[PP-F16] <<Ssssnake Out of Water>>

A chance encounter with a particular azure haired boy called to Haine's attention as of late. Haine had only interacted with ChaseR once, maybe twice? A neutral impression, she concluded. He wasn't the chattiest, but that was alright in her book. She was known for moseying her way into personal spaces regardless. Her curiosity piqued to see him at the guild hall of all places. She was a step too short as Eruda approached her. The next time she glanced, he left as soon as she saw him.

An afternoon later, she scrolled through the guild HUD. His name was absent from the roster and so she resorted to her friends list. A soft scratching beside her pulls her attention away. "Hm?" Haine looks down at the pudgy ball of fluff clawing at the couch. "HEY! That's brand new, cut it out!" She nudged the cub away with her foot and sighed. She turned her attention back to her previous task. With a swipe on her HUD, she pieced together a message.

To: ChaseR

Couldn't catch you at the guild hall yesterday, so here's my hello! How about a quest? Don't say no, I have nobody to go with : (

That was a lie, but she'd see if it worked.

Brought along:

Damage +3: 164236-1

Loot Dice+3: 164290-2

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 63
HP: 1290/1290
EN: 126/126

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 66
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit Rank 1 [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Fighter

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify
Barrier Rank 2

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter HP Potions (+50 HP)*3

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

Having just finished getting some small arrangements done with his own house, Chase was surprised to see a flash of his HUD, the normal message notification. He quietly opened up his menu and looked over to his inbox, surprised to see that Haine had been the one to reach out to him of all people. The one other bluehead he'd met and quested with alongside her boyfriend, if he recalled correctly. "The hell's this about?", he raised an eyebrow and gave their chat a quick look, starting to sweat slightly just from the fact he'd been sighted snooping about their guild hall- although he did have some business even out there.

"The quest tidbit is just fine, b-but I refuse to acknowledge anything with guilds..!", he grumbled and began to type up a reply for the bluenette, not missing out on his trademark typo of the day.

ChaseR: I'm not part of the guild, that's why. Freyd was just shwoing me some things for reasons.
ChaseR: Whatever. Where should we meet for the quest? I'm down.

His way of thinking how to type out the message was jumbled and that showed more so in his texts than anything else really. Adding just how vague he'd been about his business once he and the captain, to his ignorance, were done duking a monster out in the arena, he wasn't making up a case too bright for himself. But no matter, he'd find some way to get her mind off of him ever having stepped foot near Firm Anima's guild hall. Hopefully.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 51
HP: 1050/1050
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:31
VAMP DEF:52
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

The cub, ever so insistent, would not relent. "Want up?" The polar bear sat on his fluffy tush and cooed. She leaned forward and scooped the heavy cub into her arms. He was getting chunky as of late. She had no doubt that Kiluia was the culprit. He couldn't resist those beady eyes. Another flash on her HUD brought forth her attention. A quick response, fingers crossed that he'd take the invitation.

To: ChaseR

Oops, my bad! Well it's nice to see you again regardless.

Floor 16, fixing to skewer a snake. A pain in the ass according to the broker.

Meet me in town if you're game 0/ I'm heading there now!

She lounged around a bit longer before she decided it was enough time spent idle. She set the cub down on the empty spot beside her and pulled her hair into a bun. A quick swipe at her HUD and her cozy wear was replaced with an armored fit. She took the broker's advice to heart and removed some consumables. A sweet treat and a vile potion to chase it down. She scrunched her nose at the mysterious tonic. Oh well. She plugged her nose and downed the solution. Her reward, a delicious set of palmiers. 

Consumes: 

Damage +3: 164236-1, Loot Dice+3: 164290-2

Haine | HP: 1290/1290 | EN: 126/126 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 BLD:36 | LD: +4

Edited by Haine

This time, he didn't text her back. He started to get ready, groaning and picking up Blizz along with him. It was a while since he last brought out his pangolin for a hunt, having mostly been keeping him as a house pet if anything. "C'mon little guy. We're going hunting for a snake.", he almost cooed at him and began to head right on outside, making his way all the way to the settlement through the safezone and taking the teleporter to the sixteenth. If memory served him well, he'd fought plenty of enemies over here, but it still felt new all the same.

He was either mistaking it or just not spending enough time on the floor. Regardless, now that he was where he needed to be, he checked his messages once more to see whether Haine had sent him any specific instructions, yawning and letting the pangolin off of his shoulder and down onto the ground. He shot her a quick message to let her know he'd arrived, throwing both hands behind his head and waiting quietly, giving a look around occasionally until he realized she was just a bit further away this entire time. "Ah, hey.", he waved and made his way to her, smiling slightly.

