[PP-F1]A Velvet Oportunity (Coddexx and Jomei) Complete

Closing up my shop for the day I chose to look around a bit and just explore the town a bit.  I had been getting used to being here in aincrad but it wasn't all that I wanted yet. I knew that there was another thing that I longed for and that was a group of players that I could count on and work with.  I needed a guild. 

Sure I had adventured here and there with different players but after our quest or little meeting we seemed to have drifted away and haven't seen them for a while. I know that there were plenty of good guilds out there and I needed to find one for me. 

My legs took me to the teleport pavilion and I soon found myself standing in front of the guild listings.  There were a lot more than I expected however a Lot of them seemed as if they hadn't been active for a while. My eye was drawn to one called 'The Velvet Room' the list of rules seemed like a sound one and I liked the idea of the arcana system it sounds interesting. I thought to myself wondering which one I would fall under. 

After a bit of mental babble I finally got up the courage to tap on the signup form beneath the listing of The Velvet Room.  A form popped up in front of me and I filled it out. It was the basic information. My name my lvl and why I was interested In joining. After filling it out I pressed send and it sent out a message to the guild leader that I was interested in joining and wanted to meet. It made sense to stay here in the pavilion since it was the most trafficked area and whoever was going to come would come through the teleport gate.  

Mi sat down on a stone bench and leaned my back against the wall waiting for someone from the guild to possibly show up. 

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei's olive green eyes slowly opened to his dimly lit shop to the sound of a ping. His eyes adjusted to the main room in his shop, where he had been napping, and it focused on the small yellow message icon in the center of his vision. He sat up straight and stretched his arms into the air with a yawn. He brought his arms back down and rubbed his eye with one, tapping on the icon with his middle finger extended. The box opened to reveal a guild application form, forwarded to him by Lowenthal. His friend was asking if Jomei could be the one to meet with him and make the decision, which confused the man, but he did not deny his request. Looking over the original application, it seemed to be sent by someone named Coddexx. Raising to his feet, Jomei decided it would be best for him to go and meet the man. 

After warping down to the first floor, Jomei took a quick look around for Coddexx. Who was he kidding, he had no idea who this guy was or what he looked like. With a shrug of his shoulders, he walked over to the bulletin board where he had to have filled out the form. He leaned against one of the posts holding it up and crossed his arms, hoping the man would come to him. 

Eager I kept my eyes focused on the teleport platform. A surprising number of players came and go but few looked any higher lvl than I was so I dismissed them and assumed they weren't the one I was looking for. About twenty minuets passed when a strong looking figure clad in green materialized on the platform. He instantly drew my eye.  He looked quite experienced and seemed to be very high lvl. Unsure if he was the one sent from the guild to meet me I kept my eyes on him. He looked around the pavilion and I realized that he was the one when his path ended at the guild listing board.  

I walked up to meet him, took a deep breath and extended my arm to him once our eyes met. "Hey, I'm Coddexx. I may be going out on a limb here but I think I'm the one you may be looking for.  I was interested in joining The Velvet Room."  A smile came to my face from excitement but I tried to calm my nerves. 

Jomei scanned the area, his arms crossed about his chest. He wondered just who would be interested in joining The Velvet Room.. Especially since they were not a very large guild anymore. Despite, it made him happy to know they picked them out of the group of others. This could be a good start to rebuilding the guild and making it a force to reckon with. "Hm?" Jomei's gaze returned to his front where a young man, shorter than him, stood with his arm extended and a smile on his face. He first introduced himself as Coddexx, just the one Jomei was looking for. Before the man could finish speaking, Jomei's lips had already curved into a smirk That was easier than expected. "Just the lad I was looking for!" Jomei said, reaching out an arm and taking Coddexx's hand, shaking it. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Jomei. And yes, I am from The Velvet Room." 

