[F2 - PP] An Interesting Duo Part 2

The second floor really lost any luster it had since the first time he arrived there. Though Urbus was one of his favorite cities, Seul still enjoyed travelling to the other floors. As they left the teleport plaza he allowed Sinnon the chance to take in any sights before moving on to the main topic. "Well, there's an interesting bit of lore I read about concerning a place somewhere to the north of this floor. I need your help to find it since they say two heads are better than one." He realized how pushy this might have sounded but if there was anything to the old myth he'd like to see for himself. "Of course we don't have to leave right away."

Edited by Seul

Sinnon had raised a man as the man had mentioned a myth. "What kind of myth are you talking about exactly? I am interested in hearing about this myth and possibly finding out whether or not it is true or false." He didnt really glance around to see the city much while he had been here with Seul. At the very mention of a myth, his attention had been caught and the city no longer meant anything to him.

"Supposedly there's an abandoned castle town to the north that's supposed to be full of all sorts of secrets leftover from when it was still being occupied." He started, taking note of Sinnon's curiosity in the matter. "The book also stated that a noble family lived in the castle, so the possibility of there being something of value inside is pretty high I would imagine. That is if this place actually exists though."  As things stood now, he had no way of proving the place was real. Only the knowledge of the book was his guide, but why would the developers put lore like that in to the game and not use it for something?

"Oh? That sounds rather intriguing  I believe that we should go and investigate. However, if it honestly is real, we should probably get a party together to go and inspect the castle town together. The odds are better for us when we have more people on our side, considering the fact that we know nothing about the town, if it even exists. I have a couple of friends who may be interested in this sort of thing."

"My thoughts exactly." He replied with an affirming nod. "If we do find it, I have no intentions of charging in with just the two of us. It'll still be useful to at least know where the place is and mark it on a map." The boy could hardly contain his excitement any longer and started a swift walk toward the city gates and beckoned for Sinnon to pursue. He assumed it'd be a long trek up north and it'd be better to go while there was still daylight as there was no telling what was in store. "Scary, ghost town here we come!"

Sinnon had followed after Seul, up 'til the point that they had reached the city gates. Once they had reached the city gates, Sinnon had stopped in his tracks and turned towards Seul. "Are you sure that you are ready for this? I have no fear when it comes to such things, however, I cant speak for you. If you'd like to just turn back than simply say so my friend. We could always just wait until we have more people with us to leave the city and explore."

Edited by Sinnon

Seul stopped as well, but only briefly as he waved off Sinnon's concerns. It was only the second floor and he was sure they could handle anything that came their way, but it was still good to know he cared enough to voice some doubt. "I'm the one leading this operation, so of course I'm ready. Also if we brought along more people now and something went wrong, that's only more lives we'd be putting in danger. For now it's just recon so the two of us should be enough." It was finally time to get on the road but he left one last lingering glance at Sinnon to see if he was still up for the trip.

Edited by Seul

Sinnon had let out a slight sigh and continued walking by Seul's side. "Fine then, i'll come along still. However, if anything gets in the way and prevents me from seeing my Ebony than I swear to you, you will regret it. I will slay every mob, boss, player, and army just to get back to her safely, so I suggest that if we get into a fight, that we don't come anywhere close to death. Understood? Good." 

"Yeah yeah." He replied before setting out north. It was a shame that if they did perish, those threats wouldn't be able to see fulfilment. He understood where Sinnon had been coming from, but there was no need to be so dramatic. It was something he had been wondering about for a while, but could love even exist in a virtual world? Seul never did have much luck with ladies in the real world either so he couldn't say, but these statements only led him to believe his party member was at least a little scared about going. There was nothing to fear from just looking at the place, but who knows? Maybe the developers programmed it so that anyone who did would burst into flames.

Sinnon had simply ignored the mans reply. He had felt as though the two of them could make it out of the building alive, so there would be nothing to worry about. Right? Oh well, who really cares right? Sinnon sure as hell didnt. What he had cared about was Ebony and keeping her safe. "So how much farther until we reach this place Seul? I am interested in this building and seeing if this myth is false or not."

(15+ LD = Town found. :,D)

ID# 40088 | LD: 15 (Well that was fast.)