A volcanic island it was. Haine was ever grateful to have nabbed that survival skill. The weather around certain floors was outright brutal, she felt like she could fry or freeze, no in between. Now imbued with better skill, she could withstand these climates. She left her cozy abode and set forth for the location of the grind. She walked down the short path to town, footsteps quick and rehearsed. She'd been living here for quite some while, she knew the ins and outs of the area surrounding the estate. A step into the safe zone and she was in range to teleport to floor sixteen, the location of their rendezvous.

She arrived at the village and looked around. It had a primitive feel to it, small huts scattered across loose soil. A soft mist brushed over the island floor, it smelt of the ocean. A while under the store front and she'd grown antsy. Haine exhaled and pulled up her HUD. Handy-dandy trackers, these things were. The fellow bluenette was wandering aimlessly around town. She moved further to the teleport gate and intercepted him there. "Heya!" Haine waved. She could spot his bright blue hair instantly in a crowd of dark haired villagers.

The soft white fluff trailed loyally by her ankles. He stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of a strange, blue, spiky creature. The hair on his back prickled and he hid for cover behind Haine's leg. She tilted her head fixed her attention on the... blue thing. It had an odd, cute charm to it. "Aww, is that your baby?" The woman stepped forward. "What's your name, lil' fella?" She reached a hand out as if to try and pet him, but she reconsidered. How sharp were those spikes?

"...Can I?"

Edited by Haine

As soon as he noticed Haine's fluffball, he couldn't help but smile a little. "A-Ah, right. Yeah, go ahead.". Blizz on the other hand noticed how Haine was about to pet him but stopped, thinking she must be afraid. And thus, he tried to scare her by croaking and sticking his tongue out of his mouth, swinging it around a bit before putting it back his mouth. The icy scales on his back reflected the harsh sunlight, but overall neither of the two seemed too affected by the heat. It was more so surprising in Blizz' case seeing as he had been tamed back in the fourth, probably like the cub that was behind Haine. Chase crouched and looked down at it, tilting his head.

"... Polar bear? In a game like this?", he asked and looked up at her, furrowing his brows just slightly and crossing his arms. He wanted to pet it, but then again he was surprised with just how many creatures resided in Aincrad- and the sort of creatures that did, too. He'd mostly seen monsters more akin to abominations than real animals, so this did come off as a fair surprise. "Anyways, say... What now? Something about a snake?"

Haine gaped for a moment. The strange, oddly adorable creature taunted her. Nevermind, pats were only for good boys. She withdrew her palm and scratched the back of her head instead. "Guess not then." Her attention moved to the bear beside her in light of the other's comment. "Yup! I was just as surprised." She knelt down and scooped the trembling cub into her arms. The hair on his back prickled. "Easy, bud." She coddled Mishka, as if to comfort a child.

The topic shifted to other matters and her attention piqued. "Oh, right!" She cleared her throat. "So, quest broker let me in on this snake quest." She pointed a finger in the direction of Timbuktu, the entrance of a jungle. "Right in that direction. It'll be tough to catch." She tapped a finger on her chin. "And it has thick skin, so strike hard."  She clasped her hands together. "That's the gist of it! Thoughts, comments, concerns?"

Edited by Haine

As soon as she pulled her hand back despite how she was about to pat him, Blizz ran to her and almost gripped her leggings with his claws, trying to get her attention. Just like a child, he wanted his fair share of affection given her intent was to pat it in the first place- he calmed down when he got what he wanted, threw a fit when he didn't. On the other hand was Chase, who quietly listened to what Haine had to say and looked her in the eyes with a blank expression throughout. "I see. It'll probably either have high mitigation or ignore some attacks then..."

"Uh, one question. What is a quest broker..? Do you ask Bistro or something for quests or is there a special NPC that lets you in on secrets like this? Also what's the name of the monster? I think I might have heard of it before from someone who didn't go to a quest broker, so... you probably got scammed if you paid for the info.", he added in the end, huffing and stuffing both of his hands in his jacket's pockets as he tapped his foot on the ground silently. "... Still, a snake. It must be either so large it doesn't have evasion, or it'll have lots of evasion alright. This might be tedious.".

"Ah, and while we're at it. Where's it going to appear?", he added another more relevant question, tilting his head to the side. Usually, field bosses had to be found somewhere around the floor- not looked for. At least, in most cases, that is.

