(SP - F3) Liberation By Force <<Escape>> (Completed)

"Ugh...where am I?"

As his eyes slowly opened Calrex's vision began to focus as he felt himself become fully awake. Out of instinct he wanted to put his right hand forward to help push himself to his feet, but the hand did not come into view, stuck behind his back. Initially he thought it was simply because he had yet to get feeling back in his limbs, but as the seconds went by he realized that his hands were bound behind his back. Sitting upright the bluenette looked around to see that his surroundings were not what he was expecting. He was surrounded by stone walls on three sides, with metal iron bars for the fourth. Looking out he saw a passageway, lit by torches as he saw the shadows depicting movement, "Just what in the world happened?"

Spoiler

To: Teayre
Subject: New Quest

Hey Teayrie, just wanted to give you the heads up. There's apparently a new quest on the third floor that was just discovered, but it appears to be a solo mission. I'll be down there, but I'll be sure to let you know if things happen to go wrong. I'll be careful and make sure this game doesn't get the better of me. Hope things are well with you.

It's been a while since you took off after the dungeon, so I'm certainly missing you and hoping you're alright. If you ever need me be sure to let me know alright?

~Calrex

After sending that message Calrex had gone to the third floor, appearing in the main settlement. Quickly checking with the info brokers the bluenette had exited the village, heading out into the plains to search for the supposed group of roaming bandits that were related to the quest. After scouring the plains for a decent amount of time he was about ready to give up until he came across a camp not too different from the one that he had seen quite a few times from the <<Bandit Camp>> quest. However, upon entering he discovered it to be empty.

It was then that things took a turn that the Ultramarine Knight was not expecting. He was hit with some kind of attack that had a stronger effect than any status affliction he had endured in the past. Stronger than Stun, Paralyze, or even Freeze, this attack simply...knocked him out cold. There was point during his unconscious state that he thought he had died, that all of his efforts in the game were suddenly snuffed out with a single strike. There wasn't even time to ready a teleport crystal.

During the time he was out, the bandits indeed spawned as they took Calrex and brought him to the prison he was currently in, stripping him of all his gear by way of manipulating his menu with his unconscious hand. With that they left him bound up, vanishing into the depths of their fortress.

Struggling to his feet the bluenette gave a small sigh, looking at his current state. The Grand Dragoon, Grand Blade II, and all of the rest of his equipped gear were gone, with the only thing on him being a set or worn rags. "I wonder if this is part of the quest. Well, it's certainly a new experience..."

Sitting down he shifted his hands so that they were in front of him before getting back to his feet. Clenching his hands into fists the familiar yellow glow of the <<Martial Arts>> skill blazed around his hands before he ripped them apart from each other, managing to break his binds at the same time. Rubbing his wrists he looked left and right, "Darn, it appears they managed to..."

Looking across on the other side of the bars the Ultramarine Knight spied a small crate, as well as his peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, in a cage. The bird of prey occasionally attempted to break out with a quick and and talon kick to the cage, but to no avail. Calrex went over to the bars, giving a quick "be quiet" gesture to the bird before he surveyed his surroundings further.

"Guess the only way to get out is to force my way out..."

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Remaining Until Wrought Iron Bars Break)

Looking at the bars in front of him Calrex gave a small sigh before giving them a small flick with his finger. They certainly didn't seem to be in the best condition, most likely worn over time either from simulated age or otherwise. It was likely they would cave with a few strikes from his <<Martial Arts>> fueled Sword Arts. However, it was pretty obvious to tell that if he did so the noise made from his attacks would alert the guards quite quickly. However, he also had taken into account that this floor would not likely spawn anything he couldn't handle, and without any skill with stealth abilities it seemed to be the only viable option.

Bringing his arm back he gave a calming breath before lowering his stance, both his legs and arms glowing alight with the yellow glow of the skill before he unleashed <<Delayed Sword>>. His right foot shot out in a sweeping kick, swiping across the bars before the bluenette's body moved with the momentum, performing a full 360 before his left leg came around in a fully-wound up hook kick at waist level. Finally, the fierce chop from his right hand came forward, striking into the bars.

As he had suspected, the resounding noise of each strike echoed off the bars and through the hallways, but the only thing that seemed to respond from the attempt was a roar of laughter from down the hallway. Most likely an AI reaction to the attempt, the bandits that were standing guard were laughing as if to mock the Ultramarine Knight for failing to break down the bars on his first try. However, as Calrex inspected his work, he was able to confirm that the bars had indeed bowed out from where his attacks connected. They would most likely fall with the next strike.

