[PP-F11] A long walk on the beach, with Loreley

Lowenthal sat in thought, after what Loreley had said. It made sense, in a way. If she called herself something, and no one else said differently, then she had to be that. Lowenthal grinned, and leaned on the table. "Well met then Legendary Performer. Food's ready" He said leaning back, as Satonako emerged from the back carrying three plates at once. "Here ya go!" She said, eyeing Lowenthal. Lowenthal looked up at her fork in hand. "What?" Lowenthal questioned, only to be met with a tighter stare and silence. "What?" he asked again, with more sincerity in his voice. "Nothing." She said, before walking away. Lowenthal watched her as she left, and turned back to the table confused. "What's with her?" He said, under his breath. Before taking a bite of his food. As Lowenthal was distracted, Satonaka slowly opened the door, peeking out. Eyeing Loreley she gave a wink, and a 'go on' motion. 

Loreley had watched the waitress bring out their food, and took in the wonderful smell of it. She smiled and grabbed her fork and knife and watched as the waitress gave Lowenthal an odd stare. Loreley cocked her head, and was a bit confused herself at what might have been wrong. Granted, Loreley was never all that good with genuine social contact, so the woman's actions probably would've seemed normal to anyone else. As Satonaka left, Loreley began to cut her fish and was about to take a bite when she noticed the woman out of the corner of her eye, peeking and giving a wink. Loreley blinked at her, cocked her head again, and then turned back to Lowenthal, "I have no idea. But she's winking at me." And with that, Loreley actually took a bite of her food, chewing on it thoughtfully as she watched Lowenthal's reaction to that news.

Lowenthal leaned forward a bit, to make sure that he had heard her correctly. "Hmm, she's looking at you now?" Lowenthal asked, as he quickly spun his head around to see a blonde bob duck back into the kitchen. Lowenthal rolled his eyes, and went back to his meal. "I swear that woman sometimes." He said, using his fork to cut his fish. "Y'know, back when I was a loner, she'd bring girls with her all the time to try to get me to hook up with them." He said, using his fork to firther drive his point. "She thinks she knows what's good for me, and it's kind of annoying. But, sweet at the same time. At least shes caring, there's a few left in this world who do." Lowenthal said, returning to his meal.

Loreley continued to cut her fish, taking bites as Lowenthal talked about Satonaka's attempts. "It was polite of her to try, I suppose. But really, matters like that should always be left to the person. Not that anyone has ever tried to play matchmaker for me. Not that I've ever given anyone the chance." Loreley chewed her fish thoughtfully before taking another sip of her tea and then looking back to her plate. "Lowenthal.... you were an orange player, right? What... what drove you to... kill?" Despite Loreley's insistence at being cold hearted, she realized that the thought of actively murdering someone wasn't as easy a thought as she had considered. Loreley had no qualms about theft, lying, cheating, and anything else. But murder... murder was permanent. A person could replace a stolen item. They could forgive or forget someone's lies. They could recover from a cheater. But murder was a different beast entirely. But yet, this man had done it. Loreley looked up at Lowenthal, searching his eyes. She hoped she hadn't pried too deep, but he had mentioned it many times. Surely it wasn't a secret.

Lowenthal set his fork on the plate next to his half eaten meal. He licked his lips, and avoided eye contact. He didn't know how to respond. How does one say that they murdered a man in cold blood, on a date. Lowenthal tapped the table lightly. "Uhm, look." Lowenthal sighed as he started. "What drove me to kill? I don't know. Maybe you can help." Lowenthal said. "There was this man,who was threatening this child. This girl was no older than my, sister." Lowenthal said, looking up. "Anyway, I digress. Long story short, I killed him. In defense of a small child. And the worst part is, is that part of me enjoied it." Lowenthal said, pushing his meal aside. "And what do you mean, no one's played match maker with you. You're plenty beautiful." Lowenthal said, trying to change the subject desperately. He didn't want to dwell on the past.

Loreley stared at Lowenthal, thinking of his story about becoming an orange player. He hadn't really gone much into much detail, but his reasons for killing were certainly better than Loreley's ever would be. But what would Loreley's motives be? Right now, all she had was the thought of killing some unreachable players high up on a mountain.... for what? Because Lumiel wanted to? Did Loreley want to? What would Loreley be defending? Herself?

Loreley shook her head, trying to clear the thoughts as she stared at her half uneaten fish. "Well, it's good that you were able to redeem yourself." She could tell Lowenthal didn't want to talk about it, and a part of Loreley regretted actually asking. A blush crept across her cheeks as she was called beautiful. Stupid guy.... who does he think he is? She began to saw at her fish again, popping more fish into her mouth and chewing furiously. Finally she swallowed and looked at him, saying, "No, I never gave anyone the chance. Never was interested in that type of thing anyway."

Lowenthal smiled, pleased with the reaction he had gotten out of his date. He had noticed her blush come through her pale skin. He smiled, and went to return to his fish only to see that it was gone. Apparently he had eaten it all already in his nervousness about the whole, player killer business. He let out a small cough, and re adjusted himself in his seat. Well, now what? "Wait, what? You've never had a crush on anybody? No one at all?" Lowenthal asked. He had crushes sure, but that was normal teenager stuff. He even was convinced that some girl who didn't even knew he existed was his soulmate at one time. He shook his head gently. "Well, if you don't mind me asking. What type of thing are you into?" Lowenthal asked.