Jomei's kindness made me comfortable and the majority of the nervous tension faded from my body. after shaking his hand and hearing that he was who I needed to talk to I felt much more confident in what I was doing I nodded my head to myself and said. "Okay so I was interested in joining the Velvet room but I wasn't sure about the process that I will need to go through. I can tell you though that I am quite strong of will and I think that I could help the guild and the guild can also help me to become a better player." I stepped back a little and said "So what do we need to do for the application process? Am I going to have to take a test or something of that kind? If so should we find somewhere else to talk?

Jomei crossed his arms and listened to Coddexx speak. Seems as though he had no idea what the process of joining a guild was like, but was quite interested in joining VR. He went on to say that he knew he was strong willed and could really help out the guild. Of course, he also added that he knew the guild would help him to be a better player as well. Jomei nodded as the boy spoke. "I see.." he said, bringing one of his hands up to his chin, scratching at the thin hairs with his pointer finger and thumb. Coddexx then asked what the process was like, and if he needed to take a test of some kind. It then hit Jomei that this was now up to him, not Lowenthal. He was going to judge this man and make the decision on whether or not he could join the guild. "Aye, I'll test you. Then I will see if you have what it takes. " He moved from the wall and gestured with his hand for Coddexx to follow him. 

As Jomei took in what I had to say I saw my words process in his mind and a very thoughtful look went across his face as he had a realization of some sort. Upon his saying that there will indeed be a test I felt a small knot forming in my stomach. I know that I should be able to pass whatever test he may have for me and prove I have what it takes but the small lining of doubt was the main focus in my mind. I really wanted to do the right thing and have Jomei's approval for me to join the guild but if I somehow messed this up I would have a great difficulty forgiving myself later on. Following him I took a deep breath and said. "Okay. Thank you for this opportunity. I will do my best to pass any test you wish to give me, and I hope that you can see my potential shine through" I then fell silent and followed Jomei to his destination. 

Jomei watched as Coddexx followed after him, and once he reached his position, continued walking forward. Jomei kept a slow pace, he was in no rush to get anywhere specific. From what Coddexx said, and the tone of his voice, he was very determined to get into The Velvet Room. Without turning his head to the man, he spoke. "So, what makes you want to join The Velvet Room?" He placed his hands into the pockets of his casual, green town clothes, his cloak flowing behind him as he walked. He turned his head slightly to eye Coddexx over his shoulder, "I mean, you have guilds like Azure Brigade, Amethyst Descent, and Dapper Rogues.. Azure being the top one in the game that, it seems, everyone wants to be a part of. Which brings me back to my first question.. Why The Velvet Room?" 

As I followed Jomei and thought about his question it sunk in. He had a point. Why did I want to join the Velvet Room? I said "I spent a lot of time looking through the current guild lists and it stood out to me a lot. See the Azure Brigade although the top guild is full of elites and the exclusiveness of the guild not only makes it difficult to join but is a big turn off for me. I mean they are good people and all but I wouldn't want to be a part of a guild that seems to be superior to everyone else.  Also the other guilds I looked at just seemed too similar to each other save the Dapper Rouges and I never have been one to be super stealthy." Realizing that I was trailing off I went back to his original question "With The Velvet Room  it seemed different. It was a guild that felt a lot like a big family and I liked the idea of the arcana system and having the opportunity to make something of yourself. Looking at the fact that there is a lot of potential for the members to grow in the guild as well as the guild grow as a whole."

Jomei turned his head to look at Coddexx as he spoke. He could not help but chuckle softly when he mentioned that Azure was a tough guild to get into, and all of the members were elitists. That definitely was true, despite the fact that he respected mostly everyone in the guild. It seemed he also thought the other ones he saw just did not stand out.. just a group of people wanting to put a name to their group, so to speak. He felt Velvet, on the other hand, seemed more like a close family.. not a lot of players to make up its numbers, but all close to each other, willing to help their friends and others who needed it. Jomei smirked and nodded as he spoke, agreeing with every word he said. "Good answer." he said with a light laugh. 

