PP - F2 Reunions <<Let There Be Light>> (Meokka, Helios)

"Alright, why am I on this floor again?"

The second floor settlement of Urbus was as quiet and serene as when he first started adventuring in SAO as Calrex appeared through the teleportation circle. Giving a small exhale he looked up as Roc also appeared, materializing in the air as the blue peregrine falcon swooped down, then back up as if in excitement, "I guess you are pretty excited. It's been a while since we've been on this floor."

It had been quite some time since the Ultramarine Knight first came to the floor in search of a familiar. Back then Roc was the second highest rank falcon of his group, but agreed to become the bluenette's familiar in his desire to become stronger in order to protect his wife. Swiping on his menu he pulled up the message he had received, a small smile coming to his face.

"It's certainly been a while since I last saw her. I wonder what happened between her and Dom since last I talked to him. Well, hopefully things are going well."

Moving over to a nearby bench he sat down, still clad in the Grand Dragoon armor, with the Grand Gauntlets: Buster covering his forearms, with the Amethyst Charm and Tide Pendant both hanging from his neck. "Best hang out for now until the both of them show up."

Edited by Calrex

Meokka made her way through the summoning gate. She stood in her 'Lovely Armor' that she herself had crafted. She had a lot of catching up to do. It seemed her only option was to do every single quest that was posted. How hard could that be? She checked the 'cords' to find her party. As she plugged that in a mini map showed for her. She walked to where it told her to go. She placed her hands on her hips seeing an Azure Knight. She smiled a bit and made her way over to him. She dropped her hands from her hips and walked with purpose towards him. Upon being in front of him she bowed to him happily.

"it's been awhile. Seems I'm trailing behind these days. Time to play catch up. Thanks for coming with me. I haven't done much of anything since the automatic patch hit. How've you been? she asked hopeful they were still on good terms, given the lack of communication between them. She hoped they could pick up where they left off.

Stepping off of Urbus' warp pad, Helios sighed. "Geez, I'm bored today." he muttered, looking around the large town, which was filled with players at the time. Suddenly, his eyes found their way to a blue haired man. The man was a bit shorter than Helios and wore an outfit the dark haired player recognized quite well. Hmm, if it isn't Calrex. he thought, chuckling a bit. As he walked towards the man, the boy noticed he was speaking to a woman who he didn't recall ever meeting. Assuming they are friends, she won't mind if I wander over there. At least, I hope not.

Arriving near the two player's positions, Helios smiled. "Hey, Calrex. It's been a while." he waved, slowly walking towards the bluenette. As he stepped closer, he examined the woman's outfit. She doesn't look like a low leveled player. I'll assume they are good friends and she isn't somebody he's just decided to help. From what I've noticed, he tends to do that a lot.

Looking over Calrex saw the fellow bluenette he had not seen in quite a long time, jumping to his feet in surprise and contained excitement. However, upon seeing the bow he quickly relaxed his position, giving a friendly smile and shaking his head, "Hey Meo, just because we haven't seen each other in a while doesn't mean you have to be all formal with me again, heh. In any case, it's good to see you're doing well. But yeah, as you can tell I've been hard at work, as usual. But, some other good news is that Teayre and I are actually married now."

As he pointed up at his status bar to indicate his relationship marker the bluenette looked over to see another familiar face make his way over, giving a wave and another smile to Helios, "Heh, well not as long a while as it way before the last time I saw you. Good to see you Helios."

Looking over at Meokka he gave a nod, putting his hands into his jacket pockets, "In any case, you said you needed to do some catching up using quests right? From what I saw we're doing the Let There Be Light quest correct?"

"Mhm, I'll be doing my best to do every quest available to me." she explained.

He wouldn't be able to tell, but she was very relieved that he seemed rather pleased about their reunion. She looked up at the status bar, and used her left hand like a visor to look at it curiously. Her eyes went wide and she bounced once seeing it. She was over run with joy seeing that true love was still very real in this world and the real one.

"I'm sorry I missed the wedding Cal-kun, I was a bit tied up at that moment. I'll have to work hard to get a late wedding gift to the two of you later." she winked. Already thinking of commissioning +3 sex appeal unmentionables for the wife, and even maybe the husband. She could only imagine the look on their faces if they opened up a box with risky attire. Perhaps her mood was improving now that she was out and about.

Meokka then looked to Helios. She bowed to him, thankful for another party member.

"I'm Meokka, it's a pleasure to meet you.....Um." she looked up at his name. "Helios-san." She thought about shortening it to Hel-san or Hel-soma but worried that was still far too familiar, and would rude of her.

