[F13-PP] Looking Towards a Home (Zandra) COMPLETE

Jomei's body materialized onto the familiar dead zone of Floor Thirteen, right in the heart of Angel's Point. As he felt the solid ground below him once again, he heard the sounds of bells chiming. He must have arrived just in time for the towns people to start their prayers. Once he had his vision, he looked up at the steeple of the church where the bell was swinging back and forth, someone on the inside making it do so. He stepped from the platform and resumed his walk through the town, watching as person after person, turned towards the tower in prayer.

The last time Jomei was here was when he went on a hunting trip on his own to get a nice bit of col and various materials to trade in shops for his new gear. Being one of the higher floors as such truly proved to be useful for him, he hoped to the the same today. This time, however, he was not planning on venturing out on his own. He had honestly not seen the girl much in the past couple of weeks, being something had been bothering her. It saddened him that his own girlfriend was being distant.. but that did not stop him from sending out a message and inviting her on this trip. 

Zandra,

I am going out on a hunting trip on Floor Thirteen. I am not sure if you still wanted to be left alone or not.. but I would enjoy your company. If not.. I understand. I just hope everything is alright.

Jomei

After sending off the message, he swiped his hand downwards to close his menu. He took to leaning against a nearby shop's wall, and waited to see if the girl would show. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zandra had spent the day just like she had spent most of the days the last couple of weeks. After that terrible day. She had just been sitting in her armchair infront of the fireplace, staring into the dancing flames. Thou she was away on some boss fighting awhile ago. After that she felt a little better. Thou she regretted that she havent told Jomei what it was that had made her break the contact with him. She also felt guilt for not telling him. Even her potion brewing wasnt fun. And when she tried, it have always failed. Thou she knew she had to get it together some day. Thats when she got a message. She opened and red it. It was from Jomei. It seemed he was gonna go on that hunting trip they have talked about so they will be able to get themself a house. She wrote a very short message back.

omw

Zandra

She took a pair of potions and left. Her feets left deep footprints in the snow after her. She tried to hurry, but something held her back. Didnt she wanted to meet him? Of course she did. Thou she knew when they was alone, she never could lie or hide secrets from him. She entered the warp gate and a few moments later she was at thirteen. She gulped before exiting the portal. When she had only taken a few steps she spotted the irishman and walked over to him. She swiped thru her menus until and a pair of potions apread in her hand.''H.. Hi.'' she said with a nervous tone in her voice.''Ehm... I brought damage potions to increase our effectiveness.'' she said. She stretched out one off the bottles to him while drinking the other herself. The thick blue liquid flush thru her throat, sharpen her teeths and making them as hard as dragonscale.''So, how your doing?''she said, suddenly beeing very interested in a small rock behind her foot.

-Damage +3 potion x2 (1 for Jomei, 1 consumed) New damage: 12+6=18

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei waited and waited on the girl, but it almost seemed like she was not going to come. He let out a heavy sigh, but was followed by the soft chime of bells; she had answered his message. He quickly brought his hand up and tapped the icon to open the message. She sent back a very brief message, 'o.m.w'. It lacked enthusiasm completely, and made him feel like she did not want to see him. He fell back against the wall, a sad look on his face as he stared at the gravel in front of him. He just stood there, hands in his pockets, waiting for the girl to show up.

After a short while, a little bit longer than he would have expected, the girl showed up. The look on her face was just as distant than her message to him. He watched as she approached, "Hey." he said to her, to which she replied very nervously. There was a short silence between the two, before Zandra handed one of the damage potions to Jomei "Thanks.." He took the potion and looked at the blue liquid through the clear glass container. He pulled the cork out using his teeth and let the potion pour down his throat. He immediately felt a tightness in his muscles for a moment, as if he was flexing, and his teeth felt sharper. "I'm.. okay. We should start heading out." 

The two began to walk through the town in silence. Jomei thought about just what to say to Zandra. "Zan.. can we talk?" he gently placed his hand on her shoulder to stop her. He would not be able to concentrate with them both like this. "Why are you acting this way towards me? It makes me feel like.. .like you don't want to be with me anymore..." The man frowned and looked down at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck. 

