[F2-PP] An Exchange Made (Venomous Warg)

The young songstress seemed to operate well enough despite a little turbulence in the exam she would prove to be capable enough to do what was required of her. This left the most recent addition left for a test, Sam was striving forward but before he could allow her into a more lethal activity he needed to be sure she was ready. Dusting his hands free of the sediment that had taken hold in the lines drawn upon his palms, a couple more units of plant matter applied into his satchel as a way to spend time without a waste waiting for the wolves to resupply. Simple enough in a path he had taken quite a number of times prior, he beats feet back to Gatsby to undertake the last for now rendition of the venomous warg. A fired line of communication to Sam, rolling on midnight the moonlight was wearing thin. A flutter of his red robe held close to his neck in a bitter chill he leaves the treeline, finding a place to stand in yellow luminosity in the dangling lantern light. Adjusting the glasses on his face, steeling himself against pressing fatigue.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 46

HP: 920/920

En: 92/92

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Battle Healing: Rank 4

Parry: Obtained [Vengeful Riposte]

Fighting Spirit: Obtained

Fishing: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

4*Golem Strength Potion (+2 Base Damage)

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion (T1/Uncommon/+60)*4

Teleport Crystal*2

Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Edited by Raidou

Sam had just fallen asleep when her HUD chimes. "Dam what is it," she says opening the message sent by Raidou. "Oh! Uu...okay I guess sleeping isn't an option right now" Sam says to an empty room as Eruda has yet to return to her shop. Sam yawns, gets out of bed and gathers the new equipment that she had obtained from Kasumi earlier that day. Sam walks out of the shop and into the dark night, stopping by the quest board to pick up the quest that Raidou had requested. Stepping onto the warp gate after reading the intel of the quest she says "Floor 2" as she reappears on floor 2. Following the nav market leading to Gatsby's place, Sam sees Raidou standing there waiting. "Hope you were not waiting long," she says walking past him to have a talk with Gatsby who seemed very worried and on edge. Sam yawns again saying "Yea I take care of them" as she walks out with another yawn. Looking back at Raidou with a nod and a small smile she says "So why do this quest so late in the night. There has to be a reason?" She starting to head to where the green quest marker leads waiting for a response from Raidou.

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 13

HP: 260/260

EN: 26/26

Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone (Damage 3)

Misc: Fire Brand - Din (Accuracy +3)

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 9

Accuracy: +3

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Two-Handed Battle Axe (Rank 3): 5 Damage

Extra Skill: <<Concentration>>

Battle Ready:

Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3

• 3 weeks later...

Raidou waited in silence before Sam's footfalls become known to his senses, drawing closer and closer. His perception was rather developed, even the low light gave little in the way of catching him by surprise. "Not too long no." Raidou remarked with an extended index to Gatsby, allowing the girl to accept the quest in question as those before she had. He then began to beat a path away from the town of Urbus, through the dangling lantern light in a yellow hue. They swayed softly with a gentle breeze that was visible in the foliage around them, through the bluish green leaves. "The reason is my days are already claimed by other activities that must be performed, the members of the guild need to be ready to act on a moment's notice. I am convinced this will not be a problem." as he strolled onward with his blood red robe punching a hole in the scenery around them.

"Hmm, gathering I am guessing is what is taking up your other time, fair enough. So this person wants us to kill these things. Is there anything special I need to do? What is the plan here Raidou?" Sam was trying to get all the details and not just what was in the quest information. Mainly she wanted to get back to bed but she would do her best to follow orders like the times before this. Sam's mind is always racing but she has gotten better at following orders. Usually, she was the one giving orders but with her being in this guild, she was no longer in charge so she would have to try harder than ever to suppress those thoughts. Getting to the destination that the nav marker brought them to she looks into the dark forest trying to get a location on the things that they needed to fight. Looking to Raidou, still waiting for the answer to the question, she waits for the orders from the guild master to be given before heading into combat. 

