[PP-F5] Trekking through the sand <The Traveler> (Ebony)

Greg had arrived on Floor 5 after taking the quest <The Traveler> to obtain the <Survival> extra skill. He figured the bonus health regeneration and immunity to environmental damage would be very helpful to have. He had recently bought a potion from the shop of his girlfriend/future wife, Shizuka, as preparation for this quest. He dressed lightly, only in a blue shirt and and blue pants. He knew how deserts got- they were absolutely boiling during the day, and absolutely freezing during the night. In addition, there were sandstorms to worry about. Before leaving the town, Greg took a look around to see if there was anyone else doing the quest that he could talk to so he wasn't bored out of his mind looking for that cargo.

Ebony wandered around on the fifth floor looking for someone to do the Traveler quest with. She had the healing skills already, but if the environment did damage she couldnt heal herself which could lead to problems. This would be the perfect quest for two healers. Sadly there were all that many supports in the game, so she would have to make do with whoever she could get. She made her way to the exit of the city, deciding that that was where anyone who was looking for a quest partner would head.

Greg looked around near the exit of the town. Surely people were going to do <The Traveler> at some point or another, weren't they? At that point, Greg caught sight of a player wandering around near the exit of the city. A black-haired girl who looked kinda familiar... had Greg seen her once before? He couldn't tell. Either way, this was a good opportunity to find a questing partner, he figured, even though it was a girl and thus he'd have to do even more explaining to Shizuka if she found out he'd been out questing with this girl he saw right here. Approaching, he made his presence known. "Hey. You doing <The Traveler> too?" he asked.

Ebony looked over to see another player approaching. To her relief he was doing the traveler as well. She didn't recognize him at all, but she was more than confident that she could take him if he tried to PK her. If he was looking for a companion on this quest she would gladly accept. He could just be curious though. "Actually, yes. If your looking for someone to join you, I'd be up for it. Im a healer, so any damage you take from the environment I can heal for you." She explained before reaching out a hand in greeting. "I'm Ebony, guildless for the moment if that matters to you."

Greg extends his own hand out upon hearing her introduction. "The name's Greg. Guild doesn't really matter to me- I'm also guildless." Greg says. He heard her give details about her skills. "A healer, huh? That's definitely going to be useful for this. I actually bought some potions for this quest but with you here I may not need to use 'em (though I may have to give them to you.) Greg quipped. "As for doing the quest with you, yeah, sure." he said, sending Ebony a party invite.

Ebony shook Greg's hand, smiling kindly. At least she wasnt the only player that was guildless. She didn't really want to join a guild anyway, but a lot of people judged others based on what guild they were in. "Yeah, you dont need to worry about your health. I've grand mastered first aid, so I have you more than covered." She paused to tap the accept button on his party invite. A couple of seconds later his status bar popped up underneath hers. She resumed speaking. "I have a lot of health, so I shouldnt have any problems. If I do though, ill gladly accept a potion. Anyways, what's the plan?" She asked.

"Generally speaking, it depends on whether you'd rather be freezing cold or boiling hot." Greg responded. "In short, we either search for it now, during the day, when it's host, and rest at night, when it's cold, or the other way around- rest during the day, search during the night." Greg says. "Then there's of course the wind and the sand. We should conserve our health potions until we can't take another wave of sand. That way, we let ourselves regenerate as much as possible." Greg says, relaying the plan to Ebony.

Ebony nodded. "Makes sense. I'd rather be walking in the cold than the heat, but that's just my preference. The sooner we go the sooner we get back." She pointed out, pulling up her HUD and unequipping her heavy armor. She didnt want to be walking in that, as she would probably burn to a cinder.  "Like I said, you probably wont need the potions, but that's a good point." This was quite literally the only quest she hadn't taken yet, and she wasnt quite sure why it had taken her so long to decide to do it. It was a pretty simple quest after all. All they needed to do was go into the desert and find some cargo.

"Well, let's get going, then." Greg said as he beckoned for Ebony to follow him into the desert. Immediately he could feel the heat. It was boiling out here! In order to distract himself, he tried to strike up conversation. "What level are you, by the way?" Greg asked. curiously. "I'm level 16." he revealled after he said this. This girl seemed trustworthy enough to not attempt to PK him... he hoped. He wouldn't want to die here and leave Shizuka all alone, after all.

ID: 41006

CD 3: No damage!

Thankfully, there wasn't a wave of sand coming along right now, so Greg could rest relatively easily.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Ebony smiled to the boy before following him out into the desert. She certainly didnt trust him, but she was high enough level to be safe if he tried to pk her. Plus, healers were a valuable commodity, so he'd be more likely to try to get her to help him, if he even was a pker. And there was no need to tell him her real level. It just wasnt something he needed to know yet. She sighed, frowning. "I'm only a level fourteen." Her expression became much more determined. "But im going to level up fast so I can help on the front lines."

ID# 41198 results:

Craft: 10 No Damage

Greg tried to keep himself occupied just by asking random questions while the two were searching. The next question he asked was "What weapon do you use?". Shortly afterwards, regardless of whether or not he got an answer, Greg would continue. "I personally use a One-Handed Straight Sword. I like the versatility it brings, and it doesn't sacrifice too much damage for it." Greg told her. "It also synergizes kinda well with my evasion-focused build." he continued. "And I'm with you on the whole 'levelling up fast to assist on the frontlines' thing. Only issue is I'm kinda struggling to find anyone to party up with at the moment..." Greg said, sighing afterwards.

