[F3-PP] Promised Date (Grave) COMPLETE

Grave made some mention to what the Japanese say before eating. She had no idea what he was talking about for a moment as she chewed the food, a curious look on her face. Then she blinked in surprise when she realized she had, in fact, heard the word before. ~"Oh yeah!" She said, the chewed up remains of the nori roll still in her mouth, only to be swallowed seconds later. ~"I remember Opal saying that.. The one night I had dinner with her and her master at the temple." she laughed, grabbing a piece of the sashimi off of the plate and holding it in front of her. ~"There were some pretty strict rules at that place.. I had to actually wear one of Opal's kimonos." She placed half of the raw fish in her mouth, ripping the small morsel in half with her teeth. ~"And its delicious.. I honestly never doubted you were as good a cook as you claimed to be." she said with a wink as she chewed up her food.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jevi seemed to be reminiscing over where she had heard the term before, and it brought a smile to my lips when she finally realised. "Oh? You had dinner with them?" I asked, slightly jealous that she had gotten the chance to meet her over the time she had been away. "I am sure it was strict. It... kind of bleeds out of her even now." I admitted, scratching the back of my head. "I am sure you looked stunning in the kimono." I complimented Jevi casually, looking up into her eyes to accentuate my seriousness behind it. "Oh, bullshit, you doubted me once or twice, I am sure of it." I countered, raising my eyebrows at her.

Jevi nodded her head, ~"Yeah.. I happened to run into Opal while I was walking the streets of Nimbus on Floor Seven, where the mountain temple was located. After going to lunch and being attacked by some rival guys of her's, she let me come to the temple for protection for the night. Her master almost was not going to let me stay, but Opal was persistent." She smiled softly, ~"Opal and I really bonded that night.. I was happy that she had asked me to stay." She put her hand to her lips and giggled when Grave complimented her on the image of Jevi in that orange kimono, ~"Well.. I hope your imagination is coming up with a nice picture for you.. because I probably wouldn't wear another one of those any time soon. Too dressy and hot for me... But thank you." She looked him back in the eyes with a half-shut look and a slight smirk. She chuckled when Grave called bullshit on Jevi's compliments to his cooking, ~"Oh come on Grave.. that was just me messing with you. I always did have faith that your food tasted great." She looked down at the plate and saw that there were only about two pieces of the food left. She quickly took one with her chopsticks and popped it into her mouth, leaving the last one for Grave to finish.

My eyes widened in surprise. "She was supposed to be away and training... and you bumped into her in town?" I asked, sighing and placing a palm to my forehead. "I am not even gonna ask any more than that..." I groaned, flopping my hair downwards. "I am glad that you did manage to sleep there, bonding with Opal must have been nice for you." I told her with a wide smile, knowing I enjoyed my time with her before her training. Not to say that I did not enjoy it now, but... she just was not as fun and flirty. "I can assure you, 'nice' is an understatement. My imagination is turning an angel into a goddess." I complimented her again, oh so casually. "Well, messing with me seemed quite a lot like actual doubt." I denied with my arms crossed, putting on a mocking pout. My eyes dropped to the last piece of sushi on the plate, and I gratefully grasped it between my chopsticks, before suddenly remembering something and stopping halfway up. "Hey, Jev... I heard there was a Spring Festival coming up, so... I was wondering if you might like to come with me." I asked, looking back up at the girl. I had to take my chance before anyone else snatched her up.

The purplette nodded her head, ~"I think she said her master would give her breaks every once in awhile... or she suck away from training.. I don't remember exactly." she said with a sheepish grin, scratching her cheek with her pointer finger. ~"It was nice to bond with her. She really is an amazing person." She looked Grave in the eyes as he continued his flirting and complimented her on the image of her in a kimono once again. Jevi grabbed her chopsticks and tapped Grave on the forehead with them before waving them in front of him, ~"You just keep with the flirting don't you." one eye closed and a smirk on her lips.