+1 +3 Dmg Potion
-1 +3 Dmg Potion (New Dmg = 16) 

They walked thru the town side by side without saying a single word to eachother. She gulped several times. Tried to find out something to talk about. But her brain was empty of ideas. After awhile Jomei broke the silence. He wanted them to talk. That was a good idea. They wouldnt be able to act fully functional, not when beeing in this mood. They both stopped. Even when he talked, Zandra kept her eyes on the road. First, of course he asked why she was acting like this. Then said he thougth she didnt wanted to be with him. After the last words Zandras head quickly turned to look at him with wide open eyes, staring at him like when beeing surprised. After a few seconds she relaxed a bit."To leave you, thats the last thing in the whole world Id do. I love you of all my heart." She moved her hand softly over his face, brushing away some hair. Her big red eyes looked into his green."That is why Ive been... you know... taking distance from you. You know that when beeing together with you, alone like this, I cant lie nor keep anything secret from you." Her underlip shaked and eyes got shiny."If... if I told you. I knew youde hate me and ne... never want to see me again."shr blinked a few times. She bite togethet her teeths to get her voice steady again."I... Ive done some.. something terrible." She got hard to breath, her eyes got wet again. She gulped several times."Jomei. I have..." tears started to roll down her cheeks."I have killed someone."after the last word her stomach turned inside out. She pushed him away from her and stumbled to nearest wall and threw up. She held her arms on the wall and leaned on it, her back towards the street. There she hyperventilated with tears dripping from her chin.

From Zandra's reaction, it seemed as though she was actually going to talk to him this time. She kept her eyes off of him though.. which continued to break his heart. After he mentioned that he felt she did not feel the way she did about him anymore, she turned around quickly and finally made eye contact with him. That alone made the man feel relieved. Her words after that, as she walked towards him, caused him to close his eyes and smiled. He opened his eyes again and looked into hers when he felt her soft hand on his cheek, moving some of the hair from his eye. At least that was not the problem.. but then again.. what was wrong?

His smile disappeared as he waited for the girl to tell him just what had happened that made her this way. Her lips began to quiver and her eyes teared up at the thought of Jomei hating her.. after telling him just what had happened. Now he felt as though he really needed to know. That was when she finally revealed what had happened; she had killed someone. His eyes widened and his mouth hung agape. The girl pushed him out of the way, causing him to stagger backwards. She ran over to one of the walls around them and threw up. Jomei listened to her gags and  Zandra had.. killed another person..? His green eyes went from the girl to the cursor above her head. It was still green. He slowly walked over to her, not even sure what to say to her. Gently, he put a hand on the girl's shoulder and spun her around to face him. He looked into her eyes, red irises soaked with tears. He pulled the girl into his chest and held her tightly, wrapping his arms around her. One hand on the back of her head, the other on her lower back. 

Suddenly a strong arm spun her around and looked into her eyes. The green eyes that belonged to the man she loved. She looked into them and then she got pulled close to him. Both his arms embraced her and held her close to his chest. She felt his body warmth. She was so glad she didnt had her armour on. The man held her thight. She gulped and sniffled.''What, what are you doing Jomei? Dont you hate me for what I have done?'' she was taken by surprise from his action.''I thougth you would turn around and leave me, to never see me again.'' she closed her eyes, leaned her cheek on his chest.'' Her inside was in chaos. She felt happy and relieved to finally talk to someone about what she had carried without telling anyone for several days, she was scared that Jomei would walk away and leave her, she was ashamed to acting like a little cry-baby.

Jomei held his grip on Zandra, not releasing any of the tension of his embrace. Something was bothering her, apparently she had murdered another player. Though.. there was something that was keeping him from thinking that to be the entire truth. "Zan..." he spoke softly. "You couldn't have killed someone. Your cursor is still green. You know it becomes orange when you kill someone." he smiled, trying to stay hopeful. There was no way she could have killed someone.. was there? But.. what about those times where she loses control.. What if she killed someone then? But again.. her cursor was green. Jomei was completely confused about the situation and not sure what to say. What if she really had killed someone out of cold blood? How would he react.. He eventually put it behind him with Lowenthal.. and he had yet to know why Ssendom did so. But then other players that he didn't know the situation, the old Zelrius, Daeron, Mari.. their reasons to him were still a mystery. "Just... explain to me what happened." 