Edited by Sam

The gathering was the least of the chores that consumed his days, but after all, he didn't share all of what he had to do. "Gathering, purchasing information, scoping and mapping locations, and analyzing quests like these for lethality. but yes my days are rather taken." As they moved closer toward the clearing after breaching the treeline, his walking stopped abruptly and with a turn, he looks to Sam. Amber orange eyes pierce through the lenses on his face, looking at her square as the firm stance his words had to take was being manifested before spoken. "One alpha, 3 wolves. The leader has poisonous saliva. You are barred from harming the lesser beasts, only strike the leader. Follow my lead and kill the leader without harming the others. If you wish to be considered as a member of Firm Anima you will do only this, fail and you will be left behind. I cannot risk those who cannot think critically in combat, prove to me you are capable of such things."

Listen to Raidou speak and then change his demeanor and speak again in a completely different tone she smiles. "I couldn't agree more. If I can't focus on the extreme of a simple task then I shouldn't be here fighting with anyone. If I have learned anything, it's that teamwork and communication is the key. I will kill the leader first after that are the little one's free game?" Sam is impressed at how Raidou presented himself. With that, she takes her weapon out and she sees slight movement just within the tree lines. A large creature and following behind were 3 little ones. Looking to Raidou with a smirk across her face she says "After you," as she waited for Raidou to make the first move. She would follow behind him and give him the respect that was well deserved. Looking through the dark forest she glances to the large creature with piercing eyes and seen a greenish fluid coming from its mouth. Sam stands there waiting for an action to take place.

Drawing his blade in a tear of metal on metal, a cold greyed silver broadsword from its scabbard. Adjusting his glasses and turning toward the clearing with the blade in his right, each step a fume of reddened black smoke begins to pour off his back. Fighting spirit as it was called bled from his robe like smoke from a burning kiln, every footfall making it thicker. The wind had a way of twisting and contorting it as he traveled. The wolves lay dormant in a night's rest, an effect of the time to be sure. They stirred upon noticing his approach, turned heads, and raised necks to beckon snarls and growls as they take to their footpads. The black star seemed primed for a feast the smoke thicker around its blade. Raidou closes the gap at the same speed they do, like a lit fuse on an explosive. It was the calm before the storm.

Sam watches as Raidou's robe starts to do something crazy but she had her orders. A small breeze begins as Sam's eyes dart to the large creature and with that she runs into the treeline with the intent to kill that biggest thing there. Her weapon begins to glow deep red within her grasp as she slides to a halt in front of that creature larger than her. In this swift moment, she uses the weight of her two-handed axe and slices upward toward the creature chin. What seemed to be not so hostile was now serious as he roars out in pain. Sam jumps back a bit to avoid any repercussions to her attack and calls out to Raidou "You mind grabbing it's attention so I can do what you ask of me please." The large creature stomps against the ground really angry at Sam now looking for revenge for the sudden outburst. Sam swallows hard as she looks at the beast standing in front of her.

Activates Concentration and Crimson Blood

ID# 153185 results: Battle: 6+4-1=9 Hits! vs Venomous Warg! Dealing 9*6=54 Damage

Players                                            
Raidou | 920/920 | 92/92 | DMG: 4 | ACC: +3 | EVA: +3 | BH: 36 | VAMP OFF: 92 | PARA: 1 | TAUNT | CONC [0/3] | PARRY [0/2]
Sam | 260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3 | LD: +3 | CONC [0/3]

Hatred:    Mobs:                        
(0,1)   Venomous Warg | HP: 96/150 | DMG: 35 (50 Crit) | Poison ([9-10]10/3) | EVA: 1
(0,0)    Wolf #1 | HP: 40/40 | DMG: 25
(0,0)    Wolf #2 | HP: 40/40 | DMG: 25
(0,0)    Wolf #3 | HP: 40/40 | DMG: 25

Edited by Sam

As he finally reaches the center of the arena, a wall of wooden pillars creating the circumference of the place. As they stare Raidou down Sam rushes in and blindsides the leader as it beats a circle around the swordsman with its pack. A darkened red laceration showed the framework data underneath the composed body of the creature, the damage was done as it looks to the raven haired girl with aggression. "We will have none of that." Raidou spoke softly as a silvered grey light bursts from his weapon encompassing the blade. A pivot arcs a silver trail of light around his body in a wide swing that clips all but the leader who manages to duck under the horizontal cleave. It seemed confused about who to target, Raidou was imposing and beginning to prey upon its senses but Sam was still a clear target albeit hazy.