Her eyes opened wide for a moment and her cheeks reddened when Grave asked Jevi to go with him to an upcoming Spring Festival. She then chuckled, ~"Haven't even finished our first date yet.. and you're already asking me out on a second? Quite brave of you." Her sly smirk turned into a genuinely soft smile and she brought her hand up to his cheek, holding it there for a moment. ~"Sure. That sounds like a lot of fun." she looked at him again with half closed eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

I chuckled when Jevi considered various ways Opal might have gotten out. "It certainly sounds like her to sneak out." I muttered, failing to stifle a loud laugh. "Yes, she really is... I, uh... may as well admit this now. When she first came along to join the Blades, we did a quest and I developed feelings for her." I admitted shyly, before frowning. "But... this training... it made her heart immune. She was not the same Opal I had fallen in love with." I cursed, broiling over the bitter feeling it left. Before long, a smile crossed my lips. "But... I felt I may have liked her for the wrong reasons. It feels much more right being able to spend time with you and express my feelings." I explained, giving Jevi a lingering pat on the shoulder.

I waited in cruel anticipation as I awaited Jevi's ceasefire of her teasing and her actual answer. "W-well... I wanted to go anyway... b-but I did not want to go alone..." I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck as I explained one of two reasons. I looked back up as I felt a hand against my cheek, and beamed at the girl. I reached up and took her hand into both of mine, bringing it to my lips and kissing it gently. "Thank you, Jevi... for a lot of things. For being a friend I can rely on, for your unwavering faith in me, for your patience with my terrible moments, and for giving me a chance. I cannot express how grateful I am to you." I thanked her seriously, my eyes not leaving hers.

The girl's cheeks reddened and she looked away for a moment when Grave gently took her hand in his and kissed the back of it. Her eyes shifted again to meet his, golden orbs gazing at him. She felt a small smile form on her slightly parted lips, her hand still holding onto Grave's. Without realizing it, her body began to lean forward towards him, using the hand she held as leverage. She felt her heart beat faster and faster as she continued to move forward, her eyes slowly closing, and her lips quivering. Closer and closer, she was now a second away from meeting his face when she stopped and blinked. She pulled her head back and rubbed the side of her neck, ~"Uhm.. It's getting kind of late. I think I might head back to my shop." Her gaze had shifted away from Grave's again, but that smile remained. ~"I had a really nice time with you though."

It was adorable when Jevi blushed, I had to think at that moment... but when she began leaning in, my expression changed to something more confused. Nonetheless, I closed my eyes, letting things unfold, until no contact was made and I opened them once more. I would be a fibber if I said I had not expected her to pull away. I released her hand gently and shifted off of the bed, a wide smile on my lips. "Alright, let me walk you out." I offered, holding a hand out to help her up. I threw a curious look over the counter at the weasel that lay sound asleep on a stool and I grinned. "Sounds like an early night for all of us, hey?" I whispered, before sighing. "I agree. Any time with you is bliss, though, so I naturally have no arguments." I complimented the girl, smiling kindly.

Jevi looked back up at Grave and smiled, accepting his help for her to stand up. She unfolded her legs out and let them fall over the edge of the bed, her toes touching the floor followed by the rest of her feet as she stood. Bringing her hand up as she walked next to Grave towards the door, she equipped her shoes back on. Once they were standing at the front door to his diner, Jevi turned to look at him, a soft smile on her face. ~"Thank you Grave, I had a great time tonight. Pretty much the first real date I've ever been on." she said with a small laugh, rubbing her arm and looking down at the floor. Her golden eyes looked back up into his and she smiled once again, ~"I'll look into this Spring Festival and when it is, and I'll be sure to meet you there." There was a slight silence for a couple of seconds, but it was not awkward. She took a step forward, placing a hand on Grave's wrist and leaning in towards his face. She gently placed her lips on his cheek, ~"Goodnight." she said, pulling away with a smile. The girl then opened the door to the diner and walked out into the darkened streets of Delilah Village, a wide grin on her face. Perhaps, she thought, this would work out after all.

Thread Complete:
+1 SP each
+ 600 col each