[PP-F5] Trouble in the Sands <<Blood in the Sand>>

Dazlea was told that what she intended was the one thing Krysta hadn't tried, due to being a rapier user. "Well, to each their own, who am I to judge?" She would prepare to make her attempt...but there were no keys in sight. "He must have the keys with him...clever." She looked over to Krysta as to ask if she had any other suggestions for escape plans, but when she turned around, Krysta was falling onto her side. "Krysta, are you alright?" She looked around the cell's environment, and saw the food and water still there, undisturbed by anything. She couldn't believe that Krysta was going to lengths like those, all because she distrusted her captor, despite that it was absolutely understandable. "Hang in there...you can't go on without having something..." She said as she grabbed one of the two glasses of water, hoping to help Krysta out in some way...

Vigilon saw how the monster was unwilling to move, so all that was left was to finish it off. He punched it, and it would shatter. He then looked ahead, ready to continue. He would continue his advance to his intended destination. He would come across a fork in the path, the sandy ground divided by huge rocks that would be difficult to climb. He chose the path on the right, simply because he felt like it. After all, it may have been a fork in the path, but it was still on the left side of the path he was to be walking on. He continued on, dusk was upon him, and he would spot a player in the distance, heading over to a...bunch of rocks with a door...was this the hidden building? Could it be the right one?

ID# 155958 BD: 8+1=9(hit), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG, Refreshed Poison!)

}Poison Damage: Vigilon takes 6 DMG{

Vigilon:  HP 702/740EN 58/84 | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | PAR | T2 BLD }Poisoned: 3 turns, 6 DMG{

Enemies:

Toxic Scorpion 3: HP 0/100, 30 DMG, Envenom: Inflicts poison on MD 9-10 DEAD

Edited by Vigilon

Faith...the word lingered within Krysta's mind. When she came to, Dazlea would be trying to give her water. She was about to reject it, as it was still from the provisions from the player she distrusted, but her mouth would open and Dazlea would give her the water. Krysta considered spitting it out, but nothing seemed off about it. In the end, she accepted the water.

"This...this had better not bring me to a state in which I do nothing... I refuse to be helpless..." She remarked as she started to get back up. "I refuse to simply stand around, doing nothing. There must be something we can do..." She pondered. But what could she do? She had indeed done everything she could physically attempt as to escape, so then what could possibly work now that she hadn't tried? "Are there any thoughts for a plan of escape coming to your mind, Dazlea?" She asked.

"I have a few, but we can narrow down the options...what have you tried so far?" Dazlea asked Krysta.

Meanwhile, Vigilon would slowly make his way over to the door, and the player in front of it would knock on the door three times, once per second. The door would open, and the player would enter and close the door. Vigilon walked over to the door and put his ear up to it. He could hear some faint conversation, but while it was somewhat difficult for him to hear any of the conversation at all, he was able to confirm to himself that this might have been the place, or at least a lead. He quickly moved to the side of the stone that the place was hollowed out from, and accessed his messenger.

To: Akudo

Subject: Dire situation

I think I found the place. Can you let me know when you're in a safe zone, ready to bind up whoever shows up? If you can, be sure to let me know where so I can properly set the coordinates for a Corridor Crystal.

-Vigilon

After about five minutes, he would receive a response.

To: Vigilon:

Subject: Dire situation

I came up empty on my end, so I'm back in Fortaleza. Good luck, dude.

-Akudo

He closed the messenger, and saw something by his feet, he dusted off the sand coating, but it was just a rock. now all that was left was to wait for the opportune moment to strike, assuming he hadn't been heard-

He would hear the door open. This couldn't be good, if he ended up getting spotted. He had time, but the clock was definitely ticking.

As this was going on, the cloaked player would return to the underground room with the cells. He would see that not much had changed, but when he looked closely at the door to Krysta's cell, there were minor signs of having been slammed against by something. "Hm, tried to escape, did you? I'm not surprised...but I don't blame you either." He said to Krysta. He then looked to all of the cells. "Also, fair warning, all of you, my client is here. Depending on how the scenario plays out, you might actually get out without any issues. Even I can only hope..." He noted before he began to walk toward the stairs.

