[PP|F19] <<The Colossal Shadow>> A Colossal Pain

Chase shook his head. He honestly didn't mind any, for all it was worth. If anything, she was free to keep it- the SP was enough. "No, it's okay. I got a level out of this anyways, I'm that much closer to finalizing my build. Speaking of which, um... I might be getting much bad rep from the monsters. Keep me alive, 'kay?", he kindly asked of her and laughed awkwardly, starting to head back to the settlement as he put in a fair amount of SP in getting Fighting Spirit. While the two were heading back, he coughed to clear his throat and thought to lay out the plan for today.

"Ahem, I was thinking. There's a quest line me and Shay started, but seeing as she's in a bit of a comatose for so long, I... want to be helped finishing it. I don't want to leave her behind, it's just that I don't want to wait on others all the time cause then they'll feel bad too. No easy way of going about it... Either way, uh. The Colossal Shadow. Some questline about getting statues and you get buffs based on which you choose if you have all six. Sound familiar?", he turned to look over his shoulder as he asked her, an eyebrow raised curiously while the two entered the settlement and headed straight for the teleporter.

ChaseR: HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 51
HP: 1050/1050
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 25
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:31
FRZ:24
BLD:24
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Misc: <<Silver Earring>> (T1/Perfect/Trinket): LD III
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR

Keeping ChaseR safe wasn't the biggest issue on the block. That went exactly to his proposed plan.

The Colossal Shadow.

NIGHT wasn't exactly one to be intensely afraid of heights. But even as her and Yuki had made their ascend up the giant before, the shakes of the damned thing kept threatening to drop her off completely, and it only managed to play into her anxieties looking back on the experience now. Mind-numbing, that adventure; her breath came out as a sharp sear as her eyes closed tightly, the woman trying to relax herself with an inhale, count and release.

"All too well." There was spite in her words, and the way her lids narrowed just as she brought her menu up, sorting out her gear before she stepped up to the teleporter. The light took them away to the ninteenth before she could say anything further, but her paces were quick to leave the pad once they'd arrived at their destination. "Let's just make quick work of it. It'll be faster to search the wild by horse carriage than walking."

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 163/163
  | ACC: 4* | DMG: 20 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75
  | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6**
  | Stealth Detection: 4 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

* [Filling] used to provide +1 ACC.
** [LD] calculated based on the limitations of this quest.
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Tsukuyomi's Odachi (Alpha)
    -- [ Fallen I | On a natural roll of 6-8, gain 6 fallen damage added to your total base damage. ]
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC. ]
  • Lucky Tracksuit
    -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]
  • Sleek Shift
    -- [ Mitigation I | +27 MIT. ]
    -- [ Heavy Momentum II | +6 DMG on an unsuccessful attack. Buff is removed on a successful attack. ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Dragon's Gaze
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
  • [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (2) | Instant | TELEPORT

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• [T1E3] Ice Cream Mochi | LOOT DIE III | [156532]

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

Chase didn't like how she'd reacted. Hell, he wanted to stop her or recommend that they just don't do the quest together and he found somebody else, but... she was rushing way too much. Now that they were on the nineteenth, before he could recommend anything she seemed to have made her mind up, resolved to commit in full to killing the colossus. "W-What, there's horse carriages..? Do you operate them or is an NPC at help? Are you sure you're good to go with this? If there's any bad blood between you and it I can just uh. W-Well, find Freyd or somebody else to do it with."

Trademark blue boy's move, was to blurt out tons of words when feeling stressed out and flood whoever it was with questions. That always worked just fine, as we all know. "Really, I don't want you stressed out. Was it... that dangerous?", he continued and asked somewhat discouraged, frowning a bit and considering giving her a pat on the back- but he didn't, wanting to leave her some space and not make her feel weird. At least even more than she already did. It was around now that the realization hit him; NIGHT had probably gone through similarly stressful or dangerous experiences leveling up as he had, just less per day given his fast ascend up the ranks. 

"They're for rental to players," NIGHT replied. In her haste, she'd turned around down one of Ralberg's streets, a clear path laid before them to the outskirts of town. "It's a bit of a gimmick to learn how to ride them, but given some instructions, anyone can order them around. Riding the animals on the other hand..."

The line hung in the air for a moment as she paused to think. "Tricky," was all she came up with as she proceeded to take a sharp turn.

