[PP F-2] Ghost Trick (Calrex) (Complete)

His eyes opened. Looking around, a grey-haired man named Zeri noticed nobody was around. "H-how is this possible. I thought I was dead. Has Death spared it's cold blooded scythe and gave me a second chance?" Many more thoughts ran through his head as he made an attempt to get up. Suddenly a huge tidal wave of pain consumed his body. "GAH!" Zeri shouted as loud as his body could possibly let him. "I can't lay here, it's not safe." Zeri said to himself as he looked around.

All of a sudden, his mind created a picture of a certain person. Anger suddenly grew within the teen, but was suddenly washed away with claiming breaths. "Now isn't the time for that. One day I'll find him, and when I do..." Zeri said as he saw an opening into a cave just big enough for him to crawl to. "Right now, that's my only option till I managed to recover enough energy to make it back to town. Then after a recover some more. I'll head back to the first floor." 

Zeri then muster up enough strength to forcefully drag himself to the cave opening, grunting in pain along the way. Finally making it to the cave, Zeri leaned himself to the cave wall, grunted in pain once more. Zeri then took a deep breath and closed his eyes, and began to rest up.

Edited by Zeri

"Guess I'd best get heading back to the thirteenth floor. I've done enough on the lower floors for now."

With a small yawn Calrex began heading back from the field zones outside of Urbus, looking upwards to confirm that Roc was still following him from above. It had been some time since he had last seen his wife, Teayre, since she had taken her leave of absence in order to come to terms with her player-killer status and the act that caused it. Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he glanced down at the grass before taking his sword arm back out to gently grasp around the handle of the Grand Blade II.

"I wonder if there's anyone on this floor I can probably say hi to..."

As he swiped on his friends list he looked to see something that made his eyes widen in surprise, "Wait...there's no way..."

There was only one name in close proximity that rang a bell with him, one that he had not seen since he was a lower level player, "But...I swear that his name was crossed off on the stone! How is he..."

Immediately triggering his friend locator Calrex discerned the young man's location before turning to face his destination point, "Roc, go ahead of me. I'll be right there."

After resting for a bit, Zeri felt like he regained a bit of his strength but  he doubts it was enough to successfully make it back to town. "I need to rest a little longer and then I'll try to make it to town." Zeri began to think of something that could help him get into town a lot faster than he first calculated.

"Maybe I should message someone of my location." But then he thought about it. "I doubt that would be successful since I was dead so I doubt it would get through." Resting up was the only option that made sense to Zeri, so he did just that. 

A cool wind managed to find its way into the cave. "That breeze feels really good." Zeri then heard a squawking sound, and from the sound whatever it was, it's close by. The only animals that made that sound that came into his head at the given moment, "It's either an eagle or... a vulture." Zeri didn't see an eagle's nest anywhere nearby so he immediately thought of a vulture. "Crap, not now. I'm not in any condition to be fighting." So Zeri slid back as far as he could so that whatever it was couldn't see him unless it somehow decides to peek it's head inside.

(Stealth Rating: 10)

As Roc soared overhead Calrex entered into the area he saw the tracker broadcasting from as he gave a small sigh, gently resting his hand on the handle of the Grand Blade II, "Alright, supposedly it was in this area. The only question is...if he's really alive or not."

Stepping through the vicinity of a nearby cave the bluenette began to glance left and right, signaling for Roc to lower his altitude in order to assist. The blue peregrine falcon hovered a few feet above the top of his head while Calrex continued to search, "If he really is alive, I wonder what in the world happened that allowed him to survive...I wonder..."

"I wonder if there's a way to help those that fell early on, like Lindow and Noctis...there has to be some way. If they can get a second shot..."

Zeri heard footsteps nearby and crawled back a little more. He heard a voice that he thinks he might know but isn't willing to take any chances, so he waited to be sure it's who he thinks it is.

Then after the person spoke again, it confirmed everything. "It is him." Zeri said happily. "Thank goodness someone I know found me." Zeri then tried to crawl his way out of the cave but without much success. Zeri then managed to stick his hand out of the cave and say, "Hey! I'm over here! I really could use your assistance for a bit!"

"What in the?"

Looking over to his right Calrex heard a voice coming from inside the cave as he saw a hand waving in the air just at the mouth of it. Roc flew over and lightly set down a few feet away as the bluenette made his way over, "There's no way, can it?"

As he approached the entrance to the cave he saw that the hand indeed attached to a person as he finished the rest of the walk over, "Alright, hold on a sec."

Kneeling down he grasped the person's hand by the wrist before helping them to their feet, walking the person out of the darkness of the cave. The light began to bring parts of the payer into view as Calrex's eyes widened in surprise for a second, "There no way...Zeri?"

"Hey Cal." Zeri said with an embarrassed look on his face, almost blushing. Zeri tried to stand on his own, but failing miserably, almost falling down. Now on his knees, Zeri took a look at Calrex and noticed that he was way stronger than he last remembered seeing him. "Wow, he really has gotten a lot stronger. Unlike me..."

