[SP-F4] "Slaying" all the way! (Complete)

It was the night before christmas, and all through Aincrad.  All the players were stirring for some holiday fad.  
Slaying monsters and stealing their flakes.  Not to mention some delicious cakes!
Hunting and playing to their hearts content, while trying not to have their bodies rent.

Looking around the area that had been known as the fourth floor, I found myself within the crystal cavern that I had known so well.   Today was the first day of the Snowflake event that I had volunteered for.  It would mostly be easy as it would entitle just slaying monsters until you couldn't any more.  With the amount of Crystal Fiends in the cavern, I would be able to gather quite a few by the end of the day.  Not only that, but I would be able to farm up a bunch of materials today, as well.  Thinking upon the hunt that was going to happen gave me goosebumps of anticipation.  

The thrill of the hunt will always entice a hunter!

Edited by Hirru

Unsheathing Solace, I would look onto the blade for the first time since I got it.  It was truly a normal sword that wanted nothing more than to be something more than what it was.  It wanted to become a blade of importance, but until then, it will serve its current master with honor.  At least, that's what I thought it would want.  A simple blade with enough sharpness to take out most mobs.  It would be very helpful in this place.

I would find a group of Crystal Fiends that seemed to be munching down on a material gathering spot.  They just loved gobbling up good material.  My blade would glow with intensity as I neared their aggro range.  They would attack, but my attack was faster.  In a flash, four of them were dead.  The last one would try to take a chunk out of me, but it wouldn't be able to catch me.

<<Crystal Fiend>>
HP: 32
ATK: 15
MIT: 8

Spoiler

[ID: 43154]
[BD: 8+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x7=42-8= 34 AOE
[MD: 5-1] Miss
[LD: 14+1] 32 x 5 = 160 Col

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 4/16 en] -12 en

[Crystal Fiend 1: -2/32] -34 hp (+1 Mat)
[Crystal Fiend 2: -2/32] -34 hp (+1 Mat)
[Crystal Fiend 3: -2/32] -34 hp (+1 Mat)
[Crystal Fiend 4: -2/32] -34 hp (+1 Mat)
[Crystal Fiend 5: 32/32]

Total Rewards:
4 Materials
640 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having performed one of my strongest attacks, I was pretty tired by this point.  It was rather pathetic, as I had only used a single Sword Art, and I was already about to faint from exhaustion.  As if that wasn't enough, I still had one more fiend to take care of.  I could take this turn to stun it, but with what little power I had, I would only be able to muster a low tier art.  I decided to take some time to regenerate my energy.  It wasn't too much to wait, as Fiends were mostly slow creatures anyway.

Is what I thought, but Solace would have something different for me.

I seemed to move into position upon a thought.  Solace would start to glow bright red before shooting out towards the Crystal Fiend.  It didn't stand a chance against the attack as Solace gained a critical hit against the monster.  It would shatter into pieces as I watched in amazement.

"Did.. I tell it to do that?"

I thought aloud as I stared at my 'normal' blade.

Hide contents

[ID: 43156]
[BD: 9] Crit 7+1=8
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x8=40-8=32 DMG
[MD: 2] Miss
[LD: 18+1=19] +1 Mat + 160 Col

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 0/16 en] (+1 EN / -5 EN)

[Crystal Fiend 5: 0/32] +1 Mat

Total Rewards:
6 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having expended all of my energy taking out that last fiend, I fell to my knees.  It was horrible to have such low energy deposits to use.  I needed to start leveling myself up again, as I've been the same level for quite some time.  Too many things going on, and not enough time to do them, I suppose.  I couldn't figure out what was worse: being too weak to do anything or being to busy to become stronger.  It was even funnier when you think about it.  A hunter was too busy to hunt.  Busy with what?  That was for himself, and himself only..

"That doesn't make sense, either.."

I mumbled as I looked upon the gathering point that the fiends were feasting on.  I decided that I might as well try to get something from it.  Unfortunately, nothing could be found.

[ID: 43161]
[LD: 10+1=11] Nothing

Total Rewards:
6 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having found nothing in the spot, I decided that it would be best to just sit here, and wait for it to either respawn, or until his energy regenerated.  Knowing that it took quite some time for materials to appear meant that the latter was the most possible.  Having thought that, I checked out the rewards that I gained from the last fight.  I appears that I was gaining a hefty surplus of material AND col today.  Added to that was the snowflakes gathered from the event!  I would be rolling in... whatever I was getting from doing all of this.  That made me realize something.

"Why am I doing this?"

After a few minutes of waiting, my energy should be getting full again.  I decided to get up and start searching for the next group of Fiends to take out.  Keeping Solace in hand, in case anything decided to jump me, I started scouring the vast caverns.  The one thing that I loved about this place was the natural lighting from the small pockets of holes in the ceiling, to the reflective crystals that gave light to the inner reaches.  As time passed, I would find a group, but my energy wasn't full yet, so I would wait until I heard that familiar ding.