Their rental vendor was just around the corner, standing a short distance away from the stables. With a quick transaction, the NPC issued a kind request for the players to stay put and wait for them, before they took off in a jog. Only then was NIGHT willing to turn to her companion, her expression reading only two elements alongside its usual frown.

Vacancy. Determination.

"More of a pain." Her arms locked into a fold as she shifted her weight onto one foot. "If you're not careful, you'd fall off the creature. That's where most of the danger lies. But your overcoat-- it can heal you, can't it? Should be more than fine for the excursion by my standards."

"Yeah, my armor makes me practically invincible to anything that doesn't drop nukes on me...", he slowly nodded and tried to process just how the boss being a pain resulted to whatever mood she was in. He wouldn't dig in any further either way, she'd been bothered enough as was. With a deep sigh, he stretched and looked around to see that the NPC was back with a carriage, smiling at NIGHT and gesturing her over towards it before the duo got on. "I've never been on a carriage before.", he commented with a deep sigh and tried to get comfortable, as possible as that was.

But in an attempt to get back on track, he shook his head and looked over at the raven next to him. "So... What's the boss like? Doesn't it attack like everything else? It's a colossus, so I thought maybe we'd need something sturdier than our toothpicks, in comparison. It's meant to be massively giant, right?". When it came to fantasy settings, there were none more uneducated than blue himself. "To be hunting a colossus of all things, we'd need to be blind not to see it too, right? Cause we're going through an awful lot of trouble for a quest as simple as this one."

She'd dropped the word 'carriage', but in reality what awaited the two was more akin to a wagon. Somewhat shambling, loaded with hay on the back, NIGHT shuffled over to where the stableman had leapt off at and started to take hold of the reigns herself. The player decided it wasn't exactly in their best interest that she reveal her past experience with managing a ride; little to none, and it had been Yuki who steered their vehicle whilst she was fending off their vessel from being struck. On the bright side, at least they weren't likely to be faced with mounted combat this time.

"So... What's the boss like? Doesn't it attack like everything else?"

"It can't even see us to begin with," NIGHT grizzled. A light click of her tongue was enough to send the equines into trotting speed, though once again even that action was entirely by coincidence and annoyance. "We're literally too small for it to be bothered." She set her gaze towards the field beyond, starting to take their venture into stride. "Given any other scenario, we'd probably not be able to take it down. But everything here's digital. Taking out its health gauge is more than enough for our fight."

Imagine harnessing the power of NPC energy. A position that the player could only expect had she been still on the support role with her work back on the first, but it seemed that some things never changed. "Weak points," the player found herself elaborating, scanning the fog for any signs of their giant. "We ascend the creature like a mountaineer would, then strike it where it's liable to take damage."

"To be hunting a colossus of all things, we'd need to be blind not to see it too, right? Cause we're going through an awful lot of trouble for a quest as simple as this one."

She was distracted for a moment. "You'd be surprised." A little more negligence from the coachwoman, and still their guides picked up speed. "This floor isn't the best for visibility's sake. Keep an eye up to the mountain ranges ahead. Let me know when you spot it."

A slow nod was all that followed. The information was a fair bit of an info dump and hearing that the visibility wasn't much didn't sound too believable. "M-Mountain ranges..? Right...", he said with crossed arms and did his best to eye them down. He glared on and on, but nothing ever seemed to change. They were just as still as before, and the one time that he thought he caught one moving, it was because of the rocky road the wagon was on. There was no way a mountain range could move, game or not.

"Killing a boss that can't see you... That's a bit cowardly, isn't it? Granted it doesn't feel pain, but...", he grumbled after a while had passed, looking to the side over at his companion with both his brows lowered. "Anyways... You see anything or are we alone on the floor?". This was a question he could ask during any of their missions really. It was them, the NPCs and the monsters they were after. Little else to be found, and no players to run into. It felt almost eerie how they always picked out the least practical hours to run into others, but they were probably either in a shop or running their own quests.

Granted how many of them existed, there was no way they'd constantly be on the same floors as others. Hell, he never stepped onto the seventeenth except for that one time he duked it out with Athena of all people. Everybody was busy doing their own thing, and now that Chase also had a house to take care of, he knew all too well that there was more to this world than one might guess at first. 

image.png.65d4363ea8ced57c295423dcc21b60d2.png

Attempts unsuccessful. Colossus not found.

Edited by ChaseR

"Killing a boss that can't see you... That's a bit cowardly, isn't it? Granted it doesn't feel pain, but..."

