[OP-F1] Need to level up! [Complete]

Drake was walking towards the edge of the starter city, spinning his dagger in his hand, and attempting to get to the edge as fast as possible, when he runs into another player coming around the corner and his dagger drops out of his hand "GAH, WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING!!" Drake grabs up his dagger before it gets destroyed from him dropping it "phew, that was a close one. This is my only knife so it's a good thing I didn't lose it, if I had I would not be able to survive" Drake turned to the player that had run into him "you should watch where your going. I could have lost my dagger from you running straight into me."

Edited by Drake_McGricken

Lycan dashed through the crowd with the same finesse and grace as he had once done through the halls of his High School when running late to Mr. Pierce's AP Chemistry lecture. However, this time, Lycan ran into a wall of bodies he couldn't simply slide through. The momentum was there, and stopping wasn't an option if he wanted to. Lycan gave it his best and luckily only clipped on fellow. Unfortunately, the collision took the pep out of his step and Lyecan had to stagger to regain his balance.

"Crap!" he swore as boots clamored against the cobblestone trying to relearn their balance. They finally caught, and the silver haired teen stood straight.

He found himself in direct eye contact with his involuntary victim.

"Uh, hi?" he began awkwardly. "Sorry about that - in a rush to get my first quest done!"

Lycan smiled, but he felt his body build with the anxiety to get under way. His feet began to move as though he was running in place...

Or had to use the restroom... It was very unclear from an outsider's perspective...

"You should, uh... keep that thing in its sheath till you need it, yeah?"

His body turned away from the boy.

"Good luck!" Lycan shouted, his legs beginning to pull his body back toward the West Gate to the fields.

"Sorry again!" His voice grew faint over the idle chatter of other players in the alley as he made way to the exit.

Edited by Lycan

Drake shakes his head "my gods, I hate this game, but i will have to endure. Wait was he headed toward the west gate? Huh, looks like I might end up running into him again" dashes towards the west gate humming X gon give it to ya to himself. When he reaches the west gate he stops and checks to make sure everything is situated and started walking out into the fields, dagger in hand, searching for an enemy to kill "all right, now I need to grind xp. Hopefully get some col. This is gonna be...... Fun?"

Boys these days seem to be oh so... primitive... mused the noirette as she sat observantly atop the roof of an inn. She had been following, with her eyes, the player who had managed to navigate the crowded Town of Beginning with relative ease, that is until he made contact with a player whose height was that of a skyscraper. She sighed, they both seemed very 'one-track minded'. Uneasily hell bent on doing whatever they had on their mind at the time with no shown interest in their surroundings. Folks like that seem to be the first victim of the boars. "Ahh well, they'll learn soon enough. Maybe.." 

Flipping her legs back to the safety of the roof, Lancelot proceeded to make her way to the West Gate as well. She had grinding of her own to attend to.

Soren was nothing more than a bystander to collision of bodies that happened a few yards in front of him.  He meant to pay no mind to the event, as it was something that was quite common among the commotion that constantly plagued the Town of Beginnings but he had to take a double take at the incredible size of the gargantuan man.  Now, Soren was a tall man himself, sizing in at few inches over six foot but this guy, this giant, was something else entirely.  It was a miracle that he hadn't crushed the pale haired man into the cobblestones below underneath the sheer weight of his imposing size.

"Damn," Soren said solemnly.  It was all that needed to be said, really.  His attention was stripped away by the sight of a young girl running across the rooftops of nearby buildings like some sort of old time cat burglar.  She, along with the white-headed man, made their way toward the western edge of town; it was a well-known farming area.  The newly-christened adventurer known as Icarus nodded in affirmation before he, too, set off in the direction of the West Gate, though he stuck to using the well-manufactured road.

Drake continued walking forward, constantly looking around the field, spinning his dagger again. "If I don't level up I won't be able to survive to the end of the game, I must survive till someone beats the hundredth floor. If I don't I can't graduate West Point and become an Apache pilot." Drake had been walking for a while now so he decided to stop and rest. He looked around seeing a short female nearby along with an average sized man on the other side of the feild, he looked around and saw the stranger who ran into him earlier. "Hmm, surprised there aren't many people here grinding levels."