She got taken by Jomeis comment that he thougth she couldnt kill someone. Like there realy have to be an explenation about what she realy meant. She gently made him loosen her grip around even since she loved it so much. But it was easier to talk this way."Ehm. It all started with when I was on one of my strolling days in town of beginning to look for low levels thats in need of a helping hand. That day I met someone that wanted to learn to use the whip. I was glad and told him that it was a pretty rare weapon thru Aincrad. You dont need any details there but he started to act like he was my superior. Said I didnt knew anything of beuty or perfection and other stuff." She got a sad face when remembering that day."We got attacked by the weakest wolf Ive seen and I thougth maybe he could show me his skills. Then a much stronger wolf appeared. I got rid of it and then he humiliated me, saying I had no grace and shoul..." her sad face turned angry and the voice as well. But not towards Jomei, that was the feelings her story awoken in her."Then I had enough. I disengaged and let him take care of it alone. But he couldnt."her mood changed again. Her eyes got shiny."He made me hate so much that I let him die. I could have slayed that wolf in my sleep. But I let it kill another player."a single tear rolled down her cheek and she took a step forward. Putted her arms around his neck.

So he was right, she was not the one who drove the knife into the victim's heart, hence the lack of orange cursor. However, what she did do was let this lower leveled player die, when she had every opportunity to save him. He let out a long, saddened sigh, with also a hint of relief. It didn't make him happy to know that she let another man die, despite how much of a pretentious asshole he may have been. At least she did not actually kill someone out of cold blood though. He closed his eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck, and he took a deep breath in through his nostrils. He opened his eyes again and looked into hers, "I.... honestly don't know what to say... I'm relieved that you did not actually kill him... but.. do you really think he.." He stopped speaking when he saw the tears swell up in her eyes, "I'm.. sure you had your reasons.."

She looked at him. She couldnt tell what he was thinking. He seemed relieved that she didnt killed him by attacking him. Thou he see speechless. But she couldnt blame. She had no idea how act if the roles was changed."You wasnt there. Ive never been good at describing feelings. I dont know how to describe it. But it wasnt meant to kill him. Just beeing hurt. Thou then in my anger I forgo..." she looked down for a few seconds. Then she looked at him again, looking deep into his eyes."Please promise to answer completly honest on my next question. I can handle it."she took a short breath."Do you hate me now?"

Jomei looked the girl in the eye and frowned, speaking softly, "Sandra..I could never hate you. You mean too much to me."  He brushed the girl's hair with his hand, letting his fingers flow through her long ebony locks. "We've all made mistakes.. you know that. I mean.. just a couple of days ago, I almost killed all of us when we fought the Sea Wyvern... The fact that you are spilling your feelings to me now, and showing me just how much you regret not helping this man, it tells me that you really did not mean any harm." He finally managed to smile warmly at the girl, "You've always been one of the kindest, most caring people I've ever met. Nothing you have ever done, that I have seen at least, has been with corrupt intentions." 

When she herd her real world name that she have only herd a very, very few times since coming to Aincrad, she looked at him. What he told next made her blush. Was she realy the kindest. She even got a smile from him. By lifting her heart of this heavy burden and beeing with the man she loved realy made her relax."Well, you did an awesome job driving the boat. Oh right, sorry for acting like a bitch back then. Also, I think that fight, even if I got fysically damaged. It maybe saved my psycological self. Which from my opinion is more important. Actually, I know someone that is at least as kind as me. That person is standing infront of me." She said. She hrabbed his hands in hers and put on a smile. Not to hide a secret or lie, but to show him she felt much better and was becoming happy. 

Jomei rubbed the back of his neck and grinned, "There's the smile that I missed." He felt the girl's hand gently wrap around his, and he pulled on her arm so she stepped forward, closer to him. Closing his eyes, he brought his head down towards her and pressed his lips against hers, rubbing her cheek with his other hand. After a short moment, he pulled away and smiled again. "Now, we have business to attend to." He took his hand away and crossed his arms, "We have a lot of work to do if we are going to save up the col to buy a nice house.. So, let's get started, shall we?" Almost forgetting, he swiped his hand up, causing the small gray box to open. After a couple of taps here and there, he send a party request over to Zandra with a smile. 

First he said this was the smile he had missed, and then he gave her a kiss on it. Zandra closed her eyes and answered it, while feeling the warmth of his hand on her cheek. Now it seemed that the both was in a better mood, and prepared to start with the thing they actually had came here for. She nodded at him.''Yeah, I guess its time to start now.'' she got the party invite from Jomei and didnt hesitate to accept it. She took forth her whip.''Are you ready to go to work?'' she asked the weapon she held in her hands. Of course it didnt answered. Then she attached it to her whip.''Im ready.''

