[PP-F1] un-familiar faces (Takneil, Bell)

As he strolled through town, Bell couldn't help but notice everyone else. "Look at them." Bell sighed. They all had shiny new armor and swords, hanging out with their friends, socializing. "Why can't I seem to meet someone new?" Bell sat down at a bench in a public park area, near a tavern, where he could hear the jovial laughter and joy from the celebrating adventurers. "I haven't even fought a boar yet... I guess I'm just too nervous to do anything." As he left the bench, a tingle went down his spine. "Wait... if I never try, I'll never get anywhere!" Bell walked into the tavern with a new sense of courage. "Maybe It's time I met someone new!"

Edited by BellYoshida

Letting out an annoyed sigh the boy ran a hand through his mismatched hair, the white and black strands strewn about without order. Downing another drink he only wished he could have something with alcohol, pushing the glass aside he smiled as he looked down at his partner. Vain. Takneil was glad he had tamed the Albino familiar, though it couldn't talk to him he always could feel happiness when looking at his friend. Hoping that the Other had yet to stir, he turned to make his exit when he spotted a boy with pure white hair. Sticking out like a sore thumb, much like himself. Noticing the lack of anything beyond starter gear the boy took in a breath.

'Don't you dare' the voice hissed at him. "Too late" he muttered under his breath. Offering a smile he waved down the player. "Hey you!, come over here for a sec..."

"W-Who me?" Bell began to sweat a little. He quickly walked over to the person who called him, noticing the streaks of white in his almost all black hair. As he came closer he could see that the mystery-player had a familiar. "He must be a higher level. Maybe he wants to help me out..." An excited breath escaped Bell's lips as he realized that this was his first time meeting someone. He nervously, yet also excitedly, sat down in a chair next to this friendly adventurer. Bell bowed slightly. "I-I'm Bell, it's nice to meet you. Did you need something sir?"

'Sir?' raising an amused brow Takneil couldn't help but chuckle, from the looks of things it seemed as though they were of similar age maybe a year or so apart. Shaking his head he smiled as he set his eye on Bell. "No need for anything formal." He stated as he dismissed the bow. Looking over the Player's equipment once more he nodded, there have been Player's who had kept their starting gear and raised it to it's max potential before though from just looking at it he could see there was nothing special about them. 'you know you didn't start off that long ago yourself either, you think you should be wasting your time with this guy?' The Other asked coldly from the back of his mind. Ignoring the headache that was the other voice he offered his hand to the fellow Player. "I'm Takneil, though most people just end up calling me Tak. If you don't mind I have a few questions to ask you.

"Nice to meet you Takneil. And no I don't mind if you ask some questions." Bell tried to get comfortable in his chair. His face started to turn a little red. "I saw you eyeing my equipment... it's not much I know. I kinda haven't even fought a mob yet... I guess I'm just too nervous to get out into the fields if you know what I mean." Bell fiddled with his fingers, then as a waitress walked by, he ordered a drink. He tried to remain casual, and keep his composure, but talking to new people was just not his forte. "A-anyways, what did you want to ask me?"

"Hmm?, oh no I wasn't judging you" the boy frowned as he was left hanging, shrugging he turned away from the table in an attempt to refrain from spending too much of his Col. "Believe me, I'm the last one who would make a decision based on that alone." remembering when he had once been stuck on the first floor he sighed, it was a painful time for him. One that he needed help getting out of. Shaking his head he moved on from his own thoughts and placed a thoughtful hand on his chin. "well you already answered one of my questions, so your combat experience is zero." tapping his finger he took in a deep breath and looked to Bell. "Alright. What's do you prefer as a weapon?, and what type of armor do you feel most comfortable wearing?."

Bell could see a twinge of sadness on Takneil's face for a split second. 'I wonder if he has been in my situation before?' Bell drew some confidence just thing that he wasn't alone. "Well, my weapon of choice is a dagger, as I want to be able to quickly strike, and possibly be stealthy if I can." Bell shifted his weight in the chair. "I would prefer to wear light armor, for comfort, and for mobility. But that's just my opinion, I haven't actually been in a fight yet. I only have some experience from other games." Bell flinched as a nearby plate was dropped, and shattered a few tables over. 

