[PP-F3] Cave In (Vayrin)

Delilah Village, the center point of Floor Three, was probably one of the most peaceful floors that had already been unlocked. The weather here always seemed to be perfect, and the rolling plains seemed to go on forever. This specific spot, just outside of the town but still inside of the safe zone, was covered in dandelions.. and Jomei found it the perfect place to rest his head. The green clad player lain in the bed of flowers, one knee bent and his hands behind his head for support. His mouth opened wide as he let out a yawn, still tired from helping out Coddexx with his quest from the day before. 

He hoped to be able to take a nap and relax.. he hoped.. However fate decided to throw a curve ball at him. Jomei heard the small voice of someone asking for help from behind him. Opening his eyes, he saw a small elf woman standing above him, looking down. "Could you help me sir? My family is in danger." Jomei sat up and turned his waist to look at the woman, flashing her a tired smile. "Yeah sure.. What do you need?" The elf woman explained to Jomei that her house out in the fields was being constantly attacked by goblins. Being the small job was on the third floor, he figured it should be a simple task for him to complete. So right after being told where to go, Jomei made his way out into the fields to find the house.

As he thought, it was simple. He was able to take out the goblins without any trouble and saved the woman's family. After completing the random event, Jomei decided to make his way back towards Delilah Village. On his way, he noticed, slightly off in the distance, a girl who looked familiar to him.

"HAAH!" With a furious yell, Vayrin's blade sang through the air, leaving behind a long streak of purple light, before it faded. She backed up, and gave the air in front of her a few more thrusts. She had been honing her skills, by experimenting with different sword art combos. She figured floor three was a good spot to do it, seeing as most of it was flat open space, and she could handle most of the mobs on this floor in case she was jumped by one. Vayrin quickly threw up her weapon, and  quickly kicked off her feet and performed a backwards cartwheel, catching it again as soon as she got back into her stance only to release a large arc of sword art energy. The impact had blown back the grass around her, and cut some of it as well. Breathing heavily, Vayrin slowly stood back up, and observed her blade. Her face seemed to have an annoyed expression on it. "Needs more damage..." She whispered to herself as she looked at it more closely. It was true, Vayrin had slowly been getting stronger, so she needed to fight stronger mobs. Even though she had been using this blade from day 1, it started to lack the requirements of her level. As she observed the flashing silver of the blade, her mind went back to the day she first stepped out of the safe zone. When a kind player named Manta had given Vayrin her weapon. She sighed as the memory seeped through her head, and slowly sheathed the weapon on her back. Taking a moment to stand in the field and feel the breeze.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Jomei figured he would go to greet the girl, given it was whom he thought it was at least. He walked with his hands in his pockets towards the girl, where she seemed to be practicing some of her sword skills without fighting any mobs. A safe way of training, he figured. He stopped at a safe distance after her approached, watching the girl perform combos on the air in front of her. From what he could tell, her strength and skill with her blade had increased since the last time they had met on Floor Two to fight the Wind Wasp Queen. Jomei brought his hands out of his pockets and smirked after she performed an impressive array of attacks, doing a cartwheel after throwing her sword into the air. Jomei even felt some of the shock from where he was standing. Uncrossing his arms he gave the girl a clap of his hands, "Looks like you've gotten better since the Wasp Queen."

Vayrin closed her eyes as she felt the virtual breeze of the floor blow past her. She breathed in before her moment of silence was interrupted by an oddly familiar voice. She only knew one person with that accent. Vayrin opened her eyes and turned her head suddenly with a curious look on her face. As she had suspected, it was Jomei. The man who had assisted her with big ugly wasp on floor two. She doubt he had any trouble recognizing her. Her love of the color violet made her stand out quiet easily. Especially on a floor like the third. "Jomei? Heh... Fancy meeting you here." She said, giving off a small smile. Based on the comment he gave her, Vayrin quickly realized he had been watching her do her routine. "Huh? Oh... Yeah, I think.." She said, rubbing her head and giving off a nervous chuckle. She still wasn't strong enough to solo a monster like the wasp queen, but she wouldn't go down without a fight at this point. "Figured I should just practice, I guess. I think someone activated a random event nearby, heard talk from some of the NPC's of goblins around." She said.