"Would you rather it tried to swat you like a fly?"

It was a jest, really. The side-eye she gave ChaseR combined with her poker face seemed to suggest otherwise, and neither the lighting of the floor nor the amusement in her systems were able to lend her sights a sheen of mischief. As the horses carried their little vehicle forward, their adventure served to NIGHT a rough gauge of just how casually she could take her travels, giving their steeds a tug on their reins once in a while to slow their paces down.

"Anyways... You see anything or are we alone on the floor?"

Her eyes darted from the muted greens and blues beyond to the light greys of the faded sky. Then, they snaked upwards, half expecting to miss a figure blotting out the sun.

But maybe, NIGHT should've expected this. Between Cardinal's kindness, the gear she had equipped, her Searching capabilities and her prior experience with the quest, it was almost nigh inevitable that she would be able to spot the giant in the mist first. 

"Ah," the woman commented as their vessel approached the identified shadow, a head, neck and broad stone shoulders made visible as spectral hues. Her fingers searched the space next to the bench she was on; just like the coachman's seat of the wagon from the twenty-third's, she found a whip, her thumb and index working together to dislodge it from its settlement. "I guess we're finally here."

A loud crack. NIGHT snapped the air right above the racing creatures. Almost instantly, they'd picked up speed, and the woman tossed the tool over onto the hay out of convenience, slowing rising from rest with the reins in her hands. Her focus was on the pillar of rock that was getting closer by the second.

"Get ready to jump--!"

Spoiler

ID: 168392 | LD: 24 (14, +6+4) | Searching for the Colossus... Colossus found.

The mere idea of getting crunched into the ground just like that sounded anything but pleasant. He shivered and shook his head, looking forwards only to see the massive mountain-creature rise and gulp. "H-Holy fuck. We have to get on it to attack, so... The fall will be...", he grumbled to himself, before looking to the side at NIGHT to nod. As soon as they were near it, he jumped on and gripped its rocky leg tightly, barely managing to not slip away. If this were the real world, he'd be more scared, but you couldn't take damage from rolling or feel pain in the first place.

Still, the adrenaline was already surging through him. With a roar, he pulled himself higher up and started to climb its body with every sluggish movement it made, growling lowly. It was hard, and he'd never literally hiked up anything before, let alone a moving creature. "S-Stay the fuck still damn it!", he snarled at it and lodged his sword in its leg, starting to use it to make his way up. It didn't take any damage, which meant... "The chest... It's less protected than the rest... It must be a weak spot. I have to get over there.", he planned out his assault in the back of his mind, just then remembering that NIGHT was somewhere on the giant all the same.

"NIGHT, if you can hear me, I'm getting on its chest!", the boy shouted out in desperation, hoping that his partner would listen to his cry and work together accordingly. For now though, he had to worry about himself more than her. He knew that she was strong enough to make it out regardless, so all he had to do was take good care of himself and make sure not to get hurt too gravely. Not just for her sake, but for himself and Shay too. Let alone Lily. He had too many people relying on him to risk it.

Chase has started climbing up the Colossus! [1/2 posts]
The Colossus continues to walk. [1/3 posts before shaking.]

Spoiler

ChaseR: HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT:

Colossus: HP: 1000/1000 | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2

Edited by ChaseR

The horses would be fine. Even as she let go of the straps once balled up in her fist, she could spy their figures running through olive right below her once she'd held herself steady fast. The creatures' directives lead them away from the titan threat, past the limbs of their Goliath and swerving in a turn. Doubtless, in time, they would return to the city unharmed and unscathed.

Likely the players would not be so lucky. As her fingers dug at the edged cliff faces, muscle memory churned to pull her form up the Colossus. Where was ChaseR? She could hear the boy screaming; if their dismount was towards the same base limb, surely he couldn't be too far off. But the howling of the wind, and the grinding of boulders shifting, the giant's joints moving was deafening to say the least. An exhale left her lips as NIGHT hauled herself up and onwards.

Maybe they would meet each other at the nearest vulnerability.

Spoiler

Ascending the Colossus. [1/2 posts]
The Colossus continues to walk. [2/3 posts before shaking.]

ID: 168460 | LD: 18 (12, +6) | Holding onto the Colossus.

