[PP-F03] <<Treant Rivalries>> Hazy Memories In The Midst of War

It was a really weird situation. A war broke out on floor three between the treants and the elves. Crozeph was pretty much sure on what side to pick, the treants. He slept on trees and grass and this was the only way for him to thank all the trees that gave him a safe place to take naps. The elves however was a different story, they were distrustful of humans and Crozeph would only cause trouble if he joins their ranks. Now he wasn't sure if fighting as their champion would work but with his current build, he can pretty much take on a good number of soldiers to minimize the casualties of the treants.

His next objective was to meet a certain person from their guild, a guy named Claim. Crozeph had this gut feeling that he knew the guy and the most alarming thing for him was that his memories of him were pretty hazy. Has it been that long? it's just a few years and it was a bit of a stretch if he already forgot him. He had already sent the message to Claim before he could arrive to the battlefield. There was tension between two factions but no battle has been started yet. He wasn't sure if this as the first clash but for now, he'll hold out until Claim can arrive, he had questions and Claim might be able to help him clear up the haze in his memories.

40682749_statpic.jpg.1eb411181167d05bf990d782a549be42.jpg

Crozeph [Level 43]
  | HP: 880/880 | EN: 86/86
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 48
  | FREEZE +1 | RECOVERY +2 | 

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Rare]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +2
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble +1 EVA +1 Life-Mending
  • x2 T2 Perfect Fiery Dragon Roll [MIT]
  • x2 T2 Rare Udon Bowl +2 ACC
  • x2 T2 Rare Mochi +2 LD
  • x2 T2 Rare Ramen Bowl +2 EVA 
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/5

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Finesse R3 Precision 
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 3/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 0

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Claim would stretch as he rolled out of bed the cold air in the room would hit his pale skin and wake him up. The made his was over to his armor his ice blue eyes would look of the two sets he got a message from and old friend Crozeph. He would lightly read the message " Ok " Claim would pick up the Knight armor set and put it on  He grab his Clay more and put it over his back he made his way over to his gauntlets and put them on as well. He look at the items that were next to his arm as he picked up the Hp recover and would put it in a small pouch on his left side. He then grabbed the Yui grace and put it in the next pouch then the 5 Hp crystals. He would teleport to the 3 floor and made his way to the cord nets in the message 

As slowly made his way out on the 3 floor he would take out the Yui grace and brake it He need all the sp he could get. HE would walk up next to Crozeph and smile " Nice to see you again" He bowed to him. 

Stats 

Spoiler

Level

Level
Health
Energy
Acc

Dmg
Mit
Vamp
Bleed

Throns
Eno
H B

The Black Thorn
2HSS

Mystic Blades
2 DMG | 1 BLD

Kinght Armor      
1 TN | 1 Eno| 1 Hb

Gauntlet Guardian Angel

Wild Rose Forge
1 MIT | 2 Vamp              1

2H Straight Sword
Journeyman               3              23 27  
  Heavy Armor Journeyman 3 23 27  
  Disguise Rank 1        
weapon Finess Rank 1 5 eneger cost - 1    

House buffs        
Energy - 1            
Tasty
Turn 2 food to 4

Training 1 sp to thread          
Filling 1 + tier food          
Relaxed Health regin 5 * tier 2 ene        
Col stash 5% to loot          
Working 2 xp crafts          

Items use 

Spoiler

Yuis grace +1 sp

It was obvious, Claim knew him with his greeting but Crozeph couldn't remember where they met. The tension in the battlefield was growing stronger but it would be over quickly once the two of them join the fray supporting the treants cause. The treants moved slowly and unlike the elves, they lack formation but with their thick trunks and barks of their body, an arrow or two is not that fatal. It was not starting yet but the armies are already moving, there might be a little talk between the kings of both sides and work things out to avoid bloodshed.

"It's nice to meet you again too," he told Claim. "It's quite funny though because I know you but  I can't remember when and where" he looked at the armies slowly approaching each other "it felt similar to this but with all the messed-up things that happened and I wanted to forget, I might have included other people in it," he told him. Soon the two armies with being closer than before and with that, their conversation might be put on a stop for a while.