Jomei nodded his head, "Seems like you definitely did." Now that his presence was known, he figured he would walk up to the girl rather than staying at the distance he was. Apparently she had heard of the event with the goblins nearby, and her mention of it caused Jomei to chuckle. "Yeah, I was actually just coming back from doing one of those... thought it was strange.. Normally after completing one, you'd get some sort of notification saying you finished. Like a normal quest.. But this time I didn't.." He brought up his hand to open his menu and check his active quests, checking to see if it was still there.. which it as. "Maybe I missed someth-"  Somehow, without the man realizing it, a mob had snuck up on Jomei, specifically a goblin. Though this one was unlike the others. Rather than being small and wimpy, this one was taller, and quite overweight. Also, instead of carrying large daggers for swords, he carried a large club. Jomei spun around to look at the beast, who already had the club waving over his head about to crash it down on top of him. "Guess I somehow missed him." Jomei said, preparing to jump back out of the way. 

As the club came down hard, Jomei turned around to jump back, trying to grab Vayrin from getting hit as well. With a loud crash, the stone club hit a stone that was about half the size of its weilder, but it was then followed by another noise. What heard like the muffled sounds of rocks falling soon became louder and before they knew it, the ground just under the three of their feet began to give away. In seconds, the three were engulfed by the sink hole, dropping them into a large dark room. After a couple of moments of laying their, Jomei came to and checked his surroundings, first looking to see if Vayrin was alright. He then looked up at the hole that dropped them down here, which already began to rebuild itself for the next unsuspecting players. "Huh...never seen that before... You okay?" he said, holding out a hand to help the girl up. 

Vayrin felt dizzy as she slowly leaned upwards holding her head. "Ergn...." She opened her eyes to see Jomei giving her his hand. "Yeah, I think so." Not trying to be rude she took it as he pulled her to her feet. She quickly looked at herself and proceeded to dust off her cloak. She looked over her shoulder to make sure her weapon was still fine, and it seemed so. The violet haired girl let out a sigh of relief, and then gazed at the roof of the room. No evidence of the hole was left, it seemed they were trapped. "Yeah. I guess you did miss one." She turned her gaze back to Jomei, with slight annoyance in her voice. Vayrin quickly turned her attention to the cave they had fallen into. Only, it wasn't a cave. It was more like an old ruin... Her eyes widened as she observed it closer. The hole they had fallen through was had been at the roof of the room, which looked to be about 20 feet above them. How they didn't suffer any damage from their impact she did not know. The room itself wasn't very large, but did house large old pillars that connected the floor to the ceiling far above. They seemed to have fallen onto a large circular platform, with weird symbols carved onto it's borders. The only light came from a small torch on the wall. "Er.. Jomei. What is this place?" Vayrin asked curiously as she continued to gaze around the room.

Jomei heard the slight tension in Vayrin's voice as he helped her up, "S-Sorry about that.." He felt bad that he had somehow gotten the girl involved in this..whatever they were in right now. He looked around the cavern that they were in and realized that it was, in fact, not a cavern at all. It looked more like  build up structure, with columns reaching up to the ceiling. There was even a torch that lit up the room. Jomei brought his hand to his chin as he observed just what they had fallen into. "I have no idea... I've never seen anything like this before.. Looks like some sort of dungeon. But.. where is the actual entrance I wonder?" Jomei's ears perked when he heard the echoing sound of something growling far off in the distance. ".... I have a bad feeling about this.." he said, reaching across his body and pulling out his rapier. "We should try and find the entrance.. or exit.." 

"... I think that was the entrance..." Vayrin said calmly. Her hand slowly reached for the hilt of her blade, and pulled it out. There was no evidence of a way back up, so their only option was to find another way out. Although, the room they were in showed no signs of a doorway leading deeper into the dungeon they had fallen into. Vayrin knew, that the sound of the monster they had heard meant there was in fact someplace to go, they just needed to find it. "This leads somewhere..." She said. Vayrin slowly walked up to the stone wall. She reached out her hand and began feeling it's surface. The sound of the beast had come from this side of the room, so she might as well start there. She kept feeling until her finger caught a tiny divet in the smooth surface. She stopped, and looked more closely. There was indeed a small faint line that could barely be seen. "Erghh..." Seeing this, Vayrin quickly pushed her full body weight on the wall. Within a few seconds, the stone around the place she had been pushing started to shift, and a loud sound echoed through the room that sounded like a lock opening. Suddenly, the wall caved in, and as she had thought, it was a hidden door. It quickly slid backwards, then tucked itself into another wall. revealing a long dark stairway... "Only way up seems down.." Vayrin said, as she shot Jomei a grin.

Jomei began to wander around the room for some sign of a door or other way out, but it did not seem like there was much. Maybe this was one of those trap rooms, and soon enough, the two would be swarmed by hordes of high leveled monsters. He reached across his body and grabbed his rapier, ready for anything. Just then, he heard Vayrin from behind him mention that she found something. He turned to see she was leaning into a wall, and with the sound of stones scraping together, the wall moved out of the way. Jomei walked up to see what it had revealed; a staircase that went downwards, what awaited them covered in darkness. "Good find.. now.." he walked over to the lit torch on the wall and pulled it out of the metal rig holding it there. It would probably be the smartest way to proceed, since there did not seem to be much light down there. "Lets go." 

