[F5 - PP] Desert Encounter <<Blood on The Sand>> (Oikawa) COMPLETE

The purple haired girl wiped sweat off of her forehead, looking down at the armor on her table. It was completely identical to her Desert Hawk armor that she had crafted for herself awhile ago. However, with her new initiation to The Knights of Blood Oath, she needed to match her armor to the color scheme of white and red. With the help of some dyes and smithing with different colored ores. It would be interesting, flashing the colors of a guild rather than sticking to the solo player routine she was used to. Tapping the air above the armor, she equipped it, replacing the black cloth clothing she wore at the moment. She then attached the Izunami to her waist and left out the front door to her shop, knowing she still needed a lot of training to do to make her place in this guild.

When she emerged from her door to the sandy floor of Armadillo, she opened her inventory and pulled out her beginners guide. The girl flipped through the pages of the book, finding the page she marked about the different rumors surrounding tough boss-like enemies out in the fields. She slowly walked forward, thinking over which ones she had already hunted. The Wasp Queen on Floor Two and the Avalanche of Floor Four both were already taken out by her, leaving the field boss of this floor known simply as the SandShark. But where to find it, she had no idea. Most likely, she would need to go out on another quest into the hot desert to find her target.

Jevi stood at the outskirts of the town with her hands on her waist, scanning the desert for any close signs of her target.

Edited by Jevi

Steam covered the room in blanket of haze and smells remniscent of burning ores and metals. Blonde hair lightly bounced with ever strike of his mallet as he forged another shield for himself. His work seemed to be cut out for him as he had completely finished the project in mere minutes. Sweat raced down his face, a sign of his hard work and intense effort he had managed to put in for the morning. Taking a seat, he wiped his face and brow, and brought up his menu. No new notifications for the day, thought the blonde.

Once rested up, he added the shield to his inventory and whistled for his familiar, King, to join him as he made his way to the door. The snow leopard cub joined him soon enough at the door. "Going to go do some field testing today. You're coming with." The leopard nodded in understandment, not that he cared anyway. "Geez, I can feel the apathetic-ness from here King." Reaching the town square, the blonde Russian roulette'd through the floors, landing on that of the fifth. 

"Sweltering desert it is."

Jevi took a few steps back from the border that lined the safe zone, letting out a heavy sigh. After the experience she had fighting Avalanche, and getting knocked out during the fight, going out to fight this boss on her own was most likely a bad idea. A slight smile etched onto her lips, thinking of how Grave had come to help her. The girl then quickly turned around towards the town square. ~"Guess it wouldn't hurt to try and find another person to help me.." With the way Jevi's skills were currently set up and progressing, she would be taking up the role of a tank. That being said, damage was something that was no longer her focus, and putting into her defense stats took its place. She would need to find a damage dealer to help her, so she could take the heat off of them. As she reached the square with the warp pad once again, she looked around for anyone she may have known to help her. She rubbed the back of her neck, partly hoping that Grave would not show up... given the last time they met turned out... different. She gently bit her lip and looked towards the sand, her eyes soon drawn back when she saw another player warp into the area. It was a blonde haired man, a white leopard walking by his side. From the look of his lighter armor and rapier, Jevi figured he focused on damage, rather than defense. She walked up to the man, ~"Hey. Sorry to bother you.. but would you be able to help me? You look like you can handle yourself.. I'm looking for fight the SandShark, and I can't do it myself."  She was still no good at talking to new people, so she probably sounded like an idiot to the man who most likely could not be bothered with the low leveled player.

Heat gripped the blonde not mere seconds after he teleported to the town of Armadillo. His white cape settling just above the sands as he stepped out from the platform. Running a gloved hand through his bangs, he looked up just as a purple haired lass approached. King sat at attention, keeping a regal pose in front of the woman as she neared. Her words floated through the air, as she asked him about accompanying her on a quest that he himself was all too familiar with. "Blood on the Sand eh? I suppose I have time to kill. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Oikawa, General of the Azure Brigade. This is my familiar and partner in crime, King. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your name would be?"

