[SP - F10] Enough of your screaming woman! «Wail of the Banshee»

Tartarus, its been a long time since the blonde wasn't here. She'd spend her self inflicted exile here, fighting on the front lines...well at least during that time. Now she was here for a quest she overlooked for some reason. A suspicious old lady with wry black hair, who wears a dirty, silk night gown approached her, she spoke in a very distressed voice as she almost plead to Ariel. She asked her to get rid of the banshee, for the banshee has killed her husband. 'Nothing good comes from revenge' she though but decided against voicing it. "Should you accept..." she said  "...a great reward shall be bestowed upon you" and shows the girl a large bag containing 10,000 col. "I no longer needs it for without my husband there is little to life" she continued with a sad tone. Ariel took pity on her request, despite knowing she was just a NPC. So accepted with a nod: "Don't worry, I'll enact revenge in your stead."

She left the city gates and headed towards the area instructed by the woman.

ID:40613  LD:7

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

"Now where to find that banshee ghost thing?" she asked, making by default Kimba the recipient of the question. The lion did some complicated expression, her attempt of a shrug and sigh but was understood by the blonde. "Yeah, we've spend a bit of time here and only now found this quest....what to do?" of course that question was rhetorical as the answer will be of course to complete it at once. With the discovery of Unique Skills and related items, she was falling behind in terms of damage dealing. She needed all the boost from SPs she could get.

They didn't take long to reach Tartarus and wend on a black place on her map data. It was a huge surprise to her to see that a whole new area....called <<Banshee Lair>>  popped up on her map. "Well that was quick!" she said with a smirk.

ID# 40748  LD: 20 (nat)   <<Banshee Lair>>  Found!

The two entered the laid and begun looking around the place. It was the standard haunted house scenario so there was little to no need to wory about their health. Actually it was kind of anticlimactic as the blonde thought that this place would somehow prove more challenging than the rest of the floor. They stumbled on two zombie type mobs  wielded some rusted swords: "I guess these guys are guarding the banshee?" asked the blonde as she unsheathed her blade. she rushed towards the nearest one and made short of him with a five hit combo sword art. Poor thing didn't even got a chance to asks itself if she was friend or foe.

ID# 41165  BD: 7 (5+2)  MD: 1

• Ariel: 157/157 HP  Energy: 33/38  Sword Art:  (5) Neutron – 5x1 *(10+4)
  1. Undead Guardian Zombie: -15/40 HP
  2. Undead Guardian Zombie: 40/40 HP
Spoiler

<Undead Guardian Zombies>
Health: 40 HP
Damage per Attack: 30

+15 Damage Mitigation

From her left she could hear that the partner of the now defunct zombie had acknowledged her presence and by his attempt to strike her, categorized her as a foe. But that logical process was of little concern for the blonde who simply side stepped and dodged its incoming downwards slash and proceeded to use the same sword art she used on his friend. "Okay, guards... I think we're getting close!" said the blonde a little happier now that she made her warm up on these two.

ID# 41172  BD: 8 (nat)  MD: 2 

• Ariel: 157/157 HP  Energy: 29/38  Sword Art:  (5) Neutron – 5x1 *(10+4)
  1. Undead Guardian Zombie: -15/40 HP
  2. Undead Guardian Zombie: -15/40 HP

It didn't take her long to reach this so called FIeld Boss. As the two finally found the mob they were looking for, Ariel's eyes could see a figure floating.... levitating about ten centimeters above ground level. Her physique was that of a teen girl dressed in a white dress that reminded of a bride's dress. 'So the backstory on her is that she died before getting married...' said the blonde as she continue to observe her, noticing the lack of legs. 'If she starts using range attacks while floating beyond my attack area it would be troublesome.' thought the blonde as she assumed a battle stance and dashed towards the boss. she unleashed a fury of thrusts and slashes, reaching a total combo of 13 hits.