Nothing. Complete silence in response. The bluehead continued to climb up, higher and higher on the titan's body, slowly reaching ever so closer to the chest. "A-Almost there..!", he grunted and began to see a bright light through the cracks of the colossus' rock body, grinning. As soon as his sword tried to get a grip, the beast began to shake its body, as if trying to knock them off. Was it even aware they were on it, or did it just mechanically do that after every few steps? No matter, the two were going to slip at this rate- the bluenette probably much more than the veteran fighter with him, who was still out of his sight.

Despite its best- or worst efforts- however, it failed to get neither the boy nor NIGHT off. Hell, he even seemed to have gripped himself more firmly thanks to shoving his sword between the cracks of its chest's plates or whatever they were just in time to hold tightly. He pulled the blade back and grinned, keeping a good hold on the monster and preparing to start hacking and stabbing right at the source of whatever emitted the light. "Looks like that's the only way to deal damage. Here we go!"

Spoiler

image.png.9b295a95c7771281e8efd2af6d389a30.png

LD Check:
Colossus: 6
ChaseR: 16 + 3 = 19
NIGHT: 18

NIGHT:

Colossus: HP: 1000/1000 | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2

Chase made his way to the Colossus' weak point at his chest! [2/2 posts]
The Colossus shakes itself! [3/3 posts, shaking!]

Edited by ChaseR

The giant seemed liable to shift in mysterious ways. Of course, NIGHT's observations were solely on the basis that she couldn't get into the Colossus' headspace, how it decided to maneuver around what must've been its tiny prison of a domain for some unknown purpose or another. With a light tremor, a hand shifted near where the player was starting to climb towards -- its fingers were outstretched, barely grazing a section of its rock-chiseled chest.

An opportunity. The woman quickly changed her trajectory, scaling horizontally now from her vertical movements. One raise of her arm and NIGHT had grabbed onto its index; surely, their Goliath wouldn't seem to mind a bit of tingling, would it?

(If it could even feel the two ants pacing about its surface to begin with. But she digressed--)

The scale of the beast meant even the withdrawal of its palm was bound to be slow. And NIGHT was much lighter on her feet than the takedown with Yuki from before. She'd shuffled on ahead, down the giant's pillars as soon as she'd gotten a steady hold upright.

Spoiler

ChaseR | HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT 
| HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 163/163 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

Colossus: HP: 1000/1000 | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2

Ascending the Colossus. Weak point: Hand #1 [2/2 posts]
The Colossus walks. [1/3 posts]

A loud thrust down at the chest and his attack reached in just deep enough to actually cut down at the monster's health. He wasn't sure if it would feel any pain or notice them in the first place, if it even new its health was dropping. Regardless, he pulled his blade out and held on tightly to keep himself from falling. The way it seemed, it was preparing to shake its massive body once more. Just the mere idea of dropping all the way from here was enough to make him gulp.

In an attempt to plant his sword even better into the beast and not fall as soon as it began trying to get him off, he tried to fit his sword in the same crack as before. This time however, instead of ice coming out of his blade like he wanted, the jagged edges of the blade made it harder to go inside and almost knocked him off balance. He weakly held onto the edge of the monster's stones at its chest, starting to sweat. "Fuck, my grip is weak... I can almost feel myself slipping, shit..!"

The panic was slowly getting to him as he tried to recover, knowing he didn't have quite enough time to do so before the monster tried to shake them down. No matter, he didn't have a better choice. "Don't fall, anything but... T-Tch, you won't fall, you idiot..!"

Spoiler

image.png.3823f71525e8010690d50bd7d65a7770.png

image.png.4b73e3c38cfd93762781071af5b28a76.png

LD Check: 5 + 3 = 8

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on the Colossus' Chest! (BD: 10)
18 * 13 - 50 = 234 - 50 = 184

ChaseR | HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 92/102 (-10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT 
| HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 163/163 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

Colossus: HP: 816/1000 (-184) | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2

The Chest's weak point gets worn down. [1/3 hits]
The Colossus walks. [2/3 posts]

Edited by ChaseR

NIGHT could spot the weak point, the crack in its surface just as she scoured the large palm of the beast. Her paces were scurried, fast -- should Colossus shudder before she got to the element, there was little she could do but attempt to scale the beast once more if she'd fall off. And yet, while her motivations were reasonable, haste proved to make waste for her; the moment she'd drawn her blade from the ether, the giant seemed to quake as though it was out of spite to her.

