[PP|F9] <<The Gatekeeper of Fire>> Reborn Once More

<<The Gatekeeper of Fire>>

Yesterday had been a long day. He'd quested long and hard with NIGHT, just like the three days before, just to get to the third tier. Now that he had, he didn't hesitate to crash in his bed and just sleep and rewind. Shay must have been busy around the house, so that didn't matter- that or she was relaxing, maybe leveling on her own. She knew better than to put herself in danger, so the bluehead didn't worry any. He lay in his bed with vanity clothes, smiling as he pet Blizz with one hand and looked through his inventory to gawk at the consumables he'd obtained.

"All of these will help with the floor boss. I'm going to help clear the path to the 25th damn it.", he encouraged himself and let his pangolin marvel at the sheer numbers of items he'd picked up along the way, yawning while he did. Finally, five minutes he could kick back and not be worried during. He stretched and after a while, decided to get up and began to head downstairs towards the living room to look outside- the caves were dark as ever, but the light off the crystals kept the courtyards lit all the same. "We found a cozy home after all, huh Blizz?", he asked his companion and marvelled at the garden, as well as the little slime farm further away.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 50
HP: 1030/1030
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:30
VAMP DEF:51
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Wind Dweller>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I, REC II
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Spyglass (2/3)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (2/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Sitting at her kotatsu, Yuki sipped a drink of tea and looked back down at the magnificent weapon that she had just received from Andromeda. That girl was way too lucky. She couldn't let this item go to waste, but she didn't really know anyone that could need a katana besides Crow and he already has a katana with the same effects. With a deep sigh she opened her menu and scrolled through the long friends list.

When she got to 'C' she saw the name ChaseR. They had only met once and it was starting to come back to her. She was such a dick to the both of them all because she was worn out from grinding. Now having gotten a chance to cool down, she was ready to get back into fighting. The girl of his group, who she presumed was his girlfriend, was holding a katana when they went through the desert. Whether she's tier 3 or not, she would surely appreciate the gift, but she needed to apologize to ChaseR as well.

Opening the menu to send a message, she begins to type: 'Good morning. I know the last person in the world that you want to talk to is me, but if you'll hear me out, I want to make it up to you for being such a jerk in our Traveler quest. If you do, meet me on floor nine with your gear and we'll go through a tough quest together that drops a really rare item. I'll be waiting in Yogan Village near the teleportation plaza.'

She would hit send and make her way through town. Stepping up to the plaza and get whisked away to Floor 9.

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 66
HP: 1530/1530
EN: 132/132

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 202
Accuracy: 4
BH: 76
BLD: 36
TAUNT
THRNS: 54+30
FL. AURA: 30
FR. THRN: 21

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Durandal (T3/Perfect/OHSS): ACC II; BLD I
Armor: Jack's Plate (T3/Perfect/HA): Fl. Aura II; Taunt
Misc: Casseur de Logistille (T3/Perfect/Shield): Thorns II; Fr. Thorns

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit III [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender
Survival

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Rampart
Vengeful Riposte
Emergency Recovery
Mark

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*6 <Using
Ration+2*5 <Using

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

The only thing that interrupted the silence was the blip from his notifications and the flashing orange indicator on the top left of his view. He quietly opened up the menu and saw that he had an incoming message, viewing it and then it hit him. The frown. "... Hmph.", he huffed before deciding to read it, even if his first impulse was to ignore it outright. They were trapped in here, and being an ass wouldn't be a good choice. A deep sigh followed as he looked over to the side at Blizz, smiling slightly and petting his familiar. "If it weren't the ninth I'd take you along. I won't take long, after that we're going together. Just wait for me for an hour or so."

After the short apology, he began to equip his gear and started making his way over to the teleporter of the twenty first, quiet all the way through. "... I'm a frontliner too now. Is that why she wants to apologise?", he thought quietly before stepping onto the teleporter and appearing inside of Yolgan Village shortly after Yuki herself had arrived. He turned to look at her with a frown, raising his hand to let her know that he was nearby. "I'm here.", he declared somewhat hesitantly, giving her a rather suspicious look. Compared to last time, his armor, trinket and weapon were all different- a deep blue overcoat, a jagged blade out of ice and black chains wrapped around his left hand from a bracelet.

