[PP-F13] Defending Basics (GrandMaster) (Ssendom)

Angel's Point-- Daeron had been away from so long. Months had passed and yet still there were many that were fighting to get out of this game. As Daeron tread his first steps on this floor, he took a look around him to see what there was to this floor. "So dead...", he whispered to himself as he saw dead trees and little to no life. The air felt thicker than normal but that could have been his breathing being too slow as he took interest in the floor.

Daeron saw in the distance a town... unlike anything else on this floor, he saw green grass on top of the hill of which it stood. "What's this?" He asked himself, tunnel visioning on the fixture his eyes tested upon. His armor was golden clad and his hair was a fine blonde, almost gold. Such an appearance made Daeron feel as if he stood out far too much for such a scene. For a while Daeron wishes he kept his Sunfire Cloak, a legacy item that belonged to Mari.

Thinking about Mari, he realized how foolish he was for having wasted his time over a girl. As for Lessa... he hadn't a clue where she was. Zelrius, Keith, Tristan, Clarence... All of these faces that he had left behind to be on his own. To leave without saying goodbye made him feel awful about himself. However, he knew that if he had gone to tell them he was leaving, they simply wouldn't allowed him to leave. 

ID: 41471 | MD: 3
ID: 41472 | MD: 1
ID: 41473 | BD: 2 + 3 + 1 Concentration = 6 Hit | LD: 15 + 1 = 16

Ssendom was still traversing the entirety of the thirteenth floor, while walking he noticed a man standing idly. He could see an Orange Marker above the man's head so indicating that the blonde headed man was in fact a player killer. Since Dom had his shop created in the heart of the Player Killer's village known as Phoenix Town, he had come to figure out that most player killers were such by chance and not by choice. Regardless of that he had no reason not to be alarmed since he had no personal squabble having never seen him before.

As he turned his head to see where he was walking he happened to walk straight into a group of four Corrupted Soldiers, sighing as he easily grabbed the blade of the first soldiers stopping their attack in it's track. He let go and ripped his Curved Greatsword out of it's socket, while doing so he by muscle memory flicked his finger down bringing up the menu HUD and withdrew a Bloodrage Crystal out of his battle ready section. Materializing in his hand he smashed it into his blade before he finished cleaving through the enemies immediately eviscerating them as the stood, and in one fluid motion kept the blade swinging until he could drop it upon his shoulder as was customary of him by this point in his travels.

He fixed his composure resuming his original walk of a battle-ready warrior, always ready for combat. He turned to look at the man in Golden Armor and decided why not, since he stuck out like a sore thumb since the entirety of the floor was a bleak dead brown and his armor glinted in the fog. As he walked up to the man he slowly slid his blade back into it's slow to show that he wasn't trying to come in an aggressive stature, "I take it this is the first time you've been on the upper floors?" He asked the Golden Warrior stopping just near him.

Corrupted Soldier 125/125 | 31 MIT | 39 DMG [156 - 31 = 125]

Earnings:

6000 Col | 4 Materials.

Caught up in admiring the floor itself, he didn't realize there was someone nearby fighting monsters. Granted, he was tanky enough to handle them, he wasn't so sure about the player. It's been a long time since he's had any form of contact with anyone, and to find someone on this upper floor had to mean they were strong enough to handle themselves. For a moment, after the male asked him if it was his first time, he stood there silently. Once he had gathered his thoughts, Daeron turned his attention towards him, "Uh, yeah. I've been away for a while, so I haven't seen this floor and the twelfth floor..." he explained. He saw the player had a calm and collected look to him with a lot of gear. In fact, he looked stronger than Daeron, so he knew that he probably shouldn't do anything to provoke him.

The main thing that caught Daeron's attention isn't the player himself, but the way he approached Daeron. Most players feared him as he had a player killer status, which they had a right to, in fact, most do because of the fact they know what he has done to get his status. "The name's Daeron... I used to be a front-liner, but with the way the game has been progressing I don't know if I have what it takes to be at that level anymore. You see, as the time of the game has passed, I left for a long time, to be alone, away from everyone else- but deep down, I knew that I was vital to be there for people." Daeron reached out his hand, in respect to shake the player's hand. Still slightly hesitant about making contact with anyone for months, he tried to remain collected as he needed to be to match his appearance.