"Alright, then lets go."  The sour mood Jomei had been in for the past week or two, now that he knew what was wrong with Zandra and was able to help her with the situation, was gone. He had now, mostly, returned to his cheery self. Though, in the back of his mind were two heavy weights on him. One was his last quest with Zandra, Opal, and Calrex. It had gone.. less than nicely. He almost got himself and the others killed.. because he was pissed off. He thought he was going to lose everyone's trust, especially after Opal's lashing out towards him. Second was the status of The Velvet Room. They were down to three members, and he knew that it would not last for long. As soon as the system realized how little members there were, they would be shut down. He knew they did not have long to save it. He kept a smile on his face though, for Zandra's sake. 

Jomei's boots stepped from green grass, to dead and decaying dirt, which represented the border of Angel's Point and the wasteland. The man brought his right arm across his torso and wrapped his fingers around the handle of Saint Andrew's Bane, his thumb facing towards the guard. Extending his arm outward, the blade revealed itself with the sound of scraping metal. In front of them, off in the distance, were groups of corrupted souls. These once-humans had pale, cracked skin oozing with a purple vapor. Their eyes were gone, leaving only dark sockets. They all represented their old lives, lumberjacks, housewives, politicians, and soldiers. "You ready Zan? Hm... why don't we make this a bit more fun.."  He turned to look at the girl, grinning with his sharpened teeth, "Lets make a little wager and see who can take out more mobs. Whoever loses, buys dinner." 

"Ready.. Set.. Go!" Jomei called out to start off the competition between the two. He immediately started off with his charge skill, looking to use the same technique as the last time he was up here. The man ran forward at top speed, straight into the body of the first corrupt villager. His shoulder connected with its jaw, knocking it off balance. At the same time, Jomei charged up his Crucifixion skill, letting the system take over his sword's movements and slashing at the villager's body multiple times, creating a large cross. With the last hit, the villager turned to pixels and crashed into the ground.

((For now, lets take on different mobs, so we can just fight 1v1 and get more col/mats.)

ID 47790
BD 8(+4) = 12
Charge Activated:
Crucifixion: 6x16(+2) = 108 - 89
MD 7(-3) = 4
CD 7
LD 6 
+1 Mat

Jomei: 153/153 (31/37)

Corrupted Soul: 76/76
Dmg: 39 Mit: 19

Totals:
Mats: 1 
Col: 0
Mobs: 1

With a lets go from Jomeis side, they continued their walk towards the Col farming. Another smile started to grow on her face. A smile of excitment. This was the first time she was gonna go on a farming expedition tegether with someone. And who would be better then the one in her life. She glanced at him. Then her own smile faded out a little. Maybe she couldnt lie to Jomei or keep secrets from him and he always sees thru her face-expressions. Thou she knew how many times he must have ignored it so she let it be this time. Didnt wanted to bring up another sad subject right after this. But maybe later.

When the couple exited Angels point, Jomei pulled out his rapier. Zandra looked at him with a little grumpy expression.''That is something Im sometimes jealous of every non-whip users, you can pull forth your weapon in such gracious ways. Look at me.'' she took a grip of the whip with her right hand and moved it from the hip.''Wow! Realy awesome right?'' she said ironically.''

Then they spotted a group of corrupted souls some bit ahead. She rembered when she was on a place looking like this. It was filled with crazy weak corrupted ones to be a perfect place for her material farming. She guessed these ones was much stronger and now she would go for one at a time. Then Jomei said they should make wager. The one killing fewest mobs gonna buy for the dinner.''Hey! You know that your attacks co...'' more she couldnt say before he had used his charge skill and was already at the first mob.''Oh maaaann...'' she said and started to run instead of charge.

While she ran, she hda to be sure to land the first hit, so to be sure she activated her consentration skill, focusing on a corrupted soul that had been some kind of warrior in his previous life. She let her whip fly thru the air and when it reached the man, it soun around his neck. She got a tight grip and then pulled the whip, making him fly thru the air above her and slammed down on the other side. Then she repeated the procedure but way back. He slammed down and his health diaperd in one single attack. When the reward screen she got some Col and an extra material.''Thanks Zita!'' she shouted to the eagle that circled above the battlefield.

