[PP-F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Manta)

"If you do not defeat THE BOULDER, it will crush you in a ROCKALANCHE!" an old NPC man said to Helios. The young man looked at him in the most confused way possible. "Eh, I wasn't even talking to you..." he mumbled. Before he could say anything else, the old man went on about a boulder that was blocking the exit to a cave. "You must destroy THE BOULDER so we can get to the other side!" the NPC explained in his raspy voice. "If you do this for me, I will give you my <<Martial Arts>> skill in return!" he said, spiking the dark haired player's interest. "<<Martial Arts>>... Sounds like that could be helpful. Alright old man, I'll help you out. Where exactly is this cave?" Helios asked the NPC, intrigued to pick up the skill.

"Deep in the mountains lies a cave that the people of these lands have used to trade with each other FOR GENERATIONS!" the man started, pointing towards the direction of the cave, "Up there! That is where you will find THE BOULDER that blocks our path through the vast mountain range. Now go, brave swordsman! Challenge the deadly rock!

Edited by Helios

"Oh, and one more thing! You'll have to use YOUR FISTS to destroy it if you want the skill!" the old man called to Helios. The young, dark haired player sighed as he walked towards the mountain. He was alone today, since his familiar stayed back at the shop to nap. "It's a lot less fun with nobody else around. Whatever, I'll get through this. It shouldn't be that hard. I hope." the man muttered under his breath. As he arrived at the mountain, the player unequipped his curved sword, Kanshou. Upon entering, he noticed the huge boulder that sat in his way. "That's bigger than I had imagined it to be." he groaned, pulling up the sleeves of his shirt.

Inhaling, Helios closed his eyes, getting ready to strike his opponent. Swiftly, the dark haired man lunged towards the boulder, and with a strong punch he managed to leave a bit of a dent in it. "This is going to take forever to finish." the player sighed, stepping back for a moment before readying another punch. Just forty-nine more punches and I win. God I hate rocks. he thought, hoping that the <<Martial Arts>> skill would end up being worth it afterwards.

ID: 45985 BD: 5+1=6
Activated <<Concentration>>. (+1 BD)

Party:

Helios: 56/56 | D: 1

Enemies:

Boulder: 49/50

Edited by Helios

Manta was hanging out on the second floor when she saw someone walking out into the wilderness, in the direction of that infuriating boulder quest. Whether or not the player was going to do the quest, Manta couldnt just let someone go through that alone. And if he wasn't going to do that quest she would just gather up some materials and go home to make some potions. As it turned out she was correct in her assumption, and quite a while later she arrived at the site to see the player start to punch the rock. She opened up her inventory and equipped her gloves, Aod's Fists, before charging forwards and slamming a fist into the rock.

ID# 45986 results:

Battle: 5(+3)=8 Hit! 4 Damage (+5 charge)

Party:

Manta: 132/132

Enemies:

Boulder: 40/50

Surprised to see an unknown woman punch the boulder, he chuckled. She had done a good amount of damage to the rock, much more than Helios was able to do alone. "Thanks a lot. I'm Helios." he grinned, holding out his hand to greet the girl. She had gloves around her hands that clearly boosted her damage. If she plans on staying and helping me, this will go a heck of a lot faster. the boy thought as he moved to slam his fist into the rock once more. Another small dent was made in the rock, and although it didn't do a whole ton of damage, it at least did something.

ID: 45988 BD: 8

Party:

Manta: 132/132 | D: 9 | M: 15 | A: 3 | E: 3

Enemies:

Boulder: 39/50

Edited by Helios

Manta took another swing at the rock before answering the boy. Her fist slammed into it, leaving a tiny crack. Thankfully her hands were cushioned by the gloves that she was wearing, so it didnt hurt her at all. She reached a hand out and shook his. "I'm Manta, and I know how terrible this quest is. Its also not really worth it. I have the skill myself, but Ive never invested points in it. If I had id be doing a lot more damage right now." She explained before turning back to face the boulder.

ID# 45990 results:

Battle: 5+3=8 Hit 4 DMG

Party:

Manta: 132/132 | D: 4 | M: 15 | A: 3 | E: 3

Enemies:

Boulder: 35/50

"Ah, I see. Well, nice to meet you, Manta." the player said, swinging his fist to punch the boulder once more. However, this time, his strike was a bit weaker and didn't actually damage the rock whatsoever. Even if this quest isn't worth the amount of time and effort I need to put into breaking this boulder, I'd might as well finish now that I've started. There's no point in giving up half way through.

ID: 45992 BD: 3

Party:

Manta: 132/132 | D: 5 | M: 15 | A: 3 | E: 3

Enemies:

Boulder: 35/50

Edited by Helios

Manta nodded to the other player. "Nice to see you too. And more than what I was saying before, I like to help get people ready for the front lines. It seems that less and less are joining every week." She said, almost thinking out loud by the end. Her voice had trailed off, and it took her a few moments to pull herself out of it. She reared back and sent a punch at the rock, creating yet another crack in its dreary grey surface.

ID# 45994 results:

Battle: 3 (+3)= 6 Hit!

Party:

Manta: 132/132 | D: 4 | M: 15 | A: 3 | E: 3

Enemies:

Boulder: 31/50 (-4)

Another punch was thrown at the rock, although it once again didn't damage it. I need to put more effort into my punches. Helios thought, before the woman started to speak. "I've been working up to the front lines for a while now. Unfortunately, I'm only level fourteen at the moment. Hopefully I can get some alright experience from this quest as well." the young man said.

