[PP-F5] Amongst the Sand <The Traveler> Complete

Spoiler

<<The Traveler>>

This quest takes place on Floor 5
This quest is repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It's up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose 10 points of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <<Survival>> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The cargo must be found
- Repeat completions will not reward the player with additional skill points.

Rewards:

1. Survival: (Extra Skill) No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.
  2. 1 Skill Point
Parties or Groups are encouraged and all party members participating can earn the skill. Health recovery items recommended.

Recommended Level: 10

Wanting to get some more quests out of the way I made my way up to floor five and followed rumors of a quest called 'The Traveler'  I had found myself among the sandy floor and the sun beat down hot on my back. I found the location that the rumors told of. It was a small little shack on the edge of the town. I walked up to the door and knocked. It was soon answered by a woman who was wrapped in a thick cloak hiding her from the rays of the sun. I was slightly put off by her appearance. I had told her that I was interested in helping her and looking to do the quest that I came up here to do. She then replied by telling me that she was very sick and needed to have someone go into the desert and find some cargo that was lost there. She said that there were valuables that could help her pay for medicine. I accepted the quest and told her that I would find her cargo.  I left the shack and then made my way in the direction that she sent me. I knew that It wouldn't be a good idea to go out into the desert overnight alone. So I decided to PM a friend of mine to see if he would be interested in helping me with the quest. After sending Jomei the message I sat down by the teleport pavilion waiting for him to show.

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei's green eyes were fixed on the upsidedown cloth Velvet Room symbol pinned to the wall across the room from him. The man sat upsidedown  on his armchair, his hair hanging just above the floor, and his legs over the top of the chair, one hand laid across his stomach, while the other held a small vine of grapes that Adere, who was sitting on the arm of the chair, was munching on. Jomei's mind was fixed on the current situation, Lowenthal's moving to Azure and giving Jomei leadership of the guild. Jomei had no idea how to run a guild, let alone keep it from falling apart. The thought bounced around in his mind until he heard the ping of a message, and the corresponding icon appearing in front of his face. Pulling the top half of his body back onto the chair and spinning his legs around to sit normally, he tapped on the letter icon to open the message. It from from Velvet's newest member, Coddexx, asking he if would like to meet him on Floor Five to help with The Traveler quest. Jomei immediately replied and got up to leave his shop, throwing his cloak over his shoulders.

A few minutes later, Jomei warped onto Floor Five in the middle of Armadillo and easily found Coddexx. "Hey there, Coddexx. Need some company for that quest I presume?" 

I didn't have to wait very long until a familiar figure emerged from the teleport platform. Seeing Jomei I stood up from my spot and walked over to meet him. I was very glad that he was so ready to come and help me out, it was nice to know that I had a friend who could be there If I was in need. Curious if that was how this guild, and all guilds for that matter, worked I greeted Jomei with a smile and then answered him. " Yeah I would love that. I was hesitant to do this quest at first since the desert could be pretty dangerous but I have a healthy haul of health potions that will help out and I thought it safer to have someone along for the trip." I pulled out a couple potions to show him that I was set for the dangers of the desert and then put them away. " Have you done the quest before and have the survival skill, or do you need some potions yourself?"

"Yeah.. this desert is not a very fun place. Especially with that." Jomei pointed off in the distance, down the road that lead to the outskirts of Armadillo. From there, a large dust cloud could be soon, exactly where the quest would be leading them. Jomei turned to Coddexx when he asked if Jomei wanted any potions for the trip. He placed his hand up, refusing the offer. "Thank you, but I will be fine. I've already taken this quest, so the skill will keep me safe from the storm." Jomei chuckled, "I actually was kind of careless and took the quest on my own... Ended up passing out after a fight with a tough mob out there. Was lucky I woke up a couple of hours later." he turned back to Coddexx, "B-But again, I was careless.. No need to be worried." he rubbed the back of his head, hoping his story did not worry Coddexx any more than he already may have been. 

