PP - F1 - A Frontliner returns (Raeyliff)

Sousuke had been on the front lines for a few weeks now the pace of combat up on the 9th was ridiculously fast paced in comparison to the lower floors. He still hadn't visited the 7th and 8th floors yet, but the moment he felt ready he had headed straight to the 9th floor to get a taste of the front lines which was where he felt like he belonged. He had returned back to the first floor for a break from the chaos up there and decided that he would just enjoy some time with the lower level players and teach them a few things. He was hoping to make a new friend as well. One he could coach all the way to the top, almost like an apprentice or something. Something about taking someone under wing made him grin to himself. He took a seat on the edge of the fountain in the middle of town and began to observe players to see what was going on.

Raeyliff was walking around town after teleporting back and decided that he would take a small nap on one of the benches of the Town Square, but not before eating a loaf of bread and drinking some water. He walked over to the Town Square and sat down on the nearest empty bench he could find and ate. He ate a piece and looked around as he saw people talk and move around. He swallowed, and ate another piece, until he finally finished it all up. He was hungry, after all. Looking at the fountain, he noticed a player sitting down and watching other players walk around and talk. Does he need help, or is he waiting for a friend or a guy to fight with? Raeyliff wondered if he should confront the man and talk to him, or if he should take his nap. I guess...I guess the nap will have to wait. Raeyliff walked over to the player and asked "Hey there. Mind if I join you?".

Sousuke saw a player whom he vaguely recognized from somewhere but couldn't recall where from he nodded in greeting when he approached. He asked if he didn't mind if he joined and Sousuke gestured to a spot next to him. ''Sure take seat man.'' He said. He observed the player and saw he was wearing mainly starting equipment but what caught his eye was the battle axe that was strapped to his back. He hadn't seen anyone using before and assumed he was going for a tankey kind of build since they were heavy weapons and slow to swing. ''Battle axe huh, whats that about you gonna be a tank or summat?'' he said and he pulled a cigarette out and lit it placing it in his mouth and taking a drag.

He nodded. "Thanks." he said, and sat down next to the guy. Listening to the guy's question, Raeyliff laughed and nodded. "Yeah, something like that. From my past experiences in games I have realized that I am better at using two handed weapons than one handed ones, so I chose the battle-axe. Can't really afford to buy a better battle-axe, so I'm stuck with this one. As for armor, well, I'm going for heavy armor, since a tank usually has heavy armor as well, but I can't afford that as well. I've only fought once, so far, so I haven't got lots of money." he said, looking at the guy. "By the way, my name's Raeyliff. Yours?" 

Sousuke listened to the boy speak about his plans for armour and such and nodded in approval. It was a smart move to go with something that one felt familiar with wielding. Take Sousuke for example the daggers of SAO were to light and short for his liking so he chose straight swords to add weight to his weapon giving him a more familiar weight to his weapon although the reach off the sword was new to him so he had some adjusting to do. ''Smart move kid using something your familiar with in a situation like this could save your live. As for my name it Sousuke pleasure to meet you Raeyliff.'' he finished his speech before taking another puff on the cigarette.

He nodded. "Pleasure to meet you too, Sousuke." Raising his eyebrows, he looked at Sousuke as he smoked his cigarette. "Dude, won't that ruin your agility or stamina? Or have some sort of negative side effect?". He wasn't really sure, and he wasn't really familiar with cigarettes being in the game, but it was fine. Surely, if alcohol makes you drunk in this game, then cigarettes must have some sort of side effect as well, am I right? 

Sousuke looked at his cigarette and shrugged, he had made a typical observation however smoking in this game was purely aesthetic and was more of a placebo. It was an excuse for him to sit down and take a moment to relax and forget his troubles for a little while. ''Funny you should mention that my friend but smoking is pure aesthetic in SAO its more of a placebo effect, for example it don't get anything from smoking at all aside from ten minutes to sit down and just relax a little you get me?'' he asked the boy who was looking at him oddly.

Sousuke thought about things for a little looking the boy up and down once more before deciding on his answer. ''As a matter of fact my friend I was looking for someone who might need help with combat and just learning things about the game in general, when im not on the front lines I like to help out the lower players and such but most I train I don't usually see much of once we part ways im after a more ... permanent partnership, someone I can train with and trust to have my back and they know ive got theirs.'' he explained wondering how the boy will react.

His eyes widened as he smiled and nodded. "Ah. Well, that's honestly a great idea, and I think you should go for it. It's good to have people to watch you back. I'm pretty sure you'll find someone, though, but you have to pick the correct person, since you want them to be permanently by your side as your partner." He smiled at looked around to see if there were more or less people. He didn't mind teaming up with Sousuke, he seemed like a great guy, but he didn't think that Sousuke would help him much, considering that he himself was practicing with a battle-axe, and Sousuke had a sword, as Raeyliff looked at what he had equipped. 