The tip of the moon edge pierced into one of the rigid edges of the Goliath, standing upright for but only a moment before toppling over alongside its owner. NIGHT reached out to grasp at its indentations, fingers clawing at the empty space and prayed.

After a few moments passed, it was over. And the grip of her sword was only seen sinking over the edge when she'd finally cracked open her sights.

Spoiler

ID: 168692 | BD: 5 (1, +4)
NIGHT missed! (-2 EN) | Heavy Momentum stacks gained. (+6 DMG)

ID: 168693 | LD: 10 (4, +6)
Holding onto the Colossus...

ID: 168694 | LD: 10
The Colossus shakes!
> NIGHT holds on!
> ChaseR falls off!

ChaseR | HP: 800/1050 (-250) | EN: 92/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 161/163 (-2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

Colossus | HP: 816/1000 | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2
Weak Point: Chest | Strikes: 2/3
Weak Point: Hands | Strikes: 3/3

And as soon as it shook, his grip slipped. The boy began to shout on his way down, trying to find some way to grab onto the colossus and stop his fall. He missed NIGHT on his way down, more worried on not dying. Thankfully, when he reached its leg, he managed to grab on again with the edge of his blade, barely holding onto it through its spike on the side. He panted and tried to catch up to his breath, beginning to understand why she disliked the Colossus oh so much. "Y-You fucking piece of shit!", he shouted at it and pulled himself on properly, starting to run up and make his way to the top again.

He had to finish what he started, until the whole damn thing collapsed at last. "No wonder NIGHT despises you, you rotten-". The Colossus almost listened to his taunting and moved in a way that sent him just barely to the side. He almost tipped over and fell, holding on with his sword once more. With that, a tsk he was back on his way to its chest to stab his way until its health dropped to zero. At least looking to the top left of his eyes, he could see on the HUD that his partner was still alive- well and on the Colossus, by the looks of it. She'd taken no damage, after all.

Spoiler

ChaseR | HP: 831/1050 (+31) | EN: 93/102 (+1) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 161/163 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

[The Colossus walks.] (1/3 posts)
[Chase climbs up the Colossus.] (1/2 posts)

It's alright. Losing one sword was one thing -- with all due respect to Tsukuyomi's Odachi, it had its replica to contest with for presence. So when NIGHT finally found some leverage on her stability to look through her inventory, she'd went hunting for the blade that wasn't in her hold even though she could've sworn she put both of them in there in the first place-- what was the point of not having both of them together if one of them went missing?

Deep breaths. The woman shut her eyes, bristled with agitation for a brief moment, before the world shuddered around her once more. If the Colossus had a mind of its own, it had to be a devious one. Didn't it just shake a couple of seconds ago, and now it was leaning into the idea of kicking them off once again?

The player resigned herself to her fate, dead fish eyes gazing up at its faded form as her sights gleaned upwards for insights from the heavens.

Spoiler

ID: 168735 | LD: 10 (4, +6)
Holding onto the Colossus...

ID: 168737 | BD: 5 (1, +4)
NIGHT missed! (-2 EN) | Heavy Momentum stacks gained. (+6 DMG)

ChaseR | HP: 831/1050 | EN: 93/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 160/163 (+1, -2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 32 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

[The Colossus walks.] (2/3 posts)

As soon as he was done checking on NIGHT, his upward sprint to the colossus remained. The monster began to shake once more, but that was of little meaning to him. He ran on and on, step after step, making sure to stay as well balanced on it as possible. At one point, he had to stay still and grip himself to avoid even the slightest chance of falling, and he made the right call. When the Colossus had stopped, he was back on its chest, climbing up to the weak spot.

Rock after rock, he made it right where the glow was, looking between the cracks to see the light coming out from within slightly dimmer. He stuck his sword in there to use it as a way of keeping himself on the beast, taking steady breaths and preparing himself for another attack. They had to somehow take this beast down after all, and NIGHT didn't seem able to hit it any. Maybe she was still going from a weak point to another, having found a dud- if that were a thing. Now was not the time to ponder about that though.

Spoiler

image.png.721c929cd342b2726782ea5589b96ae3.png

LD Rolls:
NIGHT: 10
ChaseR: 15 + 3 = 18
Colossus: 3

ChaseR | HP: 862/1050 (+31) | EN: 93/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 160/163 (+1, -2) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 32 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

[The Colossus shakes.] (3/3 posts)
[Chase makes his way up to the weak spot in the Chest again!] (2/2 posts)

Edited by ChaseR

Oh, it finally stopped.