'A dagger fighter huh?, just like Hiki.' Takneil was familiar on how Player's fought with the small weapons, though he himself had never used one...at least in game. Nodding his head he swiped open his menu, he was confident he could help Bell despite being a Curved sword and shield user himself. Sending a friend request over the sound of a plate shattering in the background he offered a polite smile. "Go ahead and accept that, once you do we can party up." standing from the table he payed what he owed to the shop. "I'm going to help you out" motioning for Bell to follow he stepped out into the street.

Bell blushed, then smiled. He wasn't sure what to think. He was just overjoyed by the kind actions of this new friend. He accepted the friend request with gratitude. "Wow, here i am, finally, after so long of being stuck with no friends and no way to level up, and here I am, with someone who wants to help me succeed." Bell thought. He stood up, following Takneil out of the restaurant. As they stepped out, he could feel a beautiful breeze across his face, and he could see the sun brighter even than just a few hours earlier. 

Noticing that the request had been accepted he began walking up the street, the market was a few blocks away so he had time to explain the best he could on the trip. "So before I get you into any sort of combat I'm going to replace your starting gear" he stated with a glance to the shoddy equipment, for a death game the creators should have at least started Players off with better stuff. "something most people don't know when they first start off is you can only have three pieces of equipment currently active." Swiping open his menu he went to equip <<Eternal Melody>> but he let his finger hover above the screen, halting in their walk he turned. "Brace yourself, it's going to get cold" he warned as he tapped the screens button. Releasing a wave of cold air to the immediate area the black as night armor swiftly suited itself around the boy, giving him a sinister appearance. "Don't worry about not having a full armor set, you can have that classified as one equipment though you will still have to abide by the rules and keep it limited to three enhancements." he explained. 

Unequipping the former Black Knight's armor he scratched the back of his head with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry bout the sudden cold, but an example is an example"

Edited by Takneil

Still slightly shocked by the armor that encased his body without warning, Bell tried his best to listen to every word Takneil had said, noting to himself the bit about the 3 pieces of equipment. He followed Takneil to the shop down the street. He had been there before, only, Bell had never had enough col to shop there, so actually getting something was going to be a new experience. "You really don't have to buy me anything... you're being so nice, I just wish I had something to pay you back with." But he didn't, which made him feel a little bit rude. He pushed that out of his mind and took the kind actions as they were.

Dismissing the boy's comment with a wave of his hand Takneil turned and began walking once more. "You're right, I don't have to. I want to." he stated with a chuckle. "Guess you could say I was in the same position you're in right now" noticing the lack of his Familiar he whistled sharply in order to call the Wolf. Vain would often forget to leave a place when his master did, especially when given attention. Not bothering to wait he swiped open his menu and produced a simple black pair of pants. "Don't worry about taking these, they were given to me as a gift but at the moment they're kind of taking up inventory space" he laughed as he held out the pants. "They look normal but they actually allow you to move faster when it comes to combat, it's gotten me out of dire situations believe or not"

- Evasive Feature

Spoiler

Evasive Feature

Item type : Leather Armor
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 Evasion
Shop:  The Lion's Den
Description: A black pair of pants easy to move in, making its user to be able to dodge attacks more easily.

Edited by Takneil

Bell reached out his hands graciously, and accepted the pants. "An evasion enhancement?" Bell smiled as Takneil called Vain. The white wolf definitely reminded Bell of himself, if for no other reason than that It had white fur and red eyes. The pair continued to walk deeper into the town. All the while, Bell took in the sights of the NPC's and players all around him. "Do you think it's possible that we could try fighting some mobs? I'd like to gain some battle experience." Bell asked with a curious grin. 