The icy creature tottered over to her, gripping her leggings with his claws. "Hmm?" She looked down, in mock confusion. She had a feeling the familiar was jealous of something, probably all the attention on the cub in her arms. She knelt down and Mishka jumped off. He skittered off to make distance and observed the others from there. The woman cooed and rested a palm on his icy scales. It felt strange, like the beginnings of a frost bite. She outstretched her palms as an invitation for the pangolin to hop on.

She stood up and faced ChaseR.

"I find mine around taverns," she noted. "People that'll tip you in the right direction for a price." She waved her hand in defense. "Of course, you'll find a bad apple every now and then. But hey, I'm sittin' on a pile of col and that sp won't budge by itself." She blew strands of blue out of periphery. "Snake goes by Hebishinu. It'll be more tedious than dangerous at our level." She pulled out her map and squinted at the coords she marked. "One sec, I'll send you the coords." She held down the map point and sent it as a message to the other. "Right around there, hiding in the riverbank."

Edited by Haine

As soon as she rested her hand on him, he croaked rather pleasantly, trying to rub himself against her. The moment he was given a chance though, he hopped right onto her palms, almost balled up with his head lifted towards her. "Seems like he's taken a liking to you.", Chase commented, noting the pangolin's childish behavior at play yet another time. As for the coordinates... He quickly took note and gestured her to follow behind, starting to make his way for the riverbank. He'd forgotten about the white ball of fluff on the ground, putting both his hands behind his head.

A comfortable stance for both himself and reaching his weapon in a hurry. "Oh, uh. You got scammed, by the way. Check your quest log more, yeah?", he looked over his shoulder at her and asked with a small smile, somewhat distraught that she ended up getting conned for some Col simply at the promise of more skill points. "... So... tedious as in? Do we have to find it? What's the catch?", he asked with a deep sigh, expecting Kayaba's antics to be at their absolute worst this time around- not like they'd done him much good in other quests either. Hell, whatever had Kayaba's name on it usually spelled out trouble or emotional trauma, short term or not.

"Aww, what a cute lil' fella." She gushed at the pangolin curling up on her palms. She pulled him up to her chest and nuzzled him. She could handle the cold for a little until it about made her fingers numb. She approached the blue haired swordsman and put the pangolin up to his shoulder, hoping he would crawl back. "What's his name, by the way?"

They made their way down the path to the riverbank. ChaseR's comment caused her face to flush a beet red. "W-What? What'd'ya mean?!" Scam? Damn it. And here she thought she was let onto something special. "You're telling me it's on your quest log too o-or-" She put all else aside and scrolled through her quest log. Surely enough at the bottom, the name of that stupid quest was hiding in a sea of other quests. She cursed under her breath. "Ah, oh well." She marked the actual quest coordinate, which was fortunately not too off from what the coords that fellow gave her. "So! Totally not mad or whatever but we're here and we're on the right track-"

Haine squared her shoulders and willed away her bottled rage. 

"Tedious as in..." she blinked hard. "It's a snake? Thick skin, mad evasion, an um. Safeguard, the dude said?" She scratched the back of her head. This was exactly why she left quest plans to Firm Anima. She could follow orders to a T, but when left to her own devices, she jumped in without frills and forethought, focused on the rewards she could reap.

They reached the coordinates at last. 

But where was the damn thing?

ID: #169036

LD: 6+7=13 [ failed to locate Hebishinu ]

Edited by Haine

Seeing just how little she held onto Blizz, Chase shrugged (literally) and took him back onto his shoulder, looking at her as she asked and just nodding along. "... Mmmhm... NIGHT told me about it, but ever since I've had it on my quest log. Herbinisu or something.", he confirmed his assumption and kept nodding to himself, until the effects came. Those were some words he'd quite literally never heard since the Second Lessons quest. "..? Safeguard? Wait, I've... We've used Safeguard before, haven't we?", he asked her and quickly pulled out a message log, ready to punch down whatever they remembered about it.

Sadly, he didn't recall quite much. He wanted to add this missing piece to his database of a library, having forgotten everything about it. In the meantime though, he gave a few glances around, hoping the snake wouldn't appear just yet. And from the looks of it, it didn't. If it had, holy damn did it do a good job at camouflaging itself to blend in with its surroundings. "... So? Safeguard? Do you remember anything about it?", his barrage of questions continued as he gave her a glance almost thirsting for an answer. That's just how much he wanted to fill in his library with all the game's essential information.

image.png.cfaeef947cfdb8cf561522a3dddd060a.png

LD: 8 + 2 = 10 [Failed to locate Hebinishu]

Edited by ChaseR
wow, i fucked up the name just like Chase :)))))

"That's, um," Haine facepalmed, "Really embarrassing." In all honesty, Haine was not the brightest apple in the bunch. On top of that, the woman was incorrigibly naive. Of course she got scammed like an idiot, the man seemed friendly enough to be earnest, but he had merely restated the bare bones of a quest that anyone could figure out. She was swift to change the topic. "Um, safeguard? That just means no matter what ya do, your hit won't deal any damage. Two safeguards I think, so save that energy." She combed her hair through her wild locks. The wind blowed to and fro, tangling it up quite a bit.