NIGHT lifted herself off the ground, the familiar crimson and black steel weaving a crescent out from the forged grip in her hand. The odachi was unwieldy; so much so that when the player paced back over to the weak spot, she was careful not to let its edge scrape the floor. Why couldn't it be a standard straight blade, more akin to the arms that she was better used to? It was pretty, she'd give it that -- the gold ornaments that snaked along its face shimmered even in the dusty air around them, catching what ambient light bounced off the gravel surface of the Tanos. But that was where its strength halted at, when the woman brought its force down to sunder the vulnerability of their mark.

It'd brought its health just down under half. A far better margin than her initial hit's promise, but no better thanks to the forgework in her possession. She'd do a better job giving thanks to Firm Anima for her equipment than the gods themselves.

Spoiler

ID: 168875 | BD: 9 (3, +4+2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs The Colossus. (-10 EN)
32 * 13 = 416 DMG | 416 - 50 = 366 DMG

ChaseR | HP: 862/1050 | EN: 94/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 151/163 (+1, -10) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

Colossus | HP: 450/1000 (-366) | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2
Weak Point: Hands | Strikes: 2/3 (-1)

[The Colossus walks.] (1/3 posts)

The moment he got the chance, Chase pushed his blade further on inside the Colossus' body and tried to let out a sword art, with little swing at all. Thankfully, with the motion he made it appeared to get stabbed right where it hurt, dealing a fair bit on it and even stretching some ice out to start covering its body. But then it was that it struck him- a loud crack sounded as soon as the Colossus began preparing to move once more, and Chase's grip was slippery this time.

The ice shattered from the slightest movement, causing the boy to gulp as the water started to drip down exactly where he was trying to hold onto the monster from. His grip was weak and he would definitely slip right away. He was in big trouble, in for another big amount of damage again. "Fuck! N-NIGHT, take it out! Fast!", he yelled out, doing his best to be heard by his companion although he expected little in return. 

Spoiler

image.png.43120f749c1792e225b809946249984d.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Colossus! (BD: 10)
18 * 13 - 50 = 234 - 50 = 184

ChaseR | HP: 893/1050 (+31) | EN: 85/102 (+1, -10) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 151/163 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

Colossus | HP: 266/1000 (-184) | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2
Weak Point: Chest | Strikes: 1/3 (-1)
Weak Point: Hands | Strikes: 2/3 

[The Colossus walks.] (2/3 posts)

Edited by ChaseR

--Then, almost as though sensing her disappointment in itself, the crescent moon pulsed once with life.

It happened suddenly. One moment she'd been recovering from Galaxy Destroyer's initial delay, blade scraping against rock as NIGHT twirled the weapon around for another strike. In the next, a hazy surge of heat and energy rippled in the air next to her, almost causing the woman to drop the sword entirely. The gold marks across its steel burned brighter than the blood they bathed in, black metal only further highlighting its intensity for only but a spell.

Her arm cut forth. The player barely had a say in its pull. But when the occasion for brutal slices and the flash of its rage parted with the woman, what she'd been left with was the beginnings of the dismantlement of the Colossus, its health already dipping straight into the void.

Two blinks, as NIGHT barely had time to figure out her escape plan. Odachi gripped tightly in her hand, the player set aside her confusion, running high off the palm of the giant and adrenaline both.

Spoiler

ID: 168949 | LD: 18 (12, +6)
Holding onto The Colossus...

ID: 168950 | LD: 8
The Colossus shakes!
> NIGHT holds on!
> ChaseR falls off!

ID: 168948 | BD: 13 (7, +4+2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs The Colossus. (-10 EN)
20 + 6 FLN = 26 DMG | 26 * 13 = 338 DMG | 338 - 50 = 288 DMG

ChaseR | HP: 893/1050 | EN: 85/102 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 25 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | LD: 5
NIGHT | HP: 1510/1510 | EN: 142/163 (+1, -10) | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 52 | BH: 75 | HM: 6 | FLN: 6 | LD: 6

Colossus | HP: -22/1000 | DMG: N/A | MIT: 50 | EVA: -2
Weak Point: Chest | Strikes: 1/3 
Weak Point: Hands | Strikes: 1/3 (-1) 

Thread Summary

[Total]
NIGHT
+ 2SP
+ 200col

ChaseR
+ 5SP
+ 5,200col

Spoiler