Raidou activates Rage Spike

ID# 153192 results: Battle: 1, Missed vs. Venomous Warg!

ID# 153193 results: Battle: 8+3=11, Hit! vs. Wolf #1 dealing 8 damage!

ID# 153195 results: Battle: 7+3=10, Hit! vs. Wolf #2 dealing 8 damage!

ID# 153196 results: Battle: 7+3=10 Hit! vs. Wolf #3 dealing 8 damage!

They spring to action, one latches into his leg between the shift. Raidou rights himself and a swift jab breaks the creature loose before it can lock its jaws on, two spring airborne before he bats them away in a shower of yellowed sparks in two quick swings of the black star. The leader stares them down in tandem not sure who his target should be. It snarls with a purple ichor bleeding out of its maw, before howling to the rounded blue moon as the battle had begun.

ID# 153198 results: Craft: 8 [Sam], MOB: 3, Missed vs. Sam

ID# 153199 results: MOB: 9, Hit! vs. Raidou dealing 26 damage!

ID# 153200 results: MOB: 6-3=3, Missed vs. Raidou!

ID# 153201 results: MOB: 4-3=1, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players
(1-6) Raidou | 894/920 | 84/92 | DMG: 4 | ACC: +3 | EVA: +3 | BH: 36 | VAMP OFF: 92 | PARA: 1 | TAUNT | CONC [0/3] | PARRY [0/2]
(7-12) Sam | 260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3 | LD: +3 | CONC [0/3]

(1,1)   Venomous Warg | HP: 96/150 | DMG: 35 (50 Crit) | Poison ([9-10]10/3) | EVA: 1
(3,0)    Wolf #1 | HP: 32/40 | DMG: 25
(3,0)    Wolf #2 | HP: 32/40 | DMG: 25
(3,0)    Wolf #3 | HP: 32/40 | DMG: 25

Edited by Raidou

Sam watched as the Warg in front of her looks to Raidou but then back at her. It seemed to be confused about what was going on and how to process. Sam smirks as her weapon glows that deep red color again and with that, she uppercuts the Warg and in the same movement she uses the weight of her weapon to axe downward toward it, slicing through its hide with ease. It screams out in pain again as her attack connect causing several lacerations across its body now. Sam jumps back and smiles saying "You better figure out what you're doing before your body lies soulless where you stand Big guy." Sam gets herself ready for another attack but can't help to wonder if this quest was supposed to be dangerous or just the act of being accepted into the guild. Looking more at the Warg it started to breathe heavy as its health started to wilt away. 

Activates Crimson Blood

ID# 153202 results: Battle: 5+3-1=7 Hits! vs Venomous Warg! Dealing 9*6=54 Damage 

Players
(1-6) Raidou | 894/920 | 84/92 | DMG: 4 | ACC: +3 | EVA: +3 | BH: 36 | VAMP OFF: 92 | PARA: 1 | TAUNT | CONC [0/3] | PARRY [0/2]
(7-12) Sam | 260/260 | 14/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3 | LD: +3 | CONC [1/3]

(1,2)   Venomous Warg | HP: 42/150 | DMG: 35 (50 Crit) | Poison ([9-10]10/3) | EVA: 1
(3,0)    Wolf #1 | HP: 32/40 | DMG: 25
(3,0)    Wolf #2 | HP: 32/40 | DMG: 25
(3,0)    Wolf #3 | HP: 32/40 | DMG: 25

Edited by Sam

She was proceeding well, the creature was still struggling to determine a true target for its aggression which proved her hits were powerful enough to draw its ire. But this was about to change, for these wolves were up against a man who excelled in drawing their gaze. A punch of the fumes on his back as a sword art charged on his weapon. Their vision blurs including the alpha this time, Sam becomes nothing more than a blurred silhouette hidden in the scenery. A quick downward slam of the black star kicks a shockwave out that batters their feet, drawing focus to Raidou in the red smog. Being the only thing they could perceive cleanly and having just sustained damage from the source begin to close in while his HP ticks back to full.

