[PP-F5] Legend of the Land Shark (Coddexx and Ssendom) <<Blood in the Sand>>

Wanting to do another high SP quest I decided to look through the quest list in the guidebook to see if there was a field boss that I could find and kill. From the two that I had gone through so far, The Wasp Queen and  Avalanche, I learned that they give a large amount of SP when killed. The only problem I had though was that all of the field bosses that I hadn't faced yet all were way out of my league. I mean I had a tough time facing the queen with two people and Avalanche was done on the coat-tail of Opal. There was no way that I could take on a field boss alone. I figured that when I was on floor five I could worry about finding someone to help out. I assumed that there would be people around there who would be up for adventure.

So I left the Inn I was staying at and found My way to the Pavilion in the town of beginnings. I walked onto the platform and called out "Floor Five". The bright rings of light encased me and I soon found myself in the hot desert climate of floor Five. I walked up to a large Job board and looked it over. I realized that there was a place on the board for players to put requests for people to join hunting parties to go out in the desert and farm mobs. I decided to post up a request for a higher level player to assist me in taking down the Sand Shark. 
              After posting the request I walked over and sat down on a bench waiting for Anyone to stop by the the board and see what I had put up.  

~~~Help Needed~~~
Lower level player in need of someone
who would like to assist me in taking down
the Sand Shark to complete the quest 'Blood in the Sand' 

I Know I may not be of much help killing the shark
but I am just in it for the skill points.
Feel free to keep all col 
acquired
 during the hunting trip.
I wish to be along for the ride in order to observe and
learn more during the trip. I am lvl 9 but don't plan to be
for long so this would be a great experience to get an idea 
of what it takes to be a higher lvl player and help
me be better in the future. If interested please meet 
me at the teleport pavilion here on floor five
Signed- Coddexx

Spoiler
<<Blood in the Sand>>
This Repeatable quest takes place on Floor 5

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 5. A small party reported having encountered a dangerous unknown enemy in the sand dunes of Floor 5. 'Swimming' through the sand, the shark like creature would attack by bursting out of the sand and biting with powerful jaws. This monster <<Sand Shark>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low leveled party, and dropped a powerful alchemical concoction.

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Requirement: 
<<Sand Shark>> must be defeated, Maximum Party Size of 3
At least two [2] Pages  (21 or more posts)

Rewards: 
  1. [sand Armor Potion] This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing damage mitigation/resistance by one point for one battle. (MIT +3)
  2. [3 Skill Points]

<<Sand Shark>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 125
Damage per Attack: 30

• Parties or Groups of low level players are encouraged.
  • You are free to control Sand Shark yourself, however he must be Rp'd responsibly.

Note:

While you may repeat this Quest as many times as you like, the 3 Skill Point reward will only be obtained on the first completion of the Quest. Repeat completions will only yield <<The Sand Armor>>

Good Luck Players!

Edited by Coddexx

For the life of him, Ssendom couldn't remember why he came back down to floor five again. He had cleared every single thing possible on the floor and the heat wasn't as comfortable as the fiery pits of the ninth floor. Never the less he was here and needed to find something to do, he found himself often helping low level players but he was starting to realize it had nothing to do with actually helping them it was simply just showing just how truly powerful he had officially come to be. Still clad in his full ebony armor, with a Black Hydra Skull resting upon his head, Stained Glass shoulder pads that made a shape of Dragon Heads each, and a massive curved sword rested in it's scabbard dangling from his back, the attention was on the Commandant's Pendant that dangling from his neck which garnered respect from many players who saw it knowing exactly what guild he was from without even having to see the symbol under his health bar.

He noticed a message pop up on his HUD, he pressed the blinking yellow button to learn it was a message for those in the area and not a personal message to Ssendom himself. He read over it and read that someone required assistance with the quest "Blood in the Sand" he remembered when he had first fought it with an extremely low level, but at that time he wasn't as insanely powerful as he had come to be now. He grinned and walked toward the Teleport Pavilion eager to see just how strong he had become over the roaming sand shark, he was intrigued and ready to fight.

Reaching the desired location, no one seemed to be approaching the assumed person who made the request since not many players who were traversing the fifth floor were strong enough to carry someone to deal with something as strong as the Sand Shark. He rotated his shoulder popping it, then walked forward with all of his Unique Equipment easily visible to the naked eye. As he approached the player, "Are you the one that is asking for assistance with a quest?" He asked towering almost an entire foot taller than the boy he was talking to.