The location of interest was there in front of them. "Ssh." Eyes flickered about the eerily quiet body of water. Something was skulking around in there. Her senses spotted a ripple in the water and an emergence of scale before it dipped down. She shot ChaseR a sideway glance and approached with her spear ready to harpoon. "There. We strike while it's off guard," she whispered at the bluehead.

ID: 169278

LD: 14+4=18 [ Hebishinu Located ]

Edited by Haine

Chase nodded and slowed down to not get it any more wary than it already was, stretching his neck slightly as he waited. And them came the perfect spot. He lunged right at it and slashed downwards, using no sword art and just his own hand movements- a basic attack in every way possible. He could tell that its hide was way too tough, it wouldn't take any damage even without the safeguard effect. Right now though, he was doing well, a part of its skin quickly shed as soon as the attack connected.

"One safeguard down.", he notified Haine and quickly put his blade in front of himself, blocking Hebishinu's counter attack and pushing him away by the side with a groan, holding his ground and preparing to attack back the moment his partner had at last attempted to get a hit in- if she was able to. The landscape wasn't helping either of them any, being mostly trees and water. Nothing easy to maneuver in, really.

Spoiler

image.png.c7d5f83ec688d5fa3553dafa00683c00.png

image.png.d603b489d6c0ad86b9641815f259055b.png

ChaseR uses Basic Attack on Hebishinu! (BD: 9)
SAFEGUARD DOWN

Hebishinu attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 100/102 (-2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 52 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[0] Haine:

Hebishinu: HP: 600/600 | DMG: 140 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | SAFEGUARD [1/2]

*If Hebishinu lands 9-10 on BD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll.

Edited by ChaseR

She moved behind him, lance readied for a strike. She whistled at the cracking sound of Hebishinu's scales. His shell peeled away at a vulnerable spot to strike. She kept her eyes centered like a hawk slipped in after him, jabbing at the thin layer. With a slight crack, the protective cover shattered. Her eyes ignited at the telltale sign. "Perfect! That's two down. Now, the real deal." She twirled her glaive and a mischievous smirk painted her lips. She had to stay alert, it was a snake of all things. The creature moved at whiplash speed, slithering up vines to gain higher ground. Appendages coiled around the tree bark. The snake's tongue darted to and fro, emerald eyes trained down at the others like a hawk.

"Geez, that's kinda freakin' me out..." She cringed and averted her gaze, breaking eye contact with Hebishinu. The bastard meant business. He moved swifter than she could blink.

ID: 169379

BD: 5+3=7 [ HIT ] 19*2

[3] ChaseR: HP: 1050/1050 | EN: 100/102 (-2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 52 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[0] Haine | HP: 1290/1290 | EN: 124/126 (-2) | DMG: 22 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 BLD:36 | LD: +4

Hebishinu: HP: 600/600 | DMG: 140 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | SAFEGUARD [0/2]

Edited by Haine

Seeing Haine get a hit on, he simply grinned. They took care of the safeguard effect already and now, it was time to start hacking at the snake itself. The two had encountered no issues whatsoever so far. Now's when the tricky part started. The snake began move around, in between the trees and through the water, attempting some form of a maneuver. That wouldn't work though, as the blueberry raised his sword and prepared to slash down at it.

He waited for the right moment, before heaving and bringing his sword down to smite his opponent with everything he had- however, it tightened its grip around one of the trees and broke the log, sending not only sharpnels right towards Chase but also the whole log coming down on top. He quickly cancelled out his attack and blocked the sharpnels with his sword, only for the snake itself to lean in and bite him on the shoulder, leaving him to drop in the muddy waters paralyzed with his sword buried in the ground. "I-It can paralyze..?!"

Spoiler

image.png.7f9b718ea5b0bbfd44f181ffe5a56f55.png

image.png.c5f3c986f37c6feaa0b66ed0fd13c123.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Hebishinu! (BD: 10, LD: 9)
ChaseR missed him through the leafage.