The wait on the ninth floor wasn't very long at all. Not that she was in a hurry or anything. By now she was level sixty-six, more than ready for whenever they would take on the shadow. Looking Chase up and down as he was making his way to her, she could tell that he had already gotten a lot stronger. That put a smile on her face. She could see a lot of her in him.

"Yo." She waved back a little casually. Raising her back off the wall, she stood tall, but still shorter than the boy. "I did promise that would teach you a little bit about tanking. It's clear our styles are a lot different, but there are still somethings that all tanks need to know how to do. That being said, I can tell you have climbed quite a bit. I think you'll do fine."

Turning towards the outskirts of town, she would start making her way back to the place where her and Crozeph first met. This place was already giving her nostalgic memories. She still hated it here though.

Silently following right behind her, a deep sigh was the first response she got. She was right. In the end, he still had to learn how to tank properly and she was the main person he could turn to, at least for a start. "If it's about hate, I can manage. Fighting Spirit does me justice, and I can pick up Howl along the way.", he grumbled with his arms crossed, quietly looking where she'd lead him to next. The only monster he could imagine would be rather challenging but good practice out here was the Cerberus, but he was far too overleveled for even it. At least the one he knew of.

"I'm waiting for the raid on the 25th's floor boss. I've a friend that will let me know- she was at the meeting.", he admitted, and that was that as far as he would talk without any further reason. He didn't want to get too chatty with Yuki, and especially with no idea what they were going to do, there was little to talk about. She didn't seem any different than last time, which just confirmed his suspicions that he was catching up too fast for the rest of them to keep up- blasting through the tiers one by one until there was nothing left.

"Unlike you, I can deal damage though.", he finally noted, remembering the little sword or whatever it was that the girl carried around. It didn't appear any strong, so he'd just passed it off as a vanity weapon. "She seemed to rely on taking hits a lot, so probably... Thorns, her shield, her weapon to parry strikes probably..."

"Its not my job to deal the damage." She replied without even thinking about it. "Your build is different yes, but our jobs are still the same: We must keep our friends out of the line of fire. I've never had to do damage, so I never invested in it. NIGHT's sword is more than enough damage to account for three players at once." Mentioning her sword was key. Night was the sword of their structure and she was the shield. As long as the two of them had fought together, they had overcome just about every obstacle with flying colours.

"Besides." The paladin held out her hand, letting a massive lance form in her grip. The weapon was taller and seemed like it weighed more than it's wielder. "I have this bad boy if I'm caught out on my own." The sword at her side was also replaced with a small battle horn.

Spoiler

Trading Durandal with  Trap of Argalia (T3/Perfect/THAS): DMG III
Trading Casseur with La Black Luna (Unscaled/Trinket) ACC III

New stats:  Zajčica | HP:1530/1530 | EN:132/132 | DMG:17 | MIT:177 | EVA:-1 | ACC:3 | TAUNT | FL. AURA:30 | BH:76 | DoT -25%

And that was when everything clicked. So the same way that he had farmed through quests with NIGHT's assistance, she seemed to have done the same as well. "... Assuming you and NIGHT form a party together in the boss, if you're that close, I guess we'll see us again then...", he grunted in a rather unimpressed manner, watching her form her new weapon and switch out her old sword and shield out. "Looks like she couldn't stand just being a sponge after all. I doubt she'd ever find herself on her own with how careful everybody is at these levels."

No matter. They had one more ally in common, and Yuki was more capable now than before of offering to a team, at least in his eyes. Unless it was about being an invincible wall of thorns, he saw no point in purely defensive builds. Even then, it'd be harder to deal with monsters on your own purely due to how long it would take compared to a conventional fighter- even if they made it out safer- No, when put that way, maybe it made sense. "Enough with the overthinking, fuck's sake. I'm with pink of all people. Get it together.", he almost slapped himself to snap out of it, continuing to look at her rather unamused. "... So what is it? Do tell."

He didn't care for boasting too much it seemed. Though it could feel pompous to brag about how she can deal damage when is a tank, she's never out damaged her thorns since she started leveling. It felt nice to have some options again.