Thrown off by the large figure in front of me I spaced out and didn't answer his question right away. It took quite a bit to process the player in front of me. I knew right away that this was a player I wanted on my side and would be very opposed to crossing blades with him.  Looking at his equipment my jaw had dropped slightly. The way that the sunlight gleamed off it made me feel uneasy but I longed for some armor like that. Even though I am not the heavy armor type his ebony armor was a beautiful piece of craftsmanship ame looked battle ready.

setting aside my mental babble I looked up at the tall figure and answered him with a tone of hesitance in my voice. " uhh.. Yes sir. I was wanting to do the quest Blood in the Sand however I can't do it myself. Would you be interested in going out in the desert with me to kill the Sand Shark?" taking a deep breath I waited uncomfortably for him to answer. I don't know why such a higher leveled player would be down here on floor five but this is definitely the person I need to do this quest.

It seemed as though the boy was overwhelmed by Dom's presence alone, let alone allbof the impressive regalia he had acquired during his travels. It took the boy a little bit before he could regain his composure and respond to him, "Well, I did approach you because you were asking for assistance against something you are in reality not actually ready for. And I for one and far over qualified for the boss, so I'll give you helping hand." He said in a very plain and bland tone. He shifted his body toward the exit of town and motioned for the boy to follow, "Well what is your name? It will be hard to protect you if I don't know what to say in the midst of combat." He asked in a very strange and kind of derrogatory way, but the tone of his voice discouraged the idea his words were meant to insult.

Getting up from where I was sitting, I followed him and soon became quite excited. this had gone better than I had expected. but he was right. I really am not prepared for this quest and I came to realize that I could run into a lot of trouble if I'm not careful. Returning my train of thought to his question I answered " My name is Coddexx" I could tell that his question hadn't meant to be an insult but it definitely was a wakup call for what we were going to do. Knowing that he really was going the one to be protecting. Me I decided to try to soften the air "What's your name? So what I need to call out if I get into danger." I said with a smile obviously trying to make a joke off of what he has said earlier. I looked up war him and waited for his answer curious about who he was and why he was so open to help me out.

He didn't turn his head to look at him, he instead looked up into the air and whistled. In the sky materialized a purple flaming phoenix whelp which descended and landed upon his shoulder, "The name is Ssendom, but you can call me Dom. You may have heard about me from the Information brokers how I was the first one to locate a Sub-Dungeon and what not." He shifted his shoulder that the fiery bird was on, "This here is Amethyst, one of the few maybe the only healing pet across all of Aincrad. He will be the one to make sure that you do not die, along side my damage output. It would be wise to become friends with him." He chuckled. Amethyst had a completely different attitude than Dom, the bird chirped happily and flew off his shoulder and onto Coddexx's. It seemed to be a very friendly familiar as it immediately rubbed it's face on his, at the same time demonstrating it's control over it's flames as the fires that naturally came off it did not burn or harm him.

"Merry Meet Dom" I said as the beautiful Phoenix landed on my shoulder and nudged me with his head. "Hello Amethyst you seem like a friend that would be good to have." I nudged the bird with my hand kindly and returned my attention to Dom. " So I figure you know where you are going but I was curious myself.  Where are we gonna find this Sand Shark?" I was really excited to see how this goes. Knowing how high of level Dom was made me very interested. If his skills reflected only half of what I expect from his equipment. Then I will be in for a huge learning experience, as well as a very entertaining time.

• 2 weeks later...

(I am so sorry, I was busy dealing with personal life. It got hectic for a momento.)

Ssendom turned his head so he could look at Codex through his peripheral vision, then he laughed "You don't find the Sand Sharks. They find you." He turned his head back to the path and laughed some more for a bit, "I am just kidding you, there is an area of large rock formation and that's their brooding grounds. Well since he have time to kill before reaching said location, tell me a bit about yourself Codex?" He openly asked since he was bored of it being rather quiet beside the sound of howling winds in the distance. Dom knew this was a rather simple excursion, walk up dominate the mob in a second then walk back to town. So he thought he might as well kill time by conversing with his current ally whom he was protecting.