Looking in the direction of the storm that Jomei gestured toward I felt a bit nervous. "Yeah it doesn't look very fun over there." I said putting away my potions extremely helpful that I had them. I just hope that I had enough potions to get me out safely. "How did you end up passing out? That is pretty scary if you hadn't had been lucky that could've ended very poorly."  I took a deep breath and was glad that I was careful about my aproach on this quest. I started in my way down the path toward the dust clouds. "You ready to head that way? We better get ready to find this cargo."

"Right" Jomei said with a nod, following after Coddexx into the desert and head first into the sand storm. It was just as Jomei had remembered.. the wind whipping at his face and body, grains of sand pelting his face and scraping at his cheeks. However, this time, it did not bother him. He was very thankful for this <Survival> skill he got from doing just this quest. "Ah, I forgot you asked me about when I was last out here." he chuckled, "Well.. I was trekking through the storm on my own, slowly making my way down a tall sand dune, when I heard the sound of shifting sand and stone at the top of the dune above me. Looking back up.. I saw a large creature, about the size of a lion standing there, ready to pounce. It was some sort of Sphinx monster, and it gave me quite a run. I managed to take it out, but the fight cost me a lot of my health and all of my energy. So I passed out from exhaustion." 

Listening to his story I was in awe of how he could have collapsed from exhaustion here in the desert. That would've been very bad and quite dangerous. As we made our way into the sandstorm I felt the sand pelt the side of my face and hit me hard. Yet it didn't seem to bother me that much so I simply kept walking through the sand and storm. Looking over at Jomei and gestured in the direction to my left letting him know that was the direction that we should head. I figured that I should keep focused on the task at hand. Jomei didn't even seem phased by the storm though. it made me feel longing for the survival skill as I brought my hands up to my burning cheeks. "So How are you feeling about the new leadership role that is a lot of pressure on one pair of shoulders"

Spoiler

#44236 CD:12

Edited by Coddexx

"Well.. I haven't had the chance to do much yet." Jomei replied to Coddexx's comment about his new role as the leader of The Velvet Room. "I mean.. it doesn't even feel real to be honest.. but I know I should be fine.. I have a good group of people behind me that'll keep the guild together." Jomei turned his head and smirked at Coddexx. "We were never really a big group... I think the founding members were about four or five of us.. we used to even run with a council rather than a leader.. But it was not as efficient as you would think. Eventually people starting leaving or not taking part in the votes.. It was hard to come to a decision. I still wish some of those guys were still around.. especially Piera. Shes ranked as one of the High Priestesses, before Zandra was bumped up to the position. She would help Lowenthal with meetings with other guilds while I helped with the combat and boss meeting aspects." He placed his hand on his chin, "Speaking of which.. I do need to look into a new position for The Magician.."

As we deepened our journey into the sands trying to find these cargo boxes Jomei  mentioned needing to look for a new position for The Magician. My gut tensed up as I assumed he meant me. "Are you talking about what I think you are? I just joined the guild and you're wanting to give me a leadership rank and my own arcana?" I thought about it and I was honored that would be an amazing thing for me to do I was wanting to be a part of a guild, and to be giving me the opportunity of helping lead a guild was something I would never have imagined. " I would love to be and that would be an honor, if that is what you are thinking" 
ID#44250 CD:10

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei chuckled when he heard the tension in Coddexx's voice. He shifted his stride to walk slightly closer to him, patting his hand on his shoulder, "Easy lad. Merely making conversation. I'm looking to get comfortable in this position and get some more members before I make any big decisions like that." He took a couple steps away from Coddexx, bringing his arms up to his neck and pulling the hood of his cloak over his head. He then turned back to his guild mate, "Glad to know you're interested though" he ended with a laugh. Jomei suddenly coughed when he caught a mouthful of sand. "Blegh.. guess that was karma." he chuckled. 