Swiping on his menu he found no response to his previous message to Teayre, giving a small sigh before he sent out another one to update her on his status.

Spoiler

To: Teayre
Subject: New Quest

Looks like the quest involves you getting captured by bandits. I'm currently breaking out and getting ready to make my way out of their stronghold.

~Calrex

Sending out the short message he looked back at the bars, clenching his hand into a first as the glow surrounded it once again, "Alright, time to get out of here."

(Wrought Iron Bars Broken / Guards Alerted / Encounter in 2 Posts)

With yet another attack the bars quickly boughed out before breaking completely, dissipating into small crystals as the bluenette managed to successfully smash down the bars with his <<Aggressive Twins>> Sword Art. The double barrel punch attack slammed into the bars before they gave out, and with this Calrex had freed himself, "Okay, now to get my gear back...or at least Roc."

"Hey! What was that noise?!"

"Whelp, it certainly wasn't the quietest break out."

Walking over to Roc he opened the cage as the blue peregrine falcon quickly flew out, hovering overhead as it looked over at his teammate, "Alright, Roc, did you see any sign of where they might have taken my stuff?"

The falcon's eyes immediately directed over to the crate that was next to the table the cage was set on. The Ultramarine Knight gave a nod as he approached it, immediately firing off a <<Martial Arts>> powered Sword Art <<Flash Blow>>. As the crate splintered into nothing Calrex turned and heard more commotion from the nearby hallway. Seeing that all of his gear was there he quickly swiped on his menu, "Guess I've got no time to relax."

As the clothing, weapons, and other items vanished into his inventory Calrex gave a small sigh. Looking over Roc had moved to a lookout position down the hallway, readying to signal the bluenette once he spotted the incoming bandit guards.

"Now to get my gear..."

Before he could continue with gearing himself up he felt himself become weary for a second, most likely from the ordeal when he was unconscious. He stumbled to the side before propping himself up against a nearby wall, forcing himself upright, "I...should be fine once I get myself re-equipped...."

(Encounter in 1 Post)

"Let's go check it out. Probably that guy we locked up is getting angsty."

"...Angsty?"

As Calrex got fully back to his feet he heard the whispers of the guards beginning to make their way over to see if the player had broken out of his confinement. Roc confirmed this with a quick screech, meaning that there were bandits coming down the hallway. Cursing under his breath the bluenette began to rapidly swipe on his menu to reequip his gear. The tatter cloth that had clothed his body previously vanished, replaced by the light blue jacket and white shirt for his upper body and dark grey pants and brown boots for his lower body: his casual combat outfit. Second came the next iteration of the armor Teayre had gifted him in the past, the Grand Chariot II. The full body deep-sea blue armor encapsulated his body as he opened his eyes beneath the stoic appearance of the armor.

Third came the Grand Guard, with the two pieces of the shield attaching to his armored forearms. Last, but not least, was the Amethyst Charm, which attached to his neck like a necklace.

"It's been some time since I've worn this particular armament. It certainly feels heavier when what I've sported in the past. Alright then, let's give this a test run..."

Turning towards the hallway Calrex pointed his sword towards the moving shadows that drew closer and closer with each passing second.

"Let's do this..."

Edited by Calrex

(Encounter Activated)

ID: 46078
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 2 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion -1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)
No Action Taken

As he had just finished readying himself for an attack the two guards had appeared, "Hey, how's it going?"

"The prisoner escaped!"

"No kidding..."

Instead of running away to sound the alarm the two guards instead had decided to attack, their spears thrusting forward. Right as the ends were going to pierce they were met by the fully formed Grand Guard tower shield as Calrex placed his two arms in front of him. As this took place suddenly an aura began to form in front of the shield before it suddenly shot out a series of light blue aura chains like a cannon.

The retaliatory attack slammed into the two guards before they promptly dissipated into crystals, the Thorns effect having been more than enough damage to eliminate both at the same time. With a calming breath the bluenette separated his shield into its two halves once again before looking around, "Okay, best get moving before more show up."

