[OP-F2] Expanding Horizons - Complete

Hans teleported to the second floor, frowning in displeasure at the experience. He hadn't lingered on the second floor before, and he was interested in exploring different levels now that his level had grown. He stretched his arms above his head and then stuffed his hands in his pockets, lazily moving forward and taking in the sights of the city. It was definitely different than the huge, sprawling city on the first floor, but it was unmistakably the main city for the floor. It was busy enough, with NPC shops and groups on players littered throughout the area.

Hans drifted through the area, unsure of what to do now that he'd made the venture here. He rested a hand on the hilt of the dagger at his waist, tapping absently on the handle as he debated leaving the city to farm monsters. He had been spending a lot of time in his shop lately, so the idea of exploring the open areas of wildlife sounded refreshing.

Edited by Hans
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opal's familiar hotspot was floor two, the City of Urbus to be precise. She had been stalking the city at nights, almost like a woman dressed as a super hero taking down the crime of the city and putting yellow players in the jailhouse. Yellow players was not a term used in game, but one she used as herself. A cross between green and orange players. Once that were crime committers, but those who did not cross the boundary of being player killers and murderers. While they stayed in prison for awhile, there were others out there taking their spots, especially when col was involved. Anything from human trafficking, taking advantage of low level players for some dirty work, to some burglary. It was something that happened often in this dark city, but right now the sun was high and out and Opal was just enjoying a night out in the town in her black turtleneck sweater with nothing more than being out on her mind.

When she was doing some window shopping there was a familiar looking person walking down the street, his hand on the butt of his dagger as far as she could tell, who was the player? He looked familiar but couldn't quite place a name to the back of the head. Gathering some speed and her curious nature kicking through, she ended up lacing through the many players that walked by her until she espied a glimpse at the player. When she figured out who it was, she thought to play a little game, which was uncharacteristic of Opal, but the player was nothing but friendly to her in the past from his shop. Tagging his shadow behind him, Opal let out a small feline meow escape her red lips right behind the caty shopkeeper. "Meow~~" 

Emerath was on a rooftop of a building, watching all the players and NPCs go about their business. Ever since becoming interested in the second floor by coming here with Teion, he found himself here again, hoping to get a better lay of the land. He had made his way to a rooftop so that he could scan the horizons, but inevitably ended up more interested in the social ongoings of the people milling about the town. That was when he spotted a blue haired man making his way through the crowds, and he cocked his head. Then he noticed a woman following him, and he cocked his head to the other side. "Hans? With a woman?" Emerath muttered to himself, as he thought about how odd of a thought that was for some reason.

Emerath thought it best not to get involved yet. He'd follow along the rooftops, watching them. Emerath got low down on the rooftops, crouching so he wouldn't easily be seen should they feel like looking for him.

Additional Notes:

• Emerath's Stealth Rating: 10
    • Rooftop Concealment +1 - Total Rating: 11

Having nothing to do, Whit decided to play a game of "run around an unexplored town without running into people."

He was still working on the name.

Nonetheless, when he got bored he'd begin his daily run to try and see how far he'd get without "crashing." Whit seemed to recall Phone games where someone would be chased by someone and avoid obstacles along the way.

Whit brushed against an npc, realizing he'd entered the main plaza. Whit continued to play his game, avoiding the busy hustle of the other players and npcs. Whit dodged another basket carrying npc, only to realize he was about to collide with a slightly taller woman. Whit hopped to the side, his left foot tripping against her ankle and causing him to go skidding across the ground.

Edited by Whit

Elul was startled by the sight of her friend tripping on someone's feet, causing her to blush just from the thought of knowing him. Elul quickly gave a curtsy to the much taller woman and a "so-orry" before chasing after her friend. "Whit" Elul kneeled down to her friend, "what did I tell you about running in crowded places!" Elul attempted to help pull Whit up, "just apoligize so we can get out of here."

"It's certainly been a while since I've come back to this floor. Urbus really hasn't changed at all, even with the upper floors being unlocked."