Thankfully the sand  that was blowing hard against my face had already made it appear flush  if it hadn't then Jomei would have noticed how red with embarrassment my face was turning. I guess I had gotten my hopes up. It was crazy to assume that Jomei would be wanting to give me such a position without being in the guild that long. Trying to calm down and change the conversation I said "Karma can be a ditch" I said laughing "sorry about jumping the gun on that. I can be pretty reckless. And make assumptions. Either way I am interested just keep it in mind. Do you know where the cargo should be? I was looking deep through the sand but couldn't see the cargo crate. The sand was blinding but thankfully I wasn't taking any environmental damage  

ID#44270 CD:12

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei nodded his head happily, "Don't worry.. I'll keep it in mind." he said, tapping himself on the side of his head with his pointer and middle fingers. Jomei felt a large gust of wind blow past him, causing his hood to fly off of his head. He placed his arm in front of his face to block any sand from getting into his mouth and eyes, he then used his other hand to pull his hood back up. Even with the survival skill, this storm was no fun to travel in. "I couldn't tell you.. to be honest." Jomei said in a glum tone. "Not only is it almost impossible to keep track of where you're going.. but finding this cargo can be a bit tough. As long as we keep this direction we should be fine though." 

Nodding my head appreciating that he would keep it in mind I contemplated what Jomei had said. It seemed very disorienting to try and even walk in a straight line but I kept focus on what it was I needed to do. I knew that the cargo shouldn't be too far away and I wanted to get there before night fell. If we didn't make it in time we would have to stay the night in this storm. The idea of spending the night with Jomei wasn't what bothered me. He seemed like a nice guy and we could grow to be friends. What worried me was that I would. Be buried in the sand and disappear.  Could you suffocate in this game? That question passed through my head as my foot hit something hard. Excited and thinking that it was a crate or something I dug a little and pulled it out. It wasn't what I was looking for but it was a pretty scale from a very large lizard. Thinking that I may be able to use it Ina potion I happily added it to my inventory. "We better get to this cargo before night falls. I wouldnt fancy being stuck out here."

ID#44364 CD:9 LD:15 

Edited by Coddexx

"Yeah.. If there was any way we could manage to find this thing before it got dark, it would definitely save us the trouble of the storm and the blistering cold." He has heard of some players going out to take this quest, not coming back until a good two.. even three days later. Maybe it all depended on just how unlucky they were with the placement of the cargo.. if it were randomly placed every time. He saw Coddexx stop in his tracks and Jomei turned to look at him. Had he already found what they were looking for. Digging up whatever it was out of the ground, Coddexx ended up pulling out a large scale out of the sand. Probably just the result of some battle out here with a lizard man.. or maybe even a dragon. "Come on, lets keep going.." Jomei said turning forward again. He did not want to have to run into any opposition like he did the last time he did the quest himself. 

Still not seeing any lizard men or dragons I continued on. I found the thought of running into one very interesting but at the same time extremely scary. It wouldn't be a very fun encounter, especially since there was a low visibility out here and I probablt would be unable to see my target enough to even try and hit it. "we should be getting pretty close to where the cargo is I can see the storm picking up and it would only make sense for the cargo to be in the most dangerous area. I havn't had much experience doing these quests but it makes a bit of sense." Just as if to prove my point a strong wall of sand slammed into me throwing me back and almost hitting the ground. I swung my body keeping myself from hitting Jomei but landed at his feet. Thankfully I didn't take any damage but it was a close one. Spitting out some sand I got back up and continued toward the strongest part of the storm.

ID#44368 CD:2

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei looked forward where Coddexx was pointing out. It seemed a bit darker up ahead, as more sand was being kicked up closer to the eye of the storm. With a stern face, Jomei nodded his head. "Yeah, I would think so... We should probably be on high alert, just in case anything is waiting for us." Not sure what to expect, whether they would be surprise attacked like he was last time, attacked by some sort of giant reptile, or, hopefully, left alone.. Jomei wanted to be prepared. He reached across his body and drew his rapier from his waist. Just as he did so, he heard sand shift, and Coddexx's body tumbling towards him. Jomei quickly side stepped out of the way to avoid being tackled into, "You alright?" Jomei said, stepping back over to help his comrade up. Seeing his friend was okay, Jomei pointed his rapier out towards the storm, "Alright.. Almost there.. hopefully." 

