F7-PP- I Hope My Gear Doesn't Rust (Grave)

+1 Energy (3)

Beoreson watches the sliver-haired man's attack with awe. The wyvern explodes into slivers of crystals and then dissipates into nothing. "Well, I wasn't expecting that from you. Thank you, Grave. I would've been toast if you hadn't been here. Go ahead and pick up the mat,  you saved the day and all.", says the man as he looks over to the blankly starring man. Beoreson looks around for a moment and says to Grave, "I think we should look for a mine and let me regain a few hit points as well as some energy. Does that sound good to you?" The man scans the forested area ahead looking for any sort of mine-like structure and much to his surprise he sees one off in the distance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I snapped out of my trance when Beor began speaking to me. "Well, he made me angry. You will not like me when I am..." I had to think a bit before fully quoting a particular superhuman, "Upset." I finished, dodging a copyright bullet. I nodded at Beor's suggestion. "Right... let us just hope we avoid any more encounters with the firespitters." I said, still shaken from the battle. "Tell me when you find one and let us go." I concluded with a soft smirk, placing my hands behind my head.

HP: 44/56 (Stat change from update, and +6 Regen) NRG: 9/14 (+1)

+3 HP

+1 Energy (4)

Beoreson points to the small mine at the side of the mountain they just walked down. "We should head in there to mine and rest.", states the warrior. The two men arrive at the entrance of the mine in about five minutes. They are greeted with a typical mine entrance with a stack of torches on the side along with pickaxes lined up on left side wall. Beoreson walks over and grabs a torch and pick, he motions for Grave to do the same.  The man then walks into the mine with a normal stride. The man looks more at home inside the mine then outside in the open.

Edited by Beoreson
  • 1 month later...

I nodded at the mine that my companion had pointed out. "Well, I have no use for minerals and rocks, so mining may simply be left to you... unless we come across an Ore Crab. I hear the meat inside them is nice and hard, but highly rewarding after you break it." I mused, scratching my chin thoughtfully. I rather liked the thought of making an Ore Crab Kebab... "It is settled, our next goal is to find an Ore Crab." I concluded with a slap of my fist against my opposite palm. I followed Beor's lead and unhooked a torch and pickaxe from the wall, hauling the anchor-shaped tool over my shoulder and holding the torch high. "I think you may be a bit better in telling the difference between a rock and... not a rock." I chuckled, scanning the jagged walls around us.

HP: 50/56 NRG: 10/14

(Would you think poorly of me if I buffed myself up to my current level?)

(No, but you will have to tank most likely.)

ID# 51772 LD:14 (Nope, my luck song didn't work. Should have been a performer.)

The warrior nods to Grave, "I've never heard of an Ore Crab but I've killed plenty of goblins in mines like these. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for anything that looks like it might not be ore."  The warrior begins to sing a well known song about dwarfs that are digging a hole. To Beoreson's credit he was pretty good at singing the song. Sadly, the warrior doesn't find anything on the walls of the cave. The man thinks to himself, "Should have been looking up and down as well, I feel like I just barely pasted it."

(Oh no... I think I know what song he sang... Yogscast?)

I smiled before I cleared my throat. "Ore Crabs are basically as the name suggests; large crabs whose shells are disguised as ore in cavern. Well, in truth, their shell is actually encrusted in the shell." I explained, recalling nothing but third party info. "Apparently killing them drops their shell as a material for crafting. That would find more use in your hands." I told Beor, before noticing a glint off to my right. "Ah!" I exclaimed, turning towards it. I raised my pick and tapped the rock a few times. "Yep, that is ore alright." I mused, hefting the pick above my head and getting to work, sending the sharp tip crashing into the rock around the glinting material again and again until finally a chunk of silvery-black material dropped out. I kicked it across the floor to Beor. "There you go." I offered with a grin.

ID: 51839 LD: 15 = 1 Iron Ore (Given to Beoreson)

Cave Effects: -1 to ACC, LD of 6-10 will spawn an Ore Crab with 40 HP, 21 DMG and 16 MIT.