The two found themselves walking through the town square, many other players around him. Jomei remembered walking through this place many times, looking for potential members to get to join. Maybe Coddexx was the start of a new group of players who would be interested in joining without him running out to spread the word of their guild. "Well, you mentioned you had skills and ideas you could bring to the table.. What was it you had in mind that you would help Velvet Room out with?"

Liking the fact that he seemed to agree with what I had said I smiled. Looking around the town square I thought of an answer to his question. Not wanting to seem too forcefull I said "Well what I believe I bring skill wise is less than actually having skills that I could use since I'm under the impression that I am quite a bit lower level than most of the members. Despite my low level and not having much sp to have literal skills I believe that my personal skills would be a benigit for the guild. I like to think that I am strong willed as well as hard working. Additionally I  am not one to give up easily.  This persistence could be an asset to the guild. Also I am an alchemist so I could help out in the process of having potions for the guild." Thinking about the second part of his question I said "Idea wise i believe that with the guild we would be able to make a larger name for ourselves by hosting events similar to that of the holiday party that Azure had not to long ago. We could have find raisers of sorts in order to help gather resources for the guild coffers" running out of Ideas I added "and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but I am quite creative."

Jomei brought his hand up to his chin and listened to what Coddexx was saying yet again. His personality seemed pretty fit, being strong willed and hard working. Hopefully someone like him would stick around for awhile, be active in group activities. It didn't make Jomei very happy to know that a large number of members had gone AWOL from guild activities, as well as in their friends' lives. Coddexx seemed different thought, he had enthusiasm and a great personality to him. He then went on to talk about different ideas he had, about throwing guild events to make a bigger name for themselves. This made Jomei grin, making VR a big deal was one of his goals for the guild. To hear someone that shared his goal made him happy. "Another alchemist huh? Seems like we will be set for life." Jomei said with a laugh, "We have a couple of other alchemists.. both of which are actually top tier I believe. Not that having another one would not be helpful of course. And the creativity is definitely something we need, especially with setting up events. I myself tried that once.. Turned out pretty badly." Jomei rubbed the back of his neck, a pained look on his face remembering how badly that event turned out. "And of course, we hosted a Halloween Party this past season.. Went pretty well.. nothing on the same level as the parties Azure hosts.. but they were still fun." 

Laughing at his response from me telling him that I was an alchemist I felt a bit down from that since I was only now rank 5 but the feeling of being insignificant soon faded when he seemed happy to hear about my creativity. "I didn't know that you had a Halloween party? That would have been a lot of fun. That's my favorite holiday." Picturing the party in my mind I wish that I had been able to go. "Are there any other questions that you have? I'm an open book and just want to join the guild with you having an idea of who I am and what it is I want to do." 

"Aye. Was a lot of fun. Everyone there was in costume.. and with the help from some amazing potions made by the different alchemists here, they were able to add some pretty cool effects." Jomei nudged his elbow into the man's arm, since he said he was an alchemist. "If I remember, I'm pretty sure one woman showed up with flaming skulls flying around her, looking like she came straight out of hell." he laughed again at the site of the She-Devil Opal was dressed up as. Coddexx asked Jomei if he had any further questions, which struck Jomei. He had not thought this out very thoroughly.. and had no idea what to ask him. But he did not let it show in his face. After a brief moment of thinking, Jomei spoke up, "Pretty vague request..but why don't you tell me about yourself. I don't mean you on the outside world.. Like, what have you been through here in SAO? Anything you've been through that shaped you into the man you are today?"

