I just want to confirm something in regards to PKing.

Lets say a character does not want to fight. Its an open thread however and someone has marked them for death. This character shows up and begins attacking the victim character. the Victim does not fight back, because its not in their nature, and they try to leave. The aggressive character continues to attack the victim character. Lets say the Victim had a thorns effect, and it was triggering with every shot, and eventually the aggressive character, died due to thorn damage. Would the victim, who never raised a hand to fight, go orange? they never struck out, or even acted in self defense. I'm sure they wouldn't because they hadn't done anything, but I want to be sure.

I do believe that consent is only needed if the player is green.

If a player is orange, they are free to attack (though it has to be an OP, boss fight, a PP that you're invited to, or something of the sort).

If I recall, you can't turn orange if you don't kill the player. Otherwise, we'd have a lot more orange players from when they (jokingly or not) attacked another player.

Of course, I do suggest this information be confirmed by a GM or PST that knows the proper ruling as this may not be absolutely correct.

I'm pretty sure if you attack a green player, you become orange, if they die or not. If you're defending yourself, you stay green (e.g. you didn't make the first attack).

Duels are a separate thing and don't count.

Also, I believe I remember reading in the rules, that PK needs to be agreed out of character between players.

So I was wrong, see below.

• Player Killing is allowed but will result in the killer as being marked orange

The other point I was making is:

Important: PVP in sao-rpg is still a consensual activity.  Both players must agree to participate out of character.  There is no 'ganking' from an OOC perspective.

Lucifier is Right 

If you are a PKer;
You do NOT have to consent to someone killing you off. That is the price you pay for bearing the PKer mark, along with not being able to go into towns until you take the redemption quest'

You only become orange if you attack and kill another green player