ID# 153323 results: Battle: 8+3+1-1=11, Hit! vs. Venomous Warg #1 dealing 8 damage!

ID# 153324 results: Battle: 2+3+1=6, Hit! vs. Wolf #1 dealing 8 damage!

ID# 153325 results: Battle: 7+3+1=11, Hit! vs. Wolf #2 dealing 8 damage!

ID# 153326 results: Battle: 7+3+1=11, Hit! vs. Wolf #3 dealing 8 damage!

They hone in and begin to attempt to rip and tear at the red wanderer's flesh, bared teeth in rapid lunges. A flurry of steel as the heavy broadsword begins to kick around the incoming blows in a shower of sparks and lights as he parries them without movement beside his sword arm. Adjusting the glasses on his nose, they look on with a heavy pant. Undaunting defense at its finest, he had not broken a sweat. "You've already lost."

ID# 153327 results: MOB: 3-3=0, Missed vs. Raidou!

ID# 153328 results: MOB: 3-3=0, Missed vs. Raidou!

ID# 153329 results: MOB: 8-3=5, Missed vs. Raidou!

ID# 153330 results: MOB: 6-3=3, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players
(1-6) Raidou | 920/920 | 75/92 | DMG: 4 | ACC: +3 | EVA: +3 | BH: 36 | VAMP OFF: 92 | PARA: 1 | TAUNT | CONC [0/3] | PARRY [0/2]
(7-12) Sam | 260/260 | 14/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3 | LD: +3 | CONC [1/3]

(4,2)   Venomous Warg | HP: 34/150 | DMG: 35 (50 Crit) | Poison ([9-10]10/3) | EVA: 1
(6,0)    Wolf #1 | HP: 24/40 | DMG: 25
(6,0)    Wolf #2 | HP: 24/40 | DMG: 25
(6,0)    Wolf #3 | HP: 24/40 | DMG: 25

Edited by Raidou

Sam stares the large creature down and suddenly it switches modes. His interest was with Raidou now and Sam can't help but grin. It seemed that they all failed to get through Raidou's defenses. Sam begins to focus her attack directly at the largest one there. Her weapon glows brightly with a red essence and Sam knew that now was the time to attack. Sam runs quickly with an upward strike in mind as she swings upward using the weight of her weapon sending a large gash through the air connecting to the warg causing him to burst into nothing. Eyes glance to Raidou and he simply says "Good now the others," and with a nod, she darts to the younger ones with the explosive connections to each leaving nothing but data in the late nights' sky around Sam and Raidou. Sam gets to one knee and sets her weapon to the side of her on the ground trying to catch her breath. Sam's energy was completely drained with so much to show for it. "I hope I passed, that was really something else." Sam looks to the ground now sitting on both knees against the ground looking into the dark trying to regain what she lost or at least enough to get up and move around again.  