Edited by Grave

(Yes, you guessed correctly)

ID# 51979 LD:13

The man takes the chunk of ore with his off hand and places it into his inventory. "Thanks, I should probably be looking more carefully." With that he continues to sing his song but watching more closely for any sign of ore. "I most likely should have added some sort of searching charm to my load out." remarks the man as he looks at the barren gray walls of the mine. With a sigh the man comes to the conclusions that he most likely won't find anything, at least for a while as ore was pretty rare in this part of the cave systems.

(Heh... haven't listened to that in ages XD)

"Do not worry, I will scout out stuff for you." I assured Beor, before cocking my head. "You, uh... can keep on with your lucky mining song." I told him with a sheepish grin. Hopefully the little ditty brought some fortune upon us... I was honestly hoping for it in the form of an Ore Crab. I began walking again, the pick hooked back over my shoulder and the torch held high up, producing as a large a bubble of light as possible. Every so often I gave the cave wall a sharp tap, hoping I might be able to hit something metallic, but all I hit was rock. "How deep does this damn mine go?" I asked, trying to pierce the darkness with my eyes.

ID: 51984 LD: 11 = Nothin' but rock.

(What do you say we pit ourselves against some boss monster at the end of this?)

Edited by Grave
  • 3 weeks later...

(Sure, I'm aight with that.)

ID# 55022 Loot: 5 *And I wanted to stab something too.*

"Dunno, I've gone several days into these mines and they seem to never end. Either that or I'm Hopelessly incapable and  went in circles for three days.", says Beoreson as he looks around for some ore. Sadly there is only the gray walls of the caves to see as the two continue down the path. "Did you ever play those old school rpgs where you had to grind out all of the mats or you had to play an insane amount of gold?", asks the man off handedly. " I feel like we are in that kind of situation and someone came in before us and mined it all.", finishes Beoreson with a sigh. He removed his head wrap as he clearly thought there wasn't much danger here. The warrior stuffs the metal scarf in his pocket and continues on his way. The two men come to a branch in the path. " Want to split up and look for clues?", jokes the warrior.

Edited by Beoreson

I chuckled when Beor mentioned how he likely went in circles in the caverns. "Figures. Without you here, I think I would go in circles too... even if it were a nigh-impossible feat." I joked with a hearty laugh, my silver eyes still cutting through the shadows like a blade of light. "Oh, yes, of course I remember those. It... actually does feel like that. Seems like we drew the short straw coming here today." I agreed with a frown on my lips, groaning deeply. Beor suggested we split up when we came to a crossroads, and I nodded. "If I hear screams of agony, run the opposite way to you, right?" I joked in return, holding my fist out to Beor before descending into darkness.

ID: 55521 | LD: 2 = Nadda

Edited by Grave

ID# 55571 Loot: 7(Crab attack. I wonder if  Saitama would be so kind as to kill it for us)

Ore Crab; 40 HP, 21 DMG and 16 MIT

Beoreson: HP:68 Energy:17

Grave: HP:88 DMG:8 EVA:2

Beoreson nods to the silver haired man and takes the fork to the left. While walking along he notices that the wall begins to give way here and there in the wall between the two men leaving large columns between the two men. The warrior continues to scan the area looking for ore. “Objective sighted, moving in.”, states the warrior as he moves towards the copper vain. He takes his pickaxe and tries to hit the vain with it. To his surprise the ore moves out of the way of the axe. Beoreson quickly drops his pickaxe and draws his sword and prepares for an attack. "Hey, Grave watch out I got one over here.", warns Beoreson.

Edited by Beoreson

I whistled into the shadows as I searched for some ore for Beoreson, but quickly hit a rotten note when a male's call echoed through the cavern system and into my ears. "Well, it is not a blood curdling scream, so I guess I am free to come..." I mumbled as I spun on my heel and shot off, making my way back through the cave, hitting the crossroads and making a sharp turn, continuing down towards Beoreson, where I found him confronted by an enormous crab with a shell that glittered like metal from our torchlight. Impaling my torch forcefully into the cave wall, I ran towards the crustacean and placed my hands to my sides like needles, both glowing crimson and dotting crimson circles all over the monster's body. I struck him with incredible force, shattering various parts of his armour and stabbing him. "Screw you!" I shouted as a final strike pierced the crab's skull and shattered the monster into data. "Well... that was..." I began to say, before a terrible screech, somewhere between a howl and a jaguar's roar, pierced my ears. "Ahh, crap... sounds like we are in for a fight." I sighed, with a grin on my lips. From the sounds of it, the monster was further in, and likely in a wide open area. "Should have time to regenerate. Let us go!"