He looked out to the arms that were move to each other then back over to Crozeph " The last we meet i was high level than you no by much but now look at you you more that twice mine "" The laughed a bit " Over the years I've tried to drink and sleep off wait all happened back then but for the most part were still hear deferentially would like to catch up after this"  He would un sheaths the cay more from his back. If Crozeph  could remember what claim was back in the day. The clay more would be something new. As his icy soulless blue eyes look at the two  arms " So what side will we be fight for " He was ready to follow and old friend in to the fight. He trusted what side Crozeph pick. A devils smile would come across claim face as he loved to fight and he need to grind out some sp he he was going to try and get to Crozeph level again. 

611286342_Elvishrivalries1.png.751d8d6e09f421b262f3d8deb61becb1.png

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 79/86 (-11+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim

Mobs

• Elvish Soldier #1 I HP: 65/65 (-90) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #2 I HP: 65/65 (-90)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #3 I HP: 65/65 (-90)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #4 I HP: 65/65 (-90)I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30

Crozeph made a faint smile as Claim told his side "yeah I already thought it was way back, I guess playing the took a toll on you too" he told him. As he looked at the armies, A memory of him with Claim, Destiny, and someone else emerged. A fragment as one would say, it lacked context but he knew Claim was there. "Tempest Lost, that must be it," he thought. He had a fair share of good memories from the guild but also while he was in their wing, that incident happened. Crozeph didn't want to preoccupy his mind with it, they're in Jacob's ladder now and that's what matters.

"We'll be siding with Nature for this, help the treants gain a portion of their land" he unsheathed his katana "I could try to take on three of them and if they all die, you try to hit another one of them. If that doesn't work we can stay together with backs to each other, I'm not that good with armies this large" he told Claim. Crozeph charged forward making sure Claim doesn't jump into a thicker part of the fight, it would be a mess if a commander showed up. 

Four soldiers emerged from their formation while the other held the treants back. He raised his katana and aimed for an AoE, that should level their health down fast enough. Four soldiers rushed as soon as they Crozeph and Claim but Crozeph already moved towards them. Two soldiers got cut at the neck and then two spinning cuts struck the four of them. The elves shattered and it caught the attention of a commander and two of its soldiers "here they go Claim, pick one or pick them all" he told him.

Mobs approaching

• Elvish Soldier #5 I HP: 65/65 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #6 I HP: 65/65 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Commander I HP: 100/100 I DMG: 20 I MIT: 55
Edited by Crozeph

Claim look at Crozeph as he just Cleared off 4 of them as if they were nothing to him. He would shake his head as he new he did have that much damage under him. HE looked at the elves that were coming up as he gripped the hilt of the cay more and would swing it at the elf's as the shock wave would hit but they would barley feel a thing as there armor mit was high Claim feel like an ant but at lest the the bleed was able to hit two of the three targets it seemed like the only way he was going to do damage to the elves was through the dot damage he had on his armor. He waited for the, to start doing damage to him just to see if he could out heal there damage. He would get read for the next turn.

image.png.6a8ec3ad6565df18699a52bafbcb0e56.png

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 79/86 (-11+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 37/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6  

Dmg 12*2 22-30= 1 

• Elvish Soldier #5 I HP: 65/65 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #6 I HP: 64/65 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30  Bleed 2/2
  • Elvish Commander I HP: 99/100 I DMG: 20 I MIT: 55 Bleed 2/2 
Edited by claim

1908426397_Elvishrivalries2.png.bf526c2163e03f0ce8b4f544e3fff851.png

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 72/86 (-11+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 37/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Mobs

• Elvish Soldier #5 I HP: 65/65 (-106) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #6 I HP: 64/65(-90 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30  Bleed 2/2
  • Elvish Commander I HP: 9/100 (-90) I DMG: 20 I MIT: 55 Bleed 2/2 ID: 156346 I MD: 2 Fail

Crozeph could've sworn that Claim was someone who had a vampiric enhancement back hen he was around level 15 or something. He moved forward with another AoE and struck the soldier with his two slashes. Ice formed and jutted out of the cut he made killing off the soldier, the freeze effect might have been a bit of overkill. The next two spin was able to deal a fatal blow to the commander making its HP drop so low they could leave him behind while the other soldier the commander has shattered after taking two hits from his spin.