"Yeah, I was going to ask that after I bought you a weapon." looking to his own <<Stinger Edge>> he thought about what he would do about Bell's current situation, once he equips <<Evasive Feature>> he would gain Evasion but if he gets hit it's all over for him. Swiping open his menu he thought about his skill set up. If he had known he would be taking a low level player out to the fields he would have at least gotten himself <<Howl>>. if his quest would get verified he would have enough to learn it. Nodding he smiled. "Alright, so once we pick up your weapon we'll run over the basics." Feeling something bump into his leg Takneil glanced down at the ally, at least he had returned quicker than last time.

The though of getting a new weapon excited Bell beyond belief. He had always gotten excited just looking at the daggers in the shops around town. And now he was actually about to get a new one! "Alright, so once I'm set up with a new weapon, we can get started? Sounds good to me!" Bell smiled warmly as Vain trotted up to his master. Bell equipped <<Evasive Feature>>. The black leather pants were comfortable, and breathable, he already loved them. He and Takneil kept walking. With Bell's excitement, the trip seemed to take forever. But he kept his cool, and kept his eyes on the road, thinking of what was to come for him.

"so a few more things you should know is that you can only have five at ready items" he stated. Takneil had never actually used the slots yet, but it wasn't he didn't know how to it was just he never really felt the need to, yet. "Those slots are mainly used for Potions and Crystals, but you can also have certain items like food, trinkets, and even songs. You can also extend how many items you can hold with a skill and various items." Chuckling he glanced at Bell. "Another thing most players forget is that they can also put an equipment loadout in those slots, this is something I like to do." thinking for a moment he smirked. "Since you're a Dagger user you shouldn't have any problems with being adaptable, most players that use that as a weapon usually invest in Light Armor and Evasion. It allows you to maximize your potential to dodge an attack and lower incoming damage if an enemy manages to hit you."

Bell scratched the top of his head for a few seconds, as this was a lot for him to take in. He had a few questions for Takneil, regarding the equipment. "So basically what you're saying is, I can equip 5 items total, but only three of which I can have active at one time? So that would mean if I had an item in my inventory that wouldn't fit with my equipped items, I would have to switch them out, right?" Bell almost tripped on a crack in the road, regaining his balance as he kept walking alongside Takneil. 

Shaking his head Takneil frowned, it seemed he had explained a bit too much at once. "No, you can only have the three equipped items. So for example my current load out is my sword <<Stinger Edge>>, My armor <<Eternal melody>>, and my Shield <<Heavenly Arm>>.-" pausing as he noticed the boy stumble he extended out his arm for him to grab onto as support but smiled as he saw Bell regain his balance. "You see, you have five other slots for items like Potions and Crystals. think of it as a hotkey bar, these slots aren't meant for extra equipment but some Players use it that way." Sighing he tried to think of a better way to explain it. "alright, so you have three slots for your Equipment. Only three may be equipped at any one time. Now you have five slots for storing items you can quickly access in battle, anything else in your inventory cannot be accessed while in battle." Looking to Bell he took a deep breath. "Does that make sense now?

• 2 weeks later...

Bell took only a second to process the information as Takneil finished explaining the details of the function. "Ooohhh I get it now. That makes sense." Bell smiled and nodded, sticking his hands in his pockets as he kept pace with Takneil. The cool air of midwinter chilled Bell and shivered for a moment. Yet this was his favorite time of year. He breathed in deeply, inhaling as much of the crisp air as he could fit in his lungs. He slid his index and middle finger in a downwards motion, opening the purple pop up menu. He opened his inventory, to get a glimpse for himself at the "hotkey bar" as Tak had called it. Nodding in understanding, he dismissed the window with a swipe of his hand.

• 3 months later...

"It's really useful in combat, being able to carrying in the items." Swiping open his own menu Takneil revealed his own hotkey bar, another shield and sword placed next to each other while under them were three different types of potions. "a lot of players ignore a skill called <<Extended Weight Limit>> and it does exactly what it says it does, right now I personally haven't taken time to obtain it but most certainly is on my list.". Spotting the shop he nodded as he shut his menu. "I'll be right back out, you can enter if you want but this guy is kind of intimidating when you first meet him" he chuckled as he left the boy to his own choice to enter or stay.  

Edited by Takneil