"You've done the Cerberus quest before haven't you? This is a stronger version of that quest. It's supposed to be kind of tough due to the heat of the cave, but since we both have survival we'll be alright. Every time you attack this boss, it will deal damage to you that you can't mitigate. Don't over exert yourself if you take a chunk of damage. The only skills I don't have is healing." The duo walked through the harsh crags of blackened rocks on their way to the Inferno Cavern where she had first met the beast. The heat was actually bearable thanks to Survival.

"When you're tanking, it's important to know how to control the battlefield. You have to strategize and think while blocking and attacking at the same time. You are the one who puts the enemy at a disadvantage and allow your damage players to fight with the advantage."

As much as he tried his best to pay attention to her words, what was most distracting to him was her boasting after every second word. Regardless, he tried to look past it and not comment on it even inside of his own head, letting out a drawn out sigh of dissapointment or so before he took a look around the path. "... He should be easy. And I can control the field. You've never seen me fight.", he clarified with a rather small frown on his face. It wasn't as if his methods were the most refined, but he couldn't imagine having reached this tier without being able to even get hold of the battle's flow.

Just like the other times with NIGHT, the heat was nothing but a mild annoyance- he didn't like it, but it'd be there as long as he was, so they did their best to get going quickly. He slowly pulled his weapon out of its sheathe, furrowing his brows and keeping his guard up for any monsters that might show up on the way- in case the Hellhounds have become more aggressive and less territorial this time around. "... Why now anyway?", he asked as the two marched onwards, exhaling deeply while he waited for a response. Every second with her felt like an hour, so he prepared himself. This would feel like a long start to his day.

• 2 weeks later...

"I never said you couldn't fight." Yuki prefaced before she continued to say anything. "You're obviously a very strong person who has overcome their shortcomings and become better for it. No one makes it to Tier 3 simply by luck. It's all hard work."

The entrance to Inferno cavern was before them. The heat inside the cave was scorching compared to the outside world of the ninth floor. "Looks like we're here. The Cerberus that you fought before this one is a pup in comparison. Be careful and keep yourself safe above everything else. If you feel pressured, back off." She was trying not to treat him like a kid, but she was scared to walk into any boss with just about anyone. If someone died under her protection, she wouldn't know how to cope with the feeling.

Taking a few steps into the cavern, she could see the hell hounds rounding the area. Looks like they'd have to take them out before they could fight the reborn Cerberus.

He didn't say much. Being complimented by Yuki felt rather off, and on top of it all having to fight with her taking the lead and protecting him instead of the opposite happening felt just as off for the evasion tank. He sighed deeply, stretching his neck and slowly sliding his blade out of its scabbard. "You got it.", he answered shortly and gave her a somewhat narrow glance before turning back to the three hellhounds that were coming towards them from inside the cave. Despite the heat, his blade out of ice didn't seem to waver any, doing just fine and not melting.

His endurance, thanks to Survival, of the heat was just enough to keep him in a good condition, and like so he dashed right towards them. As soon as they began to run back towards him, he slashed widely with an orange glow coming out of his sword, roaring and trying his best to beat them dead right off the bat. Although two of them missed, one got hit and as soon as it did, ice began to spread from his blade right onto the monster. Ultimately, it was stuck to the ground as soon as the ice encased its paws, and it didn't seem to be giving in despite the high temperature.

Spoiler

image.png.e8561e713089008f86af114fa52e6271.png

ChaseR attacks Infernal Hell Hound 1, 2 & 3 using Calamity Disaster! (BD: 110, 5)
ATTACK MISSED [Infernal Hell Hound 1]
20 * 12 - 45 = 240 - 45 = 195 + FREEZE BLEED [T2] [Infernal Hell Hound 1]
ATTACK MISSED [Infernal Hell Hound 3]

[0,2,0] ChaseR: HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 89/100 (-11) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[0,0,0] Zajcica:

Infernal Hell Hound 1: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
Infernal Hell Hound 2: HP: 155/350 (-195) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | FROZEN [24] BLEED [24]
Infernal Hell Hound 3: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Edited by ChaseR

The heat of Inferno Cavern was something that Yuki was thankful that she left in her memories. It certainly wasn't pleasing to revisit this searing heat, even with the help of the survival skill making it somewhat bearable. Yuki made a mental note that this would probably be the last time she visited floor nine for the next month.