(Sorry if I'm a little rusty... still getting into the swing of things when it comes to typing out situations... it'll improve over time)

The man who addressed himself as Daeron seemed to have a bit of difficulty interacting with someone in person, "Hmmm, he is a player killer. Though he doesn't have the demeanor of one, regardless let's keep him in a healthy state of mind." Dom thought to himself. Then the Golden Armored man began to talk about the past and how he used to be apart of the Front Lines. Ssendom slinked back onto his back leg crossing his arms as if he were getting comfortable just after shaking his hand respectfully, "Ah, if you used to be a Front Liner then you must be well acquainted with that youngin' Zel?" He stated in a questionable tone of voice wondering if there were some way to ease the conversational gap.

Since the man talked about his past glory, Dom thought it was fair to share in his glory as well. "The name is Ssendom, most just call me Dom. And it is a pleasure to be in the presence of a former Front Liner, I joined the Front Lines on the Floor Eleven Boss. The Forsaken Crusader, and atop of that it was also my first Floor Boss kill, so many tend to refer to me as The Slayer of the Forsaken Crusader." He gabbed for a moment before clearing his voice, "Though now people refer to me as The Berserker, since I possess the Unqiue Skill and am the owner of the weapon Gram." He finished. He then shifted his weight to his other leg, "You know you look far more capable than some who have fought amongst the Front Line already, I doubt you need much to get back into it." He stated as he was praising the man for his quality equipment.

Daeron nodded his head in a thanking motion for complimenting him on his gear and skill attire. "Zelrius huh? That kid still running around with the Azure Brigade?" Daeron didn't know how much Dom knew, but he did seem to know Zelrius, so obviously he must have heard at least something about the Azure Brigade, after all he used to be a commandent of the Azure Brigade, as well as one of the first 5 founders of the guild. "What all has changed within the front lines? Are the floor bosses tougher yet?" he asked, acting as if they hadn't been a problem in the past, but Daeron was sure that Dom knew what he meant. "Also, do you know anyone by the name of Lessa?" he asked, now sparking with questions. Lessa, a girl he had once cared for a lot, then just disappeared. It was when he still found interest in Mari, which left his thoughts over time.

So many people he once knew, he was curious if they were still in the front lines, if they died, or if they left. "My apologies, I should let you know, that my PK status... it was once an honest symbol of my acts. I used to kill those I deemed unnecessary to this world. It wasn't until several months later, once I overcame my insanity that I was able to become an honorable soldier to help those in need rather than helping myself by getting rid of pests. I was one of the first primary killers of this game, and unfortunately that has stained my reputation. If you are a PK hunter, feel free to challenge me, but do be warned, it might stain your reputation also. I've helped many, and still people fear me..." he explained, going off on yet another tangent. By the appearance of the player, he had no hostile feelings towards Daeron, but he also didn't know him very well yet, so all of that could change in the future.

It wasn't until Daeron began asking a slew of questions did it dawn onto him, the fact that he knew Zelrius still ran around with Azure Brigade it became quite clear, "You know, this is rather entertaining to say the least. I didn't think I would come in contact with one of the founder members of the guild I am currently a Commandant of and a very close friend of Zelrius as of now." He chuckled, Daeron started asking about Lessa and truth be told he didn't know much about the woman aside from the fact that she used to be the leader of the Guardians of Aincrad, "Honestly, Zelrius asked me to join her guild at one point the rescinded the question as he wanted me to stay Azure. This being before I was a Commandant, she is alive and well but has taken time away from the Front Lines and there have been no questions on the matter." He answered, wondering if it would quell the nerves of the man a slight bit.

Then the million dollar question that wasn't asked was answered, the reason Daeron was a player killer to begin with and his offer of combat. Ssendom cleared his throat, "I am no Maverick, and I personally understand why you did what you have done. Insanity drives people to do some unthinkable things, if not you then someone else. But I have no quarrel with you, I personally have a restaurant in the Player Killer Village known as Phoenix Town. You did what you did and that's that, if you come at me we can tango. But truth be told, I don't give a damn about most of these players. Itms survival of the fittest." He responded showing he had no aggression towards Daeron regardless of being a Player Killer or not, "Unless you want to duel for the sake of it. But I will warn you, I am the possesser of the Unique Skill: Berserker." He made sure to mention to his slowly becoming blonde golden armored friend.