He led the girl down the staircase, the one torch illuminating their way. Suddenly, the two came to level ground, which seemed to be a little bit lighter than the staircase was. The room was similar to the last one they were in, but the roof was much closer to them, and it was rectangular. At the far end of the hallway, there was a large door that was boarded and chained up. The door, in fact, looked similar to one that would hide a floor boss behind it.. The irishman slowly walked up to it, placing the torch near it. He found it interesting.. maybe this was supposed to be one of the floor dungeons that was abandoned, but left in the coding of the game.. He just hoped that if that was the case, that the boss did not remain. Turning around, he noticed that at the sides of the room were two circular archways that were exactly the same. Jomei walked forward and stood between them... "Hm... guess we need to make a choice.."

As the two walked down the staircase, Vayrin let Jomei take point. Not out of fear, but if something were to attack, he'd probably be more likely to evade it before she was. Not that there was much room int he narrow tunnel anyways. Soon, they reached another room. Vayrin stood at the edge of the staircase, staring intently at the large chained door at the other end of the hallway. She wondered what was on the other side, but she guessed it wasn't a mystery. This was obviously some sort of dungeon, or at least it was laid out that way. Using common sense, she guessed it held a monster that would act as the boss. Something she wasn't very eager to meet, but figured they'd probably need to in order to get out of here. Vayrin walked up to the large chained door as Jomei observed the other two archways on the side of the room. She stood just within a few inches of the large chains, staring at the giant doorway. She turned her attention back to her companion when he spoke up again. "Hm. Yeah, I guess... I'd say we should split up, but I have no idea what level of danger this place is..." She responded. Vayrin stood for a few more moments, and then started to walk towards one of the paths. "We have no idea where any of these go, so might as well pick one at random. Won't know until we try one..." She said to Jomei without looking back for his response. She simply unsheathed her blade, and walked into the archway...

"Normally, I'd agree with you... but neither of us have any idea where we are going.. Or what lies ahead." he pointed back to the chain door. ".. and God forbid those chains are holding something back, rather than keeping us out.. I wouldn't want a close encounter with it while alone. Just as I'm sure you wouldn't. He turned his back to look at the door once again. "But if this dungeon.. or whatever the hell it is.. acts like all the others.. Then through there is an exit. But from the looks of it, we can't break those chains to get to the door." He held the torch forward again, so the door was slightly more illuminated, "And I don't see a place for a key.. so maybe there's something else that will unlock the door." 

After the two decided not to split up, their next task was figuring out which direction to take; the left or the right. "If anything, we can come back this way if it is a dead end.. so lets go through that one." Jomei said, pointing the torch towards the archway to the left of the boss door. Jomei followed Vayrin through, holding his rapier in his right hand, and the torch in the other. The hallway seemed to go on for about 30 feet before coming to a door. Slowly opening the door revealed another room, more interesting than the last. The room was set up like an actual dungeon, 6 cell doors lined the walls, 3 on each, with a torch in between them. Some of the doors to the cells were still intact, while others had caved in. In two of the open cells laid the bony remains of two warriors, and in the far left cell was a small chest. Of course, the door to the chest was locked shut, in need of a key to open it. Jomei let out a sharp sigh, "Okay.. we probably need to get into that chest.. but we need a key to get in there.. Any ideas?" 

As Vayrin followed led the two deeper into the supposed dungeon she stopped when they arrived at another room. One that looked like an actual dungeon. Old prison cells were scattered around it, along with the skeletons of the unlucky occupants. She looked over at the chest that Jomei had been talking about, and it seemed to be locked behind a door. Meaning they needed a key. Jomei asked her if she had any ideas, and she didn't seem to have any other then to keep looking. "No, I think we should just keep loo-" Suddenly, a loud rattling noise was heard behind them, Vayrin spun around with her blade to see one of the separated skeletons put itself together and stand up. Her eyes widened, and she took a couple steps backwards, still holding her blade in front beside Jomei. More of the same rattling sounds we heard around them. She turned her head to see even more skeletons form from the ground, all holding mean looking weapons... But the one thing she noticed was the bigger skeleton. It had a larger weapon, heavy looking armor... And a key around it's neck... Vayrin glared and got into her defensive stance in a back to back position behind Jomei as their opponents started to surround them. "Looks like we may have some fun after all." She said to Jomei, grinning before charging her sword.

