[PP-F1] What's a Shepard Without His Lamb? (Erin) [Complete]

I haven't even been back a full day and I've already been "asked" to make a shield for one of our newest possible recruits. Zel better know what he's doing. We have a standard to uphold and we can't fold now. Hmph, I'm starting o sound more and more like a filthy elitist every day. The Azure Pride as Ariel coined it.  Shrugging the thought off, the blonde passed through the town gates and entered the familiar fields of weaker players and pathetic boars. Swiping through the air, Oikawa materialized a menu and selected the recruits name. Erin eh? I do wonder what they are like, perhaps they're not all talk. I suppose we'll see huh? 

Sending the message for them too meet here outside the safe zone, Oikawa selected a tree at random and propped himself up beneath it.  Now I wait. 

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

Erin was walking on the edge of the forest as she watched that the crowd in the field had grown quite large which made her quite nervous for two reasons. She would either be seen as that girl wearing Zel's cloak or the one who was wearing such a smutty outfit that she might as well hop into a field with the other sheep that needed shepherding. As she thought though a messaged popped up on her hood, it came from a name that she hadn't known, although she was warned that someone might be messaging her about a shield that Zel had been crafting for her. Sighing, she would read it knowing that this was the least uncomfortable position to be placed in.  I guess I should just take off the cloak ... might as well get use to being call the Little Lamb for her new call tag as a warrior. She grumbled and looked about the field uncertain of which one she was suppose to find. Walking out from behind a tree she took a deep breath. Her lamb outfit appearing as little less than a bathing suit while having the stats of some of the best steel armor she had scene. As she stepped out she could feel the beady eyes of the crowds staring at her till they got attack by the boars that they had been locked in combat with. Thankfully she wasn't drawing the aggro as she was out leveling most of the pathetic little beasts scampering about. Stopping in the middle of the field she held a hand over her eyes as if trying to scout out the blacksmith she was messaged by.

Edited by ErinVyce

The digital sun only slightly affected his gaze as he looked about the field. Various players of different professions and levels littered the are as they gathered materials and fought off boars. The sight brought back memories of his earlier days in Aincrad, back when having fun and leveling was the only thing plaguing his thoughts. those days, unfortunately, were long gone. Responsibility and life had taken the reigns and he was now just along for the ride. His thoughts, albeit occupying, were quickly pushed aside as something caught his eye.

There's no way I'm actually seeing this. His thoughts instantly filled with questions. The most prominent being, why that outfit? Focusing n her face as to not give her the wrong idea, the blonde quickly arose and walked to up to the player. Giving a skeptical but friendly grin, he spoke. "I assume you are Erin?"

Eyeing a blonde haired male she noted as he began approaching at first she though that his eyes had been glued to the outfit, she honestly wasn't fond of the attention but at least people thought she was adorable. Outside of the game she use to think that people looked at her as a nerd who was to caught up in her video games. But then everyone here had the same amount of playing time since their entrapment. She waved at the him wearing a holster that had her whip tied up beside her hip while not wearing the recognizable cloak of zel. She didn't know who he was, but she knew that Zel felt confident in his abilities none the less. This was rather saddening as she realized that another item would only weigh more upon her conscious. She had plans of how to pay him back but most of them would take a while to fully pay. "You assume correctly yes," she sighed realizing that as this continued that more people would no doubt be listening in to hear more about the lamb and the reasons why she was wearing such a stunning outfit. "Hi .. I'm Erin." She didn't sound particularly strong, quite the opposite actually it was a meek sounding voice.

A softened voice escaped her lips as she replied to the blonde before her. Hmm, she doesn't give off an intimidating vibe at all. And her outfit doesn't contribute to that notion either. I wonder if Zel likes her? Why else would we be watching her as a possible recruit? Sigh, things have become rather different since my departure. The train of thoughts exited the station as he focused on the task at hand. Eyeing the whip attached to her hip, the blonde figured he might as well see what she's made of. 

"How comfortable are you with combat Erin?"