Wandering through the streets of the settlement Calrex gave a small sigh. Normally he would have been clothed in the Grand Dragoon armor, but today he had decided to don the Grand Chariot: Legacy, the deep-sea blue full body armor completely covering his body, with only two blue markers for his eyes on the emotionless face of the armor's helmet.

Looking over he saw a familiar face in the crowd, "Opal? Huh, I thought she'd be training with Master Myoga."

ID: 36391
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21
21 vs. 10 (Rooftop Concealment Negated by Reveal skill) = Discovered Emerath

Deciding to take a quick look around the area Calrex temporarily activated his <<Reveal>> skill, turning the landscape transparent for a short period of time. However, as he did he spotted that there was someone that appeared to be tailing Opal and her companion, "Well...that's certainly out of the ordinary."

Keeping his eyes on the stealthy player he began to walk over, making sure to keep a decent distance away, "Hopefully he's not up to no good. Opal's had some malicious characters pursuing her recently, so it's a good idea to be careful."

Edited by Calrex

As he was lost in his thoughts, Hans gave a slight jump at the female voice that came from behind him. "N-nyaah?!" He spun around, resisting the urge to pull out his weapon as he remembered he was in the middle of a safe zone. Realizing the woman behind him was Opal, he relaxed a bit, only to grow annoyed at her teasing. "Oi, what was that for?" He griped with a slight grin, shaking his head at her. He was surprised to run into an acquaintance here of all places, especially with the slight crowd that was forming around them.

Hans let out a light sigh, widening his grin as he asked curiously, "So what bring you here, hmm? You're not stalking me are you?" He teased, placing both hands on his hips. Just after he'd finished speaking, a blur of motion passed right by him and collided with Opal, leaving a younger-looking boy toppling to the ground. Confused and surprised again, Hans' grin quickly turned to a frown as he took a step in the boy's direction. "Hey, watch where--" He was about to scold the kid when a girl looking around the same age appeared and apologized for him. He stopped and scratched his head, confused with the situation, looking between the younger players and Opal.

Edited by Hans

Opal snapped upwards, apparently her little tease had caught Hans off guard, it was not what she was expecting. Well, she was only playing a little joke...She bit her lower lip after being reprimanded by the catty shopkeeper. Her eyes twitched and she started to smile as the tension between the two eased. Relaxing her muscles and attempting to start a conversation, her ankle bone was bumped into giving her entire body a minor jolt "Oomph!". She flailed for a moment, her left foot skidding along the ground as she stopped herself from falling into Hans and seeing a young man flop over on the ground and the followed up with a young woman to address them with an apology. Small locks off ebony hair moved off her shoulders as she looked down at the two and sighed shaking her head, at least the young woman was polite enough to apologize for herself and the boy, but still..."You kids shouldn't be running around people like that especially with a busy section as this one. But you did apologize so I suppose I am going to let this slide..." They were probably starting players and were just energetic, she remembered her youth and the amount of energy she had...quite the rebel and still was more or less. Rubbing her forehead the woman returned back to Hans and gave a soft smile now apologizing for her sneak attack.

"Hey, sorry about...I guess I should apologize for sneaking up on you, huh? Sorry, Hans. I was just around the neighborhood, you can say. Actually, I am doing a bit of stalking, but not at you. I've been combing these streets at night for Yellow Players, well, its not a real term for them, but they act like criminals. I've been keeping an on this town to make sure the scum is cleaned off the streets and for...these kids have a safer place to roam around in Urbus. Which I should now state, stay away from the Western Side of the city, nothing good comes from there and be aware of the Tea Houses in the area. They are known for soliciting with former Orange Players." Opal looked towards the three, with almost commanding eyes and folding her arms over her chest, "Is that understood?" she gave an airy sigh and shook her head, there was still a lot of crime in this city and no matter how many people she had put in the jails, more and more seemed to sprout up. People would do anything to mass a small fortune in Col these days. 

"The daytime period seems to be relatively safe for the most part. My name is Opal, by the way," she said to the unknown players. Both of them looked green around the gills so to speak so it was good to make sure they knew which areas were safe, even if they were in the safe zone...that never stopped green players from luring out unexpected victims. 