Lycan sped onward toward the gate. His first quest given by Flower Girl, Aeris to harvest some flowers that might make traveling the beginner fields more tangible. However, his paced slowed as he approached the glowing blue border under the archway that divided the city from the field. Crossing that line meant your HP could fall below zero. It meant that you could die.

Lycan took a gulp and raised his foot to cross over.

"HELP!" Lycan heard someone scream, and his gaze shot up.

A player, similar to his own build, ran toward Lycan with a panic written across his features. Lycan squinted, and the system showed the player's health.

Lycan gasped.

It read: 1/4 HP

Behind the player, Lycan noticed a single boar, its HP still at a healthy three out of four. As it charged, its tusks began to glow blue.

Before Lycan could do anything, the player's body halted just outside the line, a glowing blue tusk peeking out from his thigh. Red glints of damage hissed into the air and the last tick of HP fell to zero.

"Please... No..." the player cried, frozen in place.

Then, a burst of light, and the fragments of data showered over Lycan's terror stricken face.

The player was dead.

Edited by Lycan
Added URL Link

Drake saw saw the stranger from earlier about to exit the town when another player tried to get in. Drake watched as a boar attacked the player and the player explode into data fragments. Drake jumped up and something in the back of his mind drew him to start running towards the boar, with intent of destroying it  "oh gods. What am I thinking? It just killed someone, I haven't even stepped one foot out of the town till earlier, I'm gonna get myself killed" Drake tries to stop but his conscience won't let him, it's like an automatic program in one of his creations, whenever he sees someone hurt, he does his best to help, and when he sees someone killed, he feels like he must end the life of the killer. "Damn it.... Screw it lets just get this done"

"Well that's rather unfortunate," whispered the girl as her legs carried her across the tops of building before giving way as he dropped down to a stack of wooden crates, with the grace of a cat. Climbing down the splinter boxes of goods, Lancelot waltzed across the cobbled street, approaching the white haired player and what was left of the fragmented being that stood their only moments ago. Just as she reached them, the pounding steps rampant in her peripheral vision caused her to draw her axe and hold it out to the rushing tower of a person. Either he would stop or he'd have a nice digital gash in his stomach either way, her intent was to prevent him from getting himself killed much like the player before them did. "I highly advise against that action. You seem to have only just discovered the ability to fight, that boar will kill you if you go out there as you are."

Edited by Lancelot

Drake skidded to a halt, his chest millimeters away from the axes blade "sorry, natural reaction. I see someone killed, my body automaticly makes me try and end the killer" Drake puts the dagger back into its sheith on the back of his belt "I didn't really want to, just something in my mental chemistry creates an automatic reaction. I do need to get some xp though, I need to level up."

Soren was entirely too slow to see the seen unfold and by the time he made it out of the West Gate, the three players he had seen earlier were practically huddled together.  His curiosity was piqued, to say the least.  It was his every intention to keep going and enter the field beyond the gate but the young girl's words made him heed.  What's going on?  Did something happen?

Over the lady's shoulder, he could see a boar with three remaining health points stomping around triumphantly.  The man from before, the one who looked like he had been stretched by Willy Wonka's taffy puller, came to a halt beside him under the girl's warning, as well.  It was him who had mentioned that someone's life had just ended.  Immediately, Soren's mood fouled, though the expression that he wore on the features of his face remained unchanged.  Another unfortunate casualty.

"Primitive.." sighed the noirette as she removed her axe from his chest area and dissolved it back into her inventory. "We all need to level, but getting yourself kinda nulls that out no? Think about it. You seem to be what, level one? Two? at best you kill the boar in two hits id you can even hit it. I've watched players like you. You always have so much potential, then you let your 'instincts' take over and that is when you fall. Don't add yourself to the list of deaths by boar. The list is long enough as is." Returning her focus to the white haired male, Lancelot didn't know what she could actually say to him. This was more than likely his first time seeing someone die.