Activating Trample Act

ID# 153331 results: Battle: 9+3-1=9 Minor Critical! vs Venomous Warg! Dealing (9+1=10)*6=60 Damage Killing it

ID# 153332 results: Battle: 5+3=8 Hits! vs Wolf #1! Dealing 9*6=54 Damage Killing it

ID# 153333 results: Battle: 6+3=9 Hits! vs Wolf #2! Dealing 9*6=54 Damage Killing it

ID# 153334 results: Battle: 9+3-1=9 Minor Critical! vs Wolf #3! Dealing (9+1=10)*6=60 Damage Killing it

Players
(1-6) Raidou | 920/920 | 75/92 | DMG: 4 | ACC: +3 | EVA: +3 | BH: 36 | VAMP OFF: 92 | PARA: 1 | TAUNT | CONC [0/3] | PARRY [0/2]
(7-12) Sam | 260/260 | 0/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3 | LD: +3 | CONC [2/3]

(4,2)   Venomous Warg | HP: -26/150 | DMG: 35 (50 Crit) | Poison ([9-10]10/3) | EVA: 1 DEAD
(6,0)    Wolf #1 | HP: -30/40 | DMG: 25 DEAD
(6,0)    Wolf #2 | HP: -30/40 | DMG: 25 DEAD
(6,0)    Wolf #3 | HP: -36/40 | DMG: 25 DEAD

Edited by Sam

With the beasts slain, Sam had passed the test, she overexerted herself in the process but it proved useful in the end. "Just be mindful of your energy in the future, it works when the enemy falls but where would you be completely tapped like this if they were still moving around." Raidou remarked as he removed a small vial from his pocket, within it a cyan blue liquid. "Here, it works for crafting but should suffice to gain back your strength." dropping the bottle of bluish liquid into her hand. "Speak to Gatsby and complete the quest, get your reward, and get a good night's rest. Welcome to Firm Anima's provisionalist division." he was questioning placing her there instead of with Gaius and Megitsune in assault, but found it more fitting to pair her with the likes of Simmone and Griswold in procuring instead. She would prove useful in combat but she seemed clear headed enough for the more particular methods of this division.

Raidou hands her a vial of something and she drinks it. "Thanks, Raidou. I really don't know where I would be right now without you or Eruda helping me. I have been staying with Eruda in her shop. She has proven time and time again that she cares about me." Sam gets to her feet and picks her weapon up, putting it away. "She cares about everyone in the guild even though she doesn't really know them." Sam yawns as she tries to make her point "You and Eruda would make a great couple if it ever came down to it. Just based on facts of what I know about you both, you are one in the same when it comes to leadership and you both would do anything to protect the ones you care for no matter what. Just think about it okay!" Sam smiles as she starts to walk back to Gatsby's place to let him know its complete. Sam was really glad that she got accepted. She knows from this point forward that she was going to be better off.

Edited by Sam

This again, a matter for another time perhaps but now was not the time for such squanders of time. "I do what I must, as should you. Get some rest, Sam." Raidou flourished his steel before returning it to its scabbard. It would no longer be needed, removing his glasses and cleaning them on the shoulder of his robe before returning them to his face. He extricates himself from her prying into the trees, looking for a spot at which to kill time to the next endeavor. He would dig through his menu, scrolling a bit and crossing Sam's name off the list of candidates still awaiting trials. A snap of his book shut it seemed she was the last tonight, but he would pay her the time to discuss with Gatsby before retiring himself. The plants seemed to respond to his parading hand, a glimmer of gold giving way to those worth retrieving but this location had soil so poor it seemed to locate such was going to be difficult.

ID# 153343 results: Craft: 11, Loot: 7+5=12, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Arriving at Gatsby's place she has a conversation with him letting him know that the threat was now forced to data. was excited to know that it was dealt with, thanking her for the speedy services. She smiles from the appreciation and with that her HUD chimes. The quest was completed as she started to walk away and head back toward Eruda's shop to try getting some sleep. Arriving at Eruda shop, opening the door she sees her sitting on her bedroll with a small book. "So Raidou it stubborn" saying to Eruda. Looking up toward Sam she says "What did you do this time?" with a sigh and exhaust to her words. "I just tried to nudge him a little, that's all," Sam replies as Eruda gets up from her bed almost angry. "Why would you do that Sam. We have an understanding and now he is just going to think of me as... Sam, you need to stop with this matter. It is very complicated and you don't understand. Please stop trying to understand" said with eagerness in her voice. Sam didn't know about Eruda's sister yet and it just proved that she really couldn't speak with Sam about anything personally because it would get out of hand quickly. "You can stay here but I am going to sleep elsewhere," Eruda says gathering her stuff and walks out the door. Sam sits on her bed with a frown saying "I'm sorry" under her breath to an empty room again and sits there staring at the door hoping that Eruda would come back but never did.

