[F01|PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> It's Fightin Time

He laughs as she basically just face planted in front of this small Boar “Ok, I know you’re on the shorter side but this is a little much. Why don’t you let me take a whack at it?”

Null grabs his Club once more and prepares to try and attack the same Boar pup Lila just charged at, luckily this shot hit, though not with a ton of damage.

It was time for the three boar pups to do their attacks, the first one was ready to charge at Null but the bash on its head disoriented the creature causing it to miss Null. The second one didn’t fare much better as it bumps into the one trying to hit Null and is pushed away. The third one, seeing an opportunity goes for Null while they are distracted, but Null coward jumps over the little thing.

Null could tell this battle was going to take a while.

Spoiler

Null:

HP: 80/80

Energy: 4/8

Damage: 1

ID: 154013 Roll: 6

Boar Pup #1:

Health: 4/5 (-1)

Damage: 3

ID: 154014 Roll: 4

Boar Pup #2:

Health: 5/5

ID: 154015 Roll: 1

Boar Pup #3:

ID: 154016 Roll: 2

Edited by Null

Lila watches as the second Boar Pup that went to attack Null was pushed away from the group. She took this as the perfect opportunity to make another attack. She ran to slice at the Boar’s back but it barely missed and fully dodged her attack, once again, causing her to slide against the ground. 

Lila” God...Jeez...Alright. I will never fight Boar Pups after this quest. They are so annoying! How are you landing every hit?” She looks around and sees the pebbles by the lake. “Hey, keep their attention on you- okay? I’ll be right back!” Lila wasn’t entirely sure what she was planning, but considering both of them were running out of energy and she wasn’t landing a single attack- it was time to move on to some more creative thinking. She ripped open her satchel and starts throwing rock and pebbles into it as fast she could, looking back to make sure no Pups attempted to jump her.

Spoiler

Lila: 
Energy: 3/8 (-1)

ID#: 154017 BD: 1

Edited by Lila Bloome

Null can see Lila is getting tired of this fight, so Null tries to do something, but sadly fails as he swings his club causing him to swing off his course towards the ground. Now Null was also starting to get irritated, they probably should have waited to regain their energy to make the fight easier for them, but beggars can’t be choosers.

With the boars turn once more upon them, the first boar went for Null, but his trusty cowards jump once again saved the day. When the second boar attacked, they charged towards Lila, who just tried to attack them. With the final boar ready to charge, Null just straight up went Mario on the poor piglet, that’s right, COWARD JUMP. With very little energy left, they didn’t seem to have much of a choice but to run. It was a little embarrassing to just run from the weakest monsters in the game, but they wouldn’t be able to hit them otherwise.

Spoiler

Null:

Energy: 3/8

ID: 154018 Roll: 3

Boar Pup #1:

Health: 4/5 (-1)

ID: 154019 Roll: 2

Boar Pup #2:

ID: 154020 Roll: 10

Boar Pup #3:

ID: 154021 Roll: 4

Edited by Null

Lila sees the Boar Pup charging at her from the group. She manages to grab her satchel and as she dives to get out of the way, one of the Boar’s tusks scraps into her shoulder. However, this didn’t deter the Boar from it’s charge. With all its momentum still at its peak, it barreled straight into the lake, even more irritated than before. Lila takes the chance to book it out of the clearing. Her satchel clutched to her chest as fatigue started to set in. 

Lila: “Damn...damn…” She looks back and sees Null still in the thick of it. She didn’t think that trying to go back in would do any good but she felt so guilty at the thought of leaving him behind. She looks around and sees an easily climbable tree. “This’ll do for now.” She pulls herself up to sit on one of the branches, holding out for Null.

Spoiler

Lila: 
Energy: 3/8 (-1)

ID#: 154023 LD: 13 (+2) (Low Hate)

Edited by Lila Bloome

Seeing that he was now one against a group of three boar pups with one energy to hit each, and doing basically nothing from that he decides that now is the time for a tactical retreat. Even as a low-level quest, he knows that there is no chance of him doing anything with no energy to hit them back, he would just be taking the hits for nothing. 

Sadly, the Boars can see the gears turning as the one came out of the lake and all three are surrounding him as if it were some sort of epic standoff against these level one pigs. 

Null points their attention towards another side by yelling to the distance “about time you showed up”, as all three boars looked away he left them with two middle fingers and a cloud of dust as he now gained distance away to where they seem to have lost him, jumping into the tree with Lila.

Tusks Collected: [1/3]

Spoiler

Null:

Energy: 3/8

ID: 154027 Roll: 16

Edited by Null

Lila laughed as Null jumped into the tree beside her. 

Lila: “I gotta be honest champ, that was a weak escape measure, however surprisingly effective.” She lightly nudged his arm, sighing in relief. “So, now that both of our pride’s have been shot to dust and ashes...What do we do now? Just wait it out?” She kicked her feet back and forth in the air, letting the air rush between her legs. “Ya sure you ain’t up to tell your life story? It’ll pass the time considering we gotta wait for our energy to kick back into high gear. Might be worth sharing some quality time with your new partner. I think we’ve worked fairly well together thus far...and it’d be safer for us to team up than to just go our separate ways. Things are only gonna get harder after this- and I may not land every hit- but I sure as heck do a lot more damage than you do champ. Not that that’s a bad thing- I’ve just had a little more practice with my blade. I could be the brawn to your brains- ya know?”

“Honestly, we are party members and that’s it. Sorry to come off as rude but this is a game where you can’t have others constantly rushing in head first without the slightest hint of a plan. I’m looking to survive this game, and even if I don’t hit hard I can do it on my own with a good plan.” He lays on his branch looking into the trees and watching the leaves blow.

“The only reason I teamed up with you now is because of my low damage and being in such an early stage leaves little for planning, especially with all of these open fields. I have nothing against you, you seem really nice, and while a little much your childish attitude can be quite charming. Though this has evolved beyond a game you can talk about on the playground.” He closes his eyes and begins to think to himself.

Her face turned the slightest shade of red. She huffed back, leaning against the trunk of the tree, facing away from Null. She would never say it out loud, but she was a little hurt. Back home, she was the kid sister. Always too loud, always too much - and deep down she really just wanted to be Null’s friend. He seemed nice enough- even if a bit uptight about plans and taking things slow. She took her dagger out and began carving at the tree. At first, she didn’t make any clear markings or obvious symbols, but she carved out her and her brother’s initials. She smiled at it for a moment, before her anger overcame her again and she quickly scratched it out. There was so much silence all of a sudden, and she despised it. Yet, she didn’t know what to say to him at this point. She hoped that maybe he’d be more apt to team up with her once they pulled out all the Boar Tusks...that is, if she didn’t scare him away in the process.

Hearing the carving on the tree, Null looks around and sees her carve the same and scratching it away. He looks to her “Someone back home, or someone lost here?”, he looks at her like he wants to sympathize with her about the situation of being trapped. 

His dumb smile returns, “Think of it this way, maybe a few levels up you can form your own party, hell maybe even a guild. With a following on your side you should have no problem, then I’ll just be a lost memory as you breeze through to freedom.”

Null looks back down towards the three boar pups they left as they circle around the area as if they are defending it from something, probably them. “You feeling up to trying again? Now that we’ve recovered energy, running low shouldn’t be a problem.” He’s obviously trying to change the subject, he isn’t great at talking to or reasoning with others.