ID# 156108 LD: 4+2=6(no treasure chest found REEEEEEEEEE)

Edited by Vigilon

"I have tried to get the captor to confess to any possible or potential crimes, but he had a decent comeback. I tried to use hair pins to manipulate the lock, but I need the picking skill for that. I tried using a vanity shield as a battering ram against the cell door, but it stood firm, and the shield was lost." Krysta answered. "I'll admit, I didn't see many options..." The cloaked player would return to the room, and take notice that Krysta had indeed tried to escape. "And why would I not, hmm? I would rather be free from this infernal cell and any potential crimes that await, than submit to the ill will of another!" She responded. The cloaked player would warn the captured players that his client had arrived, and that, if the scenario plays out correctly, that they would all be free, probably from whatever awaited...but this must be a false hope.

Vigilon would wait to see if anything happened, remaining still and silent. "Thought I heard something...maybe it was just the shifting sand...or more likely, a monster passing by..." A voice said. When the door closed, Vigilon would make his way to the door. He had to do something, and fast... "Now's my chance...no, not yet, just... a few minutes."

Dazlea's expression would signal to Krysta that she was now out of options. The cloaked player stopped in his tracks. "...I understand...just..." His voice would trail off, and the players would hear the sound of the door opening. "So the job's really been done, then? Let me see, Everus." A different voice said. The owner of the voice, another cloaked player, came down the stairs. He would take the hood of his cloak off, revealing the face of a male player, his cursor being orange. He would then look around the room, seeing all of the captured female players, who all looked very concerned. "Well, I'll admit, there was one in particular I would have given you a bonus for the capture of, but...well, this is still quite the bouquet of flowers you've found...I must be feeling generous, as this is a better result than any of us have tried within three days...I'll give you the bonus." He explained. The first cloaked player, now revealed to have the username Everus, said nothing in response, but simply had a look on his face. "Well...I guess it's a good thing I brought multiple Corridor Crystals. Might I add, with results like these, you could really get yourself set for life in the Scavengers' League. Sure, it'll take unusual tasks like these every once in a while, but hey, you do the work, you walk away rich." The second cloaked player noted as he pulled out two items. A Corridor Crystal in his left hand, and a sack of col in his right hand.

Dazlea appeared to be out of options...this wasn't good. Another cloaked player would arrive at the scene, revealing the captor's username to be Everus. Krysta didn't like where this was going. After this other player had made his little explanation, and taken out a corridor crystal, as well as a sack of col... "That's it," She thought. "At last, another plan of action before having to simply wait for a rescue...I can possibly increase our chances at becoming free....If what Everus has been saying was true all this time, then perhaps opening up that col sack should do the trick." She would check her inventory, and then she would use the equip system to make as little noise as possible when getting out her weapon. She would slowly move her weapon trough the space between the bars, until her arm was sticking out of the cell. She would wait for an opportunity, and then swing her weapon, as to cut into the col sack for all of its contents to spill out, assuming that would actually work.

The cloaked player was about to speak to Everus again, when the sound of a sack ripping could be heard. He looked to see that Krysta had sliced the sack open, causing the sack to shatter, and the col to simply fall as if it were about 18,000 small metal items falling onto the floor. The cloaked player laughed. "Ah, how adorable...I know that you don't trust me, you probably think I'm going to take you all someplace that you'll hate...but it's actually a very nice place to stay. Some of the people we've found have become our allies, and not simply because of charisma or anything... Well, point is, I'm here to make sure you ladies get to your destination safely, all with a small handful of corridor crystals. Now then, there's no need to be worried, though I won't judge if you still are...despite that you'll be going, whether you like it or not. Sorry about that, by the way..." He explained. Dazlea pulled out her weapon. "And what makes you think we'll go willingly?" She questioned, as to threaten him.

There would be sounds of crashing nearby, followed by one voice roaring out as it drew closer. Vigilon appeared at the scene, and went straight to tackling the nearest orange player...the cloaked one who had yet to give his name. He would punch him in the face repeatedly. "I'll teach you to mess with my girlfriend!!!" He called out as he did so.

Everus would quickly unlock Krysta's cell, freeing Krysta and Dazlea. He would then take position to guard the other cells...for he figured that if Krysta's angry boyfriend could get here on his own like this, that he could handle himself and even protect those who Everus had just freed.