Ebony frowned, her hand moving to her side to rest on the pommel of her dagger. What sort of question was that? "I use the dagger..." She said, hesitating a little. It had been on her belt, he must not have noticed it though. "Yeah, level twen- I mean fourteen just isnt enough. I have no problems finding parties to do quests with, as a healer. We're in high demand because we're so rare." She said, sticking her chin out proudly.

ID# 41200 results:

Craft: 12 No Damage

Greg noticed her slip of the tongue. 'So she's level twenty or so, eh? That's higher than I am. That's actually kinda comforting though.' Greg thought to himself. "I can imagine healers being in high demand- they're useful to have around due to the fact that they keep people alive- which, in a game that kills you when you die, is pretty much one of the most valuable skills ever." he said. Then a cheeky grin emerged on his face. "By the way, I noticed that slip of the tongue there. Not that I mind you being nearly ten levels higher than me (I assume you're level twenty-four, based on the level you chose to tell me), in fact it comforts me actually since it means your healing's gonna be more potent." Greg quipped.

ID: 41211

CD 1: 10 Damage!

Greg grunted as he felt burning sand hit him.

Greg: 54/64 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Ebony glanced over at him. He thought he was smart. "Yeah. I dont know about being one of the most valuable skills, but it's certainly useful." She replied before placing a finger on her chin in a cute manner. "I'm not a level twenty four. Usually people dont ask me my level, they ask about my best friend, Manta's, as she's a frontliner who's starting to get a reputation. She's level twenty nine now. Oh, right. She just got to thirty." She explained, continuing to walk.

ID# 41208 results:

Craft: 9 No Damage

"Right. You are around level twenty, though (hence the slip of the tongue)- but that doesn't really unnerve me, being that you're a healer. What unnerves me more than your level is your equipment- I don't know what enhancements they have if any so it could turn out to be something capable of destroying me. The last thing I need is to be paralyzed and bleeding at the same time. (The only way you could kill me that seems viable, seeing as you're a healer, meaning you're more likely focusing points into the First Aid skill rather than weapon skills and I have mitigation. I'm basing this judgement on what skills and equipment my girlfriend has.)."  Greg said, before taking a closer look. "Heavy Armor with a dagger, though? Unorthodox, that's for sure. Not questioning your methods, just curious." Greg wondered out loud.

ID: 41212

CD 3: No damage!

Greg saw his HP regenerate a bit after that last sand blast, and sighed in relief.

Greg: 57/64 HP. (+3 Regenerated)

Ebony frowned at him. "A healer is probably the least likely person to PK you, at least in the literal sense. And thats not just because our combat abilities are usually weak. It's because healers choose their profession for a reason, and that's usually to help people. If a healer wanted you dead they would lead you to a high ranking mob and forget to heal you." She explained. She was pretty sure that she could beat him in a fight though. Unless he had a bunch of evasion or something. "I dont know about unorthodox. Dagger wielders need to get in close. And it's not like it slows me down."

ID# 41233 results:

Craft: 1 (+3)=4 No healing

Ebony: 84/94 (-10)

"Oh, yeah. I forgot that this doesn't always apply real-world logic. I assumed that it would slow the wearer down." Greg said. "My build is basically hit hard, don't get hit. For this, I've got quite high damage and evasion. The mitigation I have is merely an afterthought (15 is pretty good for this point, though, when combined with my Evasion.)." He told her. "I mean, my armor-type that I use is Light Armor." he explained. "I don't plan on getting a Shield, though." He finished.

ID: 41276

CD 10: No damage.

No sand came flying at him this time, allowing Greg to regenerate his health a bit more through natural regeneration.

Greg: 60/64 HP. (3 Regenerated).

Edited by Greg Baxen

"Yeah. Heavy and light armor are really determined by the sort of enhancements that can be put on them." She explained before placing a hand on his arm and activating her first aid skill. His health bar refilled to full, and she removed her hand. "Yeah, shields are terrible if your going for an evasion build. It would cancel out all of your evasion. Its fine for me though, im going to be a sort of tank healer hybrid, just for my own protection."

ID# 41445 results:

Craft: 10+3=13 CD Heal Successful, no damage

Greg: 64/64 HP (+13 HP)

Greg sighed in relief as Ebony healed him. It was really late now and Greg hadn't been paying attention to time. He begun feeling cold, and thus equipped his <Coat of the Azure Wind>. "Thanks." He said, giving her a thumbs up, before continuing looking- 'Wait... is that...?' Greg thought to himself as he glimpsed something in the distance. Beckoning Ebony to follow, he begins to move towards what he saw... and lo and behold, it was the lost cargo! Greg grinned as the two found the lost Cargo. "There's our objective, dead ahead!" Greg said cheerfully, as he begun running towards the cargo.

ID: 41458

CD 10: No damage!

It seems that luck was on the pair's side as there were hardly any bursts of wind to blow sand at the two, and they had successfully located the Cargo.

Ebony frowned as a gust of sand knocked her forwards on her face, depleting her health gauge a bit. "Well, at least it's right there." She muttered as she got to her feet, glancing over at Greg. He seemed to be doing fine with his health. She sprinted forwards and knelt beside the box, picking it up carefully. "Well, now all we have to do is get it back and we're finally done in this forsaken wilderness."

ID# 41460 results:

Craft: 1 (-10 DMG)

Ebony: 77/94 (-10)