"I have been in my fair share of battles now," she shrugged not looking all that spectacular in either pride or confidence in herself. "I mean three of the boss fights I have been a part of all ended up with the boss being slayed with a single slice. None of them being me." She frowned and looked to the ground, "I'm trying my best at growing stronger ... I guess it was easier when people didn't know what I looked like in other games. Now I just feel pathetic to say the least. But I swear that one day I will be seen on the front line." She stopped feeling a bit more confident before biting her lip, "J-just hopefully not wearing this same set of armor ... maybe one day I will find something more useful."

"Fair enough. Then allow me to test your combative skills." Going through his inventory, the blonde selected his Amphibian Teeth, Inquisiteur, and Clasp of the Progenitor. Equipping them, he elected one other item and gifted it to the lass before him. "The item I just sent you, is Lambhardt. Zelrius had this crafted for you specifically so make good use of it lass. This will also be a half loss duel. I will not use sword arts over the rank of two given your current stats and I'd like to not kill you by accident, should you accept that is?" On the one hand, he didn't want to pressure her but on the other he wanted to test something else entirely.  What will be your choice Erin?

As the lamb trimmed shield was gifted to her she began to go wide eye, it matched the ensemble quite well. She still wasn't certain how she felt about that. Her armor seemed less supportive so much as offensive thanks to the way it caught her opponents gaze. As he continued to talk to her she began to realize where he was planning with his little speech. "Y-you want me to duel you?" She equipped the white shield and stood before him nervously as she began to think. She hadn't much to lose except the fact that he could possibly kill her apparently in this little test. Taking a deep breath and closing her eye she raised her shield and whip and nodded. "R-right then ... l-lets do this." She held her ground as she wasn't really certain how duels worked.

"Very well then. Ready yourself young lamb. I'll pull no punches aside from the handicap at hand." Sending the request over, the blonde prepped himself for the timer. Double checking his items and and analyzing his opponents stance, he prepared for her opening move. She''s more likely to exhaust herself than to beat me. Given our level and stat difference the fight was never intended for her to win but rather how she attacks the situation to give herself the best chance too win. How adaptable is she? That's what I want to know.

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 133/ ENRG: 32/DMG: 9/ MIT: 25/ ACC: 3/ EVA: 0

Paralytic Venom (Offensive):  On a natural roll of 7-10 with an attack, it will paralyze the opponent targeted for one turn, stopping them from doing any movement. Does not use Stun cool down.

+2 Paralyze (Shield) on opp BD 8-10

+1 Thorns (Shield) on opp BD 6-8

(OOC: You have first move.)

Erin gulped and nodded as she then slashed out her whip and lunged toward him her shield leading her charge. She cracked her whip toward him but the thought of attacking another human mad her second guess herself. She slowly let her grip on the handle tilt the whip letting out a loud crack at the ground. "Crud," She then stumbled forward as she realized her attack missed horribly she grimaced and looked back toward her opponent knowing that her abilities were being judged didn't help her stage fright.

Acc: 3+2 -miss

Erin HP 36/36

Erin Energy 8/9

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Post Link Time
40612 3 8 3 7 Erin Msg_hover2.png 2015-11-29 10:52:01

Erin: 36/36 E: 8/9

Oikawa: 133/133 E: 32/32

As he figured, she went for a frontal attack on him. Bearing her shield as the only line of defense between them. Unflinching, he watched as the whip cracked against the ground a few feet ahead of him. Remaining neutral in expression, he took a step and somewhat vanished as he reappeared right in front of her. Rapier drawn but not threateningly, he looked into her eyes as he spoke. "You'll have to learn to calm your nerves in battle. The frontlines are far more dangerous than I'll ever be and your life isn't some fragile set pixels held together in this world. It's you. Death here is death out there. And I'd hate myself if I didn't try to at least instill that in you."

Taking a few paces back. The blonde gestured for her to try once more.

She sighed taking a deep breath and looked back at her opponent, something subconsciously ticking in the back of her mind as she readied her next attack. This time however she raised her whip and caught her own leg causing her to pull it up awkwardly before face-planting into her fluffy shield and groaning in pain as she lied their on the ground. "I can't do ..." She whimpered before looking up from the shield toward the blacksmith who had designed her shield. "I'm completely hopeless I can't fight other people I-I don't want to cause them any pain." 