A wave of relief passed over the woman when the man was kind about her search for help and accepted the offer. The girl smiled down at the white leopard as the man politely introduced himself as Oikawa, a General of Azure Brigade. ~"Azure Brigade, huh? Guess I made the right choice in who to ask for help." she said with a light chuckle. ~"I'm Jevi... of The Knights of Blood Oath.." she added in hesitantly. She was not used to the whole guild thing. ~"Its nice to meet you, and I appreciate the help." Turning to look down one of the long sand filled roads in the center of Armadillo, her yellow eyes met with where the town ended and the desert began. She turned her head back to Oikawa, ~"Guess we should get going then, if you're ready." After the man replied, she began to walk forward towards the edge of town. She just hoped that the two would not encounter any powerful sandstorms like the last time she passed through the barren wasteland.

"Jevi of the Knights of Blood Oath. Haven't heard that guild's name in quite some time. Honestly surprised they're still kicking. That aside, the pleasure is mine," he responded with a bow. Taking the lead, he motioned for her to follow. "One is never truly ready for anything, so I prefer to be as prepared for anything heh. That being said, let's move. I'm sure you are well aware how nasty the effects of the desert can be." Flipping the hood of his cloak up, he stepped into the sandy path and began heading for the region the Sand Shark was notorious for harassing last time he had visited the floor. King lightly whimpered as he stepped into the warming sun, the cub hated extreme heat as well as extreme colds despite being a snow leopard. Looking over his shoulder, the blonde eyed the girl following him. He wasn't sure why he was being so kind to a complete stranger, but she seemed nice enough herself. If she had any ill will, he didn't immediately recognize it.

~"Well.. I haven't taken my Oath yet..so Opal says. But she told me I'm pretty much part of the group already." Oikawa's words about the guild slightly shocked her. From the power of some of the guild members and the moral of its members, Jevi would have thought KoB was top guild that everyone looked up to. Then again.. the more she thought about it.. the name "Azure Brigade" happened to pop up more and more often. The girl began to follow the blonde as they stepped into the desert, ~"Yeah. This isn't my first time. Luckily,  I got the Survival skill while out here, so that's been a huge help." she said with a chuckle. She watched as the man pulled the hood of his cloak up, which reminded Jevi. Bringing her hand up to open her inventory, the girl swiped through a couple of items, the soft bells chiming every time she moved through the menus. After a moment, a long tan scarf appeared on the girl's shoulders, most of it covering the lower half of her face. She grabbed the back of it and pulled it up over her head, making a makeshift hood. ~"So I'm guessing you've taken on this field boss before?" 

Oikawa nodded as Jevi relayed the actual status of her membership. Watching her equip a makeshift hood of her own, he responded to her following question. "If I recall correctly, I've taken the quest at least three times now. Yet somehow, the exact location of the shark eludes me every time." Explained the blonde with a chuckle. "Although if I had to take a guess we shouldn't be too far from it now." Drawing his sword to a readied position, he continued to cautiously lead her through the sandy ocean of the fifth floor.

Jevi blinked in amazement when Oikawa mentioned that he had taken the quest over three times already. ~"T-Three times? You must be pretty strong then." she said with a chuckle, turning to look at the man. Guess Azure brigade really is no joke then.. He said that he was not entirely sure of the position of the shark, which worried her a bit being that they could end up wandering for hours in this desert. However, he said its position should be close. ~"Alright." Jevi said softly, bringing out her own curved blade from her waistband. After a short walk more, Jevi noticed something in the sand off in the distance, a mess of things that was quite tough to make out at their distance. Pointing her finger in that direction, she guided Oikawa towards the wreckage. 

Now that they were closer, Jevi was able to put together just what it was that was partially covered in sand. It was a sailboat, broken open at some sides, the sail ripped to shreds, and empty boxes that once held cargo spread out among the remains of the ship. ~"What the hell is a boat doing here?"  Jevi said as she turned to Oikawa for some sort of answer that she was not expecting. She then turned forward again and walked closer to the boat to see if there was anything left worth looting, or leading them closer to their Sandshark. 

Once she was mere feet away from the hull of the ship, from under the sand just behind the boat came the large jaw of a shark. Jevi watched as its mouth trapped the remains of the sea ship, stumbling backwards to avoid being caught in the sand that poured down its throat. It slammed its teeth shut, causing the ship to shatter, pieces of wood both large and small flying to the sides. ~"[censored]! Guess we found it." Jevi grabbed her sword in her hand and ran forward at the shark, her purple hair flowing in the wind behind her. Bringing the sword straight up over her head, she brought it down hard towards the top of the shark's head. At the same time, the shark pulled the remains of the ship around it down into the sand, avoiding Jevi's sword.