Loot List:
2 Materials

HP List
Calrex: 
292/294 (16 DMG (2) - 61 MIT (2) = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 57/57

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 1:
-22/14 (36 Thorns DMG)
Bandit Guard 2: -22/14 (36 Thorns DMG)
DMG: 16
ACC: 1
EVA: 2
MIT: 20

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Until Next Wave / 6 HP Recovered)

With the two guards immediately dispatched Calrex gave a small sigh as he swiped on his menu. In a flash of light the Grand Guard vanished into his inventory, being replaced by the Grand Blade II. At the same time the Grand Chariot II vanished, being swapped out for the Grand Dragoon and the Tide Pendant. With a small sigh Calrex looked as his overall stats began to round out, becoming more balanced out compared to his high mitigation array he was just wearing, "It still seems like this would be more viable if I had Sprint and Acrobatics again, but oh well."

Crouching low the bluenette pressed himself against the wall as he began to make his way down the hallway, making sure to avoid casting as large of a shadow as possible against the scattered torches on the walls.

"I could just got walking around and not worry about being attacked, but I might as well see how far I can get before I end up getting spotted. That way I can change up my play style for a little bit."

Roc followed behind, making sure to stagger his flaps out in order to avoid drawing any attention to the noise created from his wings' movements.

"The extra mitigation is nice, but I guess in some ways it has lowered my overall fighting capabilities. Since I can't have high stats all around I need to focus on only a few. With one build I can focus on defense, attack, and mitigation, while the other is attack, accuracy, and evasion. Well...I guess I'll really need to see how things go."

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263 (+6 HP)
   Energy: 57/57

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Until Next Wave)

As he continued to move through the various corridors of the fortress Calrex kept his breathing shallow to avoid giving any echoes that might help the bandits discern his location. The stronghold seemed quiet so far, even with the brief commotion from his battle with the guards. It was a little bit off-putting that the game was capable of simulating the security patrols and other tactics that would be more akin to real-life situations rather than AI programming.

"They certainly put a lot into making this game feel real. The simulated senses of sight, taste, touch, smell, and so all are replicated to such a detailed level, it is almost as if the designers were aware of what was going to happen, and built the system with that intention in mind. If that's the case, then it just might be that Kayaba had more accomplices in this crime than we originally assumed. I'm sure a lot of players choose to think that only the creator of the game is to blame for trapping us here, but it just might be that the entire design team for this game was in on it."

As he was about to turn a corridor the Ultramarine Knight saw a couple of guards patrolling down it, quickly ducking back around the corner.

"Hey...those two that were guarding the captive seem to have gotten quiet all of a sudden."

"Just leave it. They likely got smashed from drinking too much grog. I don't even know why we decided to keep that blue-haired person around."

"Did you see the gear he was carrying? Must be loaded with col and other things. I'm sure we could make a killing off of what he had."

"Yeah...think again..."

With the two rounding a corner Calrex quickly went down the one they orginated from as he continued to make his way through the halls, "Now where in the world could the exit be?"

(Encounter Triggered / Alert Triggered)

ID: 46100
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +2) = 7
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 14 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 43 Remaining)

As he rounded a corner Calrex gave a quick short gasp as he tried to turn around a corner again. It appears he had come across yet another patrol of two guards. Unfortunately though, this time around the bandits were able to easily spot him. Cursing under his teeth the bluenette was able to overhear the two as they went on alert.

"Sound the alarm! The prisoner as escaped."

"Shoot! I've got to try and cut them off!"

Quickly drawing the Grand Blade II the Ultramarine Knight quickly rushed forward, readying <<Charge>> as he shot forward through the two diamond-petal gates, boosting his speed to a blinding level. The blur of blue quickly angled upwards before Calrex appeared above the two guards. Readying <<Lightning Fall>> the bluenette quickly dropped to the ground as he pierced the ground. The electrical energy shot out and struck the ground, with the energy shooting out and striking the two guards.

However, it seemed he was a split second too late. Right as the bandits dissipated into shards he heard a series of bells ringing throughout the fortress, "Darn it..."

HP List
Calrex: 
261/263 (25 DMG (2) - 30 MIT (2) = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 43/57 (-14)

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 3: 
-15/80 (13+3+2 DMG * 7 Art - 33 MIT = 95)
Bandit Guard 4: -15/80 (AOE)
DMG: 25
MIT: 33

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Until Next Wave / 6 HP Recovered)

"The prisoner is down here! Cut him off at the staircase!"

"How in the world are they tracking me down so quickly? It's like right when I was detected their AIs were set to home in on me or something."

As he heard more footsteps behind him Calrex continued to weave from corridor to corridor, quickly looking left and right at each intersection to see which way might help throw the bandits off of his trail. Roc continued to fly ahead to try and assist, eventually giving a quick screech as the peregrine falcon saw a room that might help the bluenette hide. Quickly ducking into the doorway he quickly pressed against the inner wall where the entranceway was attached. Quickly covering his mouth to help stifle the noise of his breathing the Ultramarine Knight heard the footsteps grow louder before passing by.

