[OP-F4] Return to Ruin (COMPLETE)

Return to Ruin

In front of a fair sized shop, a lone person clad in jade chest armor stood, holding his hand to the door.  The door had a closed sign on it, but it would seem much more different than normal.  A feeling of dread came up, though, he knew that it was unwarranted.  They felt that the person that should be behind this door would answer if they knocked.  The person would ball his hand into a fist before rapping his knuckles on the wood, hoping for a response.  

...but no one came.

Trying again, he would knock a little harder.

...nothing would stir.

This wasn't the only time that this had happened.  Nearly everyone else had gone missing.  They weren't dead, from what the man could see.  His friend list could attest to that.  Though, all of the people that he considered good friends, were nowhere to be found.  

'Was this because I had been gone for so long?,' he would think as he lowered his fist.  It was true that the hunter had been gone for quite some time.  That was only because of the requirement of information.  He needed to know where they were.  Not his friends, but his enemies.  The ones that causes his pain to return.

Walking away from the shop, the lone hunter walked into the tavern that started the group that he longed to see again.

Edited by Hirru

Goofing off near the outskirts he wandered closer to the center of town. Not wanting to stir up trouble he kept to himself. He had rested against the wall of a shop just to people watch. Seeing the man in the pretty armor made Evac shuddered at how much it had to have costed. He started trailing him just to see where he went. The man went into a tavern. Hmmm, should I follow or... nope, Ima follow him, Evac thought to himself. He went into the tavern also. Not knowing quite why he was doing this, he did it anyway. He smiled as he thought: hey, at least hes not a pker!

Edited by evac

Taking a seat near the bar, the hunter would be prompted for a drink.  He gestured 'yes', but the system wouldn't acknowledge a response like that.  Instead, he would have to talk to the person behind the counter.  Of course, by now, the hunter would have known that this person wasn't human, but something different.  That didn't stop him from being frank about his order.

"Hard drink!"

"Coming right up!"

The bartender would respond as the hunter would keep his gaze towards the inner bar.  There weren't many people here, that he would consider people.  One or two that been here before he had come in, and the one that followed him.  Not much to go on there, but maybe one of them would be a conversationalist.  If not, this was going to be a dull night.

Evac sat at the bar also, and responded no to the drink. The jade clad man said yes. Huh, Evac thought, he doesnt seem like the drinking type. I wonder if he noticed me yet. Obviously he hadnt, or else Evac would have been pointed out beforehand, not to mention he only had been taipimg him for a short time. Evac kept tabs on the man out of the corner of his eye, and was kind of upset that the man was sad. Ive got to talk to him Evac thought. Moving from his edge seat to the one next to the man, he said "Sweet armour man!

[Virtue: Good Listener + Skill: Search & Detect]

The hunter had already known the presence of the individual that had followed him in here.  Without the hiding skill, there wasn't much of a way to get away from his hearing.  Though, they didn't seem to try to be stealthy, in the first place.  It would only look like he came in after the hunter for a drink.  The only thing that he wouldn't know is their thoughts and what they wanted from him.  The hunter wouldn't care in the slightest.  This was a town; a safe zone.  If there was any violence here, nothing would come of it.  Health doesn't go down, but the fight could get pretty intense, if not settled in a duel.  

When the man sat next to him and complemented his armor, the hunter simply smiled as the bartender came back with his drink.  He held his hand out to give some Col to the bartender before accepting the drink.  Turning his head to the man that complemented him, he nodded saying,

"Cheers!"

Before chugging the pint to the last drop.  He would then look back to the man and respond in kind.

"Nice choice in attire yourself!  Though, not enough for protection, I would say."

"You can say that again. Only stuff I could afford..." Evac noticed the man chugged his drinks. Probably an old habit he thought. "Im Evac. You seemed dissapointed earlier outside. What happened? If, um, you dont mind telling that is." Evac looked the man in the eyes with an understanding glance that showed empathy. Poor guy, I hope he didnt lose someone, Evac thought. "A nice guy like you should have plenty of friends, although I hope to add one to my list by the end of this conversation." He said with a smirk, and a dash of confidence.

The hunter chuckled at the man named Evac.  He hadn't been able to laugh like that in a good while, and that was saying something.  The hunt was getting long, and the days flowing on like nothing would stop it.  Of course, time would not stop for him, or anyone else.  Everyone was doing their own thing now, and he couldn't figure out where they were.  At least, he had this guy to talk to today.

"Friends.."

He started staring at the empty glass.  All of his friends are either busy with the higher floors where he can't tread, or are missing in action.  He hasn't seen many of the old guild either.

