[F01|PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> It's Fightin Time

With Zackariahs’ package in hand, Null heads to find the blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf. After a few minutes of searching he finds the building and walks inside to see an older gentleman with a beard hammering away at an anvil.

Lyle: “Oh! Hello there young man! What can I do for ya?” The man says in a powerful tone. Null flinches a little at the volume, but takes out the package.

Null: “Hello sir, I assume you are Mr. Tealeaf? My name is Null, and I have a package from Mr. Zackariah that he requested I bring to you.” 

Lyle: *Laughing* “Ahhaha, perfect! These must be the crafting materials I requested. Thank you young man.” He opens the package and looks facepalming. “Oh darn, I forgot to ask for the boar tusks! Excuse me young man, I seem to be missing some important materials in this box, could I ask you to go out and collect some for me?”

Null: “O-of course sir!”

Spoiler

General

Level: 4 | HP: 80/80 | Energy: 8/8 

Stats

DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0

Skills:

None

Equipment(In use)
Vanity Leather Armor, Vanity Wooden Club

Consumables

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

(5) Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
(1) Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
(1) Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for the remainder of the thread)

Edited by Null

Spoiler

Lvl: 4| HP: 80/80 | Energy: 8/8

Stats:

DMG: 3| EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0

Skills: 

Dagger Rank 1

Equipment: 

Short-sleeved blouse and skirt (light armor) w/ Evasion Enhancement + Steel Dagger w/ damage enchantment [E]

Consumables: 

(5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Lila knocks on the Blacksmith’s door, package in hand as a tall man answers the door. 

Lila: “Mr. Tealeaf, delivery from your favorite potion-maker!” She smiles wide as she hands the package off to him. 

Lyle: “Ah, I suppose Zackariah already realized my mistake. Thank you, young lady. Please, come in.” She shuffled in and noticed a tall, lanky guy off in the corner. 

Lila: “Hey...you’re another player aren’t you? What level are you? You down to fight? I bet I could beat you like 10 times over!” She lightly punches his arm, laughing, but there was a clear air that she wasn’t kidding. “Oh, by the way, Mr. Blacksmith Boulder, Zackariah said you needed some help with fighting some things! And you are ever so lucky enough to have been graced with the best fighter this town has ever known. So, I would love to offer my services to help you out.”

Edited by Lila Bloome

Null looks in a mix of fear and concern for the figure that just walked in the door with this hyperactive energy to her. He looks down at the woman as she is shorter by quite a bit and he says with hesitation. “You… can NOT be real. I am all for people being optimistic but you are just a whole other level.”

Lyle looks at the two and smiles “Well if both of you decide to take on this quest that just means more materials for me! I’m looking for three boar pup tusks from each of you, they’re a drop from the boar pups outside the town. With two of you fighting them it should be way easier than it usually is.”

Null looks at the girl and sighs “Well, I guess if it makes the fighting easier I can handle it.” He holds out his hand to greet her “My name is Null, it’s very nice to meet you, I hope we work well together”

Lila looks down at Null’s hand with a frown. It’s hard at this point to decipher precisely what she’s about to do to this poor, unsuspecting player. Her eyes are cold and steely as her gaze transfers between his gaze and his outstretched hand. 

Lila: “Hmm. I’ll shake your hand once we’ve done what we’ve gotta get done.” She instead goes for his wrist and starts to drag him to the door. “Thanks, Mr. Blacksmith Boulder Man! We’ll get ya what ya need!” With that, she bounds for the door with Null quickly in tow. ‘Hey, if we’re gonna be teaming up, ya gotta learn to keep up with me slowpoke!” Of course, it was hard enough for Null to keep up when he was essentially being dragged by a girl half the size of himself. Through her giggling, she yelled back,  “My name is Lila, by the way, Null!”

While he is being dragged away he yells to Lyle “Yeah what she said!”. He is jogging at a moderate pace to keep up with this odd girl, but there was something about her hyperactivity he found interesting. He stops as she tries dragging him some more.

