I'll probably keep this pretty active with questions and requests for advice while I get used to this system of RPing. As a precursor, I would love to thank those that will help me and answer my questions. I really appreciate it very much. :D

As a skrub to this forum I'm surprised by how little questions I have about the system. Kudos to Oske for the tutorial and how it is set up. Lengthy, but definitely did its job. I made it through the journal process and have posted in the Town of Beginnings forum for starting off. Now though, what do I do? It isn't so much I don't have direction, it's more that I want to make sure I don't go and screw myself over. xD  Combat is out of the question at the moment since a boar could one shot me and, since my character is anti-social, I can't really go looking for a party. O.o I don't feel like being 'Bob' from the combat example. However, I don't really want to do what the most recent beginner did (which was just aimlessly walked through fields and scavenged for materials). Summary: What's an okay way to start off in this world without getting myself killed?

^_^ THANKS!

Common RPG Scenario:  "So you walk into a Tavern..."

This is an OP (Open Party) thread that will draw in a few players, mostly those around your level or higher (Mostly higher in your case.)  You don't have to be socially intent for this thread, as you can just be getting a drink or food when others come along.

It's the easiest thread to make and uphold as every adventure starts with a visit to the local tavern... (Not really, but classic role-playing)

An OP is sometimes a scary thing to most new people as they don't know how to work it.  Most think that a proper posting order should be made in it, and anyone new would mess up the order.  That isn't how it works.  OP were created to give an open environment to meet people and possibly create new bonds for the characters.  You don't instantly know everyone..  In the case of "utter newb", we were all at your level at one point.  We all understand what it was like, and wish to help those that are just coming in.  Take these next couple of threads to get to know some of the people in SAO-RPG, as they will be your partners for the tougher areas of Aincrad.

Good Luck, and take care!