[PP|F9] <<The Gatekeeper of Fire>> Reborn Once More

With two of its heads now having fallen off, the poor, poor savage was left with but a single head, limiting its attack potential by a ton. As if that wasn't enough, it was getting beaten down by both of them mercilessly now, so close to dying yet so far away at the same time. For as good as a fight as it had put up, Yuki had too- and maybe one beyond Chase's expectations, be it because he didn't like her as much or because she was just that strong and he'd underestimated her.

"Last one to down, then we're done here.", he told her rather calmly and collected instead of even with the slightest hint of aggression, taking a deep breath, changing his stance and jumping right past the boss, slashing it as he crossed it and landed right behind it. As per usual, the boss howled but ignored him completely, still targeting Yuki in full. It seemed getting his attention off of her would be honestly nigh on impossible. "... Was I wrong then?"

Spoiler

image.png.f29de9198457ad318b080e2b666455a9.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Cerberus Head 2! (BD: 6)
18 * 13 - 75 = 234 - 75 = 159

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1030 (+46, -30) | EN: 49/100 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[5] Zajčica | HP: 1298/1530 | EN: 67/132 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 88 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 221/500 (-159) | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >> : Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [ 9 = 25 | 10 = 75 ]
<< Bloodless >> : This boss is immune to all status effects.

Edited by ChaseR

On it's last breath, the hound of hell, the Cerberus was brought to it's knees by a mere 59kg shrimp of a woman that was tougher than titanium. It effortlessly clawed her chestplate to no effect. Doing leagues more damage to itself than it had done to her. Following up on her partner's damage Yuki raised her mighty lance and pierced the hound directly through it's face. With a twist of the spear and a single slash, the Cerberus's body dissolved into nothing but data.

Yuki returned her lance to her hammer space and sighed in relief. "Man, don't think I've gotten that low on energy in a really long time. That was a lot different than only doing one damage a turn with a sword art." Looking over to Chase, she would offer him a smile. "I don't think you need my teaching after all. You know what you are doing. Our builds are too different too compare. If you want to learn more about your build, I believe a man named Raidou has a similar one. I suggest that you talk with him about it. Oh, and I have one more thing to give you before you leave."

image.png

Spoiler

[2] ChaseR: HP: 1000/1030 | EN: 49/100 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 30 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 51 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2
[5] Zajčica | HP: 1334/1530 -(1+(30+36)) | EN: 68/132 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 177 88 | ACC: 3 | TAUNT | THRNS: 84 | FL. AURA: 30 | BH: 71 | DoT -25% | [BURN: 36] 2/2(ref)

Cerberus Head 2 | HP: 221/500 -((17*15-75)+114)| DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >> : Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [ 9 = 25 | 10 = 75 ]
<< Bloodless >> : This boss is immune to all status effects.

There was little that Chase really had to learn until the floor boss came. By now he'd grown a feel for the game, even if he was unfamiliar with the inner workings and even some rather basic terminology. He knew how to act and dodge attacks, and his build was catered for what he was used to- maybe even the opposite happened and he got used to the build he was given by Shay. No matter. They were now done with whatever fight they had going, and hearing the familiar name a second time from Yuki rather than NIGHT did certainly help him out in realising one thing. Whoever Raidou is, dangerous as NIGHT had described him or apparently helpful based on Yuki, he was someone to keep an eye out for. Be it good or bad.

Then came the proposition from Yuki, which quickly got a suspicious glance from Chase. "... If it's about sucking up to me for back then, don't.", he quickly warned her, not wanting to feel like she was 'buying' his forgiveness by giving him some rare item that he had to use or being all nitty willy when she was around him. "... What is it?", Chase asked regardless once they were out of the cave, keeping both of his arms crossed as he continued to glance over her form as suspiciously as before.

"Wanting to correct one's actions can feel like you're just apologizing for no reason cause you feel bad. I feel sincerely upset with my behavior towards you on my first outing, along with your friend. There's not much I could give you now since I know that you have a rather strong build just from the way you fought, however, there is something I came across lately that is useless to me. Whether you accept it as my apology and forgive me or not, please give it to your friend that I mistreated. I hope this atones for a little of what I have done." Removing the demonic blade from her inventory, ChaseR could feel the malevolence of the freezing cold katana. "Use this Etching to place a second Unique on the blade and give it to your friend. You don't have to tell them I was the one who gave it to you or anything, just know that I sincerely apologize for treating you two the way I did. I wish not for one action to determine my character."

Spoiler

Transferring Yatsufusa to ChaseR as well as the Cerberus Etching.

[1] T3 Demonic Weapon [161658]
ID: 167289 | LD: 13                  [bleed]
ID: 167290 | LD: 4                   [keen]
ID: 167291 | BD: 10 | CD: 9 | LD: 10 [freeze]
ID: 167292 | LD: 16                  [accuracy]
Result: FREEZE I | ACC I | BLEED I | KEEN I

Given how she spoke, it seemed like she was sincere. Then again, he held quite a grudge against her to be perfectly honest. Right now, the best he could do was... take a deep breath, exhale and just nod with crossed arms and furrowed brows. "... Right. Apology...", he stopped for a moment, feeling much too weird for speaking this way or having even to come to this conclusion or whatever one may call it. He reached his hand out and placed it on the katana, resting it over there for a moment or two before taking it in his hands and putting it in his inventory alongside her etching.

"... Apology accepted, I suppose.", he forgave her at last, even though she hadn't completely steered away from shade in the back of his mind. She was still just as much to blame for the whole fuckup as he was, if not even more so due to his ego on the topic, but... He had to let it go, sooner or later. Probably later. "... Thank you for the quest.", he added rather blankly and dipped his head in, unsure what else to say before waving her and beginning to go back to his home on his merry way. "Be careful.". Judging by his tone, it was easy to conclude he was thoughful for sure.

[ChaseR accepts Yatsufusa (T3/Demonic/Katana, BLD I, KEEN I, ACC I, FRZ I) and Cerberus Etching (Unique/Consumable).]

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• 7,700 Col (ChaseR) and 7,700 Col (Yuki)
  • 6 SP (Chaser; 4 SP quest; 1 page, 1 event) and 6 SP (Yuki; 4 SP Quest; 1 page, 1 event)
  • Cerberus Etching (Unique Material) - Effect: Removes one enhancement on a weapon and replaces it with "Burn". (This effect cannot override its maximum cap. Consumed on use.)