Dustin

[PP|F3]Hunting in anonymity <<DHA 3: Opal Hatchling>>

Dustin was finally getting comfortable again, and he hated it. The silence used to be deafening, all he ever heard was the clash of defeat, the player's horror as he disappeared. Now Dustin heard nothing, not even the ringing of steel. "I can't forget the pain I've caused." His eyes would close and he would try his best to picture the player he killed in the snow that day.

Nothing.

He wanted so badly to remember the face, but he couldn't. All he saw was the print in the snow, the lack of a person made it ominous in its own right. No tracks to or from what obviously was a death spot. Had he not been sleeping in the snow of the fourth floor he might have forgotten the nip of Jack Frost at his nose. Today was different though. He noticed that the monument room was almost dead silent, and for the first time in months Dustin heard nothing. That room used to be filled with pain and hatred, from Dustin and everyone else who had a friend on that wall. I can't just forget about what I did, it's my sin. My burden. My cross to bear. If I forget, then I'm no better than that man.

Even if he needed to bear hell, that didn't mean he had to focus on it all day and night. Today he was going to finally take down that dragon quest he had followed with Arabelle. "I used to love this quest, made me feel like a real warrior." He would say as he pushed through the field before walking past a very familiar house. Over grown and practically falling apart, Dustin could almost see himself running around tending to the slime farm and growing a garden around back. Now it was full of weeds and death, empty where the most beautiful Hydrangeas used to grow.

Dustin would turn and quickly walk past, making his way out even further into the wilderness in search of that monster he was hunting. He needed to think, and his mind was quietest during a fight.

Spoiler

Stats

HP: 600

EN: 60

DMG: 15

MIT: 12

ACC: 2

EVA: 4

BH: 6

Inventory:

Oroboros:[Jewelry][2x Accuracy] A silver ring with a dragon eating its tail on it

Strength of Thor:[T2 Handwraps][3x Damage] Black hand wraps with a nordic design following the trim and mjolnir lace pattern on the back of his fists. The knuckles are studded with what appears to be rocks.

Azure Overcoat:[T2 Light Armor][3x Evasion] A jolting sapphire military-inspired jacket. This goat grants the wearer extraordinary elusiveness.

Skills:

Rank 5 Martial Arts [with Ferocity Mod]

Rank 3 Light Armor

Rank 1 Battle Healing

Tragedy? Killing another human being? Sins of the past weighing down on their shoulders?

Wow, that couldn't be NIGHT at all!

(Except for that last one. Maybe. But that's another topic for discussion another day.)

What really bothered her more was the urging of her broker to hunt for another baby dragon this day. There were so many -- so young, so small, and for some strange reason to Cardinal so in need of being slain. Whatever for; jewels? Artisans worked with the stuff in such large amounts, the player didn't see the issue with replacing what they'd needed it for with some other replica of its design. It was on the third floor that her gremlin mark resided, amongst the fields far away from the misty forest of old.

Good. She didn't really want to turn towards that labyrinth, anyway.

NIGHT gave the settlement around her a look as she materialized into its center -- largely unchanged, and her gaze lingered upon a familiar blacksmith's sign before she tore it away from the quest location. One quick confirmation of her mark's whereabouts with the menu, and she'd set off on her way.

For dragon infanticide.

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 165/165
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 76
  | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5
  | Stealth Detection: 5 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Dragon's Gaze
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

Dustin wasn’t going to lie to himself, some company might be nice. Only issue being he was about 95% sure everyone he knew hated him or disappeared. It was hard but he’d put himself in this hellish loneliness when his brother’s killer was stricken down by a kid with a bad attitude and an itch in his trigger finger. “Son of a-“ he would say quietly to himself as he ripped through the thicker brush. “Where an I going to find someone new to help me?” His words seemed almost pointed despite not being aimed at anyone in particular. He was already half-way to the quest marker and had no reason to turn around. Well, unless you count him needing company and he could probably use a few potions.

But he struggled onwards, however, he was walking much slower now. Almost meandering, he would look around to see if he could find someone to talk to. The empty woods were almost ominous, but with the light shining through to the dirt path, the young boy couldn’t help but mutter the word he thought best fit this scene. The wonderful trees placed in parallel lines, leaning over a dirt path speckled with rays of sunshine dancing as clouds covered them up.

”Beautiful.”

He would mutter that simple word, before continuing to lumber through the forest.

Who in the world would be talking to themselves in the middle of the forest?

She'd tilted her head when she spotted the stray figure in the distance. Amidst the lush greens and the streaks of sun tearing away at the lovely view, there happened to be another player aimlessly pacing about -- not that NIGHT could capture what they were speaking about. Too far away.

Had there been another mark nearby that the woman was familiar with, she might've been certain that he was headed to its location to run its meek form through. But the dragons were the trouble with these odd, out-of-the-way spots across the various floors. It only stood reason that the man was headed the same way she was, the player figured, taking multiple steps behind them after slipping into the dark.

There was something fun about tailing people now. Or perhaps her double's influence had rubbed off a little too much on her. A curse inwardly, the woman fighting against an urge to close the distance between them, as though tempting fate to see how quickly she'd be able to be caught. Nonetheless, even through the thicket she'd keep the figure in her sights.

After all, if the dragon did appear, she'd have to get in her kill too.