Suddenly, after Vayrin mentioned she had no idea where to look, the sounds of rattling filled the room. Slowly turning around, Jomei saw, from the open cells, came out reanimated skeletons.. each wearing some sort of decrepit armor and wielding a rusty sword. Jomei spun his rapier and pointed it forward at one skeleton, then at another. He counted two, but then saw another skeleton come out from a third cell. This one was much bigger than the others, its spine curved so it could fit in the room. It wore armor that made it look thicker, though the skull of the skeleton was still visible through its helmet. Around its neck, Jomei spotted a small bronze key, which  he pointed at with his rapier. "I guess we found our key... So.. How do you want to go about this? I'll follow your move." As he prepared himself, waiting on Vayrin's answer, he watched as the skeletons gathered.. calling upon more of their undead brothers to the battle. Now there were 6 in total, with their bigger friend standing off to the back, waiting for its turn. 

((We can split up the battle and take on only one at a time, each or together, or we can try and take out bigger groups at a time. I will not have all 6 attacking at once unless they are all attacked by multiple AoEs))

Jomei: 141/141 (34/34)
Vayrin: 32/32 (8/8)

Skeleton Warrior: 25/25 
Dmg: 9
Skeleton General: 75/75
Dmg: 15 Mit: 10

(Updated stats beneath my signature picture. Zelrius still needs to update it xD)

As soon as the two got ready in their battle stances, Vayrin quickly observed their enemy's stats. She figured she was too weak to take on the General, but she could easily kill the warriors. She got her sword ready, and as it began to glow the warriors made their move. The first skeleton tried a simple slash, Vayrin quickly spun out of the way, rolling under the second skeleton's cross swipe. She then proceeded to quickly ducked out of the third's attempt to slice her neck, and leaped from the fourth's stab. Now Vayrin had been separated from Jomei, who was now on the opposite side of the room from her dealing with his own two warriors and the general. The 4 other's attention had been fixed on her. She quickly held out her blade and let it charge. Seeing this, the skeletons all charged at her again. The violet haired girl quickly sprinted back at them in the long prison block. When she got into a fit range, she quickly leaped upwards, releasing a large arc of sword art energy. All four skeletons had been hit in their torso's and limbs. They skidded backwards, weakened but not yet defeated. Vayrin breathed heavily, hoping that Jomei was having luck with his side. She got back into her defensive stance, and prepared for their next attack...

Roll:

Spoiler

ID#: 45520

BD: 5+1(Accuracy)=6 [Hit!]

MD: 5-1(Evasion)=4 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4+Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike = 4x1(hitcount) = 4x2(dmg multiplier) = 8

Vayrin's HP: 44/44

Vayrin's ENG: 7/11

Jomei's HP: 141/141

Jomei's ENG: 34/34

Enemies

Skeleton Warrior: 17/25

Vayrin managed to catch the larger half of the groups attention with an area attack, knocking down the health of each of the skeletons a bit. However, the attack, Jomei noticed, was not enough to take them out, and merely made the bony beasts angry. The four skeletons that Vayrin's bade connected with followed after her as she distanced herself from Jomei. The man grit his teeth as he watched, "Dammit." he mumbled to himself as he saw one of the skeleton's raise his blade up high and crash it into her. Getting themselves trapped in this room may have been a bad idea. Jomei's eyes wandered back down to his front, where two other skeletons slowly made their approach towards him. He them looked back up to see another skeleton bringing its sword up, ready to do massive damage to the girl. Jomei pushed through the two skeletons in front of him, their sword merely scratching at his clock as he passed by. He then quickly swung his sword, cutting a V through the bones of the monster about to cut into Vayrin. Immediately after, the lifeless bones crumpled to the ground, but did not vanish. Jomei turned his body so he was standing next to Vayrin, "I know these guys seem weak enough... but enough of them and they can cut you down easily. I'll back you up and try to take most of the heat."

((Since you rolled for one of the skeleton's already, I'll roll for the other 5. The general is not in the battle yet.))

ID: 46087, 46088, 46089
BD: 5 (+2) = 7 Rip Ravine: 2x9 = 18  v. Skele 3.
Skel 2 -MD: 9 (10 dmg v. Vayrin)
Skel 3 -MD(BD): 10 
Skel 4 -MD: 1 miss
Skel 5 -MD(BD): 5 miss
Skel 6 -MD: 2 miss

Vayrin's HP: 34/44 (-10)

Jomei's HP: 141/141

Jomei's ENG: 32/34

Enemies

Skeleton Warrior: 0/25

• 2 weeks later...