The battle had begun. The hell hounds had noticed them pretty quickly, and Chase wasn't standing around to wait for them to get the advantage. His blade froze one of the hounds completely solid. How did that even worked in this heat? Whatever, no time to question it. The paladin grabbed hold of her brass horn, taking a deep breath and blowing it for the entire cavern to hear. Her howl's blue light afflicted the Hounds, getting all their attentions at once. They jumped on her instead of Chase, slashing a shallow red claw across her chest. Lighting ablaze to their attack, the paladin stood unwavering and uncaring for their assault.

Yuki activates Howl.

image.png

168700 null. Hell Hound 2 is frozen.

Spoiler

[0,2,0] ChaseR: HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 89/100 (-11) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[3,3,3] Zajčica | HP:1528/1530 | EN:132/132 | DMG:2 | MIT:202 | EVA:-1 | ACC:2 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FR. THRN: 21 | BLD: 36 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 76 | DoT -25%(+25% first tick) | [BURN: 36] 2/2

Infernal Hell Hound 1: HP: 215/350 -(135) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
Infernal Hell Hound 2: HP: 155/350 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | FROZEN [24] | BLEED [24]
Infernal Hell Hound 3: HP: 215/350 -(135) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as she howled and got their attention, Chase realized he would probably not be the one getting slapped around by the monsters this time. Instead, he found himself at the awkward predicament of dealing all the damage with his health full not because they couldn't hit him any, but rather because they weren't even targeting him. It was something he hadn't gone through for a fair while, given his and Shay's track record honestly. He appreciated the change though.

He quickly took advantage of their still recovering forms, running in and slashing at them all. Again, he missed two and hit one, forming more ice under its paws to freeze it right down to the cave's ground. If it wasn't his skill putting in the work, it was his damn luck with the cardinal. Maybe some deal behind closed doors, or his sword just felt like doing its job properly today. "Can't you attack and help dish out some more damage any?", he almost nagged and looked back at Yuki, furrowing his brows slightly. 

Spoiler

image.png.1196a27ed6714bc7ca1c5acb1dc2a3ed.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Infernal Hell Hounds 1, 2 & 3! (BD: 91, 4)
19 * 12 - 45 = 228 - 45 = 183 + T2 BLEED + T2 FREEZE [Infernal Hell Hound 1]
ATTACK MISSED [Infernal Hell Hound 2]
ATTACK MISSED [Infernal Hell Hound 3]

[2,2,0] ChaseR: HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 89/100 (-11) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[3,3,3] Zajčica | HP:1528/1530 | EN:132/132 | DMG:2 | MIT:202 | EVA:-1 | ACC:2 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FR. THRN: 21 | BLD: 36 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 76 | DoT -25%(+25% first tick) | [BURN: 36] 2/2

Infernal Hell Hound 1: HP: 32/350  (-183) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: | BLEED (24) [1/2] | FREEZE [24] 
Infernal Hell Hound 2: HP: 131/350 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2  | BLEED (24) [2/2]
Infernal Hell Hound 3: HP: 215/350 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Edited by ChaseR

ChaseR's comment went through Yuki. She didn't care about dealing damage as much as keeping people safe. It was her secondary role to pull out this lance actually do damage. It kind of confirmed that he was still made about her being a bit moody. This man really knew how to hold a grudge. Although, when it comes to apologies actions speak leagues over words. She hoped that the gift she was about to impart on him after this quest was finished would help ease that bitterness he felt towards her.

