[PP-F1] Bound to meet new people

[Level 5 || 3 EVA || 3 ACC || 4 DMG || Hidden Blade || Assassin's Armor || Strange Sigil || 1 Safeguard || x2 Tier 1 HP Potion]

Akio walked through the town of beginnings as he usually did. His hood was up, obscuring his face. He set his armor's color scheme to blue at the moment since most of the npc's around him were wearing either blue, brown or green clothing, and of course the leather bag he had hanging over his shoulder for storing stolen goods. He'd already took a few things of interest and sold them, and had used the col to purchase some food from an npc. He was told that food made by players, especially in their shops, was a hell of a lot more delicious than the npc foods, but he didn't want to risk becoming well known. The less people who had met him and knew who he was the better. And if that player Hei had taught him anything, it was that he should never ever trust any players on the first day. If he was forced to work with one, he couldn't just open up and tell them about himself or information he knew. And, regarding his orange cursor, he had his cover story: He just stole and got the cursor on a daily basis. At any rate, he was in the middle of eating an apple he purchased when he noticed some of the guards staring at him... Please don't recognize me, please don't recognize me. He kept walking as if he hadn't done anything wrong, but their eyes still stared at him as he approached the gate of the city. Come on, don't throw me out. I'm leaving anyways, don't make this embarrassing for me. Just as he made this silent prayer, he felt two strong hands grab him firmly. Suddenly he stopped walking and just let himself slump to the floor as the dragged him to the gate's entrance. He could feel himself sweating with embarrassment as they yelled stuff about him being a 'criminal' and 'scum' and other things like 'and stay out', 'don't come back'. He even heard the npc's whispering to each other as all this happened. To make the embarrassment worse, they picked him up and threw him out of the town, crashing onto the floor.

Akio lay there for a second or two, a look of embarrassment, frustration, and other emotions on his face. "I WAS ALREADY LEAVING DAMNIT, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT!!!" He sighed and stood up. "Maybe I'll just skip the dagger skill and master hiding first...."

[Iron_Lion]
[DMG:_04//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (100/100)
EN:  [

] (10/10)
XP:  [
                    ] (0/2)

@Teayre

Edited by Iron_Lion

Teayre's Stats for Thread: Level: 57 / HP: 1155 / EN:114 / DMG: 7 (8 if Rank 5) / MIT: 12 / +3(5) LD

The red head was settled in the trees that were a short walk from Starting Town, occasionally her ears twitched at the odd sound that echoed from the town mostly however Teayre was left be. She kept swiping open her menu, then navigating to her friends list, then closing it again. Letting out a small sigh she dropped her hand to her side, before gazing up into the bottom branches of the tree behind her. Clenching the hand into a tight knuckled fist the girl then closes her eyes, a tear starting to form at the corner of it. “Teayre…” She whispers her voice barely louder than the gentle breeze that lifted several strands of her brilliant red hair.

Relaxing her hand the girl swipes her hand down opening her menu before tapping away at it, the clothes and weapon around her shimmer with the crystalline light that was so common in Aincrad. Black cotton fitted to her body loosely somewhat reminiscent of a sailor’s outfit, reaching down she places her hand on a plain black hilt. She brought her hand in front of her face and slowly clenched her fist, leather creaking as she did so. Swallowing the young girl takes a deep breath before then exhaling.

“Right you’ve got this Tea.” She mumbles to herself again pushing herself off the trunk she had been sat on, her ears twitched slightly, Her brow furrowed slightly and then her ears twitched again. Looking to her left Teayre squints before letting out yet another small sigh and shook her head slightly before slowly walking towards the disturbance. Her eyes flicked up at her crystal before she managed to bring them back down to focus on her target. She places one hand on her hip and tuts at the person in a white robe. “Honestly.” She says, “Why bother trying to get into there in the first place?” Her eyes narrowing as she speaks to the small person in front of her, her teeth slightly clenched and then she stopped. “Wait, unless you were trying for -that- place.” Her eyes opened slightly still remaining narrow as she looked directly at the face of the person whom had been kicked out of the Starting Town.

@Iron_Lion

Edited by Teayre

He didn't notice the other player approaching him and jumped with a start, releasing the hidden dagger on his left arm, disconnecting it and holding it in reverse position fast enough where most people would miss the motion and just assume he drew the dagger like normal. He immediately jumped back and held the dagger out to parry or counter attack. There was no way he was ever going to get surprise attacked again by a- His eyes blinked under the hood as he stiffened with surprise. A girl? 'She's only a few years older than me...' Of course, he was wrong, but he had no way of knowing that. Of course, the next thing he noticed was her cursor. His stance stiffened somewhat and his grip on the blade tightened for a moment before flexing and relaxing again. A tight hand around the blade wasn't going to help in a fight. He relaxed his body too to be more adjustable to an attack. Keeping his battle stance he finally registered what she said. "What... Place?" he asked, and then, trying to cover up the fact that he had no idea what the hell he was doing: "You're going to have to be more specific. And who are you?"