Berserker. That word caught his attention now that he was fully involved in the conversation. "You say you have this unique skill, but what exactly... is it? I mean, based on the name, it means you deal more damage the more health you have lost is my first assumption, but then again, I could be wrong. Also, thanks for understanding, you took it better than a lot of first timers to meet me. And I'm glad Azure is still up and going strong. In fact, I plan on applying to rejoin the guild, hopefully Zel has no bitter feelings towards me for just... y'know? Leaving." Daeron looked about the area, Angel's Point was an interesting area, and the floor looked like it had a number of strong monsters. Daeron had heard of dungeons hidden throughout the game, in fact one of the rumors were about Dom himself.

"So not to come off as rude or anything, but you were the one who found the first dungeon huh? or sub-dungeon? I was actually going to start on this floor to see if I could find one by myself, but since you're here and you sound like you've got some damage on you, I'm willing to tank the dungeon if you can take the monsters out haha, I haven't got a clue as to how strong the monsters are actually, so I'd like to see without dying in the process. Plus then I'd get to see the berserker skill in action."

Ssendom nodded towards Daeron, "Indeed, I do have a Unique Skill. I am one of the only players in all of Aincrad that has the ability to regenerate health upon attack, as it is the perk of being the Berserker. I claim myself as the man who needs no support." After explaining his unique skill and making such a boisterous claim, he then whistled into the air causing a purple flaming phoenix whelp to descend from the sky and land upon his shoulder that he doesn't normally rest his Greatsword, "This is the only support I need, meet Amethyst, the only pet in Aincrad with healing capabilities. I thought you'd see more players utilizing a healing pet, but it seems to be very few and far between." He explained as he introduced his phoenix whelp.

"I can assure you, Zel will not have any harsh feelings towards you. He'd be glad to see a friend whom he hasn't seen in a long time." He answered. Daeron began explaining that he had heard rumors about Dom, "You are in fact correct, I am the first player to actually have discovered a Sub-Dungeon and complete one. The information brokers that released the information learned about them but never actually came in contact with one. So I guess that would make me out to be a living legend then?" He affirmed then laughed at another very boisterous claim. As his laughter calmed down he cleared his throat, "Well I was slowly getting tired of traversing the thirteenth floor alone, and I was hoping to come across a stronger Sub-Dungeon than the one I had came across earlier. Down to dominate some enemies?" He asked Daeron, eager to slay some enemies.

Daeron looked in awe, but with a blank expression, at the avian that flew down towards the two players. Daeron's orange eyes, looked fierce and determined. The thought of a Sub-Dungeon sounded intense, but a lot of fun. Daeron was truly hooked though as soon as Dom asked him if they wanted to decimate some mobs. Nodding his head in agreement, Daeron held his shield, "I'm down, lead the way since I have absolutely no clue where I'd need to go to find some." he said as he pointed his arm in a "lead the way" motion. For such a dead floor, it felt slightly alive, in fact, the green on top of the hill made him feel like it was a signal of hope.

(Have no clue how to continue this, so I'll let you lead the way)

Amethyst chirped happily towards Daeron, it immediately lifted off Ssendom's shoulder and landed on Daeron's right shoulder then proceeded to rub it's face on Daeron's. Even though it's body were always lit with flames, there was no burning sensation passed onto the Golden Armored man showing it's ability to control it's flame. "Sorry about Amethyst, she can be a bit of a touchy feely little bird." He jokingly said, the bird just chirped in an annoyed tone then returned to rubbing it's face on his.

Daeron suggested the Ssendom lead the way to find one of these sub-dungeons, "Well it isn't much the case of where to look. It's more so the luckily chance of running across one, I tend to just annihilate enemies while aimlessly traversing the entirety of the thirteenth floor." He stated as he had started walking in a direction away from the town. Dom kept his eyes peering about as he looked for enemies and hopefully the dungeon as well, "So what can you tell me of Azure Brigade when you were apart of it way back when?" He asked in a bland tone due to his mild interest while searching for enemies.