Hebishinu attacks ChaseR! (BD: 9, CD: 10)
141 - 43 = 98

[3] ChaseR: HP: 952/1050 (-98) | EN: 100/102 (+1, -2) | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 52 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZED
[1] Haine | HP: 1290/1290 | EN: 124/126 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 BLD:36 | LD: +4

Hebishinu: HP: 600/600 | DMG: 140 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | SAFEGUARD [0/2]

*If Hebishinu lands 9-10 on BD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll.

Edited by ChaseR

Her focus trained one hundred percent on the mob, studying its patterns to wait for a safe moment to strike. There was none, however. Every move against this thing was russian roulette. And russian roulette it was, when the viperous, hideous, scaly bastard injected ChaseR with its venom. Haine gaped and watched him flop over into the shallow pool. No, this would not do...

"ChaseR! You alright?" the older called out, rushing to his aid. He was superglued to the floor. The distraction kept her eyes off Hebishinu long enough for it to uncoil from the tree and dart her way. With a shriek, she side stepped. "Would ya watch it?" She bit back at the creature. Spear trained by her side, she charged an attack. To no avail, however. The reptile, in its element, moved faster than she could comprehend its speed and position. She let out an exasperated sigh. This thing was tedious, alright.

Spoiler

ID: 169528

BD: 1 [ CRIT FAIL ]

[3] ChaseR: HP: 952/1050 | EN: 100/102  | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 52 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2] | PARALYZED
[1] Haine | HP: 1290/1290 | EN: 122/126 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 BLD:36 | LD: +4

Hebishinu: HP: 600/600 | DMG: 140 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | SAFEGUARD [0/2]

Edited by Haine

It took a moment or two for him to even feel like he was back in his body. Whatever coursed through him knocked him completely out of commission. He tried to get up and avoid the attack he could see coming right at him from afar, almost failing to do so when he realized the snake took its shot and missed- thankfully, it bit right into the waters next to them, splashing them and doing nothing more than that.

When the attack had been thrown, he was back to his senses again and made an attempt to back out, looking over at Haine. "S-Sorry about that. The snake's got some form of poison. If it gets me, try to hit it before it gets too far away."

Spoiler

image.png.08cdf06d9813b05a87722cbefd1a19a5.png

ChaseR is paralyzed! (BD: -)

Hebishinu attacks ChaseR! (MD: 5)
ATTACK MISSED

[3] ChaseR: HP: 999/1050 (+47) | EN: 101/102 (+1)  | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 52 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[1] Haine | HP: 1290/1290 | EN: 122/126 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 BLD:36 | LD: +4

Edited by ChaseR

"U-Uh-" The scatterbrained side of her was starting to show, her gaze whipping back to ChaseR and then Hebishinu, and back again. "Okay. Hang in there, I'll whoop his ass!" She narrowed her eyes and trained her gaze at the scaly nuisance. "Alright. This is getting old bud," she muttered, waiting for the reptile to stop slithering around. It seemed to know her strategy (or lack thereof). The bluenette's eyes were getting loopy trying to tag it down and keep up with its erratic twists and turns.

She held her glaive in the air, waiting for an opportune moment that didn't seem to come. It slithered near range, as if to tease her. She, none the wiser, aimed her glaive at its body. In a split second, the end collided with the wet mud. She let out a muffled, close mouthed scream of frustration.

"Ugh! Just stay put, will ya?"

ID: 169534

BD: 8 [ MISS ]

LD: 3

Edited by Haine

After Haine missed her own attack because of this damn rainforest or whatever the fuck this hellscape was meant to be, Chase tried another shot at slashing Hebishinu down. He approached the snake and finally got a good position, a glimmer in his eyes as he drew his blade back and prepared to slash. As soon as he did, another tree fell from being coiled too tightly, falling on top of the boy. It was slashed in half before it even touched him, of course, and that only pissed him off more.

This whole damn forest would be cut down if that's all it took to get a single hit through Hebi's thick skin. "It's not even dangerous, it's just trying to piss us off..!", he growled, shaking his head and trying to hold his composure. It quickly slid right his way to attack, only to get slammed by the flat side of his blade and sent to the side just slightly, hissing in return. "Move it!", he shouted at it in annoyance, huffing.

Spoiler

image.png.2f3101d0e620b834bf9e924af913c8a6.png
ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Hebishinu! (BD: 10, LD: 6)
ChaseR got caught up in the foliage.

Hebishinu attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

[4] ChaseR: HP: 1030/1050 (+31) | EN: 100/102 (+1, -2)  | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 43 | BH: 31 | FRZ: 24 | BLD: 24 | V.(DEF): 52 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[1] Haine | HP: 1290/1290 | EN: 121/126 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 BLD:36 | LD: +4

Edited by ChaseR