Minutes passed before he slowly removed his mouth from his lips, giving a few calming breaths, "Guess I gave them the slip for now. Don't know how long that's going to keep up though, since the alarm bells are still going off like crazy."

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263 (+6 HP)
   Energy: 43/57 (+1)

(2 Posts Until Next Wave / 6 HP Recovered)

"The prisoner is down here! Cut him off at the staircase!"

"How in the world are they tracking me down so quickly? It's like right when I was detected their AIs were set to home in on me or something."

As he heard more footsteps behind him Calrex continued to weave from corridor to corridor, quickly looking left and right at each intersection to see which way might help throw the bandits off of his trail. Roc continued to fly ahead to try and assist, eventually giving a quick screech as the peregrine falcon saw a room that might help the bluenette hide. Quickly ducking into the doorway he quickly pressed against the inner wall where the entranceway was attached. Quickly covering his mouth to help stifle the noise of his breathing the Ultramarine Knight heard the footsteps grow louder before passing by.

Minutes passed before he slowly removed his mouth from his lips, giving a few calming breaths, "Guess I gave them the slip for now. Don't know how long that's going to keep up though, since the alarm bells are still going off like crazy."

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263 (+6 HP)
   Energy: 43/57 (+1)

(1 Posts Until Next Wave)

After it seemed like things had quieted down in his immediate area Calrex left his hiding spot and exited back into the corridors, looking slightly upwards as Roc served as a forward scout, stopping his flight and hovering a few feet away from each intersecting passageway to confirm where the bandit guards were moving.

"I need to start searching for the exit out of here soon. If not I'm going to quickly lose track of my position, which would turn this area into a maze..."

Keeping a firm grip on the Grand Blade II so that it wouldn't cause any unnecessary noise while he moved the bluenette's eyes continued to dart back and forth, looking through his peripherals as he passed by each intersection, seeing if there was some clue as to the general direction he should be going. However, as he continued on each hallways seemed almost identical to the last.

Sliding to a halt as he looked forward he saw that the passageway he was traveling down was coming to a dead end, with Roc confirming this by flying past him back the way they came, "Shoot..."

As he turned around the Ultramarine knight head footsteps coming down towards him. The frequency of the steps meant that they had not completely discerned his location, but were likely moving at an alerted patrol's pace. It wouldn't be long before they were upon him, and there was not enough time to duck down a connecting corridor to get out of sight.

Lowering himself into his fighting stance he gave a calming breath, "Guess I've got to fight again. I need to be aware of my energy. These guys certainly aren't giving me enough time to fully recharge."

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263
   Energy: 44/57 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(Encounter Triggered)

ID: 47045
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +1) = 9
Mob Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +2) = 8 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22 (Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 30 Remaining)

"Wait for it...now!"

Right as he saw the bandits come into view Calrex immediately triggered <<Charge>>, quickly accelerating forward before leaping upward in a long far reaching vault. As he came to be over the two guards the Grand Blade II lit alight with the <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art before descending downwards. Driving the blade into the ground the electricity shot outwards as the bolts of lightning pierced through the two guards.

These two seemed to have been weaker than the last two, as if they had possibly strayed off from the group to try and find where the bluenette was. As the Ultramarine Knight got to his feet he gave a small sigh before checking his energy, "Still at a decent amount, but I don't think I'll be able to keep this up. The guards are spotting me before I'm able to fully recharge my reserves. Eventually I'll be completely out, and that will likely draw these battles out even longer."

Loot List:
2 Materials

HP List
Calrex: 
261/263 (25+1 DMG (2) - 30 MIT (2) = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 30/57 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 5: 
-4/75 (13+3 DMG * 7 Art - 33 MIT = 79)
Bandit Guard 6: -4/75 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

Item Switch: Tide Pendant > Grand Chariot II
Stat Change:
2 > 0 EVA
30 > 48 MIT
3 > 2 LD
Overhealth boosted to 281

Swiping on his menu Calrex gave a small sigh as the Tide Pendant vanished from around his neck before his whole body was once again encapsulated by the Grand Chariot II's armored interior. Opening his eyes he looked through the deep-sea blue helmet before continuing to proceed down through the corridors.

"At this point I should probably have locating the exit take priority over avoiding the guards. I can withstand their blows and have more than enough health to endure their encounters. The main problem is my energy reserves. I need to get out of here before that happens."

