OP - F1 Just having a smoke

Sousuke sat down on the fountain and began his now daily routine of observing the new comers and searching for threats. He had gotten good at spotting which player killers were bad at a glance. He flipped his hair out of his face and lit a cigarette. he began to observe each player passing by from the weapon they were carrying to the armour they wore and the way the walked assessing each individual. He took a puff of his cigarette and stretched his arms above his head. This business was tiring but some one had to do it. He adjusted his coat and leaned forward dropping his head so his bangs hid his eyes continuing his smoke in solitude. He had recently been to a guild meeting and needed a nice break.

"You know, smoking really doesn't give you charisma." Arekkusu said from behind his guild mate. A tactic he learned from Kitty, he can just about sneak up on anyone he wants to. "And if you think it doesn't affect your body, hell yeah it will in this world. How did you even get one of those in here?"

Arekkusu crossed his arms. If a random player were to be smoking in the middle of nowhere, the innocent players can easily see them as a bad player. Especially when this one wasn't able to fight too well yet? Arekkusu had to warn him.

Pyro was walking around aimlessly with no real goal in mind. She was thinking about other things, her mind somewhere completely different. People would say "How rude!" or "Excuse you." Whenever she bumped into them and kept walking. It was funny how people acted. They didn't even realize they were being just as rude whenever they made a comment towards her obliviousness. An odd smell made its way to her nose and she followed, curiosity taking over. An older player was sitting on the edge of the fountain, leaning back. Another nearby. "Don't I know them?' She thought before making the decision to walk over and see if her thoughts were true.

Sousuke heard a voice behind him and realised it was Arekkusu a friend of his from his old guild, he chuckled at his comment and looked him up and down. Recent events had changed Sousuke a lot leading to him being more cold hearted and withdrawn to those around him.

"Good to see you Arek how have you been" he asked taking another puff from the cigarette. "Its not charisma I'm aiming for its just relaxing, i don't have to justify it as for getting one in the game well ... there are ways." He told him in a matter of fact way flipping his hair out of his eyes.

He noticed a girl who was vaguely familar approaching through the crowd and began to observe her curiously trying to figure out where they had met before.

"Oh and Arek you of all people should know I'm not a bad person." He said quite bluntly taking another lung full of smoke

After the guild meeting, I don't have anything much to do,other than rest fr the next day. The sun almost sink on the horizon, announcing the arrival of night. Yet here I am, walking on the city of Floor 1 with no purpose. So many things have been said in guild meeting I need some time to absorb all the information.

Arrived at the town center, a player from the same guild as I am sit down on a fountain with a cigarette in his hand. I approach him and sit a little bit far from him. I never like the smoke from cigarette.

"Hello there. Never knew that we have those thing in SAO."

Pyro suddenly felt out of place. She stopped where she was when someone else approached the group. 'I-I can't... That's weird!' She told herself, shaking her head. People around her stared at her strangely. Pyro could tell it was the people who encountered her and Sol yesterday and it made her feel even more out of place. A very heavy blush and frown made its way onto her face.

"Well I am not strong enough to defend you all the time." Arekkusu said to Sousuke. "And it's not really the most appealing to be smoking, other players aren't too fond of it and tend to leave you alone."

Arekkusu then heard a familiar voice from the side. Arekkusu turned his head to see Yuji from a distance. Awesome, maybe he could help Arekkusu out... if he were any closer that is. Arekkusu was used to the smell of smoke since he went to Downtown Disney once every two weeks to visit his friend who works there.

"I know right?" Arekkusu said. He then noticed another player was coming. Awfully familiar, but he didn't know from where he had seen her. All he knew was that she didn't seem 100% there... he knew her name, but he couldn't recall it.

"Hey." Arekkusu called out. She was walking to them and could possibly crash, she seemed pretty deep in thought. "Wait, watch out. Watch out!"

As Sousuke was watching girl approach another player appeared of to his side a little ways away clearly not impressed with smoke. Upon further inspection of the player he noticed he belonged to the same guild as himself. Intrested in his appearance Sousuke began to size him up. Judging from his equipment he seemed on par with Arek.