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 5]

] (10/10)
                    ] (0/2)

@Teayre

Watching the boy in front of her, she takes her right hand and places it on her scabbard, the thumb pushing the blade out less than an inch. “Who am I?” Teayre chuckles, “That’s a very good question. Perhaps a better one is who are you?” Her eyes dart to the blade, her nostril’s flare briefly before she flexes her left knee briefly. Holding this position for a moment she raises her left hand moving it to the hilt of her weapon she pauses her hand hovering over the blade.

Her eyes lock with the green tinted ones of the child in front of her. “Let’s see you’ve got an orange cursor so you’re either a thief or a murderer. Given that you have just come out of Starting Town, you’re a thief.” Her lips going thin she shakes her head holding her stance a bit, the index finger of her left-hand twitching slightly. “So what did you steal?” As she asked him this she looked around, even though they were just outside starting town there were not many other players around even from the shouting a moment ago.

“For a moment I thought you were someone else, who would have gone to a certain place on this floor that provides the best food in Starting Town.” The corner of her lips flick up for a moment as Teayre breathes in, “Seriously the best, probably in all of Aincrad.” Her left knee bent slightly more, as the red head then straightened up, “I’m not looking for a fight, so tell me who you are thief.” She commanded of him.  “If you do, I’ll share something about myself, after all that’s only fair.” Letting her gauntleted hand drop to her left hand side Teayre removes the right hand from the hilt of her weapon.

@Iron_Lion

His eyes narrowed as she pulled her sword out. Even just an inch was dangerous. 'If someone shows signs of aggression, wait for the right moment to evade and counter or escape if they are far above your skill level.' This player was clearly way above him in terms of levels. There was no fear in her eyes in the slightest. If he entered a fight with her, she'd destroy him within moments. He grit his teeth as he realized the mistake he'd made. Just because he was on the first floor he got careless. 'Never announce your position. Always stick to the shadows.' Sorry mom... I'll avoid making this mistake again. He couldn't fix it now though, he was at this player's mercy. 'If you're at the mercy of someone stronger, follow their instructions until you are free to escape. Survival is most important, even above pride.' Akio lowered his stance, but did not relax. Showing that he was wary, but that he was also aware of the vast gap in strength between them. "Just a player. I've only been active recently, so I'm still new to things." Even if he was at her mercy, he'd rather not give more information than he had to. When she spotted his cursor and started analyzing, he was worried she'd see right through him... But turned out that she had guessed the truth was his cover story before he'd even told her. He blinked once.

"Yeah..." He hesitated, but pulled out one of the apples and held it out to show her. "Food. And some col players wore in pouches. Sometimes items I can sell." With that he put the apple back into his inventory. She started to explain that she assumed he was someone else. This caused mass confusion in him. Was there someone else who looked like him? She then said that she thought he was going to a place which had the best foods ever. There was a spark in his eyes, the spark of child like wonder and curiosity. However it quickly vanished as he stayed focused. "I'd probably never afford it until higher levels then." Now she straightened herself, and commanded him to tell her who he was, presumably his name or username, and that she would then share something about herself. "...My name's Akio." He said, refusing to tell her his username.

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 5]

] (10/10)
                    ] (0/2)

@Teayre

“You’d be surprised, the prices there are reasonable. I‘ll have to see if someone can get me some more at some point.” She mused as she spoke to Akio, Teayre smiled at him before turning around and waving a hand beckoning him to follow her before she strode back to trees she had been at several moments before. Flicking her menu open she looks at her inventory before sighing and swiping it closed again. Placing a hand on a fallen log she spins and sits down on it before leaning her head back she mutters a couple of names under her breath, too quiet to be heard clearly.  “I guess I could do more…” Her eyes flicker shut for a moment as Teayre’s chest rose and fell quickly for a minute or more.

Eventually it began to settle into a more normal rhythm, she opens her eyes and looks over to Akio, “I’m Teayre.” She states bluntly, “Why did you chose to steal items? Especially food, that’s not strictly required in Aincrad.” The crimson maiden stops for a moment her eyes looking over Akio, his face, shoulders, hands, feet before continuing, “Besides basic stuff drops readily from the low levels mobs around here, which judging from how you handled that knife you could easily beat.” She bites her lip for a moment, pausing, linking her hands together as she leans forward resting her elbows on her knees. “So, who are you?”