Vayrin grunted and nodded at her companion's remark. She got her sword ready again, as the other Skeleton's turned in Jomei's direction after he swiftly dealt with one of them. She grinned as one of them still seemed to have it's attention focused on her. It's eyeless sockets stared at her a moment,. and then it charged. Vayrin did the same, clashing her weapon against the skeleton's. The two were locked in position for a few moments, both trying to push the other one back. Soon, Vayrin saw a flaw in the Skeleton's footwork. She took the advantage, and mange to kick one of it's legs. Even though it couldn't feel any pain, the monster stumbled back. Soon, her sword flew across it's chest, knocking it over.

Spoiler

ID#: 46477

BD: 8 [Hit!]

MD: 3 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 5

Skeleton Warrior's DMG: 0

(Other three focused on Jomei due to his last hit. Two have yet to enter the fight)

Vayrin's HP: 34/44

Jomei's HP: 141/141

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 17/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 17/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 0/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 25/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 25/25

Skeleton General's HP: 75/75

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 12/25

Vayrin's ENG: 6/11

Jomei's ENG: 32/34

• 1 month later...

"Nice hit, Vayrin!" Jomei called out to her. As she landed a hit with one of the skeletons, it somehow managed to get the attention of the other four. Jomei watched as all of their bony heads turned towards the purplette with apparent rage. "[censored]!" Jomei cursed to himself, quickly charging up an attack and swinging his sword. The quick, unplanned attack caused him to miss his mark. He needed to come up with another plan, quickly or else she was done for. He quickly ran through the skeletons and slid to a stop in front of Vayrin, just in time to receive the blows from the enemies attacks. Luckily, his armor was enough to take most of the blows, only giving him minimum damage. 

ID: 50247, 50248, 50249
BD: 2(+2)
Skel 2 - 8(-1) 10(-12) = 1 dmg Jomei
Skel 4 - 10 ( 12 - 12) = 1 dmg Jomei
Skel 5 - 8(-1) 10(-12) = 1 dmg Jomei
Skel 6 - 4 (miss)

Vayrin's HP: 34/44 

Jomei's HP: 138/141

Jomei's ENG: 31/34

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 17/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 0/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 25/25

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 25/25

Skeleton General's HP: 75/75

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 12/25

As the Skeleton quickly got back up to it's feet, it grabbed its weapon and with sudden raged sprinted after her. The girl smirked and did the same. She had slashed it back several feet before, providing this distance between the two. Vayrin charged up her sword art as she sprinted. Just within a few centimeters, the skeleton swung it's sword around, attempting to hit the girl in the neck. Luckily, Vayrin saw this in time to roll underneath it's arm to it's back side. She spent no time hesitating before leaping upwards as soon as she regained her footing, bringing her weapon down on the monster. It tore right through the skeletons shoulder and down its chest. The armor doing nothing against the girl's glowing weapon. Soon it lied on the ground in two pieces before shattering into a million tiny fragments. Vayrin heard foot steps, and brought her weapon around as fast as she could only to see Jomei there. She hesitated in striking, seeing as it was her companion who apparently took the blow coming from the skeletons she wasn't paying attention too. "Oh.. Uh thanks." Vayrin whispered nervously as she panted, still holding her blade up as to strike at Jomei thinking he was an an enemy before.

Roll:

Spoiler

ID#: 50484

BD: 7+1=8 [Hit!]

MD: 1 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: Sonic Leap - 1x3 - (3 Energy) - A charge-type sword art that allows the user to leap at their enemy to deal a downward strike. 5x1=5x3= 15

Skeleton Warrior's HP: 12-15=0 0/25

Vayrin's HP: 34/44

Vayrin's ENG: 4/11

Jomei's HP: 138/141

Jomei's ENG: 31/34

Enemies:

• 2 weeks later...

Vayrin was doing a hell of a lot better than Jomei was in this fight, thats for sure. Where Jomei kept missing all of his attacks, Vayrin was landing hits left and right. Jomei was taking most of the heat off of Vayrin, however, so that was enough for him. He brought his sword up to take a block from one of the skeletons, but its strike was a little bit more than Jomei thought, and it knocked the blade out of his hand "[censored]!" he barked through grit teeth, taking the full force of the skeleton's sword. At the same time, one of the bony men made it past Jomei and slashed Vayrin with its own blade, taking out a huge chunk of her health. Jomei's eyes widened, "Vayrin, things aren't looking too good.. If you can, get the hell out of here. I can take them."

ID: 51569, 51570
BD: 1
Skel 1
Skel 8 (15 dmg Vayrin)
Skel 8 (1 dmg Jomei)
Skel 1

Vayrin's HP: 19/44 

Jomei's HP: 138/141

Jomei's ENG: 30/34