Back to the fight at hand. Yuki gripped the lance with her second hand, a weird feeling for the tank for sure, but a good one at least. The glorious white shinned pink with a holy resonance that matched the sun. Rushing into the fight, the paladin turned on her heel, spinning in a wide arc with her lance out stretched. The frozen hound shattered out of existence on her touch. The other two were mixed results, one dodging and the other taking a hit that couldn't necessarily out-scale Chase's feats. She knew how powerful claymore users were with groups thanks to Night so it was hard to complain. Plus her thorns made up for what she lacked in area of affect anyways. "I'm not a damager, but hopefully that was what you were looking for." Yuki said, stepping in front of Chase to block the claws of the two hounds as they rushed in.

image.png

Spoiler

[2,2,0] ChaseR: HP: 1030/1030 | EN: 89/100 (-11) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[3,3,6] Zajčica | HP:1468/1530 -((125-177)+(25+36)) | EN: 110/132 -(9-(2*2)) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25%(+25% first tick) | [BURN: 36] 2/2(Ref)

Infernal Hell Hound 1: HP: 0/350 -(17*9) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | BLEED (24) [1/2] | FREEZE [24] 
Infernal Hell Hound 2: HP: 27/350 -(104) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2  | BLEED (24) [2/2]
Infernal Hell Hound 3: HP: 89/350 -(19*9)-45 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

One of the three Hellhounds shattered not only out of the ice that he'd encased it in, but fully into the normal, blue shards they were used to in this hellscape. That was good though, she could... actually, surprisingly deal damage. "It's good enough.", he told her with a small nod before he took the lead, charging in. He let out a wide swing before following it up with many smaller ones, hitting one of the Hellhounds but taking some damage back, while the other got completely encased in ice once more and even shattered, leaving snowflake-like shards flying all over the place.

They quickly disappeared because of the incredibly high temperatures, that had taken over. That wouldn't stop them from progressing any further in the cave though, with a beast to slay and SP to gain by the end of this, as well as the etching that they had to offer- they, as in the Cerberus' heads. He didn't know that yet, of course. All he knew was that he was bound to level up at this rate.

Spoiler

image.png.46f80496f451acdfc10e01de17e1b6fb.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Infernal Hell Hound 2 & 3! (BD: 7, 10)
18 * 12 - 45 = 216 - 45 = 171 [Infernal Hellhound 2]
20 * 12 - 45 = 240 - 45 = 195 + T2 BLEED + FREEZE [Infernal Hellhound 3]

[2,0] ChaseR: HP: 1005/1030 (-25) | EN: 77/100 (+1, -13) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[3,6] Zajčica | HP:1468/1530 | EN: 110/132 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25%(+25% first tick) | [BURN: 36] 2/2(Ref)

Infernal Hell Hound 2: HP: 0/350 (-171) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 
Infernal Hell Hound 3: HP: 0/350 (-195 -24) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 45 | FLMARA: 25 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Edited by ChaseR

The paladin's charge wouldn't be stopped. No point in resting when they'd hardly used any of their energy to begin with. She was going to be burning the entire time that they were fighting so it didn't matter if she was still afflicted with a status effect. Walking through the cavern's opening and into the pools of lava and blackened rock, one could behold the mutated Cerberus. It was walking with it's hindlegs, bipedal but that only meant it had less legs than heads now.

"Keep up the good work. Let's get on with this." Yuki says as she reaches for her horn one more time. She knew that Chase could take hits, or well dodge them more than anything else, but she was the protector. No matter how much another person could tank, she would always be there to throw herself into the damage for them.

With her horn blown and the Cerberus focused on her, Yuki stood and waited for the approach. The Cerberus struck twice with it's claws, leaving small scratches on her chest. The burn inflicted could do more than 40 of their attacks in one proc. Not that that would hurt. The heads took respective damage, over a fifth of their health already drained.

image.png

Yuki activates Howl.

Spoiler

[0,0,0] ChaseR: HP: 1005/1030  | EN: 77/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[3,3,3] Zajčica | HP: 1492/1530 -(2+36) | EN: 101/132 -(9) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 1 | HP: 386/500 -(114) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 3 | HP: 386/500 -(114) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >> : Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [ 9 = 25 | 10 = 75 ]
<< Bloodless >> : This boss is immune to all status effects.

Although Chase gave her a nod, it felt odd to receive compliments from Yuki. No matter, they had to kill the Cerberus ahead of them and that was all that mattered. With Yuki now having howled and gotten all their attention, while they were still attacking her, he decided to instead go for one of the heads. In his attempt to hit all three, something blocked his attack from hitting two once the first one had connected, knocking him back with a big of damage from a sudden wave of fire that washed over him.