Loreley couldn't help but find herself turning even more red at Lowenthal's assumptions. She quickly scooped up more fish, hardly cutting it and probably looking rather silly, but anything to hide her sudden reaction to Lowenthal's words. Just who does he think he is? Never had a crush. I'm a 19 year old woman. Of course I've had crushes... She continued to eat furiously until before she knew it the remainder of her fish had been consumed. She looked up at Lowenthal, a bit surprised at what she had just done, but the blush had faded from her face. She pinned her gaze upon the man and said, "I've had crushes. I've...." had she though? Loreley was going to say she had been in relationships, fallen in love, and gone all the way. And while she had done that last bit, it was never out of love. Had she ever truly loved anyone? No. Loreley supposed she hadn't. She had always been too cold for that. She sighed and pushed her plate away, taking a sip of her iced tea. She answered his second question simply with, "I don't know what I'm into. Never took the time to care."

Lowenthal watched as the woman in front of him began to eat he meal, at a much faster rate. Mostly likely out of need to catch up to his appetite, and that she was thinking. "Never took the time to care, huh." Lowenthal repeated. He was more than just a little lost in thought. He let out a short cough. "SO, on that awkward. Uhm, note. Would you care for a dessert?" Lowenthal asked, knowing the evening was drawing to a close. It seemed as if they had only started a few moments ago. "If not, I can walk you home. That's, if you'd like." Lowenthal said, offering to close the evening out on something nice. But he just had think of the words.

Loreley was normally one for a good dessert, but the night had been going on and on, and a part of her, in her awkwardly close state to this man, wanted it to be over. She looked at Lowenthal and sighed, "Yes, walk me home. Wherever that is for tonight. I'll let you pick. I generally just go to an inn and call that home for a day." She drank more of her tea, not wishing to be wasteful of the beverage, and letting the turmoil inside her settle. She had many things to consider thanks to this odd man. What was Loreley interested in? What was she driven to do with her time in Aincrad, besides perform? Was murder truly her goal? Would she spend her time with someone here? She looked at Lowenthal as she thought of the last one, her eyes curiously looking him over, before she began shaking her head and frowning.

Slowly she slid herself from the booth they were in and straightened out her clothes. "Thank you for the dinner. It was as interesting talking to you as I had hoped it would be."

Edited by Loreley

Lowenthal nodded. Good idea to skip desert, the night was growing long and the sun was going to rise soon. Lowenthal met up with Satonaka, and paid for the meal. She waved at Lorely, as she dipped back into the kitchen. Lowenthal sat up from the table. "Oh. It was my pleasure." Lowenthal said, smiling. He lead Loreley out, and held the door open for her. "So, you live in your shop like I do or elsewhere?" Lowenthal asked, as they walked along the star light kissed roads of floor eleven. As they reached the teleporter, Lowe stopped. "I really enjoyed today. It was nice. And, if you don't mind." Lowe said, taking a small pause. "I'd like to do it again, sometime." He said, asking Loreley out for a second time.

Loreley had thanked Satonaka for the food, and given her a light wave back as they made their way out of the restaurant. As they walked along, Loreley answered his question with, "No, my 'shop', if you can call it that, is just a little stage. I didn't make a fancy place that doubles as a home like most crafters it seems. I'm happy with staying in inns." As they reached the Teleport Gate, Loreley stepped up onto it, not really lingering next to Lowenthal. It wasn't that she had wanted to get away from him. No, it was that she wanted to get closer to him, that scared Loreley. She looked the man over, as he admitted that he wished to see her again. "I had fun," she responded with, her face a mask, her not wishing to betray any further emotion than she already had to Lowenthal. "Message me sometime. If anything of interest comes up, I'll message you. Who knows? I might have need of your skills as a tailor. I'm sure we'll meet again soon."

And without giving him any further chance to respond, Loreley shouted, "Town of Beginnings!" and was engulfed in a blue sphere that whisked her away to the First Floor. As she arrived, she let out the breath that she didn't even realize that she had been holding, as she looked to the sky. Up to the floor where she knew Lowenthal was still standing at. Such a strange place, this new world. I wonder what'll happen next? Loreley asked herself, as she made her way to the nearest inn for some rest.

Lowenthal smiled and nodded as Loreley said that she had fun as well. Lowenthal couldn't help but smile. "You can bet that I'll keep you in mind. I'll catch you later than." Lowenthal said, turning to go home. He heard her say her destination, and the sound of the teleporter whisking her away. Lowenthal stopped walking, and puncjed the air in front of him. "Oh yeah!" He shouted in excitement. "Not a f*ck up! Yeah!" He said, said, jumping into the air slightly. Lowenthal ran back to his shop, where he began trying to find something to do for his new interest in life. 

Thread Complete
1SP and 200 Col to both Lowenthal and Loreley