Null: “We can’t just go rushing in blind for this quest, we need to know where we should go first” With a swipe of his hand he opens his menu to create a party. “Also if we will be fighting together we should create a party” 

He sends Lila an invite and opens the map to show her. “If we want a good chance of finding Boar Pups to fight, we should go where they are most likely to spawn. Which, from what I gathered, is by this lake. That sound good Lila?” He looks at her with a smile, he wants to see how she approaches a combat center quest such as this with that much energy.

She’s panting a little but her eyes are lit up like a kid’s on Christmas morning. 

Lila: “Oh yea, no problem.” After some short explanation from Null about how to move about the menu and how to accept the party invitation, it seemed they were rearing to go. Well, Lila was anyway. It was impossible not to notice how shaky she had become. Her fingers just itched to pull on her blade and get to fighting. ‘We gotta hurry up if we’re gonna get there before other players start cutting down all our prey, huh? I mean, if there are other players doing this quest they’re gonna clear out all the Boar Pups before we even get a shot at them. Man, I love fighting, this is my first fighting quest and I swear I could take down an entire village I AM SO PUMPED!!” Her overexcitement over the act of fighting was almost humorous.

Through his explanation, he tells Lila about how he too is a new player. “This is also my first fighting quest in this game, and while I am excited, I’m also a little scared at the thought of my plan going off the rails.” He giggles softly “It’s just how I am I guess, looking to the future”

He knows she is probably not paying too much attention to what he is saying so he begins to just spout nonsense as a way to learn how quickly the energy will muster. “Well I guess we should probably start headi-... is everything ok Lila?”

He sees Lila begin to shake as she is becoming impatient, Null beginning to feel bad that he may have been taking all of the fun and excitement away from her with his rambling, so with a gentle smile he begins to sprint and yells back “I’ll race ya there!”

Her eyes light up as she watches him take off. 

Lila: “H-Hey no fair!!” She bolts after him, laughing all the while. She soon began to catch up a little bit with him. Soon they made it out to the gates of the city and Null was there waiting for her-since he had beat her there. “I don’t think that was a fair race...You took off before me.” She smiled brightly- clearly joking with him. “But I’d still beat you in a fight.” She pulled her dagger, throwing it up in the air and catching it by the hilt again. “Just you wait- We’ll have to spar to see if we’re gonna be the best party! Can’t have any loose ends!” She sheathes it again and takes a moment to regain her breath. She starts to walk towards the woods again. “C’mon slowpoke, we're going to the lake or what?”

Edited by Lila Bloome

Null chuckles “I guess we will have to spar, viewing yourself so highly means you must be strong so I don’t think a real fight would go in my favor” He begins to follow her to the lake as they push through some bushes. 

At the end of this trail is the lake he spoke of earlier, with two Boar Pups in clear sight. 

“Hey check it out! Found some already, one for each of us. You can finally have your chance to fight.” Looking at the Boars he can see they are alert at the moment so he turns to Lila. “They don’t seem to notice that we’re here right now, so I suggest we wait a little bit until they turn away, so we can catch them off guard without having to worry about them calling in any friends, sound good?” He looks towards Lila with a dumb grin on his face at his quick thinking.

Null may have been talking about some sort of plan, but he didn’t know Lila yet, and she was never one for plans. Without a moment’s hesitation, Lila drew her dagger and rushed towards the Boar Pups. Her eyes locked on her target. She grips tighter onto the dagger’s hilt as she slashes at the Boar Pup’s side, slicing open it’s skin. She watches as it’s health bar instantly decreases by three. She laughs, almost sinisterly and feels her energy decrease slightly as well. 

Lila: “Ha, you think a little tiredness is gonna make a difference? I’m just getting started. Alright ya nasty bugger. I got a friend who needs some of your tusks, so if you don’t mind being good and going down without much hassle, I’d super appreciate it.” She gets into a battle stance, as the Boar Pup turns to her and begins snarling and growling at her, preparing for its own attack.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lila: 
HP: 80/80 
Energy: 7/8 (-1)
Damage: 3

Boar Pup:
HP: 2/5 (-3)

ID#: 153892 BD: 7 MOB: 7

Edited by Lila Bloome

At the end of his explanation with his dumb grin he looks over to see that Lila is gone, she is running, she is attacking the boar pups “… She just completely ignored my plan, that jerk!”