Roc acknowledged the bluenette's words before the peregrine falcon flew ahead. Glancing left and right Calrex could hear the metallic clinks of his armor's joints as it moved with each step. Being able to hide and avoid the guards would be nigh impossible now, but at this point he had no time for playing cat and mouse with the bandits. He needed to get out of the prison floor and to the outside.

HP List
Calrex: 
281/281 (+6 HP)
   Energy: 31/57 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Posts Until Next Wave)

"Where is the prisoner?! Find him!"

"I hear footsteps down this hallway!"

"Well, guess it was only a matter of time."

As Calrex heard voices behind him signaling that the bandits were on his tail once again he gave a small sigh before moving into a light sprint. Roc seemed to flap a few times in order to increase his own flying speed to keep his lead ahead of the armored player. Ducking down a hallway the bluenette continued to follow his companion as the bird of prey flew around corner after corner, as if it was guided by something.

"How in the world is Roc able to move through these areas so easily now? It's almost as if he's found some kind of marker or something for the ex..."

Unfortunately, as they rounded another corner a dead end appeared in front of them. Roc settled on the ground, looking left and right, as if it were in disbelief for a second that his path didn't lead to the exit.

Listening behind Calrex was able to hear the footsteps beginning to come closer once again.

"Take him out! I heard him come down this hallway."

"Well, here we go again..."

HP List
Calrex: 
281/281
   Energy: 32/57 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(Encounter Triggered)

ID: 47047
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 3 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 33 Remaining)

Seconds after Calrex readied himself two more bandit guards appeared in front of him. These two appeared to be at about the same strength as the two he had just fought, "Looks like these guys are the more popularly spawned of the group. Alright then..."

"The prisoner!"

Readying his sword the bluenette gave a calming breath as both guards leapt at him. With the Grand Chariot II equipped he certainly didn't feel as evasive as a few battles ago, but nonetheless he still had no problem avoiding the largely choreographed strikes that the two were throwing at him. At this point the attacks didn't even comes close enough to trigger his <<Thorns>> ability on his armor.

Stepping back a few paces the bandits gave a few exhausted breaths before regaining their stances.

"I just hope this battle doesn't get drawn out for too long..."

HP List
Calrex: 
281/281
   Energy: 33/57 (+1)

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 7: 
75/75
Bandit Guard 8: 75/75

Edited by Calrex

ID: 47048
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 10 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2
<<Vertical Square>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 26 Remaining)

As the bandits continued their futile strikes Calrex conserved his movement by only leaning and shifting his positioning by small increments. He wasn't as agile as before, meaning that using quick movements like rolls and flips would only create openings for him to expose weakpoints on himself. Of course he was hoping that the bandits would land a light scratch in order to trigger the <<Thorns>> ability of the Grand Chariot II, but avoiding damage was also key for him to make it out of this area.

An opening presented itself as the bandits stopped to catch their breath. Quickly lowering himself into the stance for <<Vertical Square>> the Grand Blade II quickly lit up with the light blue aura of the Sword Art. Rushing forward the bluenette simultaneously triggered <<Charge>> as he quickly closed the distance. The first strike cut into the first bandit before both were rapidly struck by the following three attacks, being knocked back from the barrage of blows.

Landing on his feet Calrex made note that his energy was below half as he gave a small sigh, "Better end this as soon as I can. I can't allow more of my energy to be used up if I can prevent it."

HP List
Calrex: 
281/281
   Energy: 26/57 (-8+1)

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 7: 
40/75 (13+3+1 DMG * 4 Art - 33 MIT = 35 DMG)
Bandit Guard 8: 40/75 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 47049
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 6
Mob Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2
<<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 19 Remaining)

"Tch...guess I've got no choice..."

Unleashing yet another <<Vertical Square>> Calrex rushed forward and rapidly cut through the two guards once again, knocking them onto their backs with the barrage of four strikes. Looking back at his energy meter once again he saw it running close to a quarter of its total. He gritted his teeth as he brought his attention back to his opponents. The situation wasn't bleak, but it was certainly a reminder of the kind of battles he had come to see as commonplace: His strength was in his endurance and ability to keep battles going for long period of time, not short and sweet encounters. If he could be compared to a runner, he was more likely to be a long distance marathoner than a sprinter.

But, that also gave an increased risk of problem to occur. If every encounter he goes through gets drawn out into a battle, it increased his chances of being put into a dangerous situation.

