[PP-F8] Finding a Familiar (Calrex, Zelrius)

Tristan settled that what he could do with right now is a familiar. It would help him grow stronger in the world of SAO and in general he felt like it could benefit everyone while he was tanking. Plus Flints had a familiar and he didn't, along with Celes having one so it seemed only to make sense to try and get one. "Okay, I'll get some people I know." he said to himself as he messaged Calrex and Zelrius to join him on the search. Calrex for one already had one, so it made sense to take with them for this.

It wasn't long after he had received Tristan's message that Calrex appeared on the eighth floor, looking around as he appeared in the settlement of Florenthia, "Alright, let's get moving."

Today seemed different from the many ones that had passed by. Unlike before, where he had masked his face by donning the Grand Chariot: Legacy, he was instead wearing the Grand Dragoon barebones heavy armor which fit over his clothing, his face exposed. The exhausted expression that seemed permanently plastered to his face for the past few weeks seemed to have gone, like he had actually gotten a decent amount of sleep recently.

Seeing the redhead come into view he gave a friendly wave as he completed his trek over, glancing upwards to make sure his blue peregrine falcon familiar still hovering overhead, "Hey Tristan, looking to get a small companion in your adventures?"

Tristan smiled when he saw Calrex arrive. He looked to be in better shape than he had been before, so whatever was plaguing Calrex had either gone or at least delayed. He waved back and responded with "Indeed, I decided to bite the bullet...or sword i guess...anyhow, I settled that I should get a familiar too. After all, it may be one of the only ways I will get myself stronger at some point with the slight edge it can give. I'm still not sure what I will find, but I'm interested to see. Besides, curiosity got the better of me of going for since people like you and my dear wife own one as well, so it seemed only a good idea.".

The blue-haired player gave a nod as Tristan explained his reasoning for going after a familiar, putting his hands in his jacket pockets, "Sounds good to me. Roc is certainly a helpful partner to have around, so I'm sure finding something that would suit you well can only be a benefit. Any idea what kind of creature you're going to be questing for and what enhancement?"

Aftering hearing the redhead's answer Calrex quickly scanned the area with his <<Reveal>> skill. Even though they were currently in a safe zone, it was better to be safe than sorry. Looking around he saw that there were no other acquaintances of the Invincible Warrior in the immediate vicinity which for some reason seemed out of place, "So, is there anyone else that will be joining us on this venture?"

Tristan thought about what Calrex said, noting the mans own Falcon they owned. "No, not really." he said a he thought on it. "I went to the forest here since I thought it would be abundant with creatures, but I'll see what there is when it comes. I think after all the Familiar chooses you rather than the other way around. I'm not sure on enhancement either. I've been thinking either the Accuracy one, so hit more and thus can incur more Hate with attacks. Or the Healer, but the Healer isn't arguably that good, so I'm not even sure. We'll see when it comes. As for people with us, I asked Zelrius if he wanted to come along, but I've yet to see if he will. He seems a busy man as of late, so I'm not sure on his attendance".

"Fair enough. I actually got lucky with Roc, as in the original flock he was a part of he was one of the highest 'ranked' members of it. There was a whole proving yourself worthy thing about it as well, but I'll spare you the details on that. As for the enhancement Accuracy could be a good one, as I haven't seen anyone else with a familiar take it up except for myself. Another could be the supposed trait that allows your familiar to temporarily paralyze an enemy in fear."

As he heard his teammate mention that the supposedly the head of the Azure Brigade was supposed to be joining them he gave a nod and smirk, "I can only guess. With a title like the Hero of Aincrad I'm sure he's getting more than his fair share of attention. With that powerful unique skill I would have thought he'd keep it under wraps when he's not in the floor raids. In any case, I hope he's able to make it. It's been a while since I last saw him, so it would be good to adventure with the both of you."

Tristan had considered getting the paralysing familiar, but it didn't seem like the best one to go for, since he did rather want enemies to hit him with how his build works. He scratched his chin gently in thought, deciding that he will either have to go for accuracy or healing. He was thrown out of his thoughts when they talked about Zelrius, to which Tristan nodded and said "Indeed, though he isn't really one to hide his power either. I think it bolsters his confidence to help him feel relevant in the game, since unless you are linked with someone strong in SAO, having poor stats makes you quite the nobody here. As for what we do to waste time, I don't mind honestly. Can be just material searching, or it can be killing monsters."

