COMPLETE [SP-F1] Adagio <<Earning a Living>>

Soren entered and idly watched the NPC in the time before she noticed his presence.  She was sitting peacefully in her rocking chair, easing back and forth and whistling a soft tune reminiscent of the song he heard at the tree.  It was Ruby's Song.  A soft smile came to his lips and before he closed in on the woman, he rapped his balled up knuckles against the wall to get her attention - if it mattered any.  The same as before, he brought himself onto one knee so he could more appropriately talk to the sightless woman.

"Oh, have you brought me the beauty of the birds?" she asked, as if she recognized him by some supernatural means.

"Of course, ma'am.  I said I would."  His response was spoken quietly, as they were so near one another it seemed inappropriate to talk any louder.  Soren retrieved the sound box from his inventory and handed it to the woman.  As soon as he did, it illuminated a myriad of colors and started to play the song captured within, <<Ruby's Song>>.  The woman smiled brightly as soon as the notes started hitting the air.

When it concluded, she pushed the recording tool back into his hand.  "Thank you, dear.  That was all I needed to hear.  The box is for you to keep and use to capture inspirations for your Performer profession.  I hope you'll come back to me when you've created a wonderful creation of your own."

"Thank you and I will.  I promise."  Soren pocketed the box and was alerted by a Quest Complete prompt that he had successfully unlocked the Performer profession.  Along with the prompt, he received some extra recorded materials to use for his own compilations.  He nodded and accepted the prompt before leaving the room and heading back out into the main showroom.  He quietly stepped over to the black grand piano he had been eyeing before and once again placed his hand upon its top board as he stepped around to the front of the instrument, where the multitude of black and white keys resided.

"Mmm," he murmured as his fingertips came in contact with the ivories.  They traced along the top of them, feeling them over but being careful not to cause a sound.  At last, once he had reached the lowest note on the keys, his index finger lingered.  Suddenly, a wild grin usually unseen upon his lips reared and he pressed down, filling the shop with a deep, low A.

QUEST COMPLETE

Performer unlocked.
+2 SP
+400 Col
+16 Materials
+12 Materials (rolled by GM)