"You can finish that one, next we're headed for the king," he told Claim. It would be much more complicated if Crozeph didn't hit them. For now, he can do all the damage and make the battle easier to finish. He can make it faster if only the mitigation of these soldiers were a bit lower.

Edited by Crozeph

See as his first attack only did one damage to them before he look at the elf commander and smiled a bit " Wait look we can talk this out? " Claim wouldn't  have to attack this round as the bleed that was going to kick in this turn. He would shake his head a bit as the lower sword arts didn't do much damage  so  he tried out a high sword art he rush up to the commander aim for the commander waist the edge of the blade hit the commanders waist and stop a bit as it hit the  elf armor but slowly started to cut throw as claim put more presser on the blade. The blade would finally exit the other side of the commanders waist.  Claim would look up at the elf as it raid it weapon up about it head and would take a swing at claim but before the blade hit claim it would burst in to fragments. He would let out a small sigh as he look back at Crozeph. and smiled " That could of hurt."   

image.thumb.png.36ccfe94a7abaa29aaabeebe5bab975d.png

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 72/86 (-11+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 29/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Dmg 12 *6 72 -55 Bleed 12 = 29

Mobs

• Elvish Soldier #5 I HP: 65/65 (-106) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30
  • Elvish Soldier #6 I HP: 64/65(-90 I DMG: 15 I MIT: 30  Bleed 2/2
  • Elvish Commander I HP: 9/100 (-90) I DMG: 20 I MIT: 55 Bleed 1/2 
  • ID: 156476
  • BD: 9 success
  • Crozeph dealt 15 + 1 critical x 11 Iai = 176 - 75 = 101 damage to Elvish King

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 68/86 (-8+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 29/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Mob 

• Elvish King HP: 49/150 I DMG: 25 I MIT: 75 [FRZ]

The king made himself visible as soon as the soldiers and commander. A big mistake, it's worse than painting himself a target for Crozeph "let's get that one" he told Claim. As Claim moved closer to the king, Crozeph thought of a good way to use the opportunity. The battle was already on their side pretty quick, it can also be a better way for the two of them to talk after the battle. The treants continue to advance with every soldier that fell and the morale of the elves dropping after Crozeph killed the commander.

He attacked the king without hesitation, unsheathing and putting it back to place in one motion. The attack cause one spike of ice to form and stab the king by the right shoulder "my debuff kick in, Claim attack the king!" he uttered while looking around to make sure they don't get attacked from behind.

Edited by Crozeph

Claim look at the elf king with the devils grin on his face as he was ready to see what kind of damage this mob would do. The enchantments on his armor haven't been able to kick in just yet. The bleed at was on his Claymore was able to be seen but not the vamp or holy blessing which on other quest have show to be helpful but he wanted to see how it would stack against higher mob he didn't want to trash the build that hes had from almost lvl 3 he had seen one other with the build and got a chance to pvp with him. When he heard that player had committed suicide put claim in a dark place. But seeing old friend seemed to help him get back to normal. 

He run up next to Crozeph As he lifted the Claymore  up between him and the King  He would take a deep breath in and out as he got ready for the next phase of the fight. He rushed up to the king as he swings the blade at it the blade would just fall short of the Elvish king as he would take a few steps back to put som space between him and the King he light out a small sight. 

image.png.87695d3c2365668c1ccbc46d78ad7deb.png

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 68/86 (-8+4) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 28/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Mob 

•  Elvish King HP: 49/150 I DMG: 25 I MIT: 75 [FRZ] [stun]
Edited by claim
  • ID:156573
  • BD: 1 critical fail

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 66/86 (-2) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 28/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Mob 

• Elvish King HP: 49/150 I DMG: 25 I MIT: 75 ID: 156574 BD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

Claim missed or rather failed to land an attack, the king is too prepared to face them. The throngs of both armies were enough for Crozeph to hesitate his attack. One wrong swing and he'll cut down one of the treants instead of the elves which would spell trouble for them. "I need a better place to do an attack," he thought. Crozeph quickly moved nearer to the target and made a stance resembling Iaijutsu. If he could land the strike good enough then the king will die.nd their quest will be done sooner than expected.