He asked about the cigarette he was holding to which Sousuke simply replied with a shrug "Just gotta know how to get em." He said taking another drag

Pyro thought she heard voices yelling, and shut her eyes tight. She suddenly lost her footing and felt the weightlessness experience you can only feel when falling. Then she felt something cold and wet, and dared to open her left eye. 'The fountain!' She thought and gasped before standing up. Her pants and boots were soaked from where she had fallen in. Luckily it was only knee down, but it was still extremely embarrassing. "Oh,oh! I'm sorry I swear I didn't do it- I mean... excuse me!" Pyro started to back away and tripped again backwards and found herself sitting on the ground.

"Sorry about what?" Arekkusu asked, not expecting an answer since he was going to explain. "You were the one who fell in the water. Are you all right? That fall didn't look too good. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

Arekkusu stood where he was at, he didn't really like to do things unless people ask him to, or when he feels he needs to. He didn't know about her personality yet, so he just waited for her to reply, from there he decides what he will do. The water waved tauntingly, not really a good sight to witness, but what could he do?

Pyro accepted Sousuke's hand and stood up straight. She looked over at Arekkusu and shrugged. "I don't know, it just seemed right to say at the time." She muttered, still a bit embarrassed but her face returned to its normal expressionless look. "I get embarrassed really easy and say dumb things when I am."

She looked over at the cigarette and her eyes lit up. "Say, what did you light that with?"

The girl accepted Sousuke's hand and he helped her up she began to explain her erratic behaviour which Sousuke concluded, fitted her perfectly. She asked what Sousuke lit his cigarette with and from his pocket he produced a zippo lighter with which i did a neat little trick with and flicked it open producing a small flame.

He threw it towards the girl for her to take a look at. "Here i have others anyway" he said to her as he sat back down on the fountain edge.

Pyro smiled from ear-to-ear, flashing pearly white teeth. She flicked open the lighter and held the flame over her fingers, lightly burning the tips. 'I wonder if this lowers my HP?' She thought. The other players should only guess she loved fire because of her name. What she did was completely normal... wasn't it? After a few moments she stopped and put it in her inventory. "Thank you. I haven't seen lighters in a while. Addictions never die out." She whispered the last sentence to herself but kept smiling anyway at the people in front of her. "It wouldn't of been too bad for me to just walk up and say hi like a normal person I guess."

Arekkusu sighed. He forgot that he was surrounded in a world where everyone was older than Arekkusu himself. He was one of the few players to be so young, but age doesn't matter if you are smart and can survive long enough to be strong. Maybe that's why he speaks so highly despite being so young. It's a wonder why he barely can't get friends his own age, but some that are much older than him.

"And there goes another smoke." Arekkusu said with his palm on his face. "All I know is that you won't catch me with one of those in my mouth."

Arekkusu looked at Yuji, wanting to catch up with old friends. "Hey Yuji." Arekkusu said. "How are you amigo, it has been quite a while since we fought Nepents."

Now that obtained Arekkusus interest. That was awesome, he always had an addiction for fire. In video games especially, he always fought water with Fire, grease fire to exact since water doesn't take it out.

"Fire?" Arekkusu asked. "Now that's awesome! I love fire, in fact, I'm ready to get a burn effect into a new weapon I'm about to obtain. That's one way to set things on fire in this game."

Pyro squealed. "~No way! How exciting would that be? So cool, I'm jealous. Thank you for telling me I'm for sure going to get that when I'm a higher level!" Fire was her all-time favorite. "It's cool someone else enjoys fire like I do. Though, I did used to take it far too serious in real life." Pyro giggled softly and crossed her arms, no longer embarrassed and quite confident. "I feel better now."

"Well I don't think I used fire too well in a good way." Arekkusu said. "I was pretty destructive to say the least while I was 10."

Arekkusu then looked at the direction of the sun, it seems that the night was about to fall. He had no preparation for the night. He only had his blade, scarf, and his armor. Great... he couldn't even go home either since he was floors away. His shop only had room for Arekkusu, not that great of an idea.

"The night..." Arekkusu stated.