Stepping into his line of sight, she snapped her fingers in an attempt to gain his attention. "Look, I'm not gonna sugar coat it for you. People die here. Everyday, a new name finds it's way on to the list. Keep your chin up and stay strong for them. There deaths have carved a path for us to succeed, don't waste it." With that, she reproduced her axe and twirled it excitedly as she planned to absolve that boar of its life. Just as she went to turn, a man standing not to far from them caught her attention. While he didn't say anything, the bluenette gave her a weird vibe.

Choosing to ignore him, she turned around and stepped from the confines of the city limits and raised her axe. She had every intent of killing the creature, but suddenly she was a victim over her own words, as she succumbed to cold feet. She stood there, hesitant and unsure. Would the boar attack her?

ID: 48558 BD: 2

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 24 E: 6

D: 7 / A: 1 / E: 0 / M: 9

Iote's Shield [+18 Thorns and +9 Mitigation]

Darkened Axe [+4 Fallen Damage and +1 Accuracy]

Party:

Lancelot: 24/24 E: 6/6

Enemy:

Boar : 3/4 D: 1

(OOC: You guys may attack it, but it will not attack until my turn again. Also lets have a post order with Lycan being next, followed by Drake and Icarus, then myself again.)

Edited by Lancelot

Lycan forgot to breath for a moment. Was there even air here? Who knows. He just sat there, stricken with the image of what just happened. He heard about it, the "End Game" the perpetual "Game Over", but this was the first time he had seen it up close. Suicides over the map edge were different; you never saw the player get sharded. This, this was real.

This was Sword Art Online.

The female's axe broke his trance with words to follow. He didn't catch the majority of them, but he hung on her final sentence:  "Their deaths have carved a path for us to succeed, don't waste it."

Lycan felt a fire awaken in his chest. First, just a warmth then, as a blaze. Was it adrenaline, or was it something more? Either way, those words struck a chord. He snapped his amber gaze to her as she equipped herself for combat. His hand moved on its own and wrapped around the hilt of his sword. Like a compulsion from a dark spirit, he drew his blade.

"I won't," he replied somberly. "I won't let their lives be in vain."

The boar looked to the three of them with a red glint of malice in its eye. This beast didn't just taste its first kill, it enjoyed it. It dug its hoof into the grassy soil, snorted and roared its battle cry.

Whether it was the girl's words or just her fearsome presence, Lycan remained firm in his resolve and met the boar's eyes with his own.

(OOC: I'm not engaging in combat, but my weapon is drawn. I haven't utilized the dice in an actual fight yet, so let me know if I need to edit in a roll to this post.)

Edited by Lycan

Drake stepped up "I must survive, for me, for my freinds, for my family, and for the people who have already died in this damned game, but that doesn't mean I won't fight." Drake pulled his dagger out holding it backwards. "All I want to do is get out of this game, after that I don't think I'm playing games ever again, it's funny cause this is the first game I've ever played, I've always been so focused on studying that I've only ever made time to study with freinds and do extra PT" Drake makes sure to stay back a bit so he doesn't  get hit first

(he isn't going to start the fighting, he originally made his character to be a rogue and he's sticking to it, and I can't open the perma roller on my current device, so I'm using a dice roller and actual dice)

Edited by Drake_McGricken

There was quite a dramatic swing in the mood that saturated the air.  It had quickly transformed from one stinking of depression and fear into an environment that was light with the feeling of firm resolve and intended accomplishment.  Icarus surveyed his makeshift, temporary comrades as they readied their weapons but refrained from actually taking a swing at the haughty beast snorting mockingly at them.  If they wouldn't do it, he would.