(You can spawn enemies whenever. I can one shot enemies with 125 HP.)

Daeron decided to take the lead with Amethyst on his shoulder, so this way in case anything came at them he'd eat the first hit as the tank. The thought of finding a dungeon really intrigued him, this would be his goal for the day. Daeron left footprints in the ground from his heavy armor. "Well when the guild first started it was Zelrius, Shanok, Clarence, Keith and I. When we came up with the idea, it was going to be a private guild, meaning nobody but is five in it, and to be fair, the five of is together were already stronger than any other guild. I used to be the commandant for Forges and Finances, until I screwed up... after that, I was forced to leave since Azure Brigade became a maverick Hunter group, meaning I was a target of Keith's, the current leader at the time. That's about all that I can remember."

Daeron began to think about his past, remembering everything but not making a huge deal of ask if this. Daeron hasn't been focused on where he was walking however, next thing he knew, there were four corrupted soldiers before them. His first monster since his reappearance. Daeron, drew his shield and weapon, clashing them against each other, Howling in the process to draw the aggro.

Daeron [176/176] [Hate: +4 (3 Howl, 1 Fighting Spirit)]

Ssendom [181/181] [Hate: 0]

Corrupted Soldier [160/160] | 40 DMG |  40 MIT

(OOC: Can you explain how their damage scales with crits again, and bear with me on the combat, first fight since I came back, also, how much energy do we have?)

Edited by Daeron

(OOC: Their crit increases damage by two. Depends on how you decide to factor it in as if they're doing sword arts and what not.)

He listened to Daeron speak about Azure's past and what not, was rather peeved that the man who started the guild decided to make it a Maverick guild, "If he wanted a Maverick guild he should have went and started a new one or left and became a Maverick. Just to out a Player Killer who happens to be a Founding Member, anyways it is safe to say that the guild is no longer that... We're just filthy elitists." He laughed when he made the comment at the end, then stopped abruptly, "I remember reading a stone plate that was called Aincrad's Hall of Fame talking about the strongest player, most feared and all that jazz. How much col did Zelrius have way back when that you remember?" He asked of his new acquaintance with a more peaking inquiry.

As the group of Skeletal Soldiers stepped up to fight them, Daeron used his Howl skill to garner the attention of the entire group. The entire group clammed their weapons into Daeron's armor but his health didn't even budge as his armor absorbed the entirety of the attack. Ssendom in return stepped forward and cleaved through the entire group of enemies chunking their health a massive amount.

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 10/34

Daeron 172/176 - (40 - 69 = 1 [minimum]) * 4 = 4 DMG
    Energy 29/29

Corrupted Soldier [44/160] | 40 DMG |  40 MIT - (156 - 40) 116 DMG
Corrupted Soldier [44/160] | 40 DMG |  40 MIT

As the attacks came towards Daeron, a group at the same exact time began to swing their weapons at the shield, he held up. Anxious to see if he could still take damage like he felt he could. After several seconds, all of the weapons came down towards Daeron, but luckily for him, he was strong enough to keep his shield held up so that he could block the attacks. When he saw his health bar, rather sturdy he wasn't concerned at all anymore about the damage output of these monsters. Daeron then figured it was time to counter attack. Daeron retaliated towards the first corrupted soldier, by swinging his own weapon, Ragnarok, at the foul, decayed body of the soldier.

[ID: 42048] [Battle: 4]

Unfortunately for Daeron, the Soldier was quick enough on the trigger to block the attack itself, therefore wasting his own attack, Dom was obviously ready to dish out more damage, which he had done an excellent job, attacking 4 targets at the same time and taking out almost three-quarters of their health with a single combo. Daeron however, wasn't there for damage output, and instead just stood there as a legitimate meat shield.

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 10/34

Daeron 172/176
    Energy 27/29

• 2 weeks later...

