[PP-F1] Blacksmith's Apprentice <<Earning a Living>> (Macradon)

Bell was bored. What can you expect from a person who couldn't seem to even make a friend. Brainstorming ways to get himself out in the fields, he had realized that he need some better gear. If a boar had the same HP, and did more damage than him, then there was almost no way to beat even a simple mob like a boar. Bell needed col. He had heard of the <<Earning a Living>> quest, and decided that he would become an apprentice blacksmith. He sat up from the park bench he was laying on, and walked out into the middle of town. He strolled past several NPC run shops, until he found the weapon and armor store, run by an NPC blacksmith. He had heard that you must talk to him, and he will give you the quest. He pushed open the door, and stepped inside the shop.

Edited by BellYoshida

Macradon walked into the shop of his old teacher. He came to pick up some mats. As he entered the door another man around his age stood inside the shop already. "Oh hey, Macradon!" the NPC said to Macradon. "This kid here just entered, so you just wait over at the benches" it said. "Sure!" Macradon would agree and go sit waiting on the benches. "Hm ... I haven't seen him here before" Macradon thought for himself as he took a glance at the man. White hair, red eyes. They could've been brothers it was quite the coincidence. "So, my boy, what can I help you with?" the NPC would ask the man standing in front of him.

Bell put a hand on his hip. He was a little nervous, because he had never accepted a quest before. He took a look around the store, eyeing all the beautiful pieces of gear with a slightly jealous eye, then looking down at his own shoddy equipment. He wished he could make equipment like this. Bell noticed the other player walk into the shop, and he wondered if he was getting in the way of something. "I'm here to take the <<Earning a Living>> quest. To become a blacksmith. I guess that was obvious... anyway. What do I need to do?" Bell's face turned a little red. 'thanks captain obvious, he probably knows i'm here to be a blacksmith'

The NPC would giggle slightly then turn into a stern face again. "Boy, you'll get a notification soon which will tell you to accept or decline, accept of course. Hm ..." the NPC said while looking over at Macradon. "Macradon, mind helping the boy finish his quest?" he said. "Oh ... uhm, sure!" Macradon said and stood up from the bench. "Alright, boy. Macradon here will be your tutor for today because I'm a bit busy with crafting, he's a good man so don't be scared, he's also a very skilled blacksmith" the NPC said to the boy. Macradon walked up the the boy standing not so far away, he stretched out his arm for a hand shake. "I'm Macradon and I'll be your tutor for today, nice to meet you" he said and awaited response.

• 2 months later...

"H-Hi Macradon, I'm Bell. It's nice to meet you." He said with a smile, reaching his arm out and shaking the man's hand. A notification window popped up, and Bell hastily tapped 'Accept'. He smiled as he realized what that meant; soon he would be on his way to becoming a blacksmith, a profession which he always pursued in RPG's. He returned to reality and turned toward Macradon with an excited grin, awaiting further instruction. "Ready!" He said with a nervous enthusiasm. 

Macradon smiled and shook hands with the young boy. "Alright, first step of becoming a blacksmith is getting materials to work with" he said "Of course you can buy materials, but let's get our's ourselves so you can get a hang of that" he said and would begin to exit the shop, waving goodbye at the blacksmith NPC. As Macradon would make his exit from the shop and walk outside, he would look over his shoulder to make sure Bell was following him. "So, Bell. How do you want to get your materials?" he asked the young boy. There were countless ways of getting materials, trading, hunting, mining and so many more.

Bell followed Macradon out of the shop, careful not to trip as he stepped out of the door. He listened carefully as Macradon spoke, eager to get started with his tutoring. "Well... I think we should hunt for mats. I could use the experience." That last part of his sentence was mumbled, and he giggled a bit as he spoke. "Is that a good way to do it?" He asked with uncertainty. He had heard that most people mined for materials, but he wasn't sure if that was true or not. He was lagging a bit behind the man, so he jogged to catch up with him.

Macradon looked back to see Bell close the distance between the two, Macradon would adjust his speed accordingly and slow down slightly to match Bell's speed. "Hunting, eh?" he said with a grin "Yeah, hunting is effective if you have the capabilities" he said "What's your weapon of choice?" he would ask the younger boy. If the boy only had something like a hammer of a dagger he wasn't going too far if he wanted to get quick materials. If Bell didn't have any good AOE weapon Macradon would be able to give some aid and take some bigger and stronger mobs down for the materials for Bell to try out crafting. Macradon had his own shop with his own furnace, anvil and the like, so Bell only had to work for the materials for now.

Bell was relieved as Macradon slowed his pace to match his own. "A dagger..." Bell said sheepishly, realizing that hunting may not be the way to go. "W-we could go another route if that would be easier. Mining for them might be a good idea too." Bell perked up and looked around him, carefully dodging a crack in the road. "It's just a basic dagger too. Maybe hunting is not the best idea. I need some better gear..." The last part of the sentence he muttered under his breath. 

Macradon smiled and would put a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Don't worry, if you don't want to mine we can fix something up" he said. The dagger might not be the most appropriate weapon to farm out mobs with, but the two-handed straight sword was. "But if you wont mind going out and mining, we could probably find something out of that" Macradon said. Mining was an easy way of getting materials, for most that is. For people with THSS like Macradon, the quickest way of receiving materials were hunting. But since Macradon wanted to teach Bell to get his own materials instead of relying on AOE abilities, Macradon would show him some good mining areas.

Bell smiled and nodded as Macradon talked. He didn't really care how they obtained the materials, he was just eager to get started. Bell could see how mining would be a bit quicker than hunting, especially for a knife fighter like himself. If he could knock out the enemies quickly, hunting for mats would take forever, and he was becoming a bit eager to get started. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself and smiled, ready and willing to learn. "That sounds like a plan! Where do we need to go? I'm sure there's good mining spots around here aren't there?" He looked at Macradon curiously as he awaited an answer.

"Yeah, there is one I used to use before I became proficient with my sword" he said and would take his right hand and grab the handle of his big sword strapped on his back but would quickly let go again. The two of them were supposed to go to the old mining fields not too far from the get towards the fields. "If we head south from the entrance a rock field will appear, lots of ores can be mined there with the right equipment, but since I brought nothing, we can still look around for some" he said with a smile as they would get closer to the exit towards the fields.

"Ah okay." Bell let out a sigh as he trudged alongside Macradon, the midday sun in his eyes. He pulled a small metal canteen full of water out from his waistpouch and took a long sip, refreshing himself. Though the feeling was completely virtual, nothing but code and data, Bell was totally fine with it; it felt just as refreshing as in real life.He equipped his knife, flipping it around in his hand. "So once we get there, what comes next?" 

Macradon would look over his shoulder when talking to Bell. "First thing first, we will collect bits and stuff that looks like something we can use for your first craft" Macradon said as they would get out into the fields. He would begin to head south from their point and go towards the rocky road where they would be able to look for mats. "When we finish out little material hunt we can go back to my shop and get some crafting done" he said to Bell. With Macradon's equipment, Bell would have an easy time to craft some items, at least that was what Macradon hoped. After a few minutes of walking they would arrive at the rocky area with big lumps of rocks filled with minerals were scattered around and some chunks of the mined rocks would lay around on the field as well, though not all the debris was usable.