They had been walking for quite some time in silence until the male's question rang forward. Seul wanted to reply saying that if he knew, they wouldn't be out there searching for it but that wouldn't have served to help either of them so instead he only shrugged. After passing through a woodland area the pair reached a cliff and from the ledge they could see the town in question take shape below. The ominous castle was exactly where the book had said it'd be; dead center of the settlement with many buildings circling around it like hungry sharks. Now they just had  to find a safe way down there. "Well, this is where the real fun begins."

Edited by Seul

Sinnon had smiled as he had seen the marvelously terrifying castle. Its structure was ancient and its appearance was imposing. "You are right there my friend." He then equips his spear and approaches the gates to the town, a smile still on his face. He held the spear tight within his grasp and had prepared to swing back if anything were to attack him. "Let's get a move on Seul. I am intereting in finding out more about this so called myth."

Seul had followed Sinnon down the cliff and to the town gates. Reading about something in a book and seeing it for yourself were two different things. The town was dead silent, save for the occasional crow in the distance. After going over his stats one final time, he turned to his friend and tapped a finger to his head. "Remember to stay sharp in there." Wise words to live by as they began their exploration. As they passed through the gate, the message prompt of '[Now Entering the Dungeon: Alterwood Town]' flashed across his vision. It would seem that the entire settlement was considered part of the dungeon as well as the castle in the center. Despite Sinnon's eagerness to scope out the castle, it wouldn't have hurt to checkout some of the normal buildings before heading to the main attraction. Thus Seul made his way to the closest building on his right and gingerly pushed the old wooden door open before disappearing inside.

[Dungeon Theme]

Edited by Seul

Sinnon had blinked a couple of times as Seul had tapped him on the had. Did this peasant honestly just poke me on the head? He had been so distracted by the fact that this man had been poked on the head, that he didnt even realize that he had left. Since he had now lost track of where Seul had disappeared off to, he had decided to investigate the  town by himself. Now what had interested him the most in this mini horror of a dungeon. It was at this moment that he had spotted a massive fountain nearby. He had decided to walk towards the fountain that appeared to be corroding and oozing out blood instead of water, and examined it with a single though in his mind. What exactly is this place..?

"Find something cool?" He had appeared next to Sinnon almost as if by magic, when in reality he had followed after his quick search of the building proved fruitless. The fountain they stood before was strange to say the least. Just how many people would they have needed to kill to keep it running for this long? He wondered. Besides that, the town was holding up to the story. There wasn't a soul in sight, but there were traces left behind to show life did exist here at some point. For now the danger of exploring seemed low. Too low. In the distance the sound of crows calling echoed throughout the town which left a bad feeling in the boy's gut.

Sinnon had smiled as he had heard the sound of the crows's call echoing throughout the entire town. "It looks as though the fun is about to begin. Are you ready for the excitement and adventure that come along with researching into such ancient myths, Mister Seul? If not than I suggest you start running away from this town as fast as you can." He then smiled as he had pulled his spear out of its sheathe and got into position to block an incoming attack, if one were to so happen.

As fate would have it they were in for a brutal fight. From down the street approached a figure clad in metal armor and brandishing a bloody  longsword. At first glance it had  the appearance of a player but moved like nothing he had ever seen before. It lumbered toward them, a single red eye peering through the slits of its helmet. Whatever it was, the thing was bad news. Seul drew his dagger and as he did the monster quickened its pace into a jog, then a full on sprint as it held the sword high. The boy looked to Sinnon who seemed ready for the fight but instead took the lead and charged forward to strike the creature with his Fad Edge. Four cuts across the armor left the monster hurt, but not to the point where it was unable to strike back with its sword. As it stabbed through Seul's shoulder, he caught a glimpse of its face. Or lack thereof. Where skin should have been, there was only bone and a menacing smile to accompany it.

skull_knight_2_by_sixfrid-d664i10.thumb.

|~BATTLE START~|~Battle Theme~|

Turn Order: Seul -> Skeleton Knight -> Sinnon -> Skeleton Knight

ID# 40355 results:

• Battle: 8 (Keen Activated) | Mob: 7 |

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 71/72][EN: 14/18][Hate: 1][Keen: +1 BD]
  • Sinnon [HP: 36/36][EN: 9/9][Hate: 0]

Monster Party Status:

• Skeleton Knight [HP: 25/36][DMG: 6][MIT: 9]

Commands:

• Seul attacks the Skeleton Knight: Hit, -4 EN, 5 x 4 Fad Edge - 9 Mit = 11 Damage!
  • Skeleton Knight attacks Seul: Hit, 6 - 36 Mit = 1 Damage!
Edited by Seul

Sinnon had watched as Seul had rushed forward and attacked the skeleton knight. A smile had dawned upon his face as he had seen this, causing him to jump into the fight himself. Once he had been in the fight, he had decided to give an attack an attempt. He had managed to successfully hit the skeleton knight, yet it had no effect. The skeleton knight had simply laughed at Sinnon before swinging its sword at his chest. Sinnon had thankfully stopped the attack for the most part by placing his impenetrable gauntlet in the way of the blade, causing the force to be dulled and the damage caused to become minimal.

Spoiler

ID# 40456 results:

• Battle: 10 | Mob: 10 | 

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 71/72][EN: 14/18][Hate: 1][Keen: +1 BD]
  • Sinnon [HP: 35/36][EN: 9/9][Hate: 1]

Monster Party Status:

• Skeleton Knight [HP: 25/36][DMG: 6][MIT: 9]

Commands:

• Sinnon attacks the Skeleton Knight: Hit, 1 - 9 mitigation = 0 damage
  • Skeleton Knight attacks Sinnon: 8 - 14 mitigation = 1 damage

Edited by Sinnon

They obviously held the advantage as the fight was two on one. The skeleton knight would have to switch between them both, but regardless it would seem this enemy was too weak to pose an actual threat to either of them. As it focused on Sinnon, Seul's eyes narrowed as he activated his concentration skill. In the next instant he launched the Fad Edge and cut open the knights armored back with four successive slashes. It was hurting now but still obviously possessed the will to fight as it turned on its heel and cut across his chest in a diagonal slash.

ID# 40457 results:

• Battle: 6 ( 4 + 2 Keen&Conc / Keen Activated) | Mob: 8 | Craft: 4

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 70/72][EN: 11/18][Hate: 2][Keen: +1 BD][Concentration Timer: 0/5]
  • Sinnon [HP: 35/36][EN: 8/9][Hate: 2]

Monster Party Status:

• Skeleton Knight [HP: 13/36][DMG: 6][MIT: 9]

Commands:

• Seul attacks the Skeleton Knight: Hit, -4 EN, 5 x 4 Fad Edge - 9 Mit = 11 Damage!
  • Skeleton Knight attacks Seul: Hit, 6 - 36 Mit = 1 Damage!
Edited by Seul
There were a few things wrong: You deal a minimum of 1 damage & you scored a crit so you generate 2 hate in stead of 1. And turn order got a little jumbled up since I was supposed to go next but you had the skeleton act so I updated it to have skeleton go

Sinnon had smirked as he had seen that the skeleton knight had practically been defeated. One more strike from Seul and this creature's life would come to an end. In order to try and aid Seul in the defeat of this skeleton knight, Sinnon had charged towards the creature with his assault spear in hand, pointed at the skull of the knight. He had shoved the tip of the spearhead towards the knight, yet to no avail. He had shoved it to high up, missing the creature and enraging it all at once. With all of it's rage, the skeleton knight had swung around towards Sinnon, aiming towards his chest. Thankfully, Sinnon had managed to dodge the slash of the blade just in the knick of time. 

Spoiler

ID# 40568 results:

• Battle: 2 | Mob: 4 | Craft: 11

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 70/72][EN: 11/18][Hate: 2]
  • Sinnon [HP: 35/36][EN: 8/9][Hate: 2]

Monster Party Status:

• Skeleton Knight [HP: 13/36][DMG: 6][MIT: 9]

Commands:

• Sinnon attacks the Skeleton Knight: Miss, 0 Damage
  • Skeleton Knight attacks Sinnon: Miss, 0 Damage

Edited by Sinnon