ID: 46828
BD: 1
MD: 3

SandShark: 125/125 (30 Atk)

Jevi: 44/44 (8/11)
Oikawa: xx/xx (xx/xx)

Edited by Jevi
  • 4 weeks later...

The blonde only grinned as the purple-haired lass questioned his strength. "I'd say so, but of course there is always room for improvement." Drawing his own blade he closely followed behind the girl as she pointed out what seemed to be the wreckage of a ship. The wooden splintered out and littered the sandy dunes, visually marking where the ship seemed to have taken it's final stand. As Jevi inspected the remains, and slight shifting in the sand caused the blonde to become uneasy. Just as he figured, the shark burst through the surface and attempted to clamp the girl up in its jaws. She managed to avoid the blow, while at the same time the shark managed to avoid hers.

Stepping up, the Azure General scanned the surrounding sand. Looking for any sign of a breakage in the surface. Just as the the sands rippled, Oikawa focused on the area and prepared his <Charge> and <Flashing Penetrator> sword art. As soon as the shark rose from the sandy depths, the blonde had shot forward and pierced the shark with little to no effort. It disbursed into pixels, dropping loot which Oikawa gladly tossed over to Jevi. "Sorry about that, I forget how much stronger I am now compared to then."

Stats:

Spoiler

Level: 37 | HP: 153/153 | Energy: 37/37

~Equipment~

-Amphibian Teeth [+4 Damage and +1 Paralytic Venom]

-Raikiri II [+18 Mitigation and +2 Paralysis]

-Clasp of the Progenitor [+2 Accuracy and +1 LD]

-Azure General Cloak [Vanity]

~Stats~

Damage: 11 (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 4 Weapon + 5 Skill)

Mitigation: 30 (12 from Light Armor Rank 3 + 18 from Raikiri II)

Accuracy: 3 (2 from Clasp of the Progenitor + 1 from Precision)

Evasion: -0

ID: 48835 BD: 7 (4+3) LD: 6 (Flashing Penetrator = 1 Base + 1 Athletics + 4 Weapon + 5 Skill + 2 Charge = 13 x 11 = 143  DMG)

Party:

[0] Jevi: 44/44 E: 11/11

[1] Oikawa: 153/153 E: 26/37

Enemy Party:

Sand Shark: 0/125 | D: 30 (-143 HP)

~"Gr.. Dammit." Jevi cursed out when her attacked missed the shark. She took a couple of steps back, looking back and forth for any signs of the environmentally-challenged sea creature making a return. After a couple of moments of looking in front of her, she turned to the side and scanned the sand again, she continued doing so until she finally caught glimpse of shifts in the sand. It seemed Oikawa was also aware of the shark's hiding spot, and he prepared his own attack to give it a friendly greeting. With pretty much no effort in the slightest, Oikawa finished off the beast with a piercing attack. Just one hit. Jevi's yellow eyes widened as she watched the white and red pixels fall into the sand around them. ~"...O-Oh..Well that was.... simple.." After claiming the loot from defeating the Sand Shark, Oikawa tossed what he had earned over to Jevi. It was a small potion. ~"Thanks.." she said softly, feeling as if she did nothing to help at all.

Metal met wood as the Azure General's blade clicked back into place. Returning her thanks with a "You're welcome," he let his baby blue eyes meet her aureolin gaze. "Actually, I must apologize. You asked me out here to help and here I am, killing the shark for you. That was very...irresponsible and disrespectful of me." Getting down on one knee, the blonde bowed. "My apologies Jevi." Once she dismissed or accepted his apology, he would rise and look out towards the expanding sea of sand. "I suppose searching this wreckage for some materials wouldn't be a bad idea before heading back. What do you think?" 

She was taken by surprise when the blonde haired man got down on one knee and respectfully bowing to the girl. Her eyes widened for a moment, not sure what was going on, but it turned out that he was apologizing to the girl. She had asked for his assistance in killing the field boss and to keep her alive, yet he was the one who decimated the shark in a single blow. That did not bother the purplette, however. The quest was completed and she would receive the spoils of battle nonetheless. She put both of her hands up sheepishly and gently waved them back and forth, ~"N-No need to apologize. Its fine really." with a slight laugh to match her confused look. After once again raising to his feet, he suggested the two do some hunting of another kind; for crafting materials. She was running rather low after all and could use a couple more. ~"Yeah, we might as well.. There's bound to be something we can use in whatever's left of the ship."