And that was an expectation he won't have...

Crozeph's Iai also missed, the battlefield is turning into a cluster of different happenings that he can't keep up with it all "damn it"  he uttered with disdain. Now it' up to Claim to land a blow to kill it or weaken the king for them.

Edited by Crozeph

Claim would rush up to the elvish king as he swing his blade at the king. His claymore  would hit the elvish armor the force of the hit would send claim sliding back six feet he look at the king and was shock as the blade didn't even cut through the armor that was the strongest sword art he had a red line would show up on the armor were claims sword had hit as it put the bleed debuff on the king elf if claim could only do one point of damage  the was no point in wasting was energy he had left would have to attack normal and hope that Crozeph would kill the thing or the dot that he could place on it would do most the damage for claim. " This blows it like i'm just tickling this thing " He look back at Crozeph as he was up next and the only one that could get past it armor. He rolled his shoulders a bit as he shock his head.

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
156594 8 1 9 4 Claim Msg_hover2.png Fight Blade elvish king 2020-06-30 21:49:28

Dmg 10*6 60 

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 66/86 (-2) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 21/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Mob 

• Elvish King HP: 48/150 I DMG: 25 I MIT: 75  Bleed 2/2 [Stun]
Edited by claim
  • ID: 156960
  • BD: 5 + 4 = 9 success
  • Crozeph dealt 15 x 11 Iai = 165 - 75 = 90 damage to Elvish King

Stats

• Crozeph I HP: 880/880 I EN: 58/86 (-8) I DMG: 15 I MIT: 48 I ACC: 4 I EVA: 1 I FRZ: 1 I REC: 2
  • Claim Hp 400/ 400 | EN 21/40 | Dmg 9 | Mit 27 | Vamp 42 | Holy Blessing 8 | Bleed 12 | Thorn 9 | Eno 6

Mob 

• Elvish King HP: 48/150 I DMG: 25 I MIT: 75  Bleed 2/2 [Stun]

Playtime's over, The king has exhausted whatever advantages he had taken as now Crozeph and Claim would take victory that is a few inches away. The treants are rampaging the battlefield and crushing the defenses of the elves while Crozep and Claim stood before the king "I'm guessing there won't be any last words" he uttered to which the king replied by spitting to the ground with such disdain.

Crozeph made a Iaijutsu stance again but this time much closer to the king who raised his longsword "too slow with that kind of sword" he said before making a quick slash at the neck of the king and sheathing his katana back. The king shattered into fragments of data and the treants gave a cry of victory while the elves scattered along with their morale "looks like the quest is done" he said before taking in a deep breath time for celebration."

Edited by Crozeph

Claim would sheath The caymore on his back as he look back a Crozeph. He was the one would did most the work. For him self celebration would be killing more mob. But i would be nice to have a drink for once that wasn't a health potion as those thing tasted like old Gatorade. He did need to go on a grind and level some once they were done here. "Well look like you kill it with easy"  As he stood there he rolled his ankles as well as his shoulders. The last hit he had made on the elf king felt like hitting a metal walk on his joints. Maybe it was from not doing anything for so long or the face that he was getting old. He cracked his knuckles as he thought about the armor he was going to get once he got in to tier 2 he was going for a dps tank build.

Edited by claim

Crozeph scratched his head while the Treants began returning to their home, they didn't loot the dead elves or rather what remained of them, there was no reason to, they just wanted their home to be safe from intruders. "Not really, it's just that the scaling of the stats were lower than mine, we did this for the exp it gives so I'm just trying to make good use of the opportunity," he told Claim. Crozeph waved his hand to signal Claim that they would return to the camp of the Treants. 