Zeri looks at Calrex and said to him. "So how have you been? You look a lot stronger than before." He then looks at the eagle and said, "Bel-Wait...that's not the same eagle I last remembered seeing. What happened?"

"Heh, while you seem about the same as the last time I saw you, but yeah, it's certainly been a while."

Finding a nearby rock Calrex took the silver-haired young man over and set him down as he heard Zeri begin to mention Beleram at the sight of his familiar, "Yeah...well...Beleram's actually no longer with us. He took a hit from a field boss and dematerialized unfortunately. This here is my own personal companion, Roc, a peregrine falcon."

With that he straightened up, "As for what's happened since your absence, well, a lot has happened heh. Right now we're working on clearing the thirteenth floor, with Teayre and I having joined the frontliners in their efforts. At the same time, the two of us actually got married."

With the last sentence he put a hand behind his head as he ruffled the back of his hair.

"Heh, while you seem about the same as the last time I saw you, but yeah, it's certainly been a while."

What Calrex said had brought Zeri's confidence down a little bit, despite the fact of it being true. "Y-yeah. I guess I am the same." Zeri said to Calrex a little meekly. Then Calrex mention about what happened to Beleram. "I'm sorry to hear that." Then Calrex said to Zeri that Teayre and him had both join the front lines. "Wow. Calrex and everyone else is getting stronger while I'm just sitting here doing nothing. How can I help anybody if I'm too weak to protect myself."  

Zeri then got up, walked past Calrex and grabbed his sword. He then looked at his sword and said, "Is this a curse to still be standing here? Am I'm still here just to watch everyone get stronger while I stay exactly where I am in strength?"

Calrex gave a nod as he gave a calming breath, listening to Zeri speak. Thinking about it for a bit he put his hands into his jacket pockets before responding, "I guess one could say it's a curse, because it means you're still trapped in here, but your second sentence can easily be remedied. It's not like you're stuck out of time. Once, and if, you're able, you can always become stronger in this game. There are still many people who are only recently deciding to start adventuring in order to help assist in the effort to finally reach the 100th floor. The way things are right now isn't going to be the be-all end-all."

"Heck, we all started at Level 1. I still remember back when Zelrius and Tristan were leagues ahead of me, and now I'm able to stand side-by-side with them and everyone else on the front lines as an equal."

Listening to Calrex speak, Zeri began to feel a little conflicted on how he feels about the situation. "Yeah, we are still trapped in here, but I'll never be able to catch up to you and the other frontliners." Zeri looked up at the virtual sky, in search for some sign of hope for him. "Will I be able to help anyone out?" Zeri accidentally said out loud. Then Zeri equipped his Cuirass of Immortality just to have it on him again. Then Zeri looked at Calrex and asked him, "What drove you to become a frontliner?"

"Heh, well first of all never say never. I originally thought that I would be still leagues behind the frontliner players when I first started out, and apparently it seems like I caught up and even surpassed them in level. In the end it all come down to diligence. If you really want to try and join the frontlines, it really just comes down to how hard you work towards it."

As Zeri asked him about his reasoning to join the higher level players in floor clearing Calrex gave a quick thought before responding. It was something he had spoken about with Takao in the past, and even now his reasoning rang true to himself, "To be honest, if things had probably gone a different way, I wouldn't have strived to become as strong as I have now. I already know that if I do not, or did not choose to fight on the frontlines, someone else will inevitably take my place. As amazing as this place is, only a few people would prefer Aincrad over the real world to live in. What drives me...if really all the people I've met in my adventures on these floors. I want to see them all reach the end of this game. With even day gone by in this game is another spent in a coma-like state in the real world. My drive is to see if I can use what strength I've been given to help everyone else, because in the end I hope that everyone may benefit."

"Heh, well first of all never say never. I originally thought that I would be still leagues behind the frontliner players when I first started out, and apparently it seems like I caught up and even surpassed them in level. In the end it all come down to diligence. If you really want to try and join the frontlines, it really just comes down to how hard you work towards it."

"I guess you're right." Zeri said in response to Calrex's statement. "I guess I shouldn't give up hope too soon. Maybe I can get stronger than what I am right now." Then Zeri listened as Calrex gave him an answer to his question. After Calrex got finished, Zeri said to himself, "What reason do I have..." Zeri had a disappointed look on his face until he had heard something. Zeri raised his sword and said to Calrex while waiting for whatever that made that sound to show up, "You heard that Cal?"

ID: 47322
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
<<Howl>> (+3 Hate to all enemies)

"Yeah..."

Calrex turned his head as he heard the skulking movements nearby. As the object that was making the noise emerged from the brush he looked to see a rather large wolf become visible as it bared its fangs, giving a deep growl.

With a calming breath the bluenette flipped his sword into a reverse grip as he raised it upwards, the sword becoming covered in the light blue aura of his <<Howl>> skill. As his armor resonated the same energy he pierced the ground with his sword, the power releasing around him in the form of a monstrous roar. The sound wave shot past the wolf as it turned to face him, marking that the Ultramarine Knight had gained the aggro.

"Let's take this thing down and get back to the safe zone. Got enough energy to fight?"