Running towards the same pup Lila attacked Null swings his thick wooden club at the boar, “Guess the plan is changing!” He yells while attacking the monster. After the hit, the boar pup goes to retaliate against Null, but as the monster lunged forward Null fell back from swinging the club too hard, making the boar pup target him. Out of anger it goes for Null but trips over him.

While Null looks over at the boar pup he accidentally tripped, apologizing, the second one runs at Lila and tries to attack her. Null looks and yells “Look out!” but is a little too late at the second boar pup hits Lila. “... Sorry”

Spoiler

Null:

Damage: 1

ID: 153894 Roll: 7

Boar Pup #1:

HP: 1/5 (-1)

ID: 153897 Roll: 1

Boar Pup #2:

HP: 5/5

ID: 153898 Roll: 8

Edited by Null

Lila looks back at Null, wincing as some data spurts from her arm. Those pups had some bite to them, hopefully they don’t actually bite. If this is what their claws could manage, Lila didn’t even wanna know what they’re teeth could do. She didn’t know if she’d have an arm left if these monster’s mouths got too close.  

Lila: “Wow...thank you so much for your incredible timing...Jeez these things are faster than I thought. Well, no matter, we’ll still beat em.” Lila turns to the second Boar Pup, a newfound anger bubbling up in her as she swings for another slice at the Pup’s side. Through her rage and wanting to get revenge for the damage they already inflicted, her vision was blurred and she missed entirely, instead of falling onto the forest floor. She pulls herself back up, panting slightly. “Damn...Null why can’t I hit these things?!”

Spoiler

Lila: 
HP: 77/80 (-3)

Boar Pup 2: 

ID#: 153900 BD: 5

Edited by Lila Bloome

Null looks towards Lila “It’s cause you’re rushing in instead of preparing, watch this!” He rears back for a powerful swing and goes for the attack only to miss completely. “... Don’t watch this, keep doing what you’re doing” Null regains his guard after spinning from the force and weight of his mace. The two boar pups looked really fired up now, and it seems like it’s not gonna get any easier, even though this is a small sidequest fight which will happen a lot more soon.

It’s time for the boar pups to attack again, they keep their same targets with Boar Pup #1 going for Null, charging forward, though Null with his light cowardly footwork jumps over it through it’s charge. “Oh god! That was close!”

The second boar pup is keeping its sights on Lila through another powerful charge closing its eyes to wildly break towards her only to veer off the track and go right past here like he couldn’t even see her… oh wait.

Spoiler

Null:

Energy: 6/8

ID: 153902 Roll: 1

Boar Pup #1:

HP: 1/5

ID: 153903 Roll: 2

Boar Pup #2:

ID: 153904 Roll: 3

Edited by Null

Lila just stares, dumbfounded at this poor Boar Pup that was idiotic enough to close it’s eyes while charging. However, she knew an opportunity when she saw one. She gripped her blade and smiled to herself. 

Lila: “You wanna be a pain? I think it’s time you got knocked down a few pegs.” She jumps for the Pup and digs the dagger deeply into it’s back, pulling back as data spews out. “Ha! Take that you good for nothing monster!” She quickly pulls the dagger out and leaps back to prepare for another blow. A feeling of pride rushes through her again, creating more adrenaline. “Now this is what this game is all about. Being in the moment, fighting monsters and becoming the best! Man, soon we’re both gonna be so high leveled- these things won’t be able to land a single blow on us. We’ll take them out in an instant, right Null?”

Spoiler

Lila: 
HP: 77/80 
Energy: 6/8 (-1)

Boar Pup 2: 

ID#: 153906 BD: 7

Edited by Lila Bloome

As Lila hits the Boar Pup and gives that little speech he chuckles and lightly bursts out “Yeah! You’re gonna be one of the best soon enough, just don’t forget us little people ok?” And with a quick slam onto the first Boar Pups head, its data scattered as it is defeated. Null looks down to see one of its tusks that were left behind, “Huh, looks like I finally got one, cool. This should be easier than expected.”

He turns around to see how Lila is faring against her Boar Pup, as it comes out of the slash she dealt to it in a frenzy just bucking around trying to just hit something, but with no luck as Lila wasn’t even scratched in its little fit of rage.

“Looks like you really messed him up, I kinda feel bad, just take it down already will ya I can’t watch this anymore.”