ID# 41173  BD: 10 (nat)  MD: 5 (8-3) 

• Ariel: 157/157 HP  Energy: 29/38  Sword Art: (13)Over Radiation - 13x1*(10+4+2)
  1. Banshee: 42/250 HP
Spoiler

<Banshee> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
Health: 250 HP
+2 Evasion

Damage per Attack: 60
Banshee ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
-Banshee's Screech: On a natural roll of 10 she will add a scream to her attack that will paralyze all players present for 1 turn.

It seems this sudden assault on it upset the boss as she started breathing heavy and directed her black eyes towards her assailant. Next she attached Ariel with her nails that reached a spectacular sudden growth. The blonde tried to deflect her hands with her own vambraces but the area of effect was too great and she received a major blow, being launched backwards by the force. "Tsk, I guess she didn't like my greeting!" muttered the blonde as she picked herself up. Looking at her HP bar, she couldn't help but release a vile smile... it's been awhile since she'd seen it drop like that. She could feel her blood boiling up inside her with anticipation. "Nice one there!" she commended the raven haired ghost.

In the next moment she regained her stance and dashed towards her once again. Mid-run she adjusted her position, activating a high-ranking, high speed sword art that chains together five consecutive thrusts at the target's body. She released the blows one after another with intense bloodlust as she targeted all of her vital parts. In the end, the Banshee had released a horrid scream before instead of exploding into white pixels, she'd fallen onto the ground and gained a human form.

ID# 41174  BD: 10 (nat)  MD: 9 (nat.)  LD: 9

• Ariel: 97/157 HP  Energy: 29/38  Sword Art:  (5) Neutron – 5x1 *(10+2)
  1. Banshee: -18/250 HP

"How can this be?" asked the blonde with a shocked expression. While she walked towards the figure, ready to end its life, she recognized the face and the frame that became withered by age. It was the old lady that send her onto this quest, why was she here??? that question bounced inside her head as she couldn't come up with a logical explanation. The old woman coughed and directed her tired eyes towards Ariel, the blonde let go of her weapon and went by her side to help her raise up... but all she managed was to bring her in a sitting position. "You are very kind!" said the woman with a pain voiced. "But its for the best... After my loved one died prematurely I was alone...hate and rage consumed me and turned me into what you fought not so long ago." a terrible cough came from her nimble physic, shaking her entirely. The blonde bit her lower lip in frustration as she knew there was nothing she could do to ease her pain.

The woman eyes the blonde's discarded rapier and then spoke. "Please... put an end to my suffering. " she almost pleaded, her eyes becoming watery. "No I won't." she said in a distressed tone, instantly summoning her inventory and picking up a healing crystal from it. But when she tried to use it on the woman, the damn thing wouldn't activate. "Why isn't it working!!??" shouted the blonde in frustration. The idea of picking her up and running with her until they reached Yomi crossed her mind but the old woman wouldn't make it. Her options were quickly running out as the old lady's HP bar. "You are truly kind, young lady. I'm sorry I have deceived you in this way, using col as bait." she muttered barely even being able to speak.  

The pained voice of the old lady made Ariel winch with every sound. Upon hearing "Please, do it!" she finally let go of any reluctance and reached for her weapon. It felt so heavy that her wrist was about to snap but she tightened the grip as hard as she could and brought the dark tip of her rapier to her stomach. A emotionless 'I'm sorry' escaped her lips as she impaled the woman...making her scatter into pixels after she released a happy 'thank you!'. What was there to be thankful off... in the end, she was just another mob that needed to be slayed. And the blonde did her duty and relieved it of its life. That was the point that she heard something snap inside her head... or maybe it was just her imagination. Either way she started laughing uncontrollably as tears started pouring from her eyes.

Alarmed by this sudden outburst Kimba rushed to Ariel's side growling and carrying a worried expression. "STAY BACK!" came a sudden shout... more like roar from the blonde that made even the fearless Kimba stop in her tracks. It was not the actual command that stopped her but the tone... she'd never heard Ariel address her like that, releasing almost a animalic roar. The blonde started breathing heavily as she processed what just happened.