"Eh, I suppose we did just see each other a little while back." the dark haired boy chuckled. He listened to the blue haired woman speak before speaking again. "Nice to meet you too, Meokka. So, you two are taking a quest, right? Would you mind if I came along?" Helios asked, smiling a bit. He heard the man say something about Let There Be Light, which he had already completed with Tobi and Shizuka, but he felt like joining them anyway. The woman who Helios was now acquainted with seemed quite friendly, and he didn't mind helping out a bit, if he could. "I've actually already completed the quest before. The bats aren't too strong, but if you guys need any extra help, I'd be happy to join you." he told the duo. 

The Ultramarine Knight felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he heard Meokka say that she would give them a wedding present. Not beacuse she was going to get one, but because of the playful wink that seemed to hint at some kind of cunning hidden motive, "Well...go ahead and hold on to it. We'll be having a reception at some point. In fact the wedding itself was rather spontaneous we completed the quest without telling anyone, heh."

Putting a hand behind his head the bluenette's cheeks tinged red for a second before returning back to his normal appearance. Looking over Helios he gave a nod, "Sure, if you're not busy we appreciate the help. I'm going to use my fists this time around, as the bats are really too easy if I use the Grand Blade, or any straight sword for that matter, heh."

Giving a nod to his teammates Calrex kept his hands in his jacket pockets, "In any case, if you guys are all set shall we get this party on the road?"

"I don't mind if you come with Helios-san. It'll make finding the lost child that much easier I think. Bats huh? I hate bats." She remembered back home they'd sneak their way into the house sometimes. They freaked her out, how they could turn and contort their body to fit in places that seemed impossible. Though the most she saw were fruit bats it still bothered her when they swooped at her. "Ugh, back home they would fly at my hair thinking it was an insect or something for them to use for a nest or food." Even fruit bats ate insects despite their deceiving name. She hoped that would deter her from attacking a bat. It hadn't in the past in SAO, but that had been many moons ago.

She then looked to Calrex who seemed to have gotten her mischievous intention somewhat. She smiled with no intention to hide it at all. "Aha." She said understanding something. "You two eloped, how romantic. You dog Cal-kun. You'll have to tell me about the tale and maybe even embellish a little if you think it too try." she was certainly pleased to be in his company again. Reunited with a great friend. She nodded to his next question. "I'm ready, though I'm not so sure if I'll be able to see in the dark anymore. It seems I lost that ability at some point." it was during her capture that she found that to be true. At first she thought it was sense deprivation, then realized a patch for the game must have occurred.

She followed to the right of Calrex, barely half a step behind him. Allowing him to lead the way. Out on the field again. Once she was terrified of such a trifle. Now, after her capture. After the escape. This sort of danger only caused excitement to run through her veins.

Helios smiled as he was accepted to join the two on their quest. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the comment Meokka had made about the fruit bats. "Sounds like fun." he joked before once again listening to them speak. He laughed a bit as the woman said, "You two eloped, how romantic.". So far, the young man was enjoying the company of the two players quite a bit. Although he didn't know the blue haired woman well, he could tell they'd get along great.

"You don't have to ask me, Cal. I'm always ready." he grinned, sliding his hands into his warm pockets. As the other two players began to walk forward, Helios followed, the soft wind gently moving through his dark, medium length hair. He smiled, looking out over the large fields over Floor 2. 

Heading Meokka's comment on the marriage and how it took place Calrex felt his face flush as he put a hand behind his head, "H-Hey it wasn't just on my part. Hehe..."

Raising a hand to his face he closed his eyes and gave a quick fake cough to try and disperse the warmth in his cheeks as he acknowledged his fellow bluenette's loss of her <<Night Vision>> skill after its conversion to a skill mod, "Don't worry, you're not the only one. After the release of skill mods I ended up losing both Night Vision and the Reveal skill as well. In any case, with the three of us hitting a creature should be much of a problem at all."

Looking over at his two teammates he adjusted the Grand Gauntlets: Buster on his forearms before directing them over to the gates leading out of the settlement. "Alright Meo, there should be an NPC running over to you soon enough to signify the start of the quest. Once you've confirmed acceptance of it we'll head over to the location where the cave spawns the child we're supposed to find."

She smiled. This group was rather lively. She wouldn't have it any other way. As she walked with them she did notice an NPC lady off in the distance. In a dress and on the grass crying. She looked to Calrex who pointed them out, then back at the mother. Meokka went over quickly and overed her hand to the woman. After a moment she found their hands had met and Meokka pulled the sad mother to her feet. She then looked to another child who was holding the mother's leg. The bluenette knelt down. Without missing a beat she accepted the quest and looked to the party. She nodded to them and then looked to the NPCs who were pointing at the cave where the small girl had gone.