A hand reached across the expanse of his plated chest and over his shoulder to wrap around the long handle of his two-handed broadsword, Alondite.  With a hefty pull, he disengaged it from his place upon his back and swung the heavy weapon around until he was able to seize it within the grip of both hands; the finely sharpened tip pointed toward the boar currently engaged in kicking its feet wildly.  Without any further hesitation, Icarus wound up and drew Alondite over the edge of his shoulder as he charged at the boar and lashed out at it with a mighty, overhead cleave.

From out of the pit of his stomach, a labored grunt escaped his open mouth.  The whole of his strength brought the wrath of his sword down upon the head of the boar, and continued through swiftly until it sliced into the grassy earth below like a knife through butter.  The neon orange gash that illuminated along the entire length of the boar pulsed before the animal itself exploded into a shower of polygonal shards.

The deed was done.

Spoiler

ID# 48559
BD: 8 | LD: 20 | MD: 3
Damage: 1 (base) + 1 (skill) + 3 (weapon) = 5 - 1 (mit) = 4
Boar: -1/4 HP
Loot: +1 materials

Edited by Icarus

Lycan turned to this third person just at the moment his blade cleaved the boar in twine. A look of awe crawled across his face and his sword arm fell slack. The man's armor caught the sunlight and his blade glistened with such brilliance only seen in movies and elaborate cutscenes. Wait... This wasn't a cutscene was it? Naw, can't be.

The white haired youth shook off his admiration and returned his sword to its sheath. The battle of the boars was over. Which sadly hit him with a bit of confusion. Since when was killing a first tier mob something to celebrate? Man, things sure have changed.

"Thanks," Lycan added to the newcomer. "To be honest, this was the first time I drew my sword. You made it look easy though! Are you a high level?"

It was a lot of questions to ask to someone you just met, but Lycan had a knack for walking the borderline of awkwardness. Especially to newer people - powerful newer people.

Drake spun his dagger in his hand and slammed it back into its sheith, agitated that he didn't get to attack the boar "you must be a very powerfull person" Drake cracks his neck "I'm guessing you have been grinding strength by the way you killed the boar with that one swing" Drake sits down, preferring to rest after any fight, even if he didn't do anything

His teeth bared momentarily as he yanked on the handle of Alondite and jerked it free from the grasp the earth had on it.  Icarus took a few steps back to rejoin the others, simultaneously bringing his sword in front of him and using it as a vertical post to rest upon; it was a lot easier to do that than put such a massive instrument of damage back into place behind him.  As the questions and compliments came rolling in, the blue haired man simply raised his hand and waved it dismissively in time to match the shy smile that was slowly growing on his lips.

"No, no, no, gentlemen.  Trust me when I say I am just as green as you two."  He returned his waving hand back on top of his other which still remained resting on the pommel of his sword.  "It was only a lucky strike."

After a moment, his eyebrows perked and he switched his gaze back and forth between his companions.

"My name is Icarus.  What do you call yourselves?"

"Wow, really? I doesn't show. You must've played a game like this before or something." Lycan commented. "Oh, my manners! My name is Lycan, it's nice to meet you."

The boy smiled, then looked over to his left. There stood the player he bumped into just moments ago. Lycan looked up at him, only now realizing his height compared to his own. In his rush, he must have missed such a critical and obvious trait. No wonder he decided on a dagger as his main, with an arm-span like that, he doesn't need the reach of a sword or polearm.

"We meet again," Lycan commented.

In the bliss of the moment, he nearly forgot about what happened just moments prior. Someone died just in front of him. Someone with a name, a family, and aspirations. Lycan quickly checked his hud for the time. Just quarter past noon.

"Hey, uh. I overheard there was a tablet for the fallen. Do either of you by chance know where it is? I want to... I want to pay my respects to that player..."

Drake suddenly remembers about the player and walks over to where he was before he got shattered, and kneeled doing a sort of send off ceremony from his beleifs. "may the gods watch over your soul and provide safe passage to the aether" drake stands up and turns back to them "i wish i could help you, but i dont know, when Kayaba made that announcement i stormed my way this way and saw that boar... anyway all i know is i need to get a higher level so i dont die before someone beats the hundredth floor. i want to get out of here."