There was a quest... and somehow she ended killing a innocent woman. With that last action, she basically spit on her father's teaching and her way of life until this point. The pride she had until now had broken into pieces along with her mindset. She'd killed mobs before and thought of them as simple computer generated things that she used for her training. But now she slayed a old woman who was merely grieving for her lost husband and was made by the system in this way, she had no ill intent towards Ariel...yet she killed her even if it was a request.

• 2 months later...

Unable to bear such thought, the blonde stood up. The whole cave that was more spacious than it seemed started shrinking from all sides. The blonde was not one to fear claustrophobia but she was afraid. Afraid of what she's become... unable to acknowledge those thoughts she started running, not even looking back at Kimba who started howling after her. She began slashing at whatever mob came in front of her, dealing overkilling blows not stopping to claim the rewards. She just run, actually believing that THAT would solve something, that it would ease the pain in her chest even by a little.

With a powerful roar that seemed to shake the whole place, Kimba started chasing after the blonde. She's been with her for more than a year now and hasn't seen her in this state. The lioness was worried for her friend and kept chasing her, finishing any mobs that would follow and protect her back. Ariel of course was oblivious to thisas she continued her crazed running. A part of her just snapped and wanted to forget all the things that transpired here...maybe that was why she was running, who knows...

ID# 50204  LD: 11

Images of days of past begin replacing the darkness inside the cave, even if her silver iris gained a red outline due to the shared vision bound she had with her familiar. It wasn't as good as the night vision skill she heard of but she could make her way through the darkness. The images slowly started revolving as they were linked into a film pelicula and showed her a specific memory of the past, when she had just finished her first training with her father.

"Its different to be a part of it, ain't it Kayla?" her father asked her while wiping the sweat off his face with a warm towel.
"Yes father. I like it!" came the reply of a young Ariel with her hair pinned in a ponytail. She was breathing hard after taking a big gulp of water, a much deserved reward for her perseverance.
"I see, it's good to hear that, your old man is pleased. Hahahaha." came a heart worming reply from the blonde man beside her, his whole frame shaking alongside his laughs.

ID# 50205  LD: 11

"Father, can I ask you something?" came a ginger inquiry from the girl who shifted her little body to face the man, locking his eyes onto hers. 
"Sure honey!" he reply almost immediately while sensing the light seriousness that tinged her tone. Expecting either a random question about the training they just did, or her refusal in doing it anymore. His expression became a bit sour as he thought of the later, his expression giving away his concern.
"Why are you doing this?" she simply asked, catching the man off guard.
"Why you ask.... why have I included you in my training or...?" he replied,  not knowing what the girl meant with the question.
"Why are you training at all?" she replied, her gaze pinning him down alongside her serious expression.
"Um..." her old man stuttered a bit as he pondered on what to reply to this golden haired angel.

ID# 50206  LD: 16 (+1 Material)

From the back, the lioness chasing her picked up a shining object that caught her attention. She kept it in her mouth careful enough not to break it while running after her friend. the thought 'how much longer is this chick going to run?' was ever present in her mind.

The girl stared intently at her dad, not letting him go as he looked at the door behind him in search for help from his wife, her mother. But none came, he could even swear he heard the sliding paper door close with a light *thump* making his escape impossible. He returned his gaze at the little girl and let out a sigh. She was making it quite clear that she wouldn't leave him be without and answer.
"How can I put this suggar... um. I told you about grandfather and grandmother right? They wouldn't talk to each other that much and they would talk to me instead." he tried to put it in simple terms to evade the truth that he was often abused as a child, this was most definitely a story for children to hear but he tried to make it into a life lesson.
"And so that is why... " he continued, being careful with his wording. "I would find myself a hobby when I got older, leave them alone at home so that they would talk more to each other instead of me."