Glad that his comment about the sand sharks finding you was a joke I felt a bit more comfortable around this player knowing that he had a sense of humor.  Thinking about his question and not wanting to bring up any memories of home I told him about myself leaving the details of home alone. "I am pretty new to these vrmmos.  It was pretty exciting and still pretty cool even though I'm stuck here.  I love adventure and this is amazing. I've always been a fan of mmo's and the fantasy genre" I unsheathed my blade and held it in front of me. " About my character here, I use a one handed curved sword and focus a lot on evasion and DPS. Also Im an alchemist." Realizing that I was rambling I stopped my babble. "How about you?"

Ssendom listened to the man or boy, he wasn't sure the age of the guy not that it truly mattered at all. He blinked and focused back on what the man was saying about him being a single handed curved sword user with a focus in evasion and DPS. The thing that really stuck out to Dom was the fact that Codex was an Alchemist, "Ah I am always in need of Crystals. If you reach Rank five in potion crafting I will be visiting your store for large purchases." He stated then cleared his throat, "Well, I am the Berserker... One of the few Unique skill users in all of Aincrad. Also one of the few players who are completely clad in full unique equipment. I am currently the strongest Two-Handed Fighter amongst all of Aincrad since I am the only Grandmaster of Two-Handed Straight Sword. Also I think I am the best Cook in Aincrad, but I might be wrong about that. Anything else you would like to know?" He blabbed and gloated before ending with a question for Codex.

Laughing a little from his response I listened interested in what he had to say. I had heard about his unique skill before and was impressed by his skill and his equipment. I knew that the man who stood beside me was one that I definatly wanted to add to the friends that I had. He not only was one of the most ornamented players I've came across but dispite his seeming arrogance he definatly knew what he was doing.  "I'd like that. I'll let you know when I rank up my alchemy skill again. I am rank four right now so I'm almost there. A few more days and I'll be able to get you a good supply of Crystal's headed your way. And about you being in the best cook in aincrad I would love to try your food maybe I could stop by your shop and try some later." Interested In what he cooks I said "What sort of food do you cook and what makes you the best?"

Codex seemed to praise Dom a bit, which caused him to chuckle then his ears perked when he heard Codex was a Rank four Alchemist, "Yeah I will need about 40 Perfect Healing Crystals. And I will pay a pretty dime to obtain them, you're talking to the greatest Col Farmer in all of Aincrad as well. Noone has ever done a venture that yielded more than twenty thousand Col... I have done two ventures of one hundred thousand col, the second yielding me over one hundred and eighty thousand. So I can definitely pay for it." He thought about the man's question when he asked what makes him the best, "Well no one grills meat like I do, I put good flavor with a vegetables that taste impeccable when charred correctly. Also I am a great Chocolatier and many people come from all over Aincrad to obtain my Chocolate Bars, they're a hot commodity it seems. I make them whenever I have the chance." He explains as they continue their jaunt through the sandy dunes of the 5th floor.

As we kept going through the sand a look of shock flashed across my face. "40 Perfect crystals!" I said trying but failing to keep my shock contained. "That definatly is a pretty penny. I will start on the order once I rank up but that will definatly take a while. Especially considering that it takes a lot of Mats to craft them. So do you think it's fair to charge a material for each potion? I'm trying to make fair prices but I do need to consider the fact that crystals take  two mats to craft instead of one" The description of Doms food started to make my mouth water. I could almost taste the meat and I was getting very hungry. I put my hands up in mock surrender "you win. That sounds absolutely delicious.  What floor is your shop on I need to get me a taste of what you can make."

Dom laughed at the boy who was stunned by Dom's insanely large order, he also knew that the order was going to be insanely hard to fulfill but at the same time give the boy a goal to strive for. He sighed after laughing, "Look you should always charge more materials and col for larger scale order. And you should double whatever it costs from there to have a crystal version of it. Simple." He cleared his throat, "Now about my order, how much will it cost me to get 40 Perfect Health Crystals?" He asked the boy with a genuine curiosity, then responded to his question, "My shop resides in the Player Killer home known as Phoenix Town, my shop is probably the only still standing building in the sector. Come visit sometimes, I'll give you special permissions to enter."

As I did the math in my head I realized how much money Dom was talking about giving me for the order and I felt a little light headed. That's more than ten times all the col to my name " Well for a Perfect item I usually charge 1500 col, so it would be 3000 for each crystal. So it would be a total of 120,000 col." Even though it'll take a while to get the order ready I still can't get over the fact that he is able to easily give me that.  Then I got what I thought was a pretty clever idea. "Since you seem to have plenty col to spare then would you be able to pay me 1/5 of the price up front so that I can get materials to help with the crafting as well asmake it go faster?" I began thinking to myself about what he had said about his shop and giving me special permission to enter. "Normally I would be opposed to going to a pker area but since you said for me to I can assume that it will be fine." Laughing to myself I added " Also if you're the one wanting me to be there I doubt anyone would want to cross you."