Compared to the humanoids inside the game, the treants celebrated peacefully. There were no extravagant feast, they were just enjoying the peace given to them. Crozeph liked it, he wasn't a fan of big celebrations too. smaller versions of treants began handing drinks to Crozeph and Claim to which he raised the cup slowly. "So how was the quest? I mean doing it again? if you ask me I'm a lazy person when it comes to this but we won't be getting anywhere if we just wait for others to do the job in the frontlines" he told Claim. Apparently, Claim joined the guild before him and he wanted to ask how he found Jacob's Ladder "so how'd you find our current guild? did someone take you there? he asked him.

" Yeah  im a bit lazy to and sitting around gets you know were...well i knew of Mari and back then i did one quest with here back in the day and it was long live the queen so i thought i should join and see what up yall seem like a good group of people i mean Mari had her times back in the day were she would blow up but i was never on her bad side. And we only did that one quest. I would mind run quest again. What about you? "  He look down at his gauntlets  before taken a small sip of his drink then back up at Crozeph.  C:aim would think  to him self as there werent many of his old friend that were online and some just did replay back. no to sure if they had died off or just like he was when the true of the game hit him just stop caring. 

Crozeph gave a short laugh before taking a sip on his drink, looks like Mari is recruiting people she knew to the guild and Claim was one of them "yeah they're a bunch of good people in Jacob's Ladder" he told him "Mari told me about the guild too which I didn't expect to have more people I knew, they're still setting up a few things but I'm sure they can manage that" he added. It was good to finally find another one from his past and while he knew that he and Claim rarely talked back then, it was obvious that they've been on quests together.

"Well I'm quite the opposite of you, back then I can easily get on her bad side but not today anymore" it's funny at times but Crozeph indeed was a bit of a trouble magnet. "I don't mind doing quests with you, we need all the exp we can get in here no matter how little it would be," he told him. The peaceful celebration continued and Crozeph remembered something that Claim might know a bit "do you know where Destiny is?" he asked him.

it took him a min as he tried to remember the last time he saw her " I would say the last time i saw here she was with a good friend of mine form the real word and i was sure if it was a date or if it was a quest but that the last time i recall see her and my good friend sol..it was right after a x mas party 4 years ago...my mind was a bit hazy with them two seemed to be stuck together like glue for the most part.' He would take  another drink as he took a deep breath " Were ever they are if there in some town i now that there happy for the most past " sol would fight if he need to but for the most part he was the type of guy how like to just sit and chill would rather hang out with friends that fight. it is a bit tough when you meet family in the game and then poof no hear from them in a long time... " The reason why he was here was to see if he could find his sisters but the how time he had been here not a word of them and he never ran in to them. 

Finishing his drink, Crozeph gave a nod of approval to what Claim told him "I guess if you found someone already then it's a good thing to settle down somewhere" he thought. While there is no wrong in doing so, there are problems in doing it. "I'll take note of that," he said, Crozeph would never settle for that, even now that he has a fiance. Yuki too would never do that, Aincrad might seem to make things easier but it is not the real world. As much as he hates his life before the death game, it was more real than what they have now and he mustn't lose sight of it.

"Yeah it is kinda hard when you meet family here, can't help but worry sometimes" he agreed to him. Destiny was his cousin, though, with his usual avoidance of relatives, he knew little of her. In fact, she was the cousin of the twins and not him. Even so, the girl seemed fond of him. "I just hope they remain safe, might look for them some other time if I have" he looked around them "getting the hang of things? I got rusty when I returned to battles but thankfully I got help from a few good people."

Claim would finish off his drink and smile. Know them there just waiting for the front liners to get down with the game." He knew that if people could still find love in the game he was a bit jelly-us of them but he was still happy for them. He might look 24 but he knew now that he was 30 and most of the people here just seemed to be kids. claim would straight his arms a bit " so you find some one in the game or are you still single?" He thought to him self he knew that he like the peace and quit and was to busy with try to get his shop up and running to look for someone to start a new life in the game just like in irl he was all ways working. it just seemed like he was to busy to find love, but then again he loved to work so it equaled out.