[PP-F1] Social Interaction.. Great (Oikawa)

Okay, so I have met Lowenthal, Celesmeth, and Zelrius in the course of like 3 days. Wish I could level up so I can make my way to actually be come someone they don't pity for being such a low, helpless level. Might as well get out of the inn room, need something to do. Val stretched upwards and cracked his non-used limbs, ready for the day and what it brings. He opened the inn room and set out of the day. Instead of his usual trek through the woods, he decided to go to the lake. He only went there a few times because that is where low level pker's hang out. But, he was going to stay in the safe zone portion of the beach/lake area, he is really not in the mood to die. Val sat on the sad and rubbed some sand off his jacket, the hat he had on falling off into the sand, his blonde hair sprawled under him as he slowly laid down. Now what...

Too often I find myself meandering on these floors. Especially this one. Months have passed since I last spoke to Kotori. She seems to have all but vanished. My curiosity and my heart are constantly in sync and wish to know if she's alright. (Chuckles) I suppose that's why I found myself out here so often. The low threat of danger, the lack of disturbance, as well the serenity keeps me sane. These thoughts filled the young man's head as he traversed the virtually empty hideaway on the first floor. The lakefront was a place he had only found about a few months ago. He spent much of his hiatus here. The time away was needed. With the ending of his relationship and loss for continuing on, he found solace in the quite world of Aincrad. Today seemed to have a different agenda for him today however as he picked up on the presence of another player. Peering from the trees, the blonde spotted an unfamiliar face. Hmm perhaps I should introduce myself, then again...I like the solidarity. Perhaps he'll leave.

The peace of the beach almost got Val to fall asleep. I wonder if I will meet anyone special in this game. The chances of meeting another gay guy are slim to none for my luck and well, my first crush on this game is one of the most famous people in all of Aincrad... this is just perfect. On another not, I think I should adventure some more, even though most mobs could kill me with only like two hits.... That is why I should and shouldn't adventure.... god the decisions..... Val's thoughts continued as the water moved and everything went silent. Then, a pair of shoes made their way over here from afar. Social interaction... great Val looked over to see a blonde haired figure standing there. I feel like I know him. He may be one of the players my friends talk about... Not Lowenthal.... maybe Oikawa? Oikawa isn't as famous as like Zelrius but is well known... Wont be able to make myself talk to him. Then with a stroke of 'luck' they made eye contact. Val quickly turned away.

As their gazes locked briefly, the unknown player quickly turned away. Odd.. I suppose he could just be shy. The Faint then used a technique he'd bee working on. In a rapid blur of motion, he seemingly teleported straight to the fellow. The grass rustled beneath him as the small amount of wind he had whipped up settled. Taking a seat by the newbie, Oikawa leaned back and rested against the grass. "My name is Oikawa, yours would be?"

Val almost jumped when Oikawa got close and said his name. So it is Oikawa. He is apart of Azure Brigade... Another one wow. Three in three days. "I-I'm Val." He said and blushed, rubbing sand from his hair. This guy, much like the other famous Aincrad people he has met, seemed like a normal guy Yeah, all except Zelrius. He thought and looked at Oikawa. "W-what are you doing on an extremely low leveled floor like this?" Val asked and started the conversation going, something he rarely ever does. Val's hand fiddled with the Whip's strap, a habit of his that he couldn't quite shake.

"A question I often ask myself." Exhaling, the blonde thought about all the various excuses he could provide to answer Val's question but rather than answer with something misleading, he opted for an honest answer. "Frankly, I think the peacefulness draws me to these floors. This lake in general has comforted me on more than one occasion. Times on the front lines can prove to challenging both mentally and physically. I think I had finally reached my limit, hence I'm here. Thinking." Turning to face Val, Oikawa felt oddly at ease. Most of the lower levels irritated him, and despite his earlier thoughts, company might not be the worst thing in the world. "What brings you to this part of floor one?"

Val smiled lightly at the man, happy that he feels at ease enough to talk to him about what is going on in his life. The question on why he was at the lake struck him and Val actually had to think for a moment. I came out here to relax, but why not just go on one fight? Am I really that scarred of fighting that I have to stay in safe zones in order to live? Wow, I do need to get out more. "I guess I am here because my level stops me from fighting and I need to fight to level up... but they kind of block each other. I'm just slowly trying to get used to this world, to make sure I have my feet planted in where I feel comfortable fighting. I mean, 16 years in one world and now this one, it has taken me a while to adjust, kind of depressing and wimpy I know.."

"Don't stress about it. The more you do, the more troublesome the action becomes. leveling up is something that certainly comes with time. While it does take longer if you have to get strong on your own; the fact that you can, is reason enough to do everything in your power to reach your goals. Don't let social interaction become the barrier between you and progress." Shifting his gaze to the stilled lake, the blonde began to remember the first time he, Calrex, and Teayre had stumbled across it. the memory was one of a simple, happier time. Sighing, he returned his attention to the blonde opposite himself. "So what will it be Val? How will you shape your future from here on out?"

"T-thank you, Oikawa, that actually does mean a lot." Val smiled warmly at the man. Just now met him and he already has given me some whole hearted advice.. wow. Val looked at the other blonde and heard his next question. "I-I... I guess I will get out more. I have met a few people but I am still keeping to myself so much. I am probably going to go questing next. I really need too. Hey, maybe some day You will see me on the front lines.... probably not but dreams do com true." Val smiled and sighed, looking at the horizon. That will be the start of it. At least I can get something done in my time here in this game... I wonder if I ever could get to the front lines... maybe...

The blonde shook his head in acknowledgement of the thanks. As Val explained his plans for the future, Oikawa couldn't help but grin as a light seemed to sparkle in his light blue eyes. Odd to say, but it seems we're more similar than I first thought. Albeit different in so many ways. If I had to put it in words...Though the caterpillar (Valen) and the butterfly (myself) are completely different, we are one in the same. A light-hearted grin spread as he turned to face Val once again. "You have admirable goals. Stick to them and never let them go. They're what will keep you alive and going inthis world. Just know that I and many others await you at the top." His grin then cracked into a full on smile, " and we won't let you surpass us so easily."

"You wont make it easy? Darn, I thought I could just walk to the top." Valen smiled and looked up, seeing the sun has moved slightly from where it just was. I wonder if I really can stick to my goals? It would be amazing if I could. If I do I need better equipment and a guild to join. Maybe when I hit like level 5 or 10 I could start looking for a guild, I would have an easier time at joining one the higher I am, probably 10 then. But first things first, a better whip.... I am going to have to search for a tailor.. Great. "I'm still in awe that I was able to meet you. People talk about you and the Azure Brigade and about how you guys are amazing. I've also met Zelrius and Celesmeth, and even Lowenthal. Seems to be a small world."

"With the right motivation and some skill, you could prance if you'd like," Oikawa joked as he began to stand. Looking out over the ripples of water, it seemed both blondes became lost in thought. The serenity acting as way of comfort for the heavy thoughts that weighed on their minds. The silence was unintentionally broken when Val confessed his happiness in meeting the blonde. Oikawa simply smiled and responded; "While I don't doubt Azure being chatted about among folks, I am surprised that I come up in conversation. I'm nothing spectacular in that respect. But to hear you've met the elusive Celes, as well as Zel without receiving an ego-induced, mental breakdown is surprising. Maybe Zel is getting soft on us haha. Despite that, I agree as vast as this virtual space is, the world is small all the same." 

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint
  • 3 months later...