"Don't worry you can count on us." Meokka smiled.

With that she called out her spear and placed it behind her head and walked to the cave entrance.

"This way boys. We have a little chillin' to save." She smiled pleased to do such a noteworthy quest. 

Helios turned his head to Calrex, who had informed the blue haired woman of the NPC that sat up ahead. He watched as Meokka wandered towards her, accepting the quest. As the young man equipped his curved sword, a grin formed on his face. "Alright, let's go!" he chuckled, following the bluenette who was leading the way to the cave entrance. Upon arrival, the player examined the cave. It was the same place he'd explored with Shizuka and Tobi and their quest had ended quite well, with nobody injured at all.

Looking at the two blue haired players, Helios smiled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well, shall we enter?" he asked the two.

(Entering Cave / All BD rolls -1 unless player possesses <<Night Vision>>)

As Calrex confirmed that he, Meokka, and Helios were all accepted into the quest he led the group over to where the cavern was located. As they came into view he gave a nod to his teammates, giving a calming breath, "Alright guys, remember that we're going to take a small hit to our accuracy once we enter, but with the level of the bats we're dealing this still should be an easy quest."

Stepping inside the Ultramarine Knight gave a couple of calming breaths. A few feet above Roc soared through the cave, allowing him to amplify his accuracy to a small amount, while the Amethyst Charm helped to boost his dexterity further. "Keep your ears open for any sign of the child. There should be only two bats in this cavern, but there's been a couple times that the game has messed with me and thrown a few curveballs."

Meokka squinted a bit not use to dealing with the dark again. She figured she'd need a lot more practice in the game. She placed her hand on her forehead like a visor as if it'll help, but it didn't in the slightest. She bit the inside of her cheek looking around curiously. She tried to remember how excited Hellios' voice was. His lets go tone rang through her head. It calmed her a bit. They all knew what they were doing. Why was she so worried. It was borderline moronic wasn't it? She shouldn't feel so stressed over it. 

"I'll be counting on you two. I've been out of the field for some time now."

Nodding, Helios attempted to examine the cave. The area in front of him was much to dark for somebody without Night Vision, like himself, to see perfectly in. "Meokka, how long have you been away for?" the boy asked, curious to know if she had done any fighting while on hiatus. The raven haired player thought back to his "time off" he had taken some time earlier. Absolutely nothing productive had been accomplished by him, which annoyed him a bit. However, he tried to ignore it. It was no longer important to him at that point in time.

After his question, he stayed quiet for a moment to listen out for the young child. No sign of the bats yet. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not though. Helios thought as the three entered further into the cave.

ID: 47147
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Darkness +1) = 10
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Crescent Moon>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (6 Energy Used / 51 Remaining)

As the trio continued on Calrex gave a calming breath as he took point, letting his eyes relax to try and help adapt to their darkened environment. His hands slowly tightened into fists as his <<Martial Arts>> skill triggered, the light blue aura beginning to jet out from the upper opening in his gauntlets close to his elbows, similar to an afterburner. It wasn't long before he could hear the familiar sound of a bat's wings from up above.

Quickly looking up he saw that the bat had already begun to descend, attempting to swipe at him with its claws. Quickly leaping back the creature's limbs struck into the ground before the bluenette quickly spun 180 degrees before leaping upwards in a back flip. The afterburner effect seemed to speed up his rotation as Calrex executed <<Crescent Moon>>, quickly coming around with a double kick to the creature's head.

Landing on the ground he quickly spun around, confirming that the Stun effect had triggered as he gave a nod to his teammates, "Alright, take it down!"

HP List
Calrex: 263/263
   Energy: 51/57
Meokka: 64/64
   Energy: 16/16
Helios: 60/60
   Energy: 15/15

Enemies:
Bat 1:
 20/50 (10 DMG * 3 Art = 30 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex
  • 5 months later...
Guest Meokka

64798 8, loot 20 + 2=22 - 1 due to darkness

She took a deep breath. This was her first attack so she built up her <<Mighty Charge>> while Cal-san laid down a very heafty beat down. Waiting for the moment to strike she ran forwards with her spear. With blinding speed she pierced the large bat in the abdomin and tossed it in to the air. She let out a battle yell as she did so because the beast was not only heavy but gave the distinct oder of death itself. She watched it slam back into the ground. As it burst into data itself. Meokka stared for a long while. Was that what she was holding back. She looked over at the other two.

"I....I got it!" She smiled happily."

She couldn't believe it was that easy.

"Now where is that little girl."

(Trying to wrap up these loose threads no pun intended) 

+500 cole +1 Material gained from this battle!

Edited by Meokka