Ssendom laughed out loud at the prices he charge, "You're an expensive little bugger. I don't see many people charge more than twelve hundred for a perfect item, and you're wanting three thousand for a perfect? I paid 40,000 col for a set of 20. You're going to need to bring your price down a smidge if you want my business, especially if you want that 1/5 up front to do the order." He continued to laugh as he stated all the mathematics out loud, He remembered handing forty thousand to Piera for his set of perfect damage crystals which he figured would be a good time to bust one out. He took the seething red crystal and slammed it against his blade causing it to glow red for a second before returning to it's normal steel color. "And yeah, no one in Phoenix Town crosses me. You run into one of them and state that you're going to my shop, they'll back down real fast." He chuckled after having finished laughing.

My face turning red from getting caught by Dom with my prices I said "okay maybe that is a little expensive. But you did say double the price of it's a crystal. But I can understand that is way too high. The only problem is that I don't really know what to charge since I'm pretty new to this and don't have anything to compare it to." Thinking I said " see I don't want to make my prices too high but I also don't want them to be too low either. Right now I have 100 col or 1 mat for good 300 col or 3 mat for uncommon 500 col or 5 mat for rare and 1000 col or 7 mat for perfect.  What would you charge? And sorry about the astronomical price I'm just not sure what to charge. I thought 120000 was way too much myself." Hopefully Dom understood that I wasn't trying to scam him I just honestly had no clue what to charge  also I still haven't had a customer yet. 

As they reached the Rock formations Dom was talking about, Codex's low level immediately alerted the presence of the Sand Shark which headed directly at him to try and take the boy down. As the Shark leapt into the air to dive down upon him, Ssendom swiftly ripped his blade out of it's scabbard, slammed the blade into the mouth of the shark, and thoroughly split the entire beast into two pieces with a single strike. As the body reached Codex the entirety of the body became blue particles as it slowly continued to land onto him until the entire body was particles. He spun his insanely massive blade in his one hand before swiftly putting it back into it's scabbard, "Yeah, I would charge 200 or 1 Mat for a good, 500 or 2 mats for an uncommon, 800 or 3 mats for a rare, and 1200 or 4 mats for a perfect. Which is pretty standard." He explained as if nothing even happened and started the jaunt back towards the town knowing the boy would follow.

ID: 43090
BD: 5 + 2 = 7
LD: 10 + 1 = 11

Ssendom 185/185
Codex 44/44

Sand Shark -26/125 -156

Earning:
(125x12)1500 col, 1 Material

As the land shark emerged from the earth my heart began to beat at an unheard of speed.  I tried to evade it but it was heading straight at me and I was sure that I was toast. For a split second I wished I hadn't have came out here and thought I was going to check out of aincrad early. But just when I felt as if I was a goner Dom popped out of nowhere demolishing the shark. As his blade came in front of my face it cut through the beast as if it was but a fly and a wave of blue dust washed over me as I realized I was safe and my thought of wanting Dom as an ally were confirmed. The way that he acted as if nothing happened made me burst into a fit of laughter and I fell to my knees almost crying I was laughing so hard. I got myself together and stood up. "That was amazing and that thing scared me so much" taking a beath and returning to my normal self I said "those do sound like good prices. I'll set that to the ones I have. So I guess that means that I should charge you 96,000 for the 40 of the rule of double for crystals applied." I smiled appreciating he landed me a hand here. "That means you get a 24,000 col discout I think that's pretty good" I said laughing. " my prices were very high considering what you told me thanks"

Ssendom laughed a little bit as the boy dropped to his knees laughing and somewhat crying at the same time, "It was nothing but a pest flying through the air, waiting to get swatted by my blade nothing more, nothing less." His laugh quickly ended and abruptly at the exact same time when the boy said the total would be ninty six thousand col, Dom cleared his throat, "You'll sell it to me for eighty thousand flat, and I'll give you Ten thousand upfront." He said in an assertive tone, and with the demonstration that he just exacted upon the Sand Shark, he had a pretty good idea just how enforcing his words would truly be. He turned his entire body and stopped at the same time to give the boy Codex an assured look at the same time to add emphasis to it.