[PP-F4] Kill the essence of steel <<Essence of steel quest>> (Teayre, Clarence, and Calrex)

Skylar stood around Snowfrost Town with Rutta. The overgrown cat rolled in the snow while Skylar talked to NPC's, rumor has it that there was a place around here for a great date. So far everyone Skylar talked to had no idea what the Starglade was. It must be more exclusive then what Skylar thought at first. He opened his menu to check for any quests that could pop up, one was a for help in the field. He read the specs about a monster in the field that appears when you strike a bone, it was an interesting quest that he must take on.

Skylar looked through a list of people to play with. {Normally I would go with Jomei, but I have been seeing to much of him recently. I would not want to put Ahti in danger, she is weak enough to die at her current level.} Skylar thought about Ariel and the guild, it would make sense to invite a guild member. {Teayre! Of course, that would be a smart choice.} Skylar thought about how she was the best damage dealer in the guild. It would also give him a chance to get to know her better. He opened the menu and made the message

To: Teayre

Hello! It would be a pleasure to get to know you better. I am assembling a small party on the fourth floor and believed it to be a good idea to invite you. Let me know what you think. I will be waiting right by the warp pad in Snowfrost Town.

"Wait a minute let me invite Calrex and Clarence. We are all in the guild and it would be a good chance to bond with each other." Skylar opened his menu to type the other two messages.

To: Clarence

It will be a pleasure for you to come on an adventure with me. Calrex and Teayre should be coming so we could all double date. I will be on the fourth floor. I love you my cutie pie.

Sincerely: Your loving boyfriend! <3

Skylar walked to the warp pad to wait for the others. "Last but not least Calrex."

To: Calrex

Protect your lady man. XP

We will be on the fourth floor, getting ready for a battle.

Calrex was sitting inside of the Amethyst Boutique when he suddenly got a message, "Hm? Who could this be?"

Upon opening it he looked in surprise to see that it had come from his guildmate Skylar, inviting him to join himself and apparently Teayre in a battle party.

"Protect your lady. She's actually strong enough to protect herself. In any case I've got nothing better to do today, so I might as well."

He got to his feet, looking down at the Ultramarine Badge pinned to his light blue jacket with a fond smile, reminding him of the non-guild group that he, Teayre, and Oikawa had formed, the Spectrum, "I hope that idea resonates well with the others in this game. It would be nice to eventually expand the group and add more colors to the circle."

He looked around to see if Teayre had received the message from Skylar before he stepped out the door, "I'll go ahead and wait up for her. in the meantime, Roc!"

Appearing in a flash if light blue light the blue peregine falcon familiar appeared as it flew over to Calrex's shoulder, "Go ahead and fly above us for now. I'll summon you once we arrive at the meeting area."

The falcon nibbled on its wing for a second before flapping, taking off into the snowy sky, hovering about fifty feet above Calrex. He equipped the Grand Blade, the only item he wanted to have ready before arriving. He would don the Grand Chariot once everyone was ready.

A ping sounded on her menu as Teayre stepped out of her shop, flicking her finger across her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the message from Skylar. Casting her mind back Teayre scratches her head before smiling and quickly typing out a reply as she headed towards his location.

Subject: Meeting on Fourth Floor

To: Skylar

Heya, I’ve just come out of my shop I’ll meet you there in a moment.

Teayre

As Teayre started to make her way to the teleportation plaza, she drew her hood up. She wasn’t cold she’d been on the fourth floor for too long now for the winter wonderland as she rounded the corner of the last building taking her into the plaza itself she saw Skylar there with Calrex already stood there next to him chatting away. Walking up to him Teayre smiles waving, the small girl moves next to her fiancée taking his hand and poking him hard in the chest with her finger.

“Hey Skylar, so who else is joining us? Also you. Wait for me next time okay?"

-To: Clarence

It will be a pleasure for you to come on an adventure with me. Calrex and Teayre should be coming so we could all double date. I will be on the fourth floor. I love you my cutie pie.

Sincerely: Your loving boyfriend! <3 -

Clarence smiled brightly at the messaged and blushed. After that night in the inn most of what Clarence thought about was Skylar. { He is such a great guy. And a double date... I get to meet Teayre!! Finally } Clarence smiled to himself and trudged along on the fourth floor, already on this floor just to hang out and have a good time. Clarence walked around and finally spotted the group of three and ran over to Skylar. "Hey." Clarence said happily and hugged him, kissing him on the cheek before pulling away and blushing. "Hi Calrex" Clarence said with a smile and turned to Teayre, finally meeting the woman.

"And you must be Teayre, pleasure to meet you. I've heard a lot about you." Clarence smiled and looked at Calrex, before sticking his arm out to shake Teayre's hand. { wonder what we are doing today. Probably a ques tor something. A pretty difficult one considering there are four of us... Essence of Steel? }

Skylar idly chatted with Calrex and Teayre. The surprising part was when Clarence introduced himself to Teayre. Then again Skylar was not sure if they spoke at the meeting.  He was shocked the first time he met Teayre. She ran the only artisan shop he could find. He was not originally aware her name was even Teayre. Still he memory of the bandit assault meeting was very hazy at best, he was pretty sure Teayre introduced herself. {Did we even do that? Man it is like one big time skip in there. Still what the hay happened that, week, or was it even a month.}

Skylar grabbed Clarence's other hand, before getting to the heart of the matter. "So I thought we could all chat and get to know each other better. We may all be guild mates, that does not mean we cannot be teammates too. So we are going to do something dangerous while getting to know each other." Skylar huffed in his other hand slightly distracted by the little white puffs. "I always say nothing bonds you as much as adventure with a chance of death."

As Teayre walked over and took his hand Calrex gave a smile as he nodded, "Sorry about that. I'll be sure to avoid it next time."

He turned his head to see a familiar face, Clarence. It had been a while since he met the young man on the eighth floor settlement of Koko Village, but it seemed like he had followed up on his interest in their guild, Absolute Pin. However, when he saw Skylar walk over and take Clarence's hand a thought passed through his mind for a second, "Huh, I remembered him talking highly about a player named Piers. I guess he's since moved on from that. Nonetheless I hope he and Skylar are getting along well. At least it appears to be the case."

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me. What is it you're proposing us to do?"

"Well, I guess I should introduce this new individual as well."

"I guess before we begin though, I should introduce a new face."

He looked over at Teayre with a concerned look for a second before looking up to the sky. It was some time since she had lost Beleram, but he could guess that the wound might still be fresh. However, if he didn't introduce Roc now it would only lead to confusion later when he brought the falcon into combat.

"Roc..."

As he spoke he kept his calm demeanor. Out of the snowy sky his blue peregine falcon familiar descended with amazing speed before hovering above the group, "This is my new associate, Roc, after the mythological bird of prey."

Since Calrex and Roc were more in mutual agreement than companionship, he chose to refer to his familiar as such.

"Like I've said before, I can't allow myself to get close to Roc like she did with Beleram. In the end it's likely to cause only pain when I need to bid him goodbye, especially once we make it out of this game."

Smirking as Clarence approached her Teayre slaps the palms of their hands together for half a second, making the boys offered hand shake more of a high five. “If you don’t recall Square, we met at the bandit planning.†Her face was calm, lips thin as she contorted her voice to a more short and snappy version of her normal one. Pausing for a moment she lets out a smile and quickly hugs Clarence, returning to her normal voice. “Silly can’t believe you forget that. I was the one who ripped into the people who turned up late.â€

As she jumped off the boy she stuck her tongue out at him. Smiling at Skylar Teayre sits down on the floor letting go of Calrex’s hand as she leant against his leg. “Right so if I’m right we’re doing the <Essence of Steel> quest yeah? Cause I couldn't make green boy a perfect item for some reason so we’re doing it to upgrade his rare. All happy with that?†As Calrex spoke mentioning something about a peregrine falcon, Teayre averted her eyes preferring to look at the couple in front of her with a small smile on her face.

Clarence laughed slightly nervously. Meeting Teayre again after not really talking to her at all was kind of strange for him, but he didn't care. { Lets just get this quest going. Hopefully this double date is worth while.. } Clarence's thoughts trail off slightly and he saw a bird flying around. "Calrex! your familiar is adorable!" Clarence smiled and patted the bird on the head softly, petting it a bit and letting it go, not wanting to over whelm the bird with constant loving. "Sorry, I really like animals." Clarence blushed brightly and looked down. { I know nothing about the <<Essence of Steel>> Hopefully I do alright } Clarence sighed and swung Skylar's arm slightly, petting his cat familiar, it remembering me.

• 2 weeks later...

Skylar was slightly taken back. He always considered himself to pay very close attention to Clarence, how could he miss the fact that he likes animals. It should have been obvious by the fact that him and Rutta got along so well.  {Even now the cat is purring underneath Clarence's gentle touch}

"So we do not have too do much just fight together when the monster comes and stay alive." Skylar held Clarence's hand and walked towards the edge of the town. The cold was biting but did not bother Skylar as much. For a kid born in a tropical region he spent most of his time on this floor. Rutta was easily capable of moving, the big cat always enjoyed his time here.

Rutta guided and Skylar held hands and walked with Rutta, before he turned around to talk. "So what is going on with everyone?" It was small talk but he just wanted to chat with everyone.

As Skylar explained the quest Calrex gave a nod as he smiled at the group. He had actually soloed this quest sometime back in the past with no trouble at all, so having three players alongside him would make the mission even easier. Feeling Teayre's weight against his leg he nodded and slowly sat down next to her, placing an arm around her shoulder as he gave a warm smile.

Roc let Clarence give a couple of pets before he shook his head, then taking back off into the air, hovering over the group. Since Calrex and he were still operating as mere associates the falcon figured to keep contact to a minimum.

"Nothing too much so far on my end. Just been busy with guild stuff and the material gathering of course."

"Although I do wish I had a bit more time to spend with Teayre..."

“Calrex! Your familiar is adorable!â€

“Tch. I guess it is.†Teayre shot Clarence a vivid glare before sighing, “Sorry, I forget you don’t know… Not that it matters… Damn stupid bird.†All of the girls words seemed pained except the last few they seemed to be empty instead. As she shook her head and looked up, “Well… Not a lot… I just want to get your order up to perfect as soon as possible Skylar. Sorry I couldn’t do it properly.â€

Turning her head back to Roc she sees it keeping its distance. “Roc, for crying out loud just go on Calrex’s should damnit! JUST BE FRIENDS AT LEAST DON’T BE COLD WITH EACH OTHER!†Something inside the girl had snapped she stood up and headed out away from Snowfrost Town her footsteps crunching the snow underneath her feet. As she got a short way up the path she stops and leans against a tree sinking down she rests her head back and mutters the word ‘sorry’ repeatedly.