Sousuke smiled when the boy looked him up and down he could tell he was debating if he was any use to him so he stood up. ''Come one man you use an axe I use a sword, but in the real world I use anything I get my hands on its how soldiers work my friend.'' he began to walk away and turned to look back. ''You coming or not?'' he asked

He was still hesitant a little. He wasn't sure if he should trust Sousuke or not. True, they sat and chatted, but he didn't really know him. That can come with trust and trust will come with proving to this guy that you are worth something. Raeyliff stood up, smiling, and then said "I'll join you." as he walked over to him. I need to catch up to him though..look at his level and at his equipment...if you can't keep up, he might just replace you. 

Sousuke grinned at his new 'Apprentice' who he had plans to take under his wing until he felt ready to take the game on alone at which point he planned to keep an eye on him anyway after all if he was to become the teacher he atleast wanted to make sure that he would be able to help when he was needed. ''Ok man where do you wanna go and train I have a few ideas but I want to here what you feel comfortable with fighting first before we do anything.'' he asked the boy. There was no point throwing out there to the wolves if he didn't feel safe to do so.

He thought about Sousuke's question. "Well, I've been recently fighting boars and practicing with them, and I've been doing pretty well lately. I fought with them twice so far, once with Destiny, and then another with Brayden. So, mostly, I feel comfortable fighting boars, and maybe after fighting them a third time or so I'll move on to a more challenging opponent.". Since they were now a team there was no reason why he should keep anything away from Sousuke. Acting strong or lying would simply lead to his death or to a bad start between both of them. Right now, he was beginning to trust Sousuke.

Sousuke nodded and looked towards the east gate they were heading to. ''Looks like we are going to the east plains then to fight some boars, they will be a little tougher than normal since im with you though but don't worry im with you all the way.'' he said pushing the gate open as they reached it revealing a large open plain with many new players fighting the common boars attempting to gain col and materials. He himself was aiming to get some materials anyway so it was a good place to train with his new protégé

Sousuke 31/31

Raeyliff 11/11

Boar 19/19

Sousuke drew his blade when he saw a particularly large boar approaching and stepped forward to attach nodding to Rayliff to stay back for a moment. He charged forward and impaled it through the side causing it to bleed.

Boar 11/19 2 bleed for 2 turns 2/2

BD 10

Raeyliff looked towards Sousuke as he impaled the boar and then went back to a safe distance. Looking at the health bar of the boar, he can see that it was an effective attack. He did 8 damage with one hit. Nice. But your maximum, at least as much as you know, is two damage points. Still, maybe you'll be able to surpass yourself today. "Nice! My turn!" Raeyliff said, as he charged towards the boar with his battleaxe ready to be swung. 

[5055 BD:4 MD:4]

Raeyliff tripped and fell because of a rock that was in front of him, causing him to lose balance and fall. The boar, ready to strike, missed its chance as Raeyliff moved away and fell on his own account, making it charge where Raeyliff used to stand. Wasting no time, Raeyliff stood up quickly and looked at Sousuke with an apologetic smile. Dude, you're not showing a good beginning here. Stop being such a clumsy beginner. 

[boar misses]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar: 11/19]

[Raeyliff: 11/11]

[sousuke: 31/31]

Sousuke stepped forward ready to attack but the boar was already charging and caught him of guard the best he could do was place his sword horizontally and block the attack causing a little damage but also taking a abit himself it was a boar after all so this kind of enemy didn't do a lot of damage against him. He became stuck trying to fend of the charge and looked at his frined and nodded it was his turn.

Sousuke 28/31

Raeliff 11/11

Boar 5/19 Bleed 1/2

BD 6

MD 10 Takes 8 to hit Sousuke

Raeyliff returned the nod to Sousuke as he charged at the boar. It was 5/19, and even if he did attack it the best he could possibly do is lower it down to 3. Nevertheless, he still had to try anyway. As he charged, he balanced his battle-axe and made it ready to swing.

[5103 BD: 3 MD: 3]

No...way..., Raeyliff thought, as he missed the boar and fell because of losing balance. The boar also missed him, but he wasn't thinking about that anymore. Dude, I'm failing like crazy. What's my problem? This isn't the first time I fight a boar. This should be easy for me, now that I've fought a few of them. What's wrong? He looked at Sousuke and said "Hey dude, I don't think it's my day today. I don't usually miss twice...". He didn't want to make excuses and he felt angry at himself for missing twice. He felt stupid.