Chuckling to himself as well, the blonde gestured to the what appeared to be the hull of the ship and raised him arm towards it; "After you." Following in after her, he searched through the splintering wooden planks and tattered flags the composed the area they were searching through. Every so often he would look up to make sure the purplette was still in sight. Tearing through more wood, he cleaned out another section with an investigative sweep. "All clear here. Any luck in your search?"

ID: 49773 LD: 11

Jevi walked with Oikawa towards what remained of the sea craft. Judging by its slightly larger size than just a regular sailboat for passengers, it must have carried a larger amount of cargo. However, now that a good third of the boat was made lunch for the large sand shark, they only had what was left to search through, which was not as much as what was missing. The blonde and purplette entered the broken hull of the ship through a large hole in the side. The whole ship was torn to shreds, sand everywhere, sunlight poking through in every direction. Not only did the ship look like it had been through hell, but it looked like it went trough hell a long long time ago. There were still a bunch of wooden crates and barrels littered about the ship, some buried in the sand. Jevi began to search through a tall barrel that was partly sticking out of the sand, but thats all that was in there. Just sand and splintering wood. ~"Nah.. nothing yet. Say, what type of shop do you run anyway?"

ID: 50253
LD: 13 (nothing)

Edited by Jevi

The blonde chuckled a moment at the question as it had been so long since someone had actually asked him what he specialized in. "I'm a Blacksmith actually," responded a voice as he drifted from one part of the ship to the next. "What about you? Do you have a profession?" He let the question hang in the air a bit as he continued to scan over the splintered sun dried wood. With each sweeping gaze, he became a little more discouraged about finding anything worthwhile, but then again what did he expect in sandy wreckage such as this? Returning his attention to the purplette, the blonde awaited her answer.

ID: 50292 LD: 1

Jevi's golden eyes widened in surprise when she heard her companion make mention that he specialized in blacksmithing. She grinned and turned around from the sand filled barrel, ~"Well then, that makes two of us. I'm a blacksmith as well." She turned her head to the far side of the ship and began to walk towards it, ~"And I'm sure someone as powerful as you is a much better blacksmith than myself.. I find myself [censored] up my crafts all the time." she chuckled to herself, rubbing her opposite arm. She had come to a pile of crates, all still in pretty good condition. She used her blade as a crowbar, prying open the top to separate the nails. As she peered inside, she sighed. Nothing again.

ID 50307
LD 13

Edited by Jevi

"Heh, I was the the same when I was just starting. The crafting itself wasn't to difficult but my in-game luck seemed to be rather unfortunate. If you don't mind me asking, what rank are you?" he was curious as he had heard of their being a plethora of blacksmiths but had only had the pleasure of meeting two others. One being his guildmate Lessa and the other being Jevi here. As he allowed her to finish what she was searching through he took one last look around. His gaze glossed over shredded wood and broken crates but stopped when a gleaming item caught his eye. "Well looky there." Gathering the gem, the blonde walked to Jevi and dropped it in her palm. "We got one hehe. We should head back though, it'll be getting late here soon." 

ID: 50309 LD: 20 [+1 Material given to Jevi]

• 2 weeks later...

Seemed like she was not the only one who had bad luck with smithing. Oikawa himself admitted to having his fare share of screw ups in his time, though it seemed those trials only made the man better at what he does. ~"My rank?" She had never really thought about it, she usually just crafted a sword and called it a day. Swiping her hand up to open her menu, she scrolled through her stats and skills until she came across her skill level for her Blacksmith trait, ~"I'm Rank Four. So I'm still pretty low among others. How about you?" As she spoke, she continued to look through crate after crate and dug through sand, trying to find anything she could use. Though, just like her actual crafts, her luck abandoned her. From the sound of his voice, Oikawa had found a material to use. Turning around to look at him, she saw that he had already walked up to her, and placed the item in her hands. She blinked a couple times in surprise, ~"Oh. Thank you." she said gratefully, ~"Yeah. Thats a good point. I'd also hate to be here if that thing decided to respawn on us too.."

"Rank 8" commented the blonde with a grin. He began to exit the wreckage, after nodding in agreement with Jevi. If that thing re-spawned right now, I'd literally one shot it just to watch it disappear and burst into crystals again. Shaking the thoughts away, Oikawa found himself in the dimming light of sunset. Gazing into the sun-kissed sand, he glanced over is shoulder to make sure Jevi had gotten out okay. Once she was out, he would turn back to face the direction of the town. "We should get going." Offering her his hand, he gestured towards the town. "Shall we?"