"Heh, guess I'm starting to either realize or come to terms with that law of diminishing returns idea. No matter, I can gripe and whine about how bad of a character builder I am after I get out of here. No matter what problems I've got with the way I've progressed, if I am still alive, I can count this as a victory."

HP List
Calrex: 
281/281
   Energy: 19/57 (-8+1)

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 7: 
21/75 (13 DMG * 4 Art - 33 MIT = 19 DMG)
Bandit Guard 8: 21/75 (AOE)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 47050
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 2 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2) = 17 (Materials Found)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 20 Remaining)

"Curse it all! Get him!"

One of the two bandits seemed to initiate a combined attack as both moved at the same time, with one leapt so that it could strike at Calrex from above while the other attacked from the side. Calrex saw the opening in the team attack, but as he tried to move he felt his body refuse to respond in the direction he had hoped.

However, this proved to be in his favor as both bandits successfully complete their strikes. Their blades struck against the Grand Chariot II, which seemed to retaliate with more than excessive force as the light blue aura chains instantly formed and shot out aggressively at the two creatures, blasting through them as they dissipated into crystals.

With a small sigh Calrex resheathed his sword, seeing he had gotten another two materials from the battle, "Alright then, now back to finding the exit."

Loot List:
2 Materials

HP List
Calrex: 
279/281 (25 (2) DMG - 48 (2) MIT = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 20/57 (+1)

Enemies:
Bandit Guard 7: 
-15/75 (36 Thorns DMG)
Bandit Guard 8: -15/75 (36 Thorns DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 47051
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2) = 9 (Exit Not Found)
Item Switch: Grand Chariot II > Tide Pendant
Stat Change:
0 > 2 EVA
48 > 30 MIT
2 > 3 LD

With the battle over Calrex and Roc resumed their search for the exit out of the bandit's prisoner holding area, but it seemed that the passageway they were searching for still eluded them. As they continued from corridor to corridor, the stretches of laid stone seemed to blend together at points, as if they were going in circles.

"Well, whoever designed this dungeon certainly did a good job of keeping people from locating the exit. From what I've seen there isn't even a sign or indicator of where the staircase might be."

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263 (+6 HP)
   Energy: 21/57 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Remaining Until Next Wave)

ID: 47053
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Exit Found)

"Wait...is that..."

Looking to his right Calrex saw something at the end of the corridor he and Roc had just moved past. As he checked back it was clear what it was. The length of the hallway was much longer than any of the other parts of the floor, and the light emanating from the end of it highlighted a set of steps leading upwards, "About time, heh. Roc, let's move."

This time taking the rear than the front, Roc kept pace with the bluenette as he rushed towards the steps. What followed was a long, almost endless ascent as the staircase continued to spiral further and further upwards until emerging onto what appeared to be a small rampart. Looking outwards Calrex could see the stretch of field iconic of the third floor as he gave a sigh of relief, "Finally out..."

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263
   Energy: 22/57 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 47247
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 7
Mob Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +2) = 2
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge / Bull Rush>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 13 Remaining)

"It's about time you got up here!"

"Oh great, now what?"

Looking forward Calrex saw that there was one last enemy awaiting him as he exited out onto the rampart. A much larger bandit that was carrying a spiked club. His cocky grin was ever present as his eyes remained locked on the blunette.

"It's been a long time since we fetched ourselves a good person to play with. Now ready yourself to di-"

Before the warden could begin mocking the Ultramarine Knight Calrex had immediately rushed forward, triggering both <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>> simultaneously as he became a streak of blue. His opening strike slammed into the head monster, knocking the wind out as his eyebrows narrowed. 

"I've got no time for this..."

What followed was the rest of the Sword Art as he slashed, stabbed, and slammed repeatedly, hacking the bandit warden apart before leaping upwards, coming down with a helm strike that cleaved the creature in half. Instantly the battle was over as the slain foe burst into crystals.

Straightening up Calrex gave a small sigh as he dusted off his arms, flipping the Grand Blade II into a reverse grip, "I was already just a little bit annoyed with the layout of that prison. I wasn't going to let some NPC rub salt on the wound by mocking me."

Looking over he gave a nod to Roc, "Let's get out of here."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 660 col (Mob HP 132 * 5 col = 660)

HP List
Calrex: 
263/263
   Energy: 13/57 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Bandit Warden:
-22/132 (13+3+1 DMG * 11 Art - 33 MIT = 154 DMG)
DMG: 60

Edited by Calrex