@Iron_Lion (Sorry it's a bit late)

Edited by Teayre

'....Prices are reasonable, huh?' "...Well, I could check it out I guess... What's the name of this place?" To be frank, Akio loved new things. While he didn't obsess over food, he would never pass down a really good top quality food place. Though from the sounds of it, it was owned by a player not an npc. He wasn't sure how he felt about that... Players he would never trust, not until they've earned it. He'd probably pick food up to go and eat it when he got outside the wall again. Then he'd just eat by a campfire outside his tent... He should probably find a suitable place to establish as his official campsite at some point now that he thought about it... Then the girl turned around and gestured for him to follow her. He hesitated, as he should when dealing with strangers. She could be leading him to a trap... Leading him out of view to kill him in secret. But... At the same time, she could easily chase him down and kill him anyways. He realized what a dangerous situation he was trapped in right now. Whether or not he followed her, he was in just as much danger. Taking a soft gulp, he walked behind her, albeit at a distance.

He watched her sit down and go through her menu before muttering something. Then she closed her eyes and her breathing pace quickened. Akio had NO idea what was going on, so he just sat a good distance from her. Just enough to give him a head start if she charged at him. Only he sat against a tree trunk. Then she told him her name, causing him to blink. Teayre? She followed this up by asking him why he stole stuff. He frowned at her next statement. "Just because players don't need food, doesn't mean the hunger system the game has installed doesn't affect them. Go hungry enough and you can barely move. Even tested it myself." 'Back in the orphanage... Refused food for three weeks before I could barely move anymore..' "As for why I steal items and col, it's cause I don't have the col to buy stuff myself. I only just got to level five, and I've heard stories of players tackling one monster before finding themselves surrounded. Since I'm alone, and so low leveled, I'd rather take the safer option and avoid combat until I know I can handle things like ambushes." When she asked who he was again his expression changed to a pout. "I already told you! My name's Akio and I haven't done anything in SAO until recently so I'm new at all this! If you want more details, the least you could do is be specific when you ask!"

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 5]

] (10/10)
                    ] (0/2)

(No Worries @Teayre

@Teayre

• 2 weeks later...

The corners of Teayre’s lipped turned up as she looked at Akio her eyes closing slightly. “Easy.” She says, watching the boy’s facial expression change. “I’m…” Shaking her head, then swallowing “You’re not in any danger, at the moment.”

Turning away and leaning her head against the tree behind her, the red head’s eyes flutter shut. “How did you come to get that then? No small feat getting a permanent one.” Bending one leg she wraps her arms around it hugging it to the chest as the rays of sun splash through the tree’s foliage landing on her face. Letting out a sigh she begins to rap her knuckles on both hands as they stay interlinked. “Honestly…” She murmurs, before opening her eyes and gazing into the sky of floor 1.

“You can’t get far in this game without taking risks. It’s the only way to progress, no matter who stands in your way.” Spreading her left hand in front of her Teayre stares at the glinting object on her finger. “Or who falls at your side.”

@Iron_Lion

He watched as shook her head, and he even saw her throat swallow before she declared that he wasn't in any real danger. However, even then Akio had his doubts. He sighed and crossed his arms before giving a reply. "You can say that, but this is my first time seeing you or hearing about you. I don't know anything about you, including whether you're a liar or not. And so far all you've done is interrogated me, while all I know is your name and that you're a way higher level than I am. How am I supposed to feel safe and comfortable?" In truth he was terrified on the inside, but he knew that it was important to make it look and sound like you weren't scared, just cautious. 'If you can, keep others from knowing your scared and weak. So long as they aren't aware of it, they can't take advantage of you.' Definitely mom... When she asked how he got his cursor again he was about to give another sharp retort but decided against it and just explained the details. "Not many players know this, because nobody has had to do this, nor has done this, as a green player. But if you commit multiple criminal acts, even if they're minor ones, eventually your cursor turns orange. If you steal over and over again for instance, your cursor will eventually go orange, and stay that way." This was half true. He'd never done it personally, in the sense that he'd never stolen while green, but he had heard from other people stories of those who did get it. Mainly players too scared to go out adventuring, but were not able to live in the town due to bullying.

Then she started telling him that he couldn't play the game without taking risks. How it was the only way to progress in the world, regardless of who stands in your way. Or who falls by your side. To this, he shifted uncomfortably, his thoughts bringing up the memory of that player he killed. "...So, what are you saying? That, killing is fine if it means you progresses? Cause that's what it sounds like your saying..."

@Teayre