Spoiler

Null: 

Energy: 6/8

ID: 153907 Battle: 6 Loot: 15

Tusks Collected: 1/3

Boar Pup #1:

HP: 0/5 (DEAD)

Boar Pup #2:

ID: 153909 MOB: 1

Edited by Null

She looks towards him and with a smile, she nods firmly. She looks at the bucking Boar Pup and goes in for the finishing blow, she slices at its face and its data is scattered into the air: Finally defeated. Once the data has finally settled, she doesn’t see any tusk left behind and her pride is quickly diminished. 

Lila: “Oh...I guess I lucked out pretty bad, huh?” She looks back at Null with a sad smile. “Ah, well, seems we’ll just have to keep killing them...Maybe I’ll get a tusk on the next one.” She sits on the ground, a little out of breath and tired from the battle. “Sit with me for a sec, I think we’ve earned it, don’t you?” She pulls her hair to the side to give her skin a moment to breathe and cool down. “What do you think Lyle needs with these Boar Tusks anyway?”

Spoiler

Lila: 
HP: 77/80 
Energy: 5/8 (-1)

Boar Pup 2: 
HP: 0/5 (DEAD)

ID#: 153911 BD: 7

Edited by Lila Bloome

After the second Boar Pup goes down to Lilas’ attack, Null applauds slightly “and this is why you’re the fighter, well done. If we keep this up, it shouldn’t be too long before we find all of the boar pup tusks, even if we don’t have the best luck”

As they sit, Null looks over the lake and drops his club to the ground. “This game may be a life or death situation, but isn’t that just real life? If anything this is just a more interesting version of reality.” He has this very neutral smile while looking out, “If anything this world makes real life seem boring, I sometimes wonder if it’s even worth leaving. But at the same time, I know a lot of people have family and friends outside of this game, and so do I so there’s no point in just sitting around and making them worry you know?”

Lila lightly shrugs, looking out at the lake. 

Lila: “I don’t know. I don’t think it’s worth it to go back. I mean, c’mon, you could become a living God in this reality. Sure, there may be a higher percent chance of death here...but I’d much rather be stuck in this game than go back to a world where you’ll be stuck in a small cubicle filing away papers that no one is going to have the energy to read or care about.” She gets up and goes over the lake’s edge, picking up a small pebble. “Have you ever skipped rocks before? It’s hella fun, and it’ll give us a chance to talk before more Boar Pups spawn in. You can tell me your whole life story since we’ll be partying up.” She smiled and picked up another pebble, holding it out for him. “C’mon, they won’t kill you- Cross my heart.”

Spoiler

Lila: 
HP: 80/80 (+3)
Energy: 5/8 

Null looks over to Lila holding the rock out at him and giggles “I don’t know, that rock may be a terrifying golem in disguise. Therefore we have to get rid of it!” He chucks the rock across the water and gets a few skips in before it splashes under the water. 

His smile fades for a second, “Sorry to say, but I don’t really trust anyone to know my life story, let alone someone I just met. You seem nice, but I’m not sure how long we’re gonna be in a party you know. It just feels best to not get attached, lest they get killed later on.” He faintly lets out a laugh and the small smile returns, “Heh, there I go again looking to the future” 

His eyes are averted as three more Boar Pups start running towards the two to initiate combat. “You feel up for another fight?”

A large grin forms against her face as she looks towards the Boar Pups approaching. 

Lila: “Absolutely. They’re going down.” She draws her dagger, readying for another combat strike. She looks towards the first Boar Pup off to the right side, and she’s immediately found her target. It readies into a battle stance but she notices that it’s a little higher than the other two and with her stature she might be able to dive underneath. She takes a deep breath and rushes for it. She goes for a diving sweep at it’s underbelly but she manages to not get dagger up high enough to make even a single mark on his fur. She quickly gets up and looks at Null, bewildered. “Uhh....Okay they’re going down-but just...in a better way than what I just did. You didn’t see anything! That didn’t happen!” She brushes her hair out her face and looks around to see if there’s any other way she can attack. 

Spoiler

Lila: 
HP: 80/80 (+3)
Energy: 4/8 (-1)

ID#: 154012 BD: 5

Edited by Lila Bloome