ID: 55688 | BD: 8 (6 + 2) | MD: 3 (5 - 2) 

Sword Art Used: Acupuncture - 8 x 4 x 2 - 16 = 48 DMG (8 NRG)

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 14/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Beoreson: 68/68 HP | 17/17 NRG | ???

Enemies
Ore Crab: -8/40 HP | D: 21 | M: 16

LD: 17 = +1 Ore Crab Meat

Edited by Grave

ID# 56520

LD:7

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 14/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Beoreson: 68/68 HP | 17/17 NRG | D:7| M:18| A:1| HvyM: 1|

Beoreson hears the horrid roar of the beast that is deeper into the caves. The two men see the cave open up into a much larger dome like structure. This room that was caved was clearly a staging area of some kind. Most likely to fight off whatever most lies in the dark ahead of the men.  There is a large wooden door with bands of iron blocking the men's path into the next area of the caverns. The black cloaked warrior takes the chance to swap out his torch before it burns out and puts his pick on one of the racks. The man  gives the room a quick once over again and deems that the room is clear of monsters and empty. "Aight, Ready to go.", says Beoreson.

Edited by Beoreson

I followed Beoreson in switching my torch and stowing my pick; it sounded like we would not be needing it in there. As he looked around the dome like room, I nodded. "Alright... three, two, one... and go." I counted down before pushing the door open, leading into a room all too similar to the one we had just been in; only this one was half a dome, with a flat wall at the other end. "Where are you, you bastard...?" I whispered into the shadows, my fists raised, before I shook wildly from another ferocious roar.

My eyes laid upon the large, snaking train of rocks against the wall, like a serpent made of boulders. Spiraling to a stop, the snake reared its head and roared once more, and I grimaced. "He does not look happy to see us..." I commented, watching it lower itself back to the floor and continue snaking again, as if waiting for us to strike. "Alright... let us back up. My energy is low, and I do not want to get caught with my pants down, so to speak." I warned, backing up towards the door.

(We shall wait, until my energy is restored before tackling this bastard; he's not gonna be a pleasant fight XD)

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 15/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Beoreson: 68/68 HP | 17/17 NRG | D: 7 | M: 18 | A: 1 | HvyM: 1

Enemies
Stone Serpent Head: 150/150 HP | D: 20 | Quick Wits: Avoids All AOE Attacks | Body Dependent: Upon losing all body pieces, MD always = 0.
Stone Serpent Body Piece x5: 50/50 HP | D: 10 | M: 15 | Head Dependent: Upon losing head, body pieces are destroyed.

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 15/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Stone Serpent Head: 150/150 HP | D: 20 | Quick Wits: Avoids All AOE Attacks | Body Dependent: Upon losing all body pieces, MD always = 0.
Stone Serpent Body Piece x5: 50/50 HP | D: 10 | M: 15 | Head Dependent: Upon losing head, body pieces are destroyed.

ID# 56949

LD:3

Upon seeing the horror that is the serpent the warrior nods and quickly backs out of the room. "Let us continue to look for anything useful in this room", says Beoreson as he walks around the area looking for anything. He doesn't find anything other then a few oil lamps that he lights giving the room a light glow. "At least there was something useful in here for us." The darkly cloaked man removes his face plate and looks over to Grave with a smile, "This is gonna be fun. There is a serpent of death waiting for us on the other side of the door.", states the warrior with a grin.

• 2 weeks later...

I adjusted my coat around my neck, allowing the rising heat to escape.  I had not fought a monster like this before... a creature much like those found in dungeons.  Although, from the slightly sluggish movements and rather weakened look, it was simply just a strengthened floor mob. But the way it slithered just creeped me out!

I was snapped out of my pitiful thoughts when Beoreson spoke up, the sound of apparel being removed following his speech. "Yeah, serpent of death alright... I guess you could say it is a stone cold killer?" I asked with a cheeky grin, coupled with a wink that stated my need to lighten the load I bore on my shoulders.