Dom needed a few minutes before he could exact enough damage to finish the entire group, he looked at his energy bar knowing exactly how much energy it took to finally end the lives of each of these Corrupted Soldiers. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he had destroyed thousands of these corrupted beings with a single blow. Though for some reason since he was traveling with Daeron their stats were boosted a slight bit. "Sorry to make you wait, my energy needs to recover a bit before I can take them out. Let's see just how tough your armor is?" He laughed.

ID: 42974 MD: 9 (All Crit)

The group of Corrupted Soldiers each smacked their weapons in a critical point in Daeron's Armor. But little did they know how heavily fortified his golden platemail was. Even though they had struck him where he was most vulnerable, his armor had such layers to absorb the entirety of the attack from the frail Soldiers.

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 11/34 +1

Daeron 168/176 42 - 69 = 1 * 4 = 4
    Energy 27/29

Daeron chuckled as he was told to endure the hits while Dom was recovering energy. Daeron had little damage output, but he still has some that could do something at least. Just kidding haha, Daeron simply was not built for damage and instead he decided to see if he could attract more aggro.

ID: 43019 BD: 5

Unfortunately, he couldn't increase his hate output, but to his luck Dom didn't attack again therefore he doesn't have higher hate than him, all he could do at this point was wait it out. "You don't think I'll go down that easy do you?"

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 11/34

Daeron 168/176
    Energy 26/29

Ssendom opened his battle ready menu and took out a single Steak Kabob, he grinned as he devoured it feeling his physical strength increase and exceed normal expectations. Once he had finished eating the food, he looked back up at Daeron, "Oh I had no worries whether or not you would die or anything. I was just letting you know so you weren't bored just taking a pointless spree of attacks while I sat and did diddly squat waiting for my energy to recovery enough. Give me just another moment while I let the food settle." He laughed as he said out loud due to how ridiculous it was to say.

ID: 43092 MD: 10

Again the Corrupted Soliders stuck into Daeron with critical success, but regardless the damage was still futile. Nothing the creatures could do was ever enough to harm the man in Golden Armor, there was no point in them even attacking him. But the system forced them to strike the man who could not be harmed.

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 12/34

Daeron 168/176
    Energy 26/29

Dom's Damage increased to 16 from 13. Dom's Evasion reduced from 0 to -3.

Daeron at this point shrugged off the monster's attacks as if someone were throwing marshmallows at him. Turning to Dom, he saw that he was literally taking a snack break in the middle of the fight. "I don't exactly know what you're doing, but we can have snacks AFTER we finish the fight." He said smiling with arrogance. Daeron held his shield up firmly, to assure that there were as few blind spots in his armor as possible. Although Daeron knew attacking was pointless, he had to try if he was going to collect any hate at all.

ID: 43101 BD: 6

Daeron had done so successfully but regardless, the enemy simply had too much mitigation for him to penetrate, therefore he only attracted more aggro. "Damn I need to build more damage." He said as the monsters simply would keep trying to break down his defense.

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 11/34

Daeron 168/176
    Energy 26/29

ID: 43102 MD: 5
ID: 43103 MD: 1
ID: 43104 MD: 7
ID: 43105 BD: 10 | LD 17 + 1 = 18 (160 * 12 = 1920 * 4 = 7680 col and 4 Materials)

Dom laughed when Daeron shouted at him for taking a break to eat some food, "Relax boy, I don't do anything without reason." With his damage improved even more so, he had enough strength to eviscerate the entirety of the Corrupted Soldiers with one last strike. He took his blade from his right hand and cleaved it across the entire group with his Fight Blade Sword Art. They all exploded into blue data particles and 4 messages of rewards popped up infront of Ssendom which he pressed the blue button on each of them, "I had already defeated all these things before, so I had to do some small mathematics in my head. I needed the food to defeat them. Shall we continue?" One of the soldiers happened to get a hit in before Ssendom finished them off.

HP List

Ssendom 181/181
    Energy 12/34

Daeron 167/176 -1
    Energy 26/29

Corrupted Soldier [-12/160] | 40 DMG |  40 MIT
Corrupted Soldier [-12/160] | 40 DMG |  40 MIT (96 - 40 = 56)

Earnings:

13680 col | 8 Materials