Erin HP 36/36

Energy: 8/9

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Post Link Time
40644 2 9 17 4 Erin Msg_hover2.png 2015-11-29 16:28:03

Erin: 12/36 (-24) E: 8/9

Oikawa: 133/133 E: 32/32

Roll: 40684 BD: 7 (4 + 3)

Neutron: 9 x 5 = 45 - 21 = 24

Oikawa could only sigh as the girl manged to harm herself  rather than him. Blade outstretched, he took three strides. Effectively closing the gap between them. Knowing full well how this battle would pan out, Oikawa opted to just end it. "Erin please brace yourself." The words were a warning as he activated <<Neutron>>. Five rapid thrusts erupted from his blade as he plunged the blade into her. With the duel being set to half loss, it ended soon after. Sheathing his blade, he offered her his hand and gestured for her to follow along.

A hie pierce shriek road across the air as the blade plunged into her as his blade sliced into her avatar. She hadn't ever been attacked before by another character in a duel or otherwise so as he sliced at her she watched as the pixel on her avatar got gashes as well as her hp bar dropping well below half which she never had happen before. Breathing heavily she lied there on the ground nervously till he sheathed his blade. Seeing the hand slide down to her she gulped nervously and accepted his assistance as she was now lifted up from the ground blushing.

Pulling the petite blonde to her feet, Oikawa grinned as a red tint spread through her cheeks. "My apologies. It seems you aren't quite prepared yet for duels. I should've been more considerate. Keep the shield. It suits you and will help keep you in the fight longer." Releasing his hand from hers, he sighed as he stared out to the fields above. Offering a change of topics, Oikawa glanced at Erin and began to speak. "What're your intentions with Azure? What're your goals for this world?" He hadn't the slightest clue why he decided to ask but the thought kept tugging at him.

She was a bit hesitant now as she had just been defeated in a dual which she wasn't certain about how fatal they could be, "I-I don't really have plans yet for Azure Brigade." She shrugged as she legitimately hadn't been told or asked to join it. She knew a lot of people though who were part of it. Manta and Zel being two of the only people she met with on a regular basis. "I-I guess I just want to find a place where I belong here ... never had a place that I really fit in outside of the video games I played either. Never really had the time or courage to meet with others and discuss things like that. I joined a few guilds in older games but most of them just saw me as a wild card as I act a lot different when my life isn't on the line."

"A place to belong...fitting in...courage...all things I suppose I have. Though I think for you to get what you desire, you have to make a change in yourself first. How you go about that, is process you'll have to figure out soon. I'm afraid I have other pressing matters to attend to. Farewell Lady Erin." Offering a slight bow and a kiss to the back of her hand, Oikawa turned to leave. "Do take care of yourself milady. We'll be watching your progress."

"A place to belong...fitting in...courage...all things I suppose I have. Though I think for you to get what you desire, you have to make a change in yourself first. How you go about that, is process you'll have to figure out soon. I'm afraid I have other pressing matters to attend to. Farewell Lady Erin." Offering a slight bow and a kiss to the back of her hand, Oikawa turned to leave. "Do take care of yourself milady. We'll be watching your progress."

"Umm right?" She said as he basically recited back her words to her uncertain of what he was thinking now. She listened to him speak as he then bid her a fine farewell. "Umm thank you for the shield and everything you have done. I promise that I learned something from it and will keep it in mind from here on out." She sighed looking down at her feet as he began to walk off now after planting another embarrassing kiss upon her hand. "E-everyone still is treating me like a fine lady ... well at least dad would be proud of me but this was suppose to be a game where I became a hero." She sighed.

The blonde offered a small chuckle as he took his leave. Despite haven't learning much about the lamb aside from the fact she isn't combat ready, Oikawa strangely felt attached to her. Not in a romantic way, nor in a brother-sister way. More-so like her guardian angel. He felt the need to protect Zel's little friend.  What has Zel gotten himself into? Involved with someone who's not on his caliber? On purpose? An ulterior motive? What's his game? I suppose I could always just ask when I see him next. Sigh.

Tossing a peace sign over his shoulder, The Faint made his way back into town.