Whatever that was, it meant that he'd have to take them down one by one while Yuki was holding the ground. He knew he could have done this with NIGHT all the same, but... It was damn dangerous on its own, alright. This was nothing like the previous Cerberus, a complete pushover in comparison. The travel was shorter, but this fight? It was hellish when put side by side.

Spoiler

image.png.9d53bd4ecddd67d8175006a458389b2d.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Cerberus Head 1! (BD: 8)
18 * 12 - 75 = 216 - 75 = 141

[2,0,0] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1030 (+30, -30) | EN: 67/100 (+1, -11) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[3,3,3] Zajčica | HP: 1492/1530 | EN: 101/132 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 1 | HP: 245/500 (-141) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 3 | HP: 386/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >> : Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [ 9 = 25 | 10 = 75 ]

Edited by ChaseR

With Chase's damage and her follow up, they should be easily able to render one of the heads useless in no time. While the fight before this one was hardly comparable, that didn't mean it was difficult at all. When you put Yuki in front of anything, she was bound to find a way to win, even if it mean bashing her head against the problem until it fixed itself.

The Cerberus was relentless, blinded by it's rage to murder the glowing light of fire that was the paladin before it. You may as well have been trying to stick your hand into the sun. Even through the Cerberus was able to land a critical, she hardly cared. The second attack dug at it's health bar rather quickly. Her grip on the mighty lance tightened as she reached forward and stabbed the the head with the lowest health. It dropped dangerously low. "Focus the one at half and let that one die on my thorns." The girl called.

image.png

Spoiler

[2,0,0] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1030 | EN: 67/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[5,3,3] Zajčica | HP: 1295/1530 -((199+(30+36)) | EN: 102/132 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 88 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 1 | HP: 65/500 -(180) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 3 | HP: 272/500 -(114)  | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Chase would already follow the plan that Yuki proposed, having formed it as soon as he checked on their health values. He quickly dashed right at it and used a single target attack this time around, thrusting right into it. While it instead managed to only graze the beast, it was still a hefty amount of damage that they could rely on with ease- it was good enough for what they were trying to accomplish right now. Its health would theoretically render it killable through the tank's thorns, assuming it could land a single attack on her.

She seemed much more lightweight and agile than the usual she did back in the Traveler quest, but whatever the case, all was good. They were in no danger and this was going smoothly despite how brutal the boss would have otherwise been. All that needed to be taken care of actively now, was the second head, that was still sitting at full health waiting for a mighty challenger to start chipping its health down.

Spoiler

image.png.9d5498c4ea8b3a00b27914f8992949aa.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Cerberus Head 3! (BD: 8)
18 * 13 - 75 = 234 - 75 = 159

[2,0,2] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1030 (+46, -30) | EN: 58/100 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[5,3,3] Zajčica | HP: 1295/1530 | EN: 102/132 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 88 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 1 | HP: 65/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 3 | HP: 113/500 (-159) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by ChaseR

With the damage dealt, the boss was looking for it's two lost legs at this point. Yuki stood defiantly as if nothing could move her if it tried. Even when she was in her attack mode, nothing could stop her. Was the sacrifice of her shield really more beneficial than having it? Perhaps for a quest boss, yes, but for a floor boss, she would need to be at her best, without a doubt.

The Cerberus wasn't ready to give up, even with the odds against it. It slashed at three times, twice it connected, and two heads fell. With less heads than legs now, the poor boy was carrying more dead weight than Yuki before she maxed her thorns potential. Nevertheless, they weren't finished just yet. Her holy lance absorbed the light around it once more piercing the neck of the remaining head without a problem. It was basically bullying at this point.

image.png

Spoiler

[2,0,2] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1030 | EN: 58/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[5,5,3] Zajčica | HP: 1298/1530 -(2+(30+36)) | EN: 67/132 -(17) | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 88 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 1 | HP: 65/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 380/500 -(17*15) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus Head 3 | HP: 113/500 (-114) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2