Recovering from my stumble I said "Yeah I'm find it's just a little difficult to keep my footing it's like walking on a water bed." Traveling deeper into the middle of the storm I saw a large wooden crate in the distance.  As we kept going I saw the box was guarded by a large lizard. It was a human sized salamander with a very long, barbed tail.  It's scales refracted the sunlight and sand that spiraled around it. Sadly I realized that the only way of getting the cargo was to fight the beast. "Together we can make short work of it lets go" I said as I drew my blade and began to close the distance between the salamander and me. I was hit by a large wave of sand that felt like blades cutting through my flesh. I saw my health fall and took out one of my health potions and drank it readying myself for the battle ahead.

Coddexx 48/48(-10 from sandstorm)

+15 from health potion

-1health potion

Giant Salamander 25/25 (15dmg 5mit)

Spoiler

ID#44430 CD:1-oh no!! LD:20

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei agreed with Coddexx's comment about having difficulties walking in this environment. Normally, walking on the sand like this would not be too difficult.. not as easy as traveling on solid dirt or a road, but still simple enough. Added with winds that could knock a man off his feet, however, that made things slightly more difficult. "We should be almost there.. Maybe just a short walk more.. hm?" Jomei stopped in his tracks when he saw the silhouette of something large, about his size, standing off in the distance. Upon closer inspection, Jomei saw that it was a giant salamander. "Well.. guess we found your giant lizard." Jomei said with a chuckle. Jomei looked over his shoulder as he spoke, noticing Coddexx was drinking one of his health potions. He most likely had taken damage from the sandstorm. Jomei took a step back from the Salamander, putting Coddexx in front of him. "Go ahead, you take first attack.. I'll back you up if things get ugly." Jomei knew he could take the thing out in one hit easily.. but he did not feel like telling Coddexx that. He also did not have a chance to check out his combat skills, so he figured this would be a chance to do so. "You'll be fine, I promise." 

Coddexx:48/48

Jomei: 141/141

Salamander : 25/25

With Jomei's reassurance I drew Silverlight and readied myself for what I hoped would be a quick battle.  I looked at the shiny scaled salamander and took a deep breath.  I ran in raising my blade and readied myself for a sword art. As it was charging the sand swept itself from under me and I fell hard, missing my attack and leaving the salamander a wide shot where it hit me hard with its barbed tail. I saw my health drop and I shook it off. The thorns on my armor activated and a spectral violet glow embed in the armor struck out at the lizard pushing it back slightly. Wanting to prove myself to Jomei I took a deep breath and tried again.

Spoiler

ID#44565 BD:1 MD:7(thorns) CD:12(Regen)

-10dmg

Coddexx:38/48 [Energy 12/12]

Jomei: 141/141

-3dmg

Salamander : 22/25

Edited by Coddexx

Jomei closed one of his eyes and flinched slightly as he watched Coddexx crash into the ground from his missed attack, followed by the Salamander slamming its large tail into his body. Lucky for him, his armor was enough to protect him from too much of a blow, even dealing some damage with some form of thorns. Jomei brought his arm up and threw his blade into the ground like a dart, the rapier sticking out of the sand still just in Jomei's reach. "Everyone makes mistakes, don't worry about it.. I don't blame you with this storm blowing about either. Really makes things difficult to see."  The man crossed his arms and watched as the Salamander stood there, waiting for Coddexx to make another attack. If he misses again.. and that thing does any more damage to Coddexx.. then I'll step in.. Jomei thought to himself, peering over the collar of his cloak. 

Coddexx:38/48 [Energy 12/12] (H:0)

Jomei: 141/141 (34/34) (H:0)

Salamander : 22/25