"...They're doing their own thing.  I've got to continue mine."

The hunter said as he asked for another drink.  The bartender obliged as another drink came his way.  This time, he didn't drink it whole.  Just stared into it while thinking about what to do next.

"You can call me, Hirru."

He said before downing the drink.

There is a gust of freezing wind as the door to the tavern opens with a slight creek. The heavy oak door closes behind a darkly clad and, heavily armored man. The man's armor was his signature "plated ninja" look and, looked like it had been well taken care of. The warrior pushes back his hood and, face wrap revealing the chilled feature of a rugged, young man.The man's face has a few new scars but, it was undeniably, Beoreson of the Crimson Blades. He entered the room and, scanned through the NPCs and, players with his dark blue eyes. His eyes instantly locked on to his old comrade Hirru.  His face breaks into a smile and he gives a friendly wave. "Well, I wasn't expecting to see to see you here, Hirru." states the man in his slightly rumbling voice. He looks to the man beside Hirru and, does a quick weapon check. His face turning stern as he crunched numbers in his head. He didn't seem to be a threat to him so, his expression softened again as his smile returns.

With the coming of an new patron, the hunter would not look to see who they were until a their voice called out to them.  Turning his head fast, he couldn't believe his eyes.  It was probably the drink getting to him, but that was near impossible.  It wouldn't be able to replicate that voice so well.  That scarred face was too easy to tell now-a-days.

"Beoreson..?  Is that really you?"

Getting up, the hunter walked over to the shrouded man before him.  Sure enough, the closer he got to the man, the better he could see that it truly was him.  With a tear welling up in his eye, he clasped the shoulder of his old friend.

"It's good to see you, comrade.  I've been looking for the other Blades for some time now."

Edited by Hirru

"Well mr. Hirru, it looks like one found you. Its nice to meet you." I looked at the newcomer and said "Hi, Im Evac. You can well, call me Evac!" I laughed. These guys looked fun. I am gunna stay here for a while, this may turn into some fun. Pfffft like these guys want to hang out with a lvl one. They dont have a choice I said to myself. Due to the fact that were in a safe zone, they couldnt hurt me so I was safe. Not that they would anyway, seeing as though they have things going on with their lives right now, they wouldnt want to become a pk'er.

Edited by evac

Beoreson pats his comrade on the shoulder and, nods to Hirru. "We will need to catch up. Mind if we sit down?" The warrior looks towards the young man and, gives a friendly wave. It seems that what the warrior is not as cold as he used to be. Beoreson nods towards the young man. The armoured man says, " Beoreson, but you can call me Beor."  He sits at the table with the young man and, orders himself a beer.  The NPC brings one to him and, he sips on the frothy beverage. "So, what has become of the blades? You mentioned that you where looking for them." asks the warrior with a small hint of awkwardness in his voice.

Edited by Beoreson

Glad to have someone from the past to talk to, the hunter sat back down with his friend.  There was much to tell him, but for now, they would need to talk about the Blades.

"I've been out of sync with everyone for quite some time.  From what I've heard, the guild has become desolate.  No word from Mack, Xion, or even yourself for the longest time.  The recruits have all either moved on, or forgotten themselves."

The hunter would continue, but he would need one more drink to continue.  Signalling the bartender, he would continue.

"No one is dead, as I've checked the Black Palace before hand.  I just checked to see if Mack's shop was open.  Nothing.. not even chewies growls."

"That's very disturbing....", says the black haired warrior. He takes a good swig from his mug and, reclines into his chair. "Well, I guess I will have to start working to band together whatever is left of us.", mutters the warrior more to himself then, those around him. "Hirru mind helping me with at least doing a head count?" asks the warrior. He nods in response to Hirru then, lakes towards the new player and says, "So, what are you doing out on this floor? You look a little low for this floor." asks the warrior in a very blunt manner. He takes another drag from his mug and, orders another drink from the bartender.

(Ooc sorry, forgot and then had to do stuff and things.)

I looked at the man and pulled down my menu and equipped my armor. "Im good beor, and ya dont got to worry about me friend!" I said with a smile. I was curious about what they were talking about. "I wanna help! I will soo help you guys out. You seem like nice peeps." I thought about what Violet would say. Ahh well! She will just have to live with it. "I know I seem low level, but level four isnt that low......." Yes it is you retard, I thought. I cant wait for the day when I get good enough for people not to give me suspicous glances when I am on high floors.

Edited by evac

Klick and Ping was exhausted from his encounter with the Wasp Queen. Though it was not a hard fight, it was a long one for sure. Still he was wide awake, so he figure he would check out some different places. After mindlessly exploring he found his self in a tavern. He still had his armor though it was nothing fancy. Some gauntlets, greaves, A Breastplate, and some pants with small plates on the side. Though He considered his self a tank, he had been shying away from his shield given he could not use it along with his 2 hand Glaive. 

Inside the shop, their was a severe lack of human players with the exception of 3 people of varying levels. Klick recently hit level 11 himself so he was not as weak as he looked. Given all his perfect gear, he thought he was pretty well off at his level.  He walked up to the bar and read all the signs. Then the bartender asked him if he wanted a drink. Klick took a deep breath before preparing butcher his Japanese. "Uhh... a water please."

He looked over to the group of 3. He was writing down what they were saying in order to understand it better, and it seemed like the seconded highest level guy was worried about the lower level being on this floor. Then the player mentioned he was level 4. Klick gasped. A level 4 on the 4th floor. That surely was not safe. Shoot the only reason he was ok was because of his gear and mastery in the defensive arts. Klicked grabbed his water and marched over to the group.

"Uhh... Hello, I no... trying be rude... But I over hear you guys looking for people." The he glanced over at the level 4 before turning to the high levels. "I not strong... but I can handle my own and a body or too." He knocked on his armor to emphasis his tankiness. "I don't mind helping... little guy." Klick smiled happy he was able to at least say something without stuttering. Though he knew he probably made a few mistakes, he was sure he was understand able.

Then he remembered about the Japanese formalities, "Oh sorry i almost forgot." He bowed, "I Klick"

As he bowed, a sleeping Ping fell out of his hair. she woke up and started flying before hitting the ground and let out a string of pings, chimes, ringing like sounds to signal how made she was at Klick. Klick scratched his had and apologized to her before turned back to the group, "Oh and this Ping."

Edited by Klick

Beoreson sighs at the man buttering Japanese in front of him. "I'm Beoreson. I'm pretty sure most of us here are able to speak English. Also, I'm American so don't worry about formalities", states the warrior in English. He cleanly switched into English as if the conversation wasn't even interrupted. " I was looking for people that are in the Crimson Blades My guild mates appear to be MIA." states the warrior calmly. He takes a swig from his mug. Its bitter contents manage to finally warm him up a little. "Have a seat, as they say the more the merrier.”, the man in black states

Klick scratched his head, laughing as before he swapped to English, "Was it that bad?" Klick pulled the chair back before jumping into it. "It is nice to meet a fellow American haha." Ping shook her head before sitting on the table next to the water. She let out a few chimes and pointed to Beoreson's drink. Klick sighed and slid his water to her, "Thanks for the seat and sorry about your guild."  Ping tilled the cup to her so she could drink it. Realizing it was water, she pouted and pushed it away. Then she let out louder Chimes. Klick turned to her and patted her head, "I will make you something to drink when we get home." Then he turned back to the group, "If there is anything I can do to help, let me know."

The hunter nodded to the agreement.  They would have to reforge the old group by hand, as Mack was the figure head of the group, but it would be fine.  He wonder where that jug-head went?  Other than that, he remembered some of the old guild so he would start with them.

"Do you still have a list of some of the recruits?  I don't remember most of them."

Then Evac would ask them if he could help, which made the hunter grin before looking back at Beoreson.

"I think we just found our new recruit."

He would say before another player would come up to them, trying to speak japanese to them.  For some reason, he could understand both, but didn't know why.  As they talked, the hunter would go back to talking to Evac.

"How about it?  Wanna join the Crimson Blades?"

Edited by Hirru

Beoreson snaps into a much more formal manner. He sits at attention and, looks to Hirru with a puzzled look. "You're quite the recruiter", states the warrior in a plain manner. He looks to Klick and says, "Don't worry, about the guild thing. If you really want to join we would have a quite formalities to go though and, we can do that at a later time." states the darkly clad man. Beoreson looks at the fairy as if it is an alien artifact for a moment or two. " Is Ping a familiar?", asks the man with what looks to be an genuine inquisitive look. He takes a swig from his drink and, reclines in his chair again.

Loking at he unfolding talk, I smiled as I said "Hi klick! Its nice to meet you! Ping is pretty cute if ya ask me. "And Beor," I turned my attention to the man who had addresed me "Hirru id love to join. That is once we go through all those formalities you talked about." Then I continued sipping the amber liquid in front of me. Odd  how they got it to look and taste almost exactly like in real life. I directed my face at the door, thinking about Nix while sighing. Wow, I said to myself, these guys are cool! At this point I was willing be quiet so that I didn't embarrass myself.

Edited by evac
longer