ID: 45995 BD: 1

Party:

Manta: 132/132 | D: 4 | M: 15 | A: 3 | E: 3

Enemies:

Boulder: 31/50

Edited by Helios

Manta sighed and threw yet another punch. Thankfully this quest seemed to be going a lot faster than the last time she had done it, probably because she had these gloves and was a much higher level now. She looked over at Helios and smiled, glad to hear that there were still people trying to get strong enough to help out. "Thats great. If you ever need help with other quests, grinding, or just want some company, let me know. Im always happy to help." She said, in a much better mood now.

ID# 45996 results:

Battle: 5 (+3)=8

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 27/50

"Thanks, I appreciate that." he told the girl, thankful he had a front liner who was willing to help him grind. He had Calrex as well, of course, and he could always ask other high leveled players to help him out. But not many had offered their help like Manta had. Swiftly, Helios' fist flew into the rock, dealing more damage to it. "Half way there." he chuckled.

ID: 45997 BD: 9

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 25/50

Edited by Helios

Manta took a deep breath and took a step back from the boulder. She needed a few moments to catch her breath. Helios seemed to be doing a bit better now, which made her happy. She liked seeing people succeed, even if it was only hitting a giant boulder. She patted her rapier at her side. She was still getting the accuracy from it, if not the damage, which was the only reason she was hitting the boulder so often. Well, that combined with the ring on her finger.

ID# 45998 results:

Battle: 1 (miss)

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 25/50

As Manta stayed back for a moment to take a breath, Helios sent his fist straight into the large rock. "So, are you a member of any guild?" the boy asked he woman who stood behind him, stopping for a moment to look at her. The dark haired man was still deciding who he was to join. Teselmar had told him that he planned on possibly joining a guild, but Helios had heard something about him joining Knights of Christ. Jomei had invited the boy to rejoin the Velvet Room, but he was also looking at Amythest Descent. The Azure Brigade was probably out of the question, seeing as he was a lower level. Zel's gone anyway. He was one of the few people I knew in Azure, other than Keith and Kiru, who I was never really well acquainted with. And Keith's not around anymore anyway. I'll figure it out eventually.

ID: 45999 BD: 5+1=6
Activated <<Concentration>>. (+1 BD)

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 24/50

Edited by Helios

Manta moved back in and sent another punch at the rock, creating another crack to add to it's collection. She turned to Helios, smiling. "Yes actually. I dont see the other members much, but thats just because I spend so much time out grinding and doing quests with other people." She sighed, remembering back when she had had motivation to do these things day and night. Now she was just a bit bored with it all. "I'm with Azure Brigade. Its not as great as people say it is. Sure, you have the funds and backing of people with uniques, but it lacks that feeling of family that you want in a guild..." She explained to Helios.

ID# 46007 results:

Battle: 3+3=6 Hit

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 20/50

Helios frowned a bit as he dealt another blow to the boulder, cracking it a bit more. "I know how you feel. I was a member for a little while, and I felt the same way. That was a long time ago though." he replied, his thoughts travelling elsewhere, back to the time when he was a member of Azure. Remembering that happiness he had felt after receiving the invitation that had been sent to him by Zelrius and then he remembered being unsatisfied with it all afterwards. He wasn't even a member for long before leaving the guild.

ID: 46009 BD: 6

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 19/50

Edited by Helios

Manta smiled over at Helios. She had had no idea that he was a member, he must have been a part a long, long time ago, back when his level was considered high. "Yeah. I've sort of considered leaving, but I want to help out and it seems like the best way right now." She replied to him before slamming a fist into the rock again. She could feel the infrastructure of the boulder giving way, it would likely only be a few more hits until it crumbled.

ID# 46090 results:

Battle: 10 Hit! 6 DMG

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 13/50 (-6)

A small chuckle escaped Helios' mouth. "Yeah. Either way, it's your choice. Don't force yourself into doing something you don't want to do though." he smiled, throwing another punch into the boulder, although doing absolutely nothing to it. Too weak, I guess. I'll try again after I take a quick breath. the boy thought, stepping back for a moment.

ID: 46101 BD: 4

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 13/50

Edited by Helios

Manta still wasnt entirely sure what she wanted, although she believed that if she tried she could probably start her own guild, one more intricate and family like than Azure Brigade. Still, she felt as though she would mess up somehow and end up making a carbon copy. She swung her other fist, her hand impacting with the rock once again. "So, are you in a guild now?" She asked curiously. If she was going to make a new guild she would need members.

ID# 46118 results:

Battle: 6 Hit!

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 9/50

Helios shook his head. "No, I'm not at the moment. I was invited to join Velvet Room, but I'm not sure what I want to do yet." he replied, stepping back to the boulder's position and throwing his fist at it. At first, he thought it had cracked, but after looking at it a second time he came to the conclusion that his punch hadn't damaged the rock.

ID: 46170 BD: 5

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 9/50

Edited by Helios

Manta smiled at that. "We could always start our own guild, make it into what we want it to be instead of relying on others to do it for us." She replied, slamming another gloved fist into the rock and creating yet another crack. "I mean, I dont really know what I want to do, but I do know that I want a guild thats a lot closer and less elitist, more like a family than a a collection of players." She said thoughtfully.

ID# 46174 results:

Battle: 3+3=6 Hit!

Party:

Enemies:

Boulder: 5/50 (-4)