(GLORIOUS ENTRY)

Zelrius had finally read the message a few hundred more times as he laid down on his bed in his inn room, not moving much, and not wanting to either. It would appear Tristan had invited him along for a Familiar search, and the boy honestly wasn't up to seeing the married man at this time. A final read of the Message and Zelrius let out a breath of exhaustion. Though he had slept all day, and pretty much the entire last few days, only being awake for a few hours before locking himself away again, the golden haired Commandant was still tired nonetheless, just not physically. He slumped up from his bed, the weight of his shoulders seemingly getting heavier with each passing day, as well as the same weight on his mind. Things were taking their toll, and The Hero could feel it. Within moments, Zelrius swiped quickly through his inventory equipping all his useless and vane gear, along with all the useful bits too, Including going through the shared Inventory to borrow Ssendom's Prosperity Scales. Pulling his gloves firmly over his hands, he wandered over to the door, taking small heavy steps, dreading each moment of it. As soon as he reached out to open the door, He stood straight up, rubbed his eyes, and his lips slowly curved into that same old arrogance he was used to flaunting around. With that, he swung the door open as he exited, and closed as he pulled away from the Inn room in Taft.

On his way to the teleportation Gate, the golden haired Commandant could have sworn he saw the leader of the Velvet room going on a stroll with another figure beside him, though he was unsure if it was really Lowenthal. Ignoring that thought, Zelrius left to teleport to the Eighth floor, a seldom mentioned or visited one. Within moments of leaving the safe zone, Zelrius found himself surrounded by a small pack of monsters, of which he got rid of rather quickly, activating a Bloodrage crystal to make the task that much easier, before coming in range of two figures he remembered well and saw often. The Dark blue scheme that was the Heap'O'Health Calrex, and the Maroon scheme that was the Invincible warrior and fellow Commandant, Tristan Delaney. 

Once within earshot, he gave a final sigh before tuning his voice to mute the monotone, flat, and overall bored pitch he had when he was alone to the over-confident, self centered, and daring voice he waved around in public. "Salutations, you two. How goes the search?"

(I killed monsters, because Why not?)

ID 41104 BD 7 LD 12+3 Midas = 15+3 S&D = 18.

7+4 Fallen = 11+3 Crystal = 14+5 Charge = 19*11 Legion Destroyer = 209.
Col Increase: HPx12

Generic Monster Name |42 Mitigation|24 Damage| 165 HP DEAD

4 Materials

7920 Col.

Tristan smiled when he saw Zelrius enter, happy to see the guy actually out and about. He has been lately rather lonesome, keeping to himself and not really going out with the others, though as to why Zel seemed to change so much, he wasn't sure. Maybe this was how Zelrius was all along, but he never noticed before and thus never took note of it. Tristan mentally shrugged to himself and went back to focusing on the man at hand rather than his own thoughts, the bravado of the man walking in and destroying a legion of enemies with a casual swipe of his sword. Well, he supposed they were one of the strongest. It made him wonder what it would be like if there were more staff than just Kayaba, like GM's who could make themselves strong with gear and the like in Sword Art Online, and if they would have such power. Since Zelrius was strong not only in gear, but also in skill.
"Still looking for one of these actual wee beasties to appear actually. So far diddly-squat.".

Calrex gave a nod as he listened to Tristan speak about the head of the Azure Brigade. Even though Zelrius himself had instated the increasingly popular council system, to the bluenette the young blonde would always in the end be considered the top ranked member of the guild. He himself had recently become the second in command of the guild Teayre had founded recently, the Amethyst Descent, which was more of a family type of formation rather than a hierarchical or democratic system. "Yeah, that is true. To be honest if I had a skill like his I probably would wield it every second it was in my possession too. From a player and personal standpoint keeping something hidden doesn't really make sense unless it's game-breaking levels of power right?"

Their conversation seemed to be put on hold as he heard the destruction of a cluster of monsters from close-by. Turning to look he saw the topic of their talk making his way over. Compared to when he last saw Zelrius, it seemed he was back to his normal, or at least projected outwardly normal, personality, exuding the confident air that seemed to occasionally reflect in other members of the Azure Brigade, "Well he certainly seems in a better mood than at Tristan's wedding and reception. Of course I wouldn't suspect someone to change their mood that easily. I guess maybe this cocky face could be a cover for all I know. In any case I'm not going to focus on it."

"Hey Zel, long time no see. Yeah, right now we've had no luck finding something so far. Hopefully three pairs of eyes might do the trick."