Ferox’s Journal

BBC79D92-04FD-4EB3-8040-1301B4774146.thumb.jpeg.fe193093094d7330deb684ddec6f21c5.jpeg

<<Profile>>

Legal Name - Kade Campbell

Username - Ferox

Age - 18

Height - 6’2”

Weight - 165

Birthday - August 13th

Ethnic Origin - Northern European (Caucasian)

Current Level - 1

About/History/Personality:

<<About>>

So, you decided to come in here like you owned the place and just read whatever, huh? Absolutely no regard for what I want to keep private, is that it? That’s kind of inconsiderate, don’t you think? It kinda makes me uncomfortable. I’m joking of course, I’d probably do the same thing. I’m Kade, as I’m sure you’ve picked up by now, and since you’ve made it clear thus far that you have poor tastes in literature, if you could call any of this valid literature, then I advise you to continue to read this self aware monster of a character page.

It’s difficult to tell you about me, because honestly I have no idea where to start. I could start with the basics like “what are my deepest fears?”, “What is my favorite food?”, “What barrel in video game history do I find the most aesthetically pleasing?”, et cetera, et cetera. The thing is though, that feels so very tedious and to be perfectly clear I just have better things to do, or at least I feel like I do.

So instead, we are going to go on a little adventure down the recent roads of the past to figure out how exactly things went oh so very wrong. Probably, the moment I logged in. I used the handle I normally use when playing a medieval styled game, which is Cyrus, and low and behold it was taken. So while cursing under my breath I chose my second option, then the third, and the fourth, but about thirty minutes later I finally settled on one with some semblance of originality, Ferox, which I still probably can’t pronounce.

Anyway, then came the realization, the baddie speech, I’m sure you know the drill and so the hell starts. I joined up with a group of people during the chaos that followed, thinking we’d stand a better chance together. We did, for a long time, but that fell apart after a bit of an incident. So, now I just do my own thing.

<<History>> (still a work in progress, needs to be refined a lot)

Born to a middle class family who lived in a downtown metropolis was Kade Campbell. Kade grew to be a kind and considerate child who loved to help and talk with others, despite the fact he was very good in school he was also diagnosed with ADHD resulting in the impulsiveness one would expect from such a diagnosis, he was very good in school. Though an introvert by nature, Kade came to enjoy talking to people, he loved to socialize and would go out of his way just to talk to someone. He was kind and generous, and would do anything he could to help anyone, from one of his friends to a stranger on the roadside. 

However, he met an obsessive individual who manipulated him and exploited his kindnesses for their own gain. He later moved away, and he was drained emotionally. Later, he ran into the same problem, and this time, he broke. He became depressed, and would frequently lash out at others. Even long after the person was gone. He was a different person after that, he became terrified of the feeling of vulnerability, and never wanted to feel like or be manipulated like that again. So he built up walls around him to keep people out. He began to distance himself emotionally from his colleagues, slowly creating a chasm between himself and everyone else.

He turned to video games to replace his lack of social warmth, and found them to be very enjoyable, especially ones that were online and you play with or against others. That eventually led him down the path that would ultimately bring him here, where he met a group of individuals he would grow to trust. However, said group was betrayed by its founding member, and was ultimately wiped out, all except for Kade, one absentee, and the founding member in question.

Virtues:

Loyal - 

Desperation and loneliness are great driving forces behind Kade’s overwhelming sense of loyalty towards his friends. He fears losing them because they won’t accept him, so on the rare occasion when he does make friends, he does everything in his power to assist them whenever and however he can. He will fiercely protect those he cares for even if it means he could easily die.

Level Headed - 

If your life is in danger, the easiest way to lose it is by panicking. Kade is able to maintain a clear mind in stress inducing situations and act, some may call it bravery or courage but in truth he just doesn’t easily panic. Thought there are specific times where he might panic or lose his cool and become rampant, but those situations are so rare that you almost don’t have to worry about them.

Modest and Understanding -

Though he may not trust most people, he is still able to understand them and even take on their ideas if they make sense. Strangely, he seems as curious towards the intentions of others as he is paranoid about them and actively tries to understand them. Just spitting out theories here, but perhaps it comes from his deep rooted desire for someone to understand him? 

Flaws:

Vindictive -

A trait he recently developed during the game, in which his group of friends was betrayed by one that brought them together, leaving many dead. Kade spends most of his time tracking down the elusive founder with violent intent on his mind, seeking to avenge his fallen friends. His sense of reason, his moral compass, and his fears were unable to stop him. The psychology of revenge is a very interesting one to say the least.

Insensitive - 

He isn’t exactly known for being tactful or considerate, he doesn’t do sugar coating either. He says what he thinks when he wants, regardless of who is around to hear, even if that means being abrasive. So don’t expect him to say comforting words when in a tight situation or if you irritate him.

Paranoid - 

The intentions of others can sometimes be difficult to read, years ago, multiple friendships with narcissistic obsessive individuals sucked the life from Kade. Leaving him tired and miserable, after finding a way to end those friendships, he found it incredibly hard to trust others again, fearing the same path would follow. Not to mention, he assumes everyone he doesn’t fully know is a liar or con artist.

Profession: (Leave blank until the Earning a Living quest has been completed.)

Skills

Non-combat:

» None

Passive:

» None

Combat:

» None

Weapon skills:

» None

Inventory

Spoiler

Weapons/Tools:

» Rustic Estoc - (Uncommon 2H Straight Sword | +1 Base DMG)

Description - “A long, thin, and sharp blade with a leather wrapped base and handle.” 

» Leather Brigandine - (Uncommon Light Armor | +9 MIT)

Description - “A full body set of leather armor with metal rivets for reinforcement.”

» Basic Clothes - (Vanity)

Description - “If you always wear armor, you’re overcompensating.”

Misc:

» Starter Health Potion (x3)

» Health Potion (x5) (+50 HP)

» Damage Potion (x1) (+1 DMG)

» Overheal Potion (x1) (+50 Max HP)

» Tier 1 Materials (x12)

Roleplays -

Ongoing -

[SP-F9] Please Don’t Bite My Hand (Feeding The Enemy)

Completed -

» [SP-F1] You’ve Gotta Start Somewhere (The First Few Lessons Are Few)

Inactive -

None

Friends List -
Empty

Story Thus Far -

Kade managed to survive by joining up with a group of people who welcomed him into their fold, but they were betrayed and many of them died. He now spends his time tracking the movements of the individual he feels should be held responsible, and he plans on enacting his vengeance. In order to do that, he needs to get stronger. So he went to do the tutorial quests for what he thought was free experience, unfortunately, these tutorials make you work for that sweet ever so precious experience.

Edited by Ferox