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 267/267
   Energy: 58/58
(Hate: 0) Zeri: 20/20
   Energy: 5/5

Enemies:
Alpha Wolf:
 100/100
DMG: 25

Edited by Calrex

Zeri watched as the object came from out the bushes. Zeri eyes then widen in fear as he saw the alpha wolf and the amount of health it had. Zeri took a couple of steps back out of fear and said, "T-that thing c-could possibly k-kill me in one hit." Zeri was so afraid, he couldn't think straight. Then Zeri saw that he activated his <<Howl>> skill. "C-can I actually kill this thing." Zeri said in self doubt. Zeri didn't know what to do, yet along if he could do it. Zeri had to try or he was dead for sure. He then closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them, his eyes became fixated on the wolf. Zeri ran up towards the wolf raised his sword up high. "Take this!" Zeri said as his sword glowed red, activating his <<Avalanche>> Sword Art. He swung his sword down, successfully damaging the wolf and at the same time stunning it. He then made his way back towards Calrex, waiting for him to make the next move.

ID: 47405 BD: 9 (critical)

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 267/267
   Energy: 58/58
(Hate: 2) Zeri: 20/20
   Energy: 1/5

Enemies:
Alpha Wolf:
 95/100 4*(1*1) +1 <<Avalanche>> (stunned)

Edited by Zeri

ID: 47434
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 51 Remaining)

With Zeri making his own attack Calrex gave a nod as he saw the wolf become frozen in place by the powerful attack. It wasn't close to the amount of damage the bluenette could dish out with his own attacks, but it was a formidable strike nonetheless, especially when the attack also stunned the oversized creature. With a quick rush forward he executed <<Deadly Sins>> as the Grand Blade II lit alight with the dark purple glow of the attack. Flipping his sword arm into a stabbing position he unleashed seven piercing thrusts that traced the pattern of the Big Dipper in the wolf's side before completing his attack.

Looking back he confirmed the creature was on its last legs, with only a sliver of health remaining as he signaled to his teammate, "Alright, finish it off!"

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 267/267
   Energy: 51/58 (-7)

Enemies:
Alpha Wolf:
 4/100 (13 DMG * 7 Art = 91 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Zeri watched as Calrex attack the Alpha wolf, which nearly finished it off in only one strike. Zeri then became showered in self doubt once again. "Compared to Calrex, my attack didn't mean anything to it...Why do I have to be so weak..." Zeri said to himself out loud. Zeri knew that Calrex was in a whole other league than he was, but seeing Calrex nearly taking the wolf down with ease really made Zeri doubt his own strength.

"Why..." was the only thing Zeri managed to get out of his mouth before Calrex had asked him to finished that battle. Zeri then picked up his blade and dashed towards the wolf, in hope of finishing the battle. Zeri stabbed the wolf near the exact same spot Calrex had landed his last attacked at, finally killing the wolf. Zeri then noticed that the alpha wolf had dropped sol col and picked it up.

ID: 47437 BD: 10 LD: 18 

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 267/267
   Energy: 51/58 (-7)

Enemies:
Alpha Wolf:
 0/100 4+2=6

Obtained 500 col

With the battle complete Calrex gave a small sigh of relief as he resheathed the Grand Blade II, looking over as his teammate as he gave a nod, "Nice work. It looks like you haven't lost your combat capabilities in your absence. I think if you keep at it you'll do just fine. With some better equipment you might even soon be capable of taking on almost all the currently unlocked quests by yourself."

He gave a friendly smile as he put his hands into his jacket pockets. "Of course it's possible that comparing himself to me might not be the best influence, but if someone were to see me not as a rival in some kind of bad lighting, well, I hope that I can at least serve as a positive role model to work towards. I'm glad I made that kind of positive influence on Tak, so hopefully Zeri might be able to drive himself forward as well."

"Nice work. It looks like you haven't lost your combat capabilities in your absence. I think if you keep at it you'll do just fine. With some better equipment you might even soon be capable of taking on almost all the currently unlocked quests by yourself."

"I guess that you're right, but it's going to take more than that." Zeri said in response to Calrex's comment. Zeri sheathed his sword and thought about the battle. He thought about how much easier the battle would've gone if he had not been so weak. He also thought about the possibility of being close to Calrex's level. Zeri wanted to get stronger so that he can be at least close to his friend's and rival's(in a good way) level and possibly challenge him to a fight one day.

Zeri then turned around to Calrex and asked him with more determination than anyone in Aincrad could have at the one moment, "I know you won't be available every time because you have your own things to do, but whenever you have some time to spare, can you help me get stronger?"

Calrex gave a friendly smile and a nod at Zeri's request, "Sure thing. It certainly can be busy on the frontlines, but for now things seem to be mostly quiet, so if you're in need of some assistance on quests feel free to let me know."

Looking around the Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh as he put his hands in his pockets, "In any case, we'd best get moving towards the settlement. I'm sure we can hold our own just fine out here for a while, but I think we'd be better off having you recover back in the safe zone that out here."

Swiping on his menu he pulled up the directions back to the settlement as he saw the marker appear in his HUD, "Alright then, all set?"