Sousuke had been standing around on the rooftops for a good while he recognized Emerath from his guild a cross the way drop to a crouch and fade from view he figured he had entered stealth and didn't feel the need to force him to appear. Besides knowing someone has got your back was comforting.

He continued to observe from the rooftop waited to see what would happen next.

Whit rolled into a sitting position, "Oh hey Elul when'd you get here?"

Whit gave a nervous laugh, "sorry about that, I guess I got careless." Whit listened patiently to the woman explain her little vigilante buisness, the idea of having someone control crime in this game reminded him of a super hero. Whit nodded unphased by the woman's stare, "Well Opal, I'm Whit, and this is Elul." Whit pointed a thumb at the girl to his side.

Elul nodded along with Whit, she had heard rumors about players luring others out of safe zones, only to have a orange player kill them on the spot or extort them of Col and gear. Elul had came to see Whit so she'd feel safer.

And if Opal was right, then Elul had even more reason to fear the dark.

Elul gave a slight bow with her head at the mention of her name, "nice to me-et you."

Sousuke dropped from the rooftop in front of the group his hood up and the lower half covering his face so he looked like a stereo typical rough. He had a black trench coat on with golden trimmings and black military style boots on. He approached the group his eyes the only part of his face visible were his eyes. He walked to the group and spoke.

"You do know most of the people trying to lure you out of the city will be obvious if you know what to look for." He said to them still not showing his face.

((OOC: Sousuke, please do a stealth check to find Emerath rather than just saying you saw him stealth. I'm going to assume at this time that the only person who knows Emerath is around is Calrex. I don't mind having guild mates help me out, but we still gotta follow the rules!))

Emerath had been expecting Hans and the woman he was with to make their way through the city, but instead they had stayed where they were, talking as some kids came up and tripped up on the woman. He couldn't hear their conversations all that well, but based on the reaction of Hans, he didn't seem to have been expecting the woman, and the kids also appeared to be unexpected. Emerath was rather glad that theft wasn't really a possibility of the game, or else he would've been suspicious of the kid for stealing something from Opal after bumping into her.

Emerath also noticed Sousuke show up in the party, and cocked his head. Guild meeting? Nah. I'd imagine someone would tell me about that. he thought to himself as he got down on his stomach on the rooftops, keeping himself hidden for the time being. He wasn't super interested in actually being social, especially with such a growing bunch of people, but he figured the least he could do was keep an eye on his guild mates while they socialized.

OOC emmerath I'll have Sousuke double check that he wasn't imagining things then and have him double check the roof

Sousuke wasn't sure about the group in front of him since they just seemed to be standing around chatting idly to him. There seemed to have been a slight bust up on one side of the group however and he decided to wait and see what happened. He wasn't even sure if the person on the roof actually was Emmerath and if it was why was he hiding in the first place. He decided to scan the roof tops again from were he was standing to see if he could catch a glimpse of who ever it was he saw on the roof earlier.

LD 10

ID 36465

He couldn't see anyone though after scanning the rooftops again so who ever it was that was up there must have moved on so he returned his attention back to the group.

Whit immediately threw himself in-between Elul and the hooded stranger, working out the different outcomes of if this player was one of the yellow players Opal described. The first being the player grabbing Elul and running off, the only way Whit could protect her Elul from that was sticking close. The second was Opal being Batgirl and sending him to a prison to rot. The third and highly unlikely was that he would be intimidated by Whit, Whit clenched his teeth, that was extremely unlikely. The fourth was him being a double agent and that he worked for Opal, that would explain the hiding of his identity and why he was so brave about approaching her.

In which case Whit looked like a fool.

Whit shook the thought out as he gripped Elul's wrist, it was always better to be safer than sorry when Elul could possibly be in danger.

"Alright Sousuke, no need to play the mysterious stranger appearance."

Calrex had completed his trek over to the ground, occasionally glancing with his peripherals over to where Emerath was hiding. The boy had yet to make a move, with with a couple of the people he called acquaintances or friends among those in the area, he figured it would be a good idea to make his presence known as a way of shielding them from harm.