Not realizing that potions were able to do things like that I was very interested and eager to try making something like that. "That sounds awesome I'll have to make something like that sometime" thinking about Jomei's question I thought about it for a bit and started my story. "Well I was pretty new to VR games but not mmo's. I started out just trying to get the hang of the mechanics of the game.  Me and my starter curved sword found ourselves right outside the town of beginings killing some boar and I wish I hadn't had been so reckless right from the get go. I had a super close call and barely made it out alive   After I was a lot smarter, okay maybe not but I got some advice from a few pages in the guidebook and decided to take on some quests. Actually Opal took me up to floor four and helped me kill Avalanche and. After leveling from the so I gained from that I set back to fighting boar and this time it was much safer. I grinned for a bit and then decided to become an alchemist. And doing a few quests along the way I made a few other friends. Oh and not too long ago Ssendom helped me out on floor five killing the sand shark in the blood in the sands quest. And I took on the worn out weapon quest and it felt very strange killing that dark elf. It was the first humanoid creature that I have killed here and I could never imagine ever being a PKer." Not wanting to talk his head off I ended my summary of events there. "Currently I have a rank one light armor skill along with a rank three one handed curved sword skill." Laughing at my slight word vomit I added "I may have left a little out but that is basically the extent of my time here so far."

Edited by Coddexx

"I think thats where we all started at some point." Jomei said with a light chuckle. "I spent.. hm... a couple months.. maybe even close to a year inside the walls of The Town of Beginnings..." The man's green eyes moved up to the blue sky as he placed his hands into his pockets, reminiscing on the past. "I thought that it would be safer to just stay away from the fights and drink the days away until the front liners cleared the game..."  He brought his gaze back down to Coddexx, "Then after a slightly exciting night, I realized that even inside of the walls we were not completely safe.. So I decided to go out and finally learn how to fight. Met a good friend that helped me out there and kept me alive.. Sadly he's not around now.. not dead.. just not around. But I always thank him for everything he had done to help me out back there.. and now, not even a year later, I'm out on the front lines.. helping to clear this game."  Jomei felt himself rambling on about his past, even though he had asked Coddexx about his past. "Hah, so you've met Ssendom and Opal? Two of my closest friends I have to say. Met anyone else by any chance?"

I got a little sad at the thought of Jomei's friend being gone but I understood how things like that went. "Well I am glad that you figured out how to fight, and being on the front lines is impressive." I thought it was interesting how the two higher leveled players I had met were close to him. "I can't think of any other high level players that I've met. I know Hikoru. We did Long live the Queen together. Other than Macradon at the blazing typhoon all the other players are real low level. 

Jomei nodded, "I don't think I recall meeting a Hiroku.. Macradon I have fought with before though. He is a good man." Jomei said with a smirk. He suddenly stopped walking, and after a moment, turned to look at Coddexx. He placed his hand on his chin and chuckled, looking the man in the eye. He figured he had been keeping him waiting long enough. "Well... I'm sure you've gotten bored with explaining your life story to me... You probably want to jump right into what you have to join us, eh lad?" He brought his hand down from his chin and brought his other arm up, crossing them at his chest. "So, are you ready?" 

Listening to him I agreed with him on Macradon being a good fighter. He definitely fit the type. As we stopped my mind was eager to know what he had in store. "I'm not that bored I like talking and the more we talk the more I learn but I would also like to see what it is you need me to do." I was very excited and curious what he wanted me to do. I was slightly nervous but that was to be expected.  I don't think he would make the test too difficult but who knows. I did just meet him. "Yes I'm ready" I said as I have Jomei my full undivided attention 

Jomei looked at the young man in front of him. The devotion he had, Jomei could see it in his eyes, let alone the words he spoke to him. The irishman could not help but smile at the new recruit that stood in front of him. Uncrossing his arms, Jomei extended one arm to Coddexx, his hand out for him to shake. "Welcome to The Velvet Room." Jomei said, his smile turning into a grin. He had honestly been testing Coddexx the whole time.. just wanting to know more about him and where he came from. "There was no real 'test'." he said with a chuckle, "The only test was pretty much just hearing what you had to say to me about everything.. and I can tell you're a damn good person, and will make an excellent addition to the guild. So welcome."