Hearing that ding, I knew that my energy was full.  I started to round myself out to get a good run into the creatures.  A full AOE attack to get the majority while dealing with the last one would be easy.  I had done it before not too long ago, why not now?  A trip and a fall would tell me otherwise.  This was beginning to remind me of the avalanche fight, when I had to slide around the arena to even hit the boss.  Hopefully, it didn't have to come to that.  I wasn't in the mood to play games today.

That being said, none of the Fiends noticed, or even cared, probably.  They were too busy gorging themselves on that gathering spot.  He would have to try again to get anything out of it.

[ID: 43235]
[BD: 1] Miss
[MD: 2] Too busy eating to care

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 14/16 en] -2 EN

[Crystal Fiend 6: 32/32]
[Crystal Fiend 7: 32/32]
[Crystal Fiend 8: 32/32]
[Crystal Fiend 9: 32/32]
[Crystal Fiend 10: 32/32]

Total Rewards:
6 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Getting my footing right, I would do just as I would from the other group of fiends.  I proceeded to initiated the AOE sword art to take out the majority of the enemy.  I would be netting quite a farm from these guys.  As I continued through the combo, the last fiend would start its attack after seeing that its entire group was decimated by my attack.  At this point, I was surprised that it could attack me, let alone do some damage.  Though, that was rectified by Sorrow's ability.

"Farming these things now seems like nothing."

Hide contents

[ID: 43563]
[BD: 6+2=8] Hit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x7=42-8=34 AOE
[MD: 9] Hit 15+1-15=1 dmg
[CD: 10] Regen Active +9 hp

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 3/16 en] (+1 EN / -12 EN / -1 HP / +9 HP)

[Crystal Fiend 6: 0/32] + 1 Mat
[Crystal Fiend 7: 0/32] + 1 Mat
[Crystal Fiend 8: 0/32] + 1 Mat
[Crystal Fiend 9: 0/32] + 1 Mat

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

There was only one fiend left, but my energy was already nearly depleted.  I wouldn't be able to do much damage to it with their high mitigation, and I didn't want to waste my energy AND time to take it out.  I would just have to wait it out.  It couldn't do much damage against me either, so the wait would be quite fun to watch.  Though, fun was subjective against this situation.  The Crystal Fiend slammed its sharp crystalline arm into my own.  All of the damage was absorbed except for a single point of damage.  That was fine by me, but having to fight this thing in a survival setting.  I get why people keep going up the floors.

Hide contents

[ID: 43564]
[MD: 8] 15-15=0(1) dmg
[CD: 2] Nothing

[Hirru: 63/64 hp // 4/16 en] (+1 EN / -1 HP)

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

The fight with the Crystal Fiend was still a thing which was beginning to tire me rather quickly.  I wanted to take this thing out faster than this, but my body wouldn't be able to progress until I could level up.  That required destroying more boss monsters, but to do that would require materials and col.  Items that had enough power to be useful.  I required all of these to take out all that came in my way.  Especially when the main goal was to finally get out of this world.

The Fiend would miss me as I jumped back to avoid his attack.  Not that I needed to, as its flailing got it nowhere.

Spoiler

[ID: 43631]
[MD: 2-1=1] Miss

[Hirru: 63/64 hp // 5/16 en] (+1 EN)

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Jumping back, I avoided the rest of the attacks while trying to build up my energy for my next attack.  I couldn't afford to miss the next one.  The Crystal Fiend loomed closer towards me as I thought about my next action.  It slammed down with both of its arms, scattering several shards of ice in all directions.  I was hit by a few of them, but my armor was able to mitigate it.  Sorrow would also kick in to heal the damage taken from the battle as a whole.  Having all of my current gear made me quite capable for the upper floors, and I would have to keep climbing to level up faster.

Hide contents

[ID: 43735]
[MD: 9] 15+1-15=1 dmg
[CD: 7] Regen +9 hp

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 6/16 en] (+1 EN / +8 HP)

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

I wasn't gaining enough energy to complete my plans.  Having such low energy usage was kind of a pain, but that would only be remedied by actually killing the enemy.  Thankfully, the enemy this time was a brainless eating machine, and couldn't hit anything hard enough to try.  I wanted to take it out now, but I wanted to take it out in one hit.  I would just have to bide my time while avoiding major hits, or not.  Either way, I could easily take the Crystal Fiend's attacks without any problem.  Sometimes, I wish I could become stronger through hunting all of these guys, but that's never going to happen.

Hide contents

[ID: 43737]
[MD: 6-1=5] Miss

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 7/16 en] (+1 EN)

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having gained enough energy for myself, I decided that now would be the moment to take this creature out.  Solace would begin to glow a bright red as I assumed a proper position.  I would then be jettisoned forward with the blade soaring into the Crystal Fiend, which was preparing a mighty slam.  The two attacks collided and caused a great deal of damage to the fiend while wounding me.  That was fine, as I was healed by Sorrow when it happened, and was at full health yet again. 