ID: 47793
BD: 3+2+1=6 Hit 18x2x8=288-57=231 Damage
MD: Dead before action
LD: 18+1=19 +1,824 Col

Zandra: 148/148 (21/37)
Corrupted warrior: 0/228

Total loot:
Col: 1,824
Mats: 2
Mobs: 1

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Pulling his sword back, Jomei looked over to see that Zandra was easily finishing off her target as well. As his lips hooked into a smirk, baring some of his teeth, he let out a light chuckle. "Looks like I might actually have some competition.. Guess you finally brought your whip skill up huh?" As he spoke he turned forward again to catch the sight of another soul. This specific one looked like a soldier, but maybe it was only a recruit, for its armor looked weak. Jomei used his Charge skill once again to run forward, but this time his target was a large tombstone sticking out of the ground right next to the zombified man. With one large step upwards, he kicked off of the tombstone and spun his leg around, kicking the soldier in the face. Its leather helmet flew off as it crashed into the ground. Jomei followed suit by pinning it down with his foot, stepping on its shoulder, and using his Crucifixion skill once again to slice it up until it was a pile of white crystals. "Gah.. still no col.. maybe I need to fight something tougher.."

ID 47805
BD 6
Charge Activated:
Crucifixion: 6x18 =108-19 = 89
MD 10
LD 9
+1 Mat

Jomei: 153/153 (26/37)

Corrupted Soul: 0/76

Totals:
Mats: 2 
Mobs: 2

When the last crystal had faded out into nothingness, she herd her boyfrind complimenting her whip-art. It seemed like he didnt thougth he would have any competition when he placed the weager.''Well, if you train hard enough, everytrhing is possible. Even a support consentrated girl can grandmaster her whip.'' she winked at him. Next moment his attention seemded to be taken by someone else and he went back to figthing. She herself started to charge up her strongest sword art herself. She looked over the battlefield to choose her target. Then she saw another knight with heavy armour. She smirked when she darted forth, but since she lacked the charge skill it took longer for her. Behind her she herd that Jomei didnt got any Col this time either. Then focus went back to the knight. She placed her left foot infront of her and slided a bit before stopping. Then she activated the sword art, the whip gripped around his neck and she threw him on the ground, then she threw him back and his health dropped to zero. It exploded and she got rewarded. She had already got more then three thousand Col, but Jomei none.''Luckily I have got at least a little.'' she shouted back to him.

ID: 47858
BD: 8 Hit 18x2x8=288-57=231 Damage
LD: 12+1=13 +1,824 Col

Zandra: 148/148 (6/37)
Corrupted warrior: 0/228

Total loot:
Col: 3,648
Mats: 3
Mobs: 2

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei extended his lower lip and pouted when he heard Zandra mention she had earned a little bit of col from the mobs. He was never really lucky with random loot drops, pretty much in any game. And if it ever really did happen, it was not much. Though, it never bothered him much, especially in SAO, for he never had any true reason to save up as much money as he is now. For one, he has a purpose for doing so. However, as he struck down the next mob in his path, using a combination of his Charge and Neutron skills, his luck did not seem to improve. As his blade passed through the villager who seemed to once be a fisherman, the small screen claiming he had only obtained a crafting material popped up. "Dammit!" he cursed to himself. 

ID 47860
BD 10
Charge Activated:
Neutron: 5x16(+2+2)= 100 - 19 = 81
MD 6(-3)
LD 6
+1 Mat

Jomei: 153/153 (22/37)

Corrupted Soul: 0/76

Totals:
Mats: 3
Mobs: 3

After only two attacks Zandra had already emptied almost all of her energy. She knew she wouldnt get as much Col when she used as low sword arts as she knew that her current energy would be enough for. So instead she decided to wait for it to refill and then go back to slaying. She knew that Jomei would win the weager then. Oh right, the weager. No, she couldnt lose it, or at least she wouldnt give up. She looked around and saw a man with a lumberjacks axe in his hand, slowly comming towards her. She saw her energy refill with a single point. She charged up her strongest sword art she had enough energy for. When she felt it was ready, she activated it. She first ran the few meters towards the mob, then made a front flip and slayed the man with one vertical strike.''Crap, it seems like your unluck have comanitated me.'' when she didnt got any Col from it.

ID: 47861
BD: 4+2=6 Hit 18x2x8=126-25=101 Damage
LD: 8+1=9 No extra loot

Zandra: 148/148 (0/37)
Corrupted lumberjack: 0/100

Total loot:
Col: 3,648
Mats: 4
Mobs: 3

Edited by Zandra Zvift