1 perfect T3 weapon, 1 perfect T3 armor/shield, 2 perfect T3 consumables

Total Loot:

Col: 16,000
Perfect Armors: [149739b] [150171a]
Perfect Weapons: [149739a] [150171b]
Perfect Consumables: [149739c] [149739d] [150171c] [150171d]

Keys Used: 5

Shield was neutral in his approach to this chest. Last one, he got excited, and the powers that be saw fit to make him swallow that excitement. He did not bother to goad the chest or to influence it one way or another. There was no beseeching, there was no bargaining. He merely took to one knee and fished a key from the ring that was hooked to the back of his belt. He held the little opener and held it to the lock. As per usual, it dissolved, the chest opened, and Shield began to glance over the contents.

At this point, it was very difficult to keep his excitement subdued. "Ah, it's the higher tier loot this time," he said, nodding a subdued approval. "How adequate." He closed the lid and straightened up, returning to his spot to resume fishing for more replacement chests. As if sensing its usefulness was over, the chest burst into pale blue polygons, and that was that.

Edited by Shield

Raidou exhales sharply, was physically holding his breath hoping the chest would not screw his companion over. It appeared as though it had something worth note within it, Raidou could only get a glimpse of the actual contents before the chest vanished to the ether. shifting the pole around in the water, the fish seemed unappealed to the bait now that his attentions were not divided. "It's like they are taunting me." Raidou grimaced as he could see the shadows from the distance through his magnifying glasses. Turning the spool just slightly, it glances directly over the entity in the lake but they completely either ignore it or take no notice. "But I digress, I would rather enjoy offering you a hand. Getting my own to do so as well as a bit turbulent at times, but they come around after a bit of struggle." he explained in response to Shield's offer with one of his own.

ID# 150172 results: Craft: 1

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 150173 results: Craft: 2 [Nothin]

Total Loot:

"A hand?" Shield asked, not quite sure what Raidou could be referring to. He couldn't recall mentioning a need for assistance on anything. "What kind of help would you offer?" he inquired further. Truth told, the leadership of his guild was very qualified and experienced, and even among its lower ranked members there was no shortage of good, well-versed players. There were a small handful of rookies, but the proportions of experience to inexperience in Jacob's Ladder was more than adequate. In fact, he could not think of a more reliable group of players to build a guild around.

By this time, he had returned to his spot, picking up his fishing pole once again and casting out into the dark water. He began to get the impression that Raidou had been motionless without success in a little while and he wondered if perhaps they had caused too much commotion bringing chests ashore. "Perhaps we have caused too much disturbance and scared the fish off to a different part of the lake."

Edited by Shield

Raidou had forgotten that perhaps it was too broad of scope, and should dial it down a bit "Equipment for newer players, materials or simply information. Whatever I can assist with you need only ask. I wouldn't want to simply accept aid and not offer it in unison." spoken to a silent cavern, the only sound their voices and the soft rippling of water on the roughened stone at the edge of the water. A shift of the pole moves the tether just a tad bit closer to him, aiming to mimic a fly darting overtop the body of pooled liquid. Nothing in response, a closer look shows that the once present silhouette has migrated elsewhere. "You may be right." Raidou rips the line out and casts to the right side, aiming to locate that which had fled as the area he had been working was now dormant of any activity.

ID# 150175 results: Craft: 3

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 150189 results: Craft: 8 [2 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 63

"I will keep your offer in mind," Shield said with a nod. "I believe our recruits are currently outfitted properly, though if they change up their gear and have need, I will be sure to let you know." With a swing back and a flick forward, he cast a little further to one side than he had been. He waited for a little while keeping an eye on the area. "If this is successful, I'd say we should migrate further around the lake to that side. That has proven successful for me on some earlier fishing trips, so it might not be a bad idea now that there are twice as many hooks in the water."

The answer came quickly enough, as a nibble turned into a bite, and a bite turned into a one-sided battle for dominance. That fight ended with Shield victorious once more, standing over his medium sized catch and waiting for it to decide it had had enough flopping to give up on life. "I think that settles it. Around to the side it is," he said, nodding in the direction in which he had cast his line.

Edited by Shield

This was clearly his domain, and Raidou was glad to have his guidance given he knew the lake like gazing upon a map. A bit of comfort knowing that assistance from him and the guild he was part of and the guild Shield was going to be a mutual benefit and not just a one-sided affair as he knew that the group would be 'difficult' and that would be quite a burden. Peeling his cable out of the water in a trail of the stuff, it clatters against a stalactite before falling into his lap. Looking up Raidou hadn't noticed it before, had it always been right above him like a sharpened tooth directly over his head. At the rate the day was fairing, Raidou knew better than to tempt fate shimming himself slightly left so if it decided to unhinge he would not die fishing. A quick toss toward where Shield's line was met with an immediate response, but as before it was still a rather small creature in comparison to Shield's, but it was better than naught

ID# 150190 results: Craft: 5

1*T3 Materials Obtained

Total T3 Materials: 30

Edited by Raidou