Hide contents

[ID: 43738]
[BD: 5+2=7] Hit
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x7=35-8=27 dmg
[MD: 10] 15+2-15= 2 dmg
[CD: 10] Regen +9 hp

[Hirru: 64/64 hp // 3/16 en] (+1 EN / -5 EN / +7 hp)
[Crystal Fiend 10: 5/32] (-27 hp)

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having used my energy to cause a considerate amount of damage, I would have like to follow-up that with another attack.  Unfortunately, the fiend would start slamming the ground in a frenzy causing shrapnel to fly everywhere.  I was hit by many different sized ice shards causing a little bit of damage due to my armor mitigation.  Though, I wished that Sorrow would heal every point of damage that I took, that didn't matter to me much, anymore.  As long as I could kill this fiend soon.

Hide contents

[ID: 43740]
[MD: 9] 15+1-15= 1 dmg

[Hirru: 63/64 hp // 4/16 en] (+1 EN)
[Crystal Fiend 10: 5/32]

Total Rewards:
10 Materials
800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having had enough of this fiend, I positioned myself in a rough fashion with Solace across my left side.  The blade would glow red again, but this time, a quick two hit combo would hit the fiend.  The sound of the attack would ring out through out the cavern, as the creature finally died.  Happily, I gained a shard of the fiend for my own use.  With that done, I sat down next to the gathering spot that the fiends were eating from.  After some time, the spot should give some materials back.

Hide contents

[ID: 43741]
[BD: 3+2+1(Concentration)=6] Hit
[Sword Art: Snake Bite] 2x1x7=14-8= 6 dmg
[MD: 2-1=1] Miss

[Hirru: 63/64 hp // 3/16 en] (+1 EN / -2 EN)
[Crystal Fiend 10: 0/32] (-6 hp) +1 Mat

Total Rewards:
11 Materials
800 Col
(10 Mobs killed)

Edited by Hirru

"Ten down.."

I would say as I rested upon the icy cavern walls.  It was quite cold, but I wouldn't mind too much.  Something told me that the cold was my element, and I was quite comfortable here.  Looking into the col and materials gained, I had acquired quite the haul.  Hopefully, I would be able to continue this as I went along.  Pushing my menu aside, I would look upon the gathering spot to see if it would yield anything to me.  Knocking some ice away from the spot would allow me to gain another piece of crystal shards.

{ID: 43742}
{LD: 14+1=15} +1 Mat

Total Rewards:
12 Materials
800 Col
(10 Mobs killed)

Edited by Hirru

I picked myself up from that point, and decided to relocate to another area.  That way, I could give the area time to spawn more mobs and gathering spots.  Sheathing Solace and patting myself down, for any stray dust and crystal fragments, I began my trek through more twists and turns inside the caverns.  This place was known as a maze of sorts, and the deeper regions were known for their dark areas.  I tried to steer clear of those areas, as I did not want my vision affecting my battles too much.

As I passed by a material gathering spot, I would check to find another piece of ore to add to the collection.

{ID: 43743}
{LD: 20+1=21} +1 Mat

Total Rewards:
13 Materials
800 Col
(10 Mobs killed)

Edited by Hirru

Searching the underground gave me enough time to gain my energy back, but I had not found any more Fiends.  It was weird for this cavern, as one would usually find many of them around.  Especially since I had found one gathering spot quite vacant.  Hopefully, he was the only human in this cavern, or there would be problems.  That being said, some more information about this so-called "Forsaken Blood" would be great, too.  This cave was also the place that a dear friend died, and where I was faced with the members of that guild.

{ID: 43745}
{LD: 8+1=9} Nothing

Total Rewards:
13 Materials
800 Col
(10 Mobs killed)

Edited by Hirru

Finally, I would come up upon a smaller group of Crystal Fiends.  I decided to make sure that I was good while opening my menu.  The first thing I noticed, was that I leveled up at some point.  Must have been from that last crystal fiend, as I was too tired to care about anything.  Dismissing the menu, I turned my attention to the fiends.  Before any of them could react, I ran in with my AOE art ready.  The enemy was decimated by my attack as I performed a rather strong attack to end this for good.  Though, was that me, or Solace?  I couldn't tell anymore.

Spoiler

[ID: 43746]
[BD: 10] 7+2=9 Dmg
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x9=54-8=46 AOE
[LD: 17+1=18] 34x5= 170x4= 680 Col

[Hirru: 68/68 hp // 5/17 en] (-12 EN)

[Crystal Fiend 11: 0/34] +1 Mat
[Crystal Fiend 12: 0/34] +1 Mat
[Crystal Fiend 13: 0/34] +1 Mat
[Crystal Fiend 14: 0/34] +1 Mat

Total Rewards:
17 Materials
1480 Col
(14 Mobs killed)

Edited by Hirru

I decided that this should do for now.  Picking up what I could from the Crystal Fiend's remains, I would turn my attention to the gathering point that they were crowded around.  I would find () materials in it, but I had enough anyway.  Sheathing Solace, I would start my trek towards the entrance of the cave.  I needed to report to that elf..thing on the first floor to claim any of these creature kills for the event.  Other than that, I had gained a considerate amount of materials and col from this place.  I would visit this place more often, but I'd rather keep it to once in a great while.

..It's better to leave the silence as is.

{ID: 43751}
{LD: 4}

Total Rewards:
17 Materials
1480 Col
(14 Mobs killed)

Edited by Hirru