"Heh, it's not like I'm one for sneaking around anyway."

Looking over he gave a wave to Opal, whom he had noticed was clothed in the white and red color scheme of the Knights of the Blood, "I guess she went and got herself involved in a guild. Hopefully they'll be able to protect her from Sensui and his gang, at least if she hadn't dealt with them already."

Looking over at those in the group he gave a nod, "It's a please to meet all of you. I'm Calrex, although apparently some people have been going around titling me as the Ultramarine Knight."

"That person still hasn't made a move. I guess this could go one of a few ways, but in any case I'll just interact for now and keep my eyes on him."

Persisting his <<Reveal>> skill he continued to glance over casually towards the person in the rooftops from his peripheral vision. While he felt he had nothing to be worried about, what concerned him was if the person above decided to attack one of those around him.

Hans scratched his head, slowly taking in everything around him "So a vigilante, huh?" He turned his attention back to Opal, asking but not really expecting an answer. As two more people joined what he already considered too large of a group, he grew disinterested. He took in their words with half-interest, shoving his hands back in his pockets and shifting his weight onto one leg. He had nothing to contribute to the conversation, and wasn't eager to join the introductions. He stood awkwardly among the crowd, shifting his attention to the business of the city streets. 'Nyehh... Maybe I should get outta here...' He thought lazily, wondering if trying to slip away was worth the effort. With so many people interested in the topic of criminals, he figured that would make him look bad more than anything.

Opal had looked around her, there was more than enough players around her now which made her more than uncomfortable for a woman such as herself. With the exception of Hans, who she had been wanting to speak with and get to know more about, there was already new faces seeming to want to include themselves and stick their noses around looking for the gossip. In bitter defeat Opal had raised her hands upwards and sighed. At the sight of a familiar face, Opal turned around to see the owner of familiarity, the Ultramarine Knight. Squaring her body off she gave a friendly wave to Calrex as he introduced himself to the entirety of the group. But now there was a standstill in the cross conversation happening all over the place.

"Ugh..so...dizzying. You all need to settle down for a moment...I can't think straight with so many people around, where did they all come from? It's good to see you again, Calrex. Taking a day off from the level grinding? Hope you haven't come across anymore ghosts since our last meeting." Opal offered a warm smile to her friend. She took a step backwards from her position and watched where she was going in the meantime. Both Elul and Whit had introduced themselves, they seemed like nice kids, much younger than herself, but energetic all the same.

"I didn't expect a crowd out of all of this. I was only wanting to speak to my friend here, he's a merchant if you guys ever need something, The Alley Cat Stash from floor Three!" she said advertising him a bit, hopefully he didn't mind that, "But he's helped me a lot even it was two purchases so far? But very much needed ones. But if you guys are ever in need of some of items, this is your go to guy for that." She offered a smile continuing to give his business a good name. Her attention was back on Calrex and the others. There was no further indication on what this unit of people should do now...Opal, once a woman of many words and the social butterfly of all events was now mute and unable to think of what to say next. She gave only but a nervous, twitchy smile.  

Sousuke saw a friend of his approaching from somewhere off to right and not only did he notice him he also completely blew his cover. He pulled hood and mask down with a sigh of defeat and turned to whine at calrex. 

"Aw come on cal I gotta keep up appearances you know I am the mysterious stranger after all." He said before turning back to group.

"Alright guess the gigs up, names Sousuke I'm a member of the dapper rouges. If you ever see me about dresses like this don't worry it usually means I'm out scouting and mapping the place. If you need help with anything just let me know." He said not wanting to tell them he was also one of the few players soloing the front lines. That could be intimidating to them.

"Calm down Whit."

Elul wiggled her wrist out of his grasp and put a hand on his shoulder, "He's just a scout Whit, even if he was a bad guy than Opal would've taken care of him."

Elul looked around, it was intresting that many people were appearing, but it also made her nervous. "On second thought I'll just stay behind and let you do the talking."