Krysta's actions were close, but it did nothing so far. The cloaked player laughed, and made some claims to "reassure" the captured players. Dazlea pulled out her weapon and stood her ground. Krysta would follow suit. "I shan't submit to the likes of you! The only way you will ever succeed is by force...and we outnumber you one to four!" She declared. This would be the moment when Vigilon would arrive, and he would immediately proceed to tackling and attacking the player who came to take the captured players away. Everus would open the door to Krysta's cell, freeing her and Dazlea...but what if this was a trick? Only one way to find out. Krysta readied herself to fight the cloaked player if need be. "Vigilon and I have our foe cornered, Dazlea. Retrieve the keys and prepare to free the other victims!" Krysta called out. Now she simply had to wait before taking action. It could go any way from here.

If there was one thing that the cloaked player never expected, it was for everyone, including a new arrival, to suddenly become his enemy...or maybe they all saw him as an enemy and acted as such. Either way, he was not having a good day. "Alright, when did this turn into some kind of- Aggh! Get- get off me, boy! AAAAGGHH!! Le- leggo ov mah throat!"

After a series of attacks had hit him, Vigilon picked him up, just in time for Krysta to add a few attacks of her own, if she was interested. He held the player in place. "You want to add anything before I send him off?" He asked, holding the player with his right hand, and holding the corridor crystal the player had dropped in his left hand. Should Krysta attack, he would jump back as to not get caught in the crossfire. It was Krysta's turn now... He glanced over to the original kidnapper, who was...opening the doors of the other cells? Vigilon would notice that all of the kidnapped players were female...and now he was really pissed off.

Everus was releasing the other players, so hopefully this was an honest action, rather than a sudden setup. Vigilon would continue to fight the cloaked player, before picking him up, and holding him in place in case Krysta was willing to contribute... "Certainly." She answered Vigilon. She looked to the cloaked player angrily, and she would strike with a flurry of attacks, and finish with something that would definitely cause phantom pain at the very least, an imagined pain, being perceived, but not actually there. She would swiftly kick the cloaked player in the...area. "Perhaps that will teach you some manners." Krysta huffed. "There, he's all yours to send off, Alex." She stated. Now all that would be left at this rate was to know if Everus's words were true. She would glance over to him, ready to take any further action if necessary. Even if he was to be hostile after all, he was still outnumbered.

Vigilon and Everus winced when Krysta kicked the cloaked player in the nuts. The cloaked player, indeed was struck with imagined pain, probably from the contact, as well as the mind anticipating pain. He shouldn't have felt pain, but he was clearly dumb enough to do so, as he crumpled to the ground, holding his hands over the spot Krysta had kicked. Vigilon decided to pull off the capture now before the realization kicked in. "Fortaleza." He spoke into the Corridor crystal. When the portal opened, He picked the player up, and tossed him in it, and it would close after a few seconds.

Everus nodded his head. "...I know, I know...I've got some apologizing to do...but first..." He pulled out a corridor crystal, and tossed it over to Krysta. There would be a slip of paper wrapped around it, the name of a location on it. "If you ever want to take the fight to them, assuming you're strong enough, even if you have to bring a few allies along with you...know that you have the means to reach your new enemy...I, on the other hand, will be finding different jobs to do in order to save someone..." He explained. "You there..." He said as he looked to Vigilon. "I know I've made some mistakes in the past...and you're probably still ticked off, which I wouldn't judge you for...but would you be willing to forgive a forsaken? If not now, I don't mind."

Vigilon blinked a few times in confusion. "Is this some kind of peace offering? You literally kidnapped eight women." He pointed out. Everus shrugged. "When someone you care about is in danger, you're willing to do anything for them, even if it means doing the ugly things no one else will do...right? Well, that's what was going on here. I just didn't see many available options to go with, so I chose the most lucrative one...speaking of which, the payment is still all over the floor...and it's just what I need to pay off my new enemy...I've learned the hard way that I'm not nearly powerful enough to take him down, so I'm doing what I can." He explained. Vigilon took a deep breath. "Alright...I understand...just...don't do anything like this again. I hope you don't mind me keeping an eye on you for at least a bit...now let's try cleaning up this mess, and getting everyone back to the safe zones..."

Summary:

Vigilon Receives: 5 SP, 200 Col(1 page completed, 1 Quarantine SP Bonus, Quest completed), and <<Sand Armor Potion>>

Krysta Receives: 2 SP, 200 Col(1 page completed, 1 Quarantine SP Bonus), and <<Sand Armor Potion>>

Edited by Vigilon