Eruda sents Raidou a message saying "I'm sorry about Sam. I had no idea" and walks to the warp gate heading to the guild-hall. There she falls asleep at the table hoping that she could get some sleep before needing to meet with her sister in the morning.

Edited by Sam

A ring on his screen brings him from his work, winding down after an evening filled with trials that had been passed. Firm Anima was progressing nicely, all of them fitted to their own specializations now. Looking to the illuminated book in front of his eyes, a squint as he removes his glasses and sets the slip of parchment down. A quickened tap of the keys transpose a message in response:

Do not worry about Sam, I can deal with her fine. Get some rest Eruda, we have many more strides to take before the guild is ready. You'll need your strength and a clear head.

~Raidou

The message is sent off, a pen scratches another segment of scripture from the page. Another step was due to come, but first the Assault Division would need to be prepared. A black book to his side outlines a discussion he had with Shield regarding uniques, information that illuded him prior was now painfully apparent as a source of tipping the scales. But exploiting them was going to be a world of its own, cataloged and put in the correct hands once claimed.

Sam was laying in bed staring at the ceiling now thinking of her previous actions. Thinking out loud to an empty room saying "Maybe Eruda was right, I need to drop this. Eruda has proven time and time again that she can handle herself. I really do hope they at least give it a chance. This game is hell but everyone should have that special someone, including me..." Sam yawn as she was obviously tired but she couldn't get her mind to stop thinking. Her HUD chimes and looking confused she opens the message as it was from Eruda saying:

"I am meeting my sister in the morning. I will be out in the cave that Raidou always gathers in. Please meet Freya at the fountain on the first floor at 7 am and bring her to that cave which I am sure that you have been too."

Eruda

Sam more confused that Eruda was still talking to her after what just happened sends a message back saying "Okay," and with that, she thinks wow Eruda has a sister??? Her HUD chimes as the message was sent off to Eruda.

Edited by Sam

The papers had been coordinated and stored accordingly, adding what little he had wrought between the exams to the guild vaults shelving. Moving a plate that was left from the morning to a wash bin from the table before taking a moment to clean it under the running water. It was calming and proved to hone his thoughts into a finer point.

Maximize damage output

Become ample enough to handle the spawns where I've seen the highest quality materials in hopes it extends to drops

Have Simmone identify them as outlined by Shield in hopes of something to offset the scales further in our favors

The dish is cleaned and set in a strainer to dry, everything was prepared for the followed day. The exhaustion proved a reminder of the time, tomorrow's recurrence of filling the vault would be staggered from this but it was more pressing. Removing his robe and wrapping the shoulders around the chair he frequents, he ascends the stairs and retires to a basic chamber. His hands to his glasses remove them from his face, holding the sides and looking through them in his grasp. "I will set things straight, even if it kills me."

Sam sits up against the wall and pulls her knees and blanket to her chest. Looking around the darkroom she sighs as she causes Eruda to leave and sleep elsewhere. Wondering where she wound up hoping Eruda would be okay for the night. Sam frowns and starts thinking of different housing arrangements. Maybe she could save for a small hut or something, knowing that she had a shop to still make, but she didn't want to be alone. With her friends being gone and not wanting to wear out her welcome with Eruda, she didn't know where else to go. Her mind started to think of others in the guild who might allow her to stay with them. "Simmone seems to like me. Maybe I will ask her tomorrow if I could stay with her or maybe share a shop with her since we are both merchants. This way maybe I can convince myself to stay out of Eruda's and Raidou's business." Sam yawns once more and leans her head against the wall as she starts to finally fade off into the dreamland.