Grave: 16/22 NRG

Edited by Grave

"You remember that frost giant we fought a while ago?", asks the black cloaked man as he sits down and rests for a bit. "I imagine that this fight will be something like that but with hopefully less buffs to the mob." He pauses for a second then says, " All in all, though we will be fine. After all, your a little bit over leveled for this area and all. " He reclines a bit and hums a gentle tune to himself, it wasn't all that great sounding but he wasn't horribly off key. The black cloaked man seems to be at peace with what is behind the door as if the beast was merely a small boar.

I reminisced on the attack on the Frost Giant with the old Blades; I was glad I was not the only one to remember that occasion. Then again, I also did deal the finishing blow to the vampire at the end, so I do have some reason to remember it! "Yes, I do hope there are not so many buffs." I chuckled, sweeping a grey hand through my silver hair. "Well... yes, I guess I am over-leveled, and you also have that sweet mitigation. This should be an easy fight." I sighed, striding back towards the wooden door, watching my energy start to rapidly refill. "Alright, Mister Calm, let us tackle this thing and head out." I called, pushing the doors open and passing through. "You can take the first shot if you wish." I offered to the cloaked warrior.

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 22/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Enemies
Stone Serpent Head: 150/150 HP | D: 20 | Quick Wits: Avoids All AOE Attacks | Body Dependent: Upon losing all body pieces, MD always = 0.
Stone Serpent Body Piece x5: 50/50 HP | D: 10 | M: 15 | Head Dependent: Upon losing head, body pieces are destroyed.

Edited by Grave

ID# 58410 BD:2+1-1=2 (Miss) (I suddenly remember panda Beoreson)

Beoreson rushes through the door and charges forward with his sword drawn. Sadly he is quickly denied a chance to attack as a piece of debris managed to find it's way into his path. The warrior instantly has a flash back to way he has always been carrying an accuracy charm. Needles to say the warrior has gotten much better at recovering and the second he hit the ground he was almost instantly back up and running again. The man looked behind him and joked, "Well, I don't think that I can get the first hit, why don't you go ahead and take out a few chunks of the monster's side?"

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 22/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Beoreson: 68/68 HP | 15/17 NRG | D: 7 | M: 18 | A: 1 | HvyM: 1 (Triggered)

Enemies
Stone Serpent Head: 150/150 HP | D: 20 | Quick Wits: Avoids All AOE Attacks | Body Dependent: Upon losing all body pieces, MD always = 0.
Stone Serpent Body Piece x5: 50/50 HP | D: 10 | M: 15 | Head Dependent: Upon losing head, body pieces are destroyed.

I broke into a quiet laugh as Beor stumbled over a rogue piece of debris, needing to require from the momentary shock. "Alright, alright, I will take out the body, you whale away at the head, sound good?" I asked, running towards the beast, passing Beoreson and skidding to a stop beside the earthen serpent. Kicking off the ground, my right leg shone a brilliant white and lashed out at the snake, slicing a blade of light through four of his body pieces, reducing them almost to dust. After hitting the ground I stumbled backwards, holding my head to still my spinning world. "Whoah, woozy..." I moaned, barely staying on my feet; that Sword Art always took everything out of me. "You go ahead Beor... I need to stay back and regen a little..." I grumbled, backing up to the stone wall.

ID: 58515 | BD: 8 (6 + 2) | MD: 2 (4 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Tornado Kick - 8 x 1 x 6 = 48 - 15 = 33 DMG to Body Piece x4 (12 NRG)

Party
[H:1]Grave: 88/88 HP | 10/22 NRG | D: 8  | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
[H:0]Beoreson: 68/68 HP | 15/17 NRG | D: 7 | M: 18 | A: 1 | HvyM: 1 (Triggered)

Enemies
Stone Serpent Body Piece: 50/50 HP | M: 15 | Head Dependent: Upon losing head, body pieces are destroyed. (Realised there's no point in having damage for the body pieces XD)
Stone Serpent Body Piece x4: 17/50 HP | M: 15 | Head Dependent: Upon losing head, body pieces are destroyed.

Edited by Grave