OP - F1 Just having a smoke

Pyro wondered why her new acquaintance seemed a bit off. 'Maybe worried.' She thought. "It's only night! I sleep in the most random of places and hang out around town." She said in attempt to cheer Arekkusu, all the while being completely oblivious to the dangers of SAO. "Plus you got two friend with you right now." Pyro added with a slight smile on her face.

I didn't realize Arekkusu presence. When he greets me, I'm surprised a little. Turning around my friend near the guy that smokes. I scratch my head and smile.

"Hello there Arekkusu. I'm fine here. So who's that girl with you?"

I look at the smoker and the girl. I never seen her before. I didn't have the courage to talk to her, this mouth of mine brings too much misunderstanding. The smoker have some resemblance with Tom..but that's impossible. I shrug, maybe reality didn't slap me in the face hard enough.

Sousuke watched the exchange between the two with little interest. Fire to him was a curse, his days in the military had left him with some pretty nasty mental scars that most people would be broken by it takes an exeptional will to not be taken over by that sort of thing. He also saw yuji looking at him as if he knew him.

"I hate fire in the war the the things people used fire for was well ... you don't want to know" Sousuke said to them as he lit. another cigarette

"The girls name is, Pyro I believe." Arekkusu said as he then turned his head to Yuji. "She is a former new player, but she seems to be getting the hang of things... except for what happens at night."

Arekkusu then looked back at Pyro, he wanted to make sure his point was clear. "The night is one of the worst places to get caught up in." Arekkusu said. "Your accuracy drops by one, giving enemies a better chance at avoiding attacks. Also, lets play scenario. Night time is when many players sleep, so they go into safe zones to just about guarantee safety. But one type of player isn't allowed to go in safe zones... Player Killers. And I might have said that not all player killers are guilty, that doesn't mean there is no risk. And if all the players are home, who else can you look to in order to survive? Yuji and I can't hold off every player in this game on our own... that's suicide."

Arekkusu heard the statement of fire next. That was in the view of one. "Fire is like a butterknife, or any knife for that matter." Arekkusu said. "It saved many people during the Ice Age, but then again it ended many people at the same time. A knife can be used to make a peanut butter jelly sandwich, or it can be used to stab someone. It's all in how the person, or in this case, player uses something."

He then looked at everyone in the group at the same time. "We all need to get to the town on this floor and make a strategy on how we plan on getting some sleep or how we all return home." Arekkusu said to the group.

"I'm fine, you know, I don't need you to take care of me though it's really nice that you'd consider it." Pyro looked at Arekkusu.

Pyro nods in a friendly way towards Yuji. "If you don't mind I'll be taking off. It'd be nice if we could call ourselves friends or at least acknowledge that we've met if we ever encounter one another again." Pyro crossed her arms and took a glace at each player in the eye. She was being completely serious.

Sousuke nodded to pyro as she spoke to them all. he pondered what she said for a moment and decided the best course of action would be to get them all a room for the night and decide what to do tomorrow morning. ''If you don't mind shall we all get a room at the tavern tonight ill pay for us all my treat, and pyro your welcome to come along after all we are friends now right.'' he said smiling

Free stuff? Arekkusu loved money a lot, so to save some for a place to sleep is awesome for him. He was satisified with this result, but they still haad to get to the town first... then they could enjoy themselves. Would they all be paid for though? That is a lot of rooms to pay for, but Arekkusu wouldn't even dare mention that. He felt like a happy kind again.

"All riiight!" Arekkusu said with excitement in his voice. "Lets go! I want to get to town fast."

"Wait a second." Arekkusu said out loud, now losing his interest in a place to stay. "What about... nevermind."

Arekkusu changed his mind, he didn't want to trouble the group with his thoughts. Only he can imagine such scenarios in his mind. He unsheathed his blade though, just in case something like that were to happen. Then he recieved a Pm... from who though? Who would be talking to Arekkusu at this time? Arekkusu opened up his messenger, but instead of a players name, he saw a phone number replacing that area instead. When Arekkusu opened it, he couldn't close it... it wasn't the person that he needed to see at the current moment. Dan, what the hell!? Arekksuu thought, he then mentally read the message fast. I'm sorry Abner, I wished I could've seen you again. Sadly... I won't be there for you anymore... I won't be there for anyone anymore... I need to tell you this befo-

The message was then cut off. Arekkusu stared at the message... he couldn't believe it. Was there any actual way that Dan...? Arekksuu wanted to hide the message by replying quickly. He placed in three dots, then sent it, only to recieve a message. Player is no longer active.

"I think I'll... stay behind." Arekkusu said to the group as he walked further, just the opposite direction of the town. "I'll see you later... friends..."

Sousuke watched as Arekkusu left in the other direction he made a mental note to ask him about it later perhaps tomorrow if he arrived for now he concentrated on getting the rest of the group to the safe zone and to the inn. Once they arrived Sousuke paid for the rooms they would need and turned to them all. ''Ok guys my treat what would you like to each and drink order anything you like and yes ill pay for alcohol if you want to heck I might get a beer myself.'' he said laughing waiting for each players order.

"O-Oh." Pyro got up and shook her head, receiving her milk from a waiter. She gulped it down whole and set the glass down, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "Yeah I guess." She looked down embarrassed. 'I'm acting pretty childish.' Pyro thought and looked up at Sousuke with her crimson eyes. "I'm not that fun sorry." Pyro apologized and leaned on the table.

"Mmm~ Thank you!" She hugged Sousuke gently and hung on for an extra few seconds. "You're the coolest." Pyro mumbled as she hugged him and then let go, giving him a thumbs up and winking. "In a totally friendly way of course." She added before taking the key and running up to the room. The sudden burst of energy proved enough for Pyro; as soon as she changed into a tank-top and shorts she passed out in her bed.

• 3 weeks later...