ID# 50206  LD: 8

"One time I've meet another boy with whom I became friends with. He was an apprentice to a fencing school and manage to get me in there too. I found there friends and guidance from a good teacher. Things that weren't available for me at home." he stopped and looked at the girl. She looked at him intensely, absorbing his every word. The thought of how lucky he was in this particular stage of his life and how much changed for him. That gave him courage to carry on with his story:
"In time I left home, as I became even better in fencing. It was a natural step, one that I hope you will never have to make." he wasn't sure if he made his point or not but looked at the golden fur ball near him and smiled:

"What I'm trying to say is that I didn't have a proper reason to pick up fencing at the beginning but in time I manage to acquire one." He showed a large smile, making his teeth visible as he went and hugged his little angel in that moment a raven headed beauty came into the room as if she was waiting for the end of the story:
"You and your mother are that reason!" he said and carried the little girl in his hand and hugged the both of them. "And Kayla, even now... every morning that I pick up my weapon, be it rapier or katana, I do it for the two of you."

ID# 50209  LD: 12

• 7 months later...

The little girls didn't understood why but she felt happy hearing her father's words. She desired to be like her father when she'd grow up, strong and powerful enough both mentally and physically so that she could protect what is dear to her. That scene and many other were the fuel that kept her going forward in her life, learning her father's swordsmanship and even focusing on it until it became a mean to gain her daily meals. Of course she could travel all around the world and meet many interesting people and live different experiences. Up until now, at the age of 23 she didn't regret her choice of living by the sword... the act of killing a innocent NPC old woman, despite being part of a quest, was now testing her resolve. It might seem like a trivial thing in normal games but Ariel, even after being aware that this was a death game, decided to not taint the swordsmanship that she inherited from her father with senseless murders. The question now was... was this one such a murder?

ID# 69179  LD: 3

By her own set of rules, killing a innocent using the ways of her father was a treacherous act from her point of view. That's why she even avoided using Rank 5 sword arts on actual players and decided on using them on mobs.. most of the times.

She ran and ran until she almost reached the outer walls of the main setlement of the 10th floor. It was a dark place and it was amazing how in her running daydream, she didn't encounter any undead enemies. Seems like the little bottle of <Firefly Essence> that she had in her left hand. She let out a sight as she touched the surface of the outer walls of the city, then while leaning her back on then she slumped down... hugging her knees after she put the fluorescent bottle on the ground in front of her. How could she tell if it was the right thing to do? 

She used her now free left hand to navigate through her inventory and equipped a old cape she had... catching a glimpse of a nearby flower which she stored inside her inventory.

ID# 69180  LD: 16 (13+3) +1 Material

The she proudly were while she was apart of The Guardians of Aincrad guild that, as cheesy as the name sounded, had a creed which protected all the players of this God forsaken place. One would say that it had nothing to do with NPCs and that one would be wrong; the moment you'd use the excuse that 'they aren't real' to kill NPCs, at least in the blonde's opinion, your mentality already became twisted and perverted. There was only a step from killing NPCs to killing actual player and she didn't want to be able to take it.

Hugging her knees tightly, the blonde gritted her teeth hoping that she could get some kind of answer via a divine intervention or something. But there was nothing there just the absolute silence of the darkness around her. If not for the little illumination source the blonde's mind would get consumed by the dark.

ID# 69181  LD: 13 (10+3)

While drowning in doubt and self pity, soft shifting noises could be heard coming from the distance. Catching wind of the sounds, the blonde raised her bloodshot eyes from her knees and looked forwards. It took some time for her vision to stabilize but she still couldn't see nothing. It took a few second until a white furball came into the lighted area from out of the pitch black. Kimba didn't do anything except walking near the aforementioned bottle and sniffing it twice before shifting her gaze at the blonde. Her expression didn't reveal much but the lioness didn't get closer to Ariel and sat down across her and began to purr softly. The blonde them remembered that she pushed her familiar away before running off and let out a sarcastic laugh. "Do you hate me now?" she asked the apparently sleeping lioness. "Will you abandon me like I did?"

ID# 69182  LD: 20 (17+3) +1 Material