[PP-F3]Beware of Giants Bearing Gifts

{OOC: *facepalm* Did you know...that this entire time....I thought it was your turn to post. Apparently this got lost in the sea of notifications. I literally only clicked here on a whim to read and saw your post >.>;; Sorry about the wait.}

Piera let out a wet chuckle at his consoling words, her small hand squeezing his larger one back and her other hand relaxing from being balled into a fist. "I don't feel like it... Feel like I just got a reminder of why I hide on the lower floors and just spend my time stuck here crafting." Though as she thought back she couldn't remember a time where her health bar even hit the yellow. She had been scared plenty of times, but had she ever truly come close to being in mortal peril? It was because of Mack's help that she was able to come this far at all.

Lifting her oval glasses to wipe her tear stained face with her free hand, the alchemist snorted again, her eyes rolling at the blonde man's stubbornness. She still didn't believe him, even if he believed himself, but didn't want to argue such a silly matter right now. Inhaling deeply to calm herself, Piera looked around as Mack mentioned the dragon guarding treasure. "He better have. Didn't go through all that for nothin'." She squinted as she looked around the room but couldn't see anything immediately obvious. Getting to her feet, Piera used the hand that was still clasping Mack's to try and help him to his feet. Though it was a fairly pitiful attempt due to her short stature and weak strength.

[ID: 33999] [LD: 7+1=8]

Edited by Piera
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 34029
LD: 3 (Not sitting on any mats)

For half a second, Mack considered pulling Piera down into his arms once again. After all, they were still clasping one another's hands and it was clear that the smaller woman couldn't hope to pull him to his feet by herself. Therefore, it would have been a very simple matter to pull her back down into his arms. But, somehow, the timing for that didn't seem quite right. With his free hand, Mack braced himself against the ground and then pushed off to help Piera leverage him back to his feet. Kneeling, he retrieved his axe and slung it over his back into its sheath then he peered at the ground where he'd been seated. "Could have sworn I was sitting on some more mats," he grumbled to no one in particular. 

ID: 34080
LD: 16+1=17 (not sure if this is a treasure chest or mats....or a treasure chest full of mats xD)

Piera backpedaled as Mack pushed himself up off the ground while she pulled before finally releasing his hand. Glancing at the spot where he had been sitting after he grumbled she smiled slightly. "Uncomfortable but lucky. But no. Maybe somewhere around here...." The brunette slowly spun around before something caught her eye. It was her Bleeding Lance, still laying where she had dropped it after Mack had killed the dragon and collapsed. Walking over to the black and gold weapon, she stooped to pick it up before looking it over to make sure it was still in good condition and leaning it against her shoulder.

"Maybe the dragon hid its treasure away from prying eyes..." Piera mused aloud as she slowly turned, green eyes darting around the area behind her glasses before resting on a suspicious looking divet in the ground. Walking towards it, her eyebrows raised in surprise at the sight of skin, or rather scales in rough dry patches being in a pile in the floor's indentation. "Huh, guess all reptiles need to shed. Are these materials you think?" The brunette asked of her companion, wondering if either of them could use them in their professions.

Edited by Piera

OOC: Hilariously, by the time we kill the Mimic we should have enough posts to roll for a FOURTH chest.

ID: 34167
LD: 5 (MIMIC!)
BD: 9 (8+1)
MD: 2
Mimic: 22/30 (-8 Dam.) - Base Dam. 2
Mack: 57/57 (H: 1)

Mack toed the material that Piera had indicated questioningly. It didn't look like anything he thought that he could find a legitimate use for in crafting weapons or armor and given that Piera didn't recognize the junk either, he doubted that it was crafting materials. Dubiously, Mack unsheathed Guillotine from his back and prodded the junk and detritus a bit more. Finally, it dissolved to reveal a a treasure chest beneath. "Those weren't mats, but this is a treasure chest," Mack rumbled. On a whim, the massive blonde man raised his axe and buried it in the chest's lid. Somewhat surprisingly, the chest let out a piteous wail and sprouted legs and teeth. Promptly, it tried to sink it's teeth into Mack's leg in retribution for being struck, but the blonde was too quick and cleared out of the way to give Piera a shot at the monster.

ID: 34268
BD: 8 (7+1)
DMG: 3+2 Bleed=5
Mimic: 17/30
Piera: 29/29 (H: 1)

Piera took a small step back as she saw Mack take out his obscenely large weapon to poke things aside without touching them before her eyes lit up behind her glasses at the sight of a treasure chest. "Knew it. Every dragon has its' horde, no matter how small." She was about to step forward and see what was inside before there was a telltale swish and then the axe was buried into wood of the chest's lid. The brunette's jaw dropped and she asked, "Hey, what are y-?" But her question was answered when the treasure chest voiced its pain before revealing its eyes, legs and most obviously, teeth. Grimacing in displeasure she groaned, "Another one of these things? I didn't think more than one in a dungeon could show up..." She felt more than a little embarrassed that she was just going to open it like nothing and likely would've gotten her arm chewed on. It was even worse since this was the second one she'd seen in less than a couple hours. When her beefy blonde companion dodged backwards, Piera dove in, stabbing the impostor right in its open mouth, piercing its tongue and causing the soft tissue to begin blooding and running out of its mouth. "Ugh...I really don't like these things."

Edited by Piera

ID: 34734
BD: 4 (3+1)
MD: 4
Mimic: 15/30 (-2 Bleed)
Piera: 29/29 (H: 1)

"What's not to like," Mack asked, chopping Guillotine laterally across his body as he spoke. The carbon steel bearded head of the axe whizzed uselessly over the top of the mimic's wooden trunk lid head, missing the monster completely. "They're big, slow, and easy to kill," Mack called as he backed out of the way to let Piera in to attack the beast again. "And considerably less physically imposing than, as a random example, sapphire scaled dragons," the leader of the Crimson Blades said simply, shrugging his massive shoulders. Really, in the grand scheme of things with their clunk and chunk bodies and tiny little legs, Mimics were easy to kill.

ID: 34742
BD: 6 (5+1)
DMG: 3
Mimic: 12/30
Piera: 29/29 (H: 2)

Piera's lips pursed as the blonde man argued his case. "Okay, that may be." She allowed, sidestepping the abomination's bloody and salivating tongue from lashing out at her. "But at least you can see the dragon coming. Nobody likes sneak attacks. Though I guess it's easier if you know to expect them. I'd hate to think of how many low leveled players got the shock of their lives when first encountering these monsters..." Glaring at the mimic, the brunette murmured, "Plus it has way too many eyes..." The rows of teeth and giant tongue didn't help either exactly. But it did barely give her an opening to slash at its tongue again. However it didn't quite make the mark. She nearly missed, but was able to just barely scrape the top of its lid.
Edited by Piera

ID: 35556
BD: 10 (9+1)
MD: 5
Mimic: 1/30 (-9 Dam., -2 Bleed)
Mack: 57/57 (H: 4)
Piera: 29/29 (H: 2)

"You can't hate them just because they're ugly," Mack argued reasonably, brandishing Guillotine high above his head before burying the heavy steel head of the weapon deep in the mimic's trunk head with enough force to permanently splinter the creature's wooden body and reduce its health down into the red zone. "That's racism, or something. Also, go ahead and finish it off," Mack rumbled, sheathing his axe and promptly sitting down on the cave floor to wait for Piera to finish off the creature knowing full well that it would only attack him until it died.

ID: 35592
BD: 9 (8+1)
LD: 9 (8+1)
Mimic: 0/30
Mack: 57/57
Piera: 27/29 (-2 because trap apparently)

"I don't hate them just because they're ugly." Piera immediately retorted before explaining reasonably, "That's just a coincidence. But it definitely doesn't help their case." Glancing down at the odd creature with distaste she continued, "I mainly don't like them because they could be luring players to their deaths by posing as an innocent treasure chest before biting a leg off." Nodding firmly at Mack's encouragement, the brunette twirled her lance in her hands before stabbing the Mimic deeply through the top of its wood covered head, causing it to shudder, wiggling its tongue about before finally shattering and revealing the real treasure chest.

Sighing in relief, Piera smiled over at the blonde man sitting close by and reaching to open the chest, not noticing the trap that was set up on the latching mechanism as she opened it, causing needles to shoot out at her hand. Immediately retracting, the alchemist cried out, "Holymotheroffrick-!" She was so stunned, she nearly forgot that she couldn't feel any pain but did notice her health bar nudge down just slightly, though thankfully no status effects were applied. "At least I wasn't poisoned or paralyzed..." Piera sighed somewhat sheepishly before peering into the now open chest. "Not much, but at least it's something."

Treasure Chest: [80 Col & 1 Material]

Edited by Piera

ID: 35663
LD: 8

"Wooh, do you kiss your mother with that mouth," Mack asked, arching an eyebrow and calling across the short distance to Piera as she opened the chest and triggered the trap. Glancing around the rest of the cavern that the massive dragon had called home there didn't seem to be anything else of value that the game engine was going to let them pick up and haul away with them in the inventory. Planting his hands on the stone ground, Mack pushed himself up to his feet and grabbed Guillotine in one swift, smooth motion. Swinging the axe in a free and easy arc, Mack brought it around and sheathed the weapon at his back before turning, once more, to Piera. 

"Well, there doesn't seem to be too much else for us to do here," he said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Doesn't look like there's too much more to do now other than head back to Snowfrost Town. I think if we leave the cave right now we should be able to make it back before nightfall or just a little after dark."

Piera's green eyes rolled involuntarily at Mack's likely rhetorical question that she responded to regardless, "No, I don't actually. Not like you haven't heard worse." After all, wasn't he in the military? Or maybe they all resorted to acronyms for their swearing like SNAFU and FUBAR and such. Though perhaps that was being a bit judgmental, assuming that he had a mouth of a sailor just because he was a soldier. Shrugging to her silent musings, the brunette watched as the blonde flourished his weapon in a smooth motion that sheathed it. Blinking at his observation, the alchemist glanced around the cavern as if to see if this was true and sighed, nodding. "Was hoping for some more loot, but I guess I shouldn't be greedy. We already have plenty of col and mats from this little adventure."

She smiled as she idly thought of the many encounters she had with her new friend in the last two days. Had it really been that long? Or was it, had it really been that short? She wasn't sure which, but the journey felt like it had gone on forever and yet not lasted long enough all at the same time. "It'll be nice sleeping at home snug in bed tonight rather than camping out again. Let's just hope we don't run into any more salamanders." Piera said